PDA

View Full Version : The Emily Saga Continues

November 4th 06, 12:58 PM
Emily appears to be responding well to the antibiotic treatment for her
URI. But yesterday I brought her back to the vet and then the bad news
came.

Emily is 14 years old, a tiny little black (chocolate brown in reality)
cat who took over the house and had dominion over the two male cats,
Randy and Cosimo.

Anyhow the vet tells me that Emily has swolen lymph nodes, which is
usually indicative of a malignancy. So once again we're going to have to
make some decisions. First we'll do a 10 day or so course of medication
then re-evaluate.

Right now she's on 2.5mg of prednisone to reduce the swelling of the
lymph nodes but the vet explained that this is purely a paliative
measure.

The SO is beside himself. Emily was his first cat and he's having a hard
time rationalizing the whole thing. Having had to put our big guy Cosimo
down last February was hard enough on both of us, but Emily is going to
be very hard on Keyron.

meeee
November 5th 06, 11:25 PM
:( what terribel news. My heart ggoes out to you both. We'll be sending
purrs.

. ..