PDA

View Full Version : cat very very sick, HELP!

mittensowner
November 5th 06, 10:14 PM
Hi, I need advice for my sick cat. He's going on 11 years old. He's gotten
thinner, when i pick him up he's much lighter and you can feel his spine
when you couldn't before. the most alarming thing, he has and thirst that
can't seem to be quenched. He will not hang out anywhere that he can't get
to water quickly, and he'll drink water out of anything: the toilet,
people's glasses, the sink, the dog's water dish, not to metion his own
which is huge. The other night i filled an old cool whip container with
water and put it down in my room for him so he could hang out with me and
still be close to water, he almost finished half of it in one sitting. As a
result, of course, he urinates in huge amounts at a time. I'm worried, he
seems to young to be knocking on death's door, but this is not normal
behaviour. Please help.

Magic Mood JeepŠ
November 5th 06, 10:29 PM
In news:[email protected],
mittensowner purred:
> Hi, I need advice for my sick cat. He's going on 11 years old. He's
> gotten thinner, when i pick him up he's much lighter and you can feel
> his spine when you couldn't before. the most alarming thing, he has
> and thirst that can't seem to be quenched. He will not hang out
> anywhere that he can't get to water quickly, and he'll drink water
> out of anything: the toilet, people's glasses, the sink, the dog's
> water dish, not to metion his own which is huge. The other night i
> filled an old cool whip container with water and put it down in my
> room for him so he could hang out with me and still be close to
> water, he almost finished half of it in one sitting. As a result, of
> course, he urinates in huge amounts at a time. I'm worried, he seems
> to young to be knocking on death's door, but this is not normal
> behaviour. Please help.

You, cat, vet NOW!!!

Extreme thirst is a sign of two adult cat diseases/ailments that I that I
can think of off the top of my head, one is Chronic Renal (kidney) Failure,
the other is Diabetes.

Please that your cat to the vet, and in addition to a checkup, have a full
"blood panel" done - they check the blood for *everything*, which is useful
in older cats (a cat is considered senior after the age of 10).

Roby
November 5th 06, 10:31 PM
mittensowner wrote:

> Hi, I need advice for my sick cat. He's going on 11 years old. He's
> gotten thinner, when i pick him up he's much lighter and you can feel his
> spine
> when you couldn't before. the most alarming thing, he has and thirst that
> can't seem to be quenched. He will not hang out anywhere that he can't
> get to water quickly, and he'll drink water out of anything: the toilet,
> people's glasses, the sink, the dog's water dish, not to metion his own
> which is huge. The other night i filled an old cool whip container with
> water and put it down in my room for him so he could hang out with me and
> still be close to water, he almost finished half of it in one sitting. As
> result, of course, he urinates in huge amounts at a time. I'm worried, he
> seems to young to be knocking on death's door, but this is not normal
> behaviour. Please help.

My guess: diabetes. Often easily managed with injections of insulin or oral
medications. All of that drinking and urination really takes a toll on body
chemistry: flushing out needed minerals.

Please, please take Mittens to a vet. Don't wait.

Gail
November 5th 06, 10:42 PM
TAKE THE CAT TO THE VET ASAP. HE CAN BE HELPED WITH THE PROPER MEDICAL
TREATMENT.
Gail
"mittensowner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Hi, I need advice for my sick cat. He's going on 11 years old. He's
> gotten
> thinner, when i pick him up he's much lighter and you can feel his spine
> when you couldn't before. the most alarming thing, he has and thirst that
> can't seem to be quenched. He will not hang out anywhere that he can't
> get
> to water quickly, and he'll drink water out of anything: the toilet,
> people's glasses, the sink, the dog's water dish, not to metion his own
> which is huge. The other night i filled an old cool whip container with
> water and put it down in my room for him so he could hang out with me and
> still be close to water, he almost finished half of it in one sitting. As
> result, of course, he urinates in huge amounts at a time. I'm worried, he
> seems to young to be knocking on death's door, but this is not normal
> behaviour. Please help.

mariib via CatKB.com
November 5th 06, 10:43 PM
mittensowner wrote:
>Hi, I need advice for my sick cat. He's going on 11 years old. He's gotten
>thinner, when i pick him up he's much lighter and you can feel his spine
>when you couldn't before. the most alarming thing, he has and thirst that
>can't seem to be quenched. He will not hang out anywhere that he can't get
>to water quickly, and he'll drink water out of anything: the toilet,
>people's glasses, the sink, the dog's water dish, not to metion his own
>which is huge. The other night i filled an old cool whip container with
>water and put it down in my room for him so he could hang out with me and
>still be close to water, he almost finished half of it in one sitting. As a
>result, of course, he urinates in huge amounts at a time. I'm worried, he
>seems to young to be knocking on death's door, but this is not normal
>behaviour. Please help.

Get yourself & your cat to the vet tomorrow morning ASAP. Many possibilities
including a thyroid problem, diabetes, early chronic renal failure (CRF) &
others. Most everyone here will tell you to seek competent medical help for
your cat & not to delay any longer because your cat can be treated if you
have the commitment to do it.
M.

Buddy's Mom
November 5th 06, 10:59 PM
Make sure they test his thyroid - sounds like hyperthyroidism to me.
They don't test for this routinely for some dumb reason. So make sure
you ask for this test. You can treat this disease with medication at
home. Get a blood test asap.

mittensowner wrote:
> Hi, I need advice for my sick cat. He's going on 11 years old. He's gotten
> thinner, when i pick him up he's much lighter and you can feel his spine
> when you couldn't before. the most alarming thing, he has and thirst that
> can't seem to be quenched. He will not hang out anywhere that he can't get
> to water quickly, and he'll drink water out of anything: the toilet,
> people's glasses, the sink, the dog's water dish, not to metion his own
> which is huge. The other night i filled an old cool whip container with
> water and put it down in my room for him so he could hang out with me and
> still be close to water, he almost finished half of it in one sitting. As a
> result, of course, he urinates in huge amounts at a time. I'm worried, he
> seems to young to be knocking on death's door, but this is not normal
> behaviour. Please help.

cybercat
November 5th 06, 11:35 PM
"mittensowner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Hi, I need advice for my sick cat.

You don't need advice. You needed to take your sorry ass and Mittens to
the emergency vet YESTERDAY.

Jesus.

mittensowner
November 5th 06, 11:43 PM
thankyou for the compassion for the place i'm in right now. It's so nice to
know someone understands how UPSET and WORRIED i am about my cat, and how i'm
totally BROKE but still trying to find somewhere to take him that won't
WORSEN his condition with the travel. Oh, and, don't use the lords name in
vain. although, you getting stricken down right now would put a grin on my
face.

cybercat wrote:
>> Hi, I need advice for my sick cat.
>
>You don't need advice. You needed to take your sorry ass and Mittens to
>the emergency vet YESTERDAY.
>
>Jesus.

Gail
November 5th 06, 11:45 PM
Everyone is saying that he needs to see a vet ASAP. Borrow the $$ if you
need to. Your cat will not die during the travel, but will die if he doesn't
receive treatment.
Gail
"mittensowner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> thankyou for the compassion for the place i'm in right now. It's so nice
> know someone understands how UPSET and WORRIED i am about my cat, and how
> i'm
> totally BROKE but still trying to find somewhere to take him that won't
> WORSEN his condition with the travel. Oh, and, don't use the lords name
> in
> vain. although, you getting stricken down right now would put a grin on
> my
> face.
>
> cybercat wrote:
>>> Hi, I need advice for my sick cat.
>>
>>You don't need advice. You needed to take your sorry ass and Mittens to
>>the emergency vet YESTERDAY.
>>
>>Jesus.

cybercat
November 6th 06, 12:17 AM
"mittensowner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> thankyou for the compassion for the place i'm in right now.

My compassion is for your poor cat. Borrow the money. Sell something.
Take your cat to a vet in the morning, and arrange for payments.

Why in hell should I feel sorry for you? This has been going on for
days and you are allowing the cat to suffer. Ugh. Sell your ****ing
computer, there's an idea.

mittensowner
November 6th 06, 12:32 AM
alright, not like it's any of YOUR business, but i'm at college, i just went
home and found this out, i'm not selling my computer because I need it for
school, and my family can't afford to pay for themselves to go to the doctor
let alone my cat. I love my cat, don't even think for a minute that i don't
feel his pain, and that i don't want to help him. I'm calling vets to get
the best price, and i'm trying to get money any way i can. don't judge me,
and don't tell me what to do when you have no clue where i'm coming from. I
get that you're an animal lover, but not as many people would be willing to
sell their kidney to take their cat to the vet just for a check-up. I know
something's seriously wrong, i knew it as soon as i went home, i just posted
the question the get some opinions on what might be wrong and to see if
anyone has an idea as to how to make him more comfortable until i can get him
to the vet. besides the fact that no where out here is open on sunday, so
get over yourself and your high and mighty view on life and animal care.
this is not directed on everyone else that wrote me, thankyou so much for
your help, i have four vets to call as soon as they open tomorrow at 8 amand
i'm going to do my best for my cat. My concerns for his travel are valid
because i know him and how much he completely freaks out and salivates in the
shortest car ride, and how dehidrated he is right now i need somewhere close
to take him to. My retort is for cybercat only and their psychotic attack on
my situation. Thankyou everyone else for their help, and i'll update you on
his condition as soon as i get him to the vet.

cybercat wrote:
>> thankyou for the compassion for the place i'm in right now.
>
>My compassion is for your poor cat. Borrow the money. Sell something.
>Take your cat to a vet in the morning, and arrange for payments.
>
>Why in hell should I feel sorry for you? This has been going on for
>days and you are allowing the cat to suffer. Ugh. Sell your ****ing
>computer, there's an idea.

November 6th 06, 12:50 AM
"mittensowner" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Oh, and, don't use the lords name in
>vain. although, you getting stricken down right now would put a grin on my
>face.

Sure it would because you are such a good Christian. Take your cat to
the vet and then DIAF for christ's sake.
-mhd

cybercat
November 6th 06, 12:58 AM
"mittensowner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> alright, not like it's any of YOUR business, but i'm at college,

Just STFU and take care of your cat. Are your parents as stupid and
irresponsible
as you?

Don't come into a group where people obviously care about cats and announce
that you are posting here instead of rushing your cat in for medical care
before
she dies and expect not to get flamed.

**** you and your feelings. You are not helpless, your cat is.

mittensowner
November 6th 06, 01:15 AM
wow. that's all i can say. I'm pulling this off, cuz i can't take any more
of your bull****. **** you and go staight to ****ing hell you ****ing bitch.

cybercat wrote:
>> alright, not like it's any of YOUR business, but i'm at college,
>
>Just STFU and take care of your cat. Are your parents as stupid and
>irresponsible
>as you?
>
>Don't come into a group where people obviously care about cats and announce
>that you are posting here instead of rushing your cat in for medical care
>before
>she dies and expect not to get flamed.
>
>**** you and your feelings. You are not helpless, your cat is.

Rhonda
November 6th 06, 01:44 AM
Mittensowner, welcome to the group, hahaha. Every other week we practice
our people skills. This was the wrong week.

I just wanted to tell you that our cat had almost the same symptoms as
yours -- dramatic weight loss, thirsty all of the time, and soaking the
litter box. He had diabetes. It was controlled with 2 insulin shots per
day.

Good luck tomorrow. Hope you let us know what's happening with your cat.

Rhonda

mittensowner wrote:
> wow. that's all i can say. I'm pulling this off, cuz i can't take any more
> of your bull****. **** you and go staight to ****ing hell you ****ing bitch.
>
> cybercat wrote:
>
>>>alright, not like it's any of YOUR business, but i'm at college,
>>
>>Just STFU and take care of your cat. Are your parents as stupid and
>>irresponsible
>>as you?
>>
>>Don't come into a group where people obviously care about cats and announce
>>that you are posting here instead of rushing your cat in for medical care
>>before
>>she dies and expect not to get flamed.
>>
>>**** you and your feelings. You are not helpless, your cat is.

November 6th 06, 01:45 AM
hi,
I take it you don't live in England?Here we have charities thaty we can
go to ask for a bit of assistance when a situation like this
arises...have you any charities over there that might help you with
this problem with mittens?I think you have taken quite a bit of stick
today,yet I feel for you,as I too have just found out that all of my
cats ,might have ringworm&I can assure you that is going to cost me a
pretty penny too..but they are right,you must do all you can to try and
get assistance with the bill from the vet,who might even help you with
a payment program...you don't ask,you don't get...so what have you got
to loose appart form a bit of face?
In this country we have a society called the cat protection league,who
mostly deal with spaying or nuetering,but they would consider helping
low income families rather than see a cat suffer,so have a look in your
local phone book or on the net to see if you can come up with someone
who can help you-some people don't understand what it is like to be
short on cash,so try to be tolerant & do all you can to help your poor
cat who must be suffering,but unable to tell you how bad it is for
him...good luck by the way& let us know how you got on with mittens,ok?
Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
> In news:[email protected],
> mittensowner purred:
> > Hi, I need advice for my sick cat. He's going on 11 years old. He's
> > gotten thinner, when i pick him up he's much lighter and you can feel
> > his spine when you couldn't before. the most alarming thing, he has
> > and thirst that can't seem to be quenched. He will not hang out
> > anywhere that he can't get to water quickly, and he'll drink water
> > out of anything: the toilet, people's glasses, the sink, the dog's
> > water dish, not to metion his own which is huge. The other night i
> > filled an old cool whip container with water and put it down in my
> > room for him so he could hang out with me and still be close to
> > water, he almost finished half of it in one sitting. As a result, of
> > course, he urinates in huge amounts at a time. I'm worried, he seems
> > to young to be knocking on death's door, but this is not normal
> > behaviour. Please help.
>
> You, cat, vet NOW!!!
>
> Extreme thirst is a sign of two adult cat diseases/ailments that I that I
> can think of off the top of my head, one is Chronic Renal (kidney) Failure,
> the other is Diabetes.
>
> Please that your cat to the vet, and in addition to a checkup, have a full
> "blood panel" done - they check the blood for *everything*, which is useful
> in older cats (a cat is considered senior after the age of 10).

mittensowner
November 6th 06, 03:12 AM
Thankyou! thankyou for being decent! I will tell you. please, if you're
religious, if any of you are, please pray for him. I can't lose him, and he
doesn't deserve to go like this. And i am so sorry for the language i ended
up using. I apologize.

Rhonda wrote:
>Mittensowner, welcome to the group, hahaha. Every other week we practice
>our people skills. This was the wrong week.
>
>I just wanted to tell you that our cat had almost the same symptoms as
>yours -- dramatic weight loss, thirsty all of the time, and soaking the
>litter box. He had diabetes. It was controlled with 2 insulin shots per
>day.
>
>Good luck tomorrow. Hope you let us know what's happening with your cat.
>
>Rhonda
>
>> wow. that's all i can say. I'm pulling this off, cuz i can't take any more
>> of your bull****. **** you and go staight to ****ing hell you ****ing bitch.
>[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
>>>
>>>**** you and your feelings. You are not helpless, your cat is.

mittensowner
November 6th 06, 03:19 AM
Thankyou! I hadn't thought about that, i'll look into it right now. And i
want all of you to know, i just posted this, i haven't been messing around on
this site for a week or something. Oh, maybe there is hope, cross your
fingers that i find some organization that will help. If anyone knows of one
in america, specifically colorado, please tell me. the sooner we get him to
the vet (hopefully tomorrow morning first thing) the better! I hope someone
would help after i go and agree to a payment plan, cuz i can't wait.

wrote:
>hi,
>I take it you don't live in England?Here we have charities thaty we can
>go to ask for a bit of assistance when a situation like this
>arises...have you any charities over there that might help you with
>this problem with mittens?I think you have taken quite a bit of stick
>today,yet I feel for you,as I too have just found out that all of my
>cats ,might have ringworm&I can assure you that is going to cost me a
>pretty penny too..but they are right,you must do all you can to try and
>get assistance with the bill from the vet,who might even help you with
>a payment program...you don't ask,you don't get...so what have you got
>to loose appart form a bit of face?
>In this country we have a society called the cat protection league,who
>mostly deal with spaying or nuetering,but they would consider helping
>low income families rather than see a cat suffer,so have a look in your
>local phone book or on the net to see if you can come up with someone
>who can help you-some people don't understand what it is like to be
>short on cash,so try to be tolerant & do all you can to help your poor
>cat who must be suffering,but unable to tell you how bad it is for
>him...good luck by the way& let us know how you got on with mittens,ok?
>> > Hi, I need advice for my sick cat. He's going on 11 years old. He's
>> > gotten thinner, when i pick him up he's much lighter and you can feel
>[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]
>> "blood panel" done - they check the blood for *everything*, which is useful
>> in older cats (a cat is considered senior after the age of 10).

ChristyLynn
November 6th 06, 04:07 AM
psycho.

Lynne
November 6th 06, 04:16 AM
on Mon, 06 Nov 2006 03:12:35 GMT, "mittensowner" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thankyou! thankyou for being decent! I will tell you. please, if
> you're religious, if any of you are, please pray for him. I can't
> lose him, and he doesn't deserve to go like this. And i am so sorry
> for the language i ended up using. I apologize.

I suspect that coming home from school to find your cat very sick must be
really frightening. Not having funds to see a vet must be making you
crazy. I hope you are able to get him to a vet tomorrow in order to find
out what is wrong. If you are anywhere near CSU, they have a vet school
and may have much more reasonable rates than a private practice vet. When
I was in college, the Virginia-Maryland College of Vet medicine at Virginia
Tech took excellent care of my animals, and they had leading edge medical
technology available to them. The vets were exceptionally compassionate,
too. Good luck to you and your kitty. Let us know how it goes.

--
Lynne

meeee
November 6th 06, 05:24 AM
Hi mittens. Some people on here enjoy jumping down people's throats without
thinking first. But not all, so dont be put off by that. They just over
worry about animals and forget to think about people at times. Basically
they are all concerned about mittens, which is good. I know you're doing the
best you can for mittens, I often ask here on the group before going to the
vet as vets often jump to conclusions and sometimes you need to know which
specific things to ask for. So listen to the advice given, and ignore the
rabid howlings of the nutters. Best wishes for mittens. possibly call a
local animal group and see if they can arrange a loan for you or something.

"mittensowner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> alright, not like it's any of YOUR business, but i'm at college, i just
> went
> home and found this out, i'm not selling my computer because I need it for
> school, and my family can't afford to pay for themselves to go to the
> doctor
> let alone my cat. I love my cat, don't even think for a minute that i
> don't
> feel his pain, and that i don't want to help him. I'm calling vets to get
> the best price, and i'm trying to get money any way i can. don't judge
> me,
> and don't tell me what to do when you have no clue where i'm coming from.
> get that you're an animal lover, but not as many people would be willing
> sell their kidney to take their cat to the vet just for a check-up. I
> know
> something's seriously wrong, i knew it as soon as i went home, i just
> posted
> the question the get some opinions on what might be wrong and to see if
> anyone has an idea as to how to make him more comfortable until i can get
> him
> to the vet. besides the fact that no where out here is open on sunday, so
> get over yourself and your high and mighty view on life and animal care.
> this is not directed on everyone else that wrote me, thankyou so much for
> your help, i have four vets to call as soon as they open tomorrow at 8
> amand
> i'm going to do my best for my cat. My concerns for his travel are valid
> because i know him and how much he completely freaks out and salivates in
> the
> shortest car ride, and how dehidrated he is right now i need somewhere
> close
> to take him to. My retort is for cybercat only and their psychotic attack
> on
> my situation. Thankyou everyone else for their help, and i'll update you
> on
> his condition as soon as i get him to the vet.
>
> cybercat wrote:
>>> thankyou for the compassion for the place i'm in right now.
>>
>>My compassion is for your poor cat. Borrow the money. Sell something.
>>Take your cat to a vet in the morning, and arrange for payments.
>>
>>Why in hell should I feel sorry for you? This has been going on for
>>days and you are allowing the cat to suffer. Ugh. Sell your ****ing
>>computer, there's an idea.

meeee
November 6th 06, 05:25 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "mittensowner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> alright, not like it's any of YOUR business, but i'm at college,
>
> Just STFU and take care of your cat. Are your parents as stupid and
> irresponsible
> as you?
>
> Don't come into a group where people obviously care about cats and
> announce
> that you are posting here instead of rushing your cat in for medical care
> before
> she dies and expect not to get flamed.
>
> **** you and your feelings. You are not helpless, your cat is.

**** Off cybercat. Grow a brain and some compassion. Yes, Com-Pas-sion. A
feeling you seem to be bereft of completely. Self Righteous little **** that
you are.

ChristyLynn
November 6th 06, 05:28 AM
I'm coming in on this thread late, but from a glance it looks like she asked
for help, went on a tyrade of expletives, then asked for us to pray for her
cat. She comes across either young and/or immature or a psycho looking for
attention.

mittensowner via CatKB.com
November 6th 06, 05:43 AM
Ok, yes, this has not been my most glamorous moment. but i'm really freaked,
and i didn't start with the explatives, cybercat did, and if you notice, my
second response i did not cuss at all, then they replied and started cussing
at me, so i did back because i was sick of people calling me names for not
getting my cat to a vet that wouldn't even be open. And i asked the nice
people to pray for my cat. this is the first pet i've ever had to take care
of for having something like this, and having to deal with people attacking
me is not helpful. basically, i'm saying if you can't say anything helpful
and something that isn't obvious (like, take him to the vet) then i don't
need to hear it. I'm not trying to be rude, but i really don't need the
added stress of people yelling at while i'm doing my best.

For the rest of you that have actually been helpful, i found a place called
the cat care society that i think i would qualify for. the only problem is
it isn't open till tuesday, which gives me time to get back home again and
get all my stuff together, but it's not a good idea to wait that long. so
i'm still going to call the vets i found and see what they would charge.
thanks again for those that gave me helpful advice and were supportive.

ChristyLynn wrote:
>I'm coming in on this thread late, but from a glance it looks like she asked
>for help, went on a tyrade of expletives, then asked for us to pray for her
>cat. She comes across either young and/or immature or a psycho looking for
>attention.

meeee
November 6th 06, 05:56 AM
"ChristyLynn" > wrote in message
> I'm coming in on this thread late, but from a glance it looks like she
> asked for help, went on a tyrade of expletives, then asked for us to pray
> for her cat. She comes across either young and/or immature or a psycho
> looking for attention.

I would say, as she's in college that she is young and immature. Which isnt
a crime. And she only started the expletives after cybercat and her cronies
went on their usual 'slay the infidel with bad language' tirade. Fortunately
some of the more rational members of the group stepped in with advice
instead of condemnation. Possibly they remembered that the name of the group
is 'rec.pets.cats.health+behaviour' which kind of indicates people should
come here asking for advice, instead of
rec.pets.cats.comehereandgetflamed....

November 6th 06, 08:01 AM
mittensowner wrote:
> Thankyou! I hadn't thought about that, i'll look into it right now. And i
> want all of you to know, i just posted this, i haven't been messing around on
> this site for a week or something. Oh, maybe there is hope, cross your
> fingers that i find some organization that will help. If anyone knows of one
> in america, specifically colorado, please tell me. the sooner we get him to
> the vet (hopefully tomorrow morning first thing) the better! I hope someone
> would help after i go and agree to a payment plan, cuz i can't wait.

These symptoms sound like Kidney failure. Kira just died of this, and
we didn't catch it because her other illness was more obvious, and her
full blood panel 2 months earlier was normal. We only did the partial
blood panel during her illness and the last vet visit.

At the very least, your cat is probably very dehydrated and
underweight. You need to get a sub-Q pack and hydrate him at home. And
get him eating more.

Call around and ask the vets. Rates vary. The vet closest to me is on
the edge of an expensive area, so the rates are 2-3 times as much as my
regular vet. We just have to drive further to get to ours. A full
checkup and blood panel was $150.

This is a very serious situation that can be fatal in a short amount of
time. Kira was back to the vet on a Tuesday and given meds and
hydration. she died on Thursday as I was getting her ready to go back
to the vet. She seemed fine that Monday. She went downhill fast. The
description of your cat sounds exactly like Kira, camping out next to
the water bowl, and spine getting knobby.

You might consider a small loan if you can't do payments. My credit
union does a loan similar to a payday loan, but with a lower fee. $350
loan with a $35 fee and 30 days to pay. That would probably cover you
for a checkup, bloodwork, meds, appetite stimulant, and sub Q pack.

cybercat
November 6th 06, 02:18 PM
"ChristyLynn" > wrote in message
> I'm coming in on this thread late, but from a glance it looks like she
> asked for help, went on a tyrade of expletives, then asked for us to pray
> for her cat. She comes across either young and/or immature or a psycho
> looking for attention.

The poor cat. Bitch can't be bothered to take her to the vet for DAYS
when she is clearly in distress and skin and bones, but she can take the
time to type lengthy, asinine excuses all in lower case. Ugh.

cybercat
November 6th 06, 02:34 PM
> wrote in message
> "mittensowner" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Oh, and, don't use the lords name in
>>vain. although, you getting stricken down right now would put a grin on
>>my
>>face.
>
> Sure it would because you are such a good Christian. Take your cat to
> the vet and then DIAF for christ's sake.
> -mhd

wth is DIAF? :D

Matthew
November 6th 06, 03:44 PM
Die in a fire
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=DIAF&Find=find&string=exact

"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .

> > wrote in message
>> "mittensowner" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Oh, and, don't use the lords name in
>>>vain. although, you getting stricken down right now would put a grin on
>>>my
>>>face.
>>
>> Sure it would because you are such a good Christian. Take your cat to
>> the vet and then DIAF for christ's sake.
>> -mhd
>
> wth is DIAF? :D

November 6th 06, 05:21 PM
"cybercat" > wrote:

> wrote in message
>> "mittensowner" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Oh, and, don't use the lords name in
>>>vain. although, you getting stricken down right now would put a grin on
>>>my
>>>face.
>>
>> Sure it would because you are such a good Christian. Take your cat to
>> the vet and then DIAF for christ's sake.
>> -mhd
>
>wth is DIAF? :D

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=D.I.A.F.

Note the sample usage which indicates it is more figurative than
literal.

-mhd

mittensowner via CatKB.com
November 6th 06, 05:35 PM
I am taking him to the Vet, after finding out about his condition TWO days
ago and no vet was open on SUNDAY. Kiss my ass cybercat. He is NOT skin and
bones, and if all you have to attack is the way I type, then you need a life.

cybercat wrote:
>> I'm coming in on this thread late, but from a glance it looks like she
>> asked for help, went on a tyrade of expletives, then asked for us to pray
>> for her cat. She comes across either young and/or immature or a psycho
>> looking for attention.
>
>The poor cat. Bitch can't be bothered to take her to the vet for DAYS
>when she is clearly in distress and skin and bones, but she can take the
>time to type lengthy, asinine excuses all in lower case. Ugh.

mittensowner via CatKB.com
November 6th 06, 05:37 PM
Oh, and btw, GTH. If you wanna pay for him, send me the money, otherwise
shut up.

cybercat wrote:
>> I'm coming in on this thread late, but from a glance it looks like she
>> asked for help, went on a tyrade of expletives, then asked for us to pray
>> for her cat. She comes across either young and/or immature or a psycho
>> looking for attention.
>
>The poor cat. Bitch can't be bothered to take her to the vet for DAYS
>when she is clearly in distress and skin and bones, but she can take the
>time to type lengthy, asinine excuses all in lower case. Ugh.

Lynne
November 6th 06, 05:46 PM
on Mon, 06 Nov 2006 14:18:18 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> The poor cat. Bitch can't be bothered to take her to the vet for DAYS
> when she is clearly in distress and skin and bones, but she can take the
> time to type lengthy, asinine excuses all in lower case. Ugh.

I'm not anxious to jump into the mix here, but I think you were hard on
her. She's a college kid and probably hasn't seen her cat for weeks if not
longer. It seems her parents aren't close enough to the cat to notice the
problem, and she's in a panic. I would be too, in her shoes.

My concern isn't that she won't have him to the vet today, but whether or
not her parents will properly care for the cat when she's back at school.
College dorms don't allow pets.

I feel bad for the kitty AND for her. She's probably had this cat since
she was a little girl. I'd be absolutely wigging out if I were her, as a
matter of fact.

--
Lynne

mittensowner via CatKB.com
November 6th 06, 05:47 PM
Alright, this is the last time I will be on here because this site has been
far less than warm for being animal lovers. I have found a place that will
see him because of our financial need so it will be less expensive and they
should be able to help. I will be rushing him there as soon as I post this,
and trust in the fact that whatever the outcome I will do what is needed to
make him better, or, if it is too late for that (kidneys) then I will either
make him comfortable or put him down, which would be the most painful for me
but the most humane for him. Thankyou to everyone who were compassionate and
gave me helpful advice. Enjoy your little site, you will not be hearing from
me again.

mittensowner wrote:
>Hi, I need advice for my sick cat. He's going on 11 years old. He's gotten
>thinner, when i pick him up he's much lighter and you can feel his spine
>when you couldn't before. the most alarming thing, he has and thirst that
>can't seem to be quenched. He will not hang out anywhere that he can't get
>to water quickly, and he'll drink water out of anything: the toilet,
>people's glasses, the sink, the dog's water dish, not to metion his own
>which is huge. The other night i filled an old cool whip container with
>water and put it down in my room for him so he could hang out with me and
>still be close to water, he almost finished half of it in one sitting. As a
>result, of course, he urinates in huge amounts at a time. I'm worried, he
>seems to young to be knocking on death's door, but this is not normal
>behaviour. Please help.

November 6th 06, 08:31 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Mon, 06 Nov 2006 14:18:18 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> The poor cat. Bitch can't be bothered to take her to the vet for DAYS
>> when she is clearly in distress and skin and bones, but she can take the
>> time to type lengthy, asinine excuses all in lower case. Ugh.
>
> I'm not anxious to jump into the mix here, but I think you were hard on
> her. She's a college kid and probably hasn't seen her cat for weeks if
> not
> longer. It seems her parents aren't close enough to the cat to notice the
> problem, and she's in a panic. I would be too, in her shoes.
>
> My concern isn't that she won't have him to the vet today, but whether or
> not her parents will properly care for the cat when she's back at school.
> College dorms don't allow pets.
>
> I feel bad for the kitty AND for her. She's probably had this cat since
> she was a little girl. I'd be absolutely wigging out if I were her, as a
> matter of fact.

You're entitled to your opinion. But when a decent human being is
"wigging out" over their beloved sick cat, the first place they go is
to the VET. You find a way. I found a way, and so could this idiot.
As long as she stuck around and flamed those who called her on
her idiocy, she was here for attention. Poor little whoever, worried
about her cat. Ugh. The cat had been sick for days and was skin
and bones.

ChristyLynn
November 6th 06, 08:52 PM
"mittensowner via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote
> Enjoy your little site, you will not be hearing from me again.

Bye.

November 7th 06, 01:44 AM
Lynne wrote:
> on Mon, 06 Nov 2006 14:18:18 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> > The poor cat. Bitch can't be bothered to take her to the vet for DAYS
> > when she is clearly in distress and skin and bones, but she can take the
> > time to type lengthy, asinine excuses all in lower case. Ugh.
>
> I'm not anxious to jump into the mix here, but I think you were hard on
> her. She's a college kid and probably hasn't seen her cat for weeks if not
> longer. It seems her parents aren't close enough to the cat to notice the
> problem, and she's in a panic. I would be too, in her shoes.
>
> My concern isn't that she won't have him to the vet today, but whether or
> not her parents will properly care for the cat when she's back at school.
> College dorms don't allow pets.
>
> I feel bad for the kitty AND for her. She's probably had this cat since
> she was a little girl. I'd be absolutely wigging out if I were her, as a
> matter of fact.

This is the impression I have gotten too. This is a sad situation, but
I would put the blame on the parents. They either didn't see it or
didn't care, and don't appear to be helping her at all. When I was in
college, I had to borrow money from my parents to handle vet situations
like these. A pet given to a kid is often a senior when that kid is in
college. So, the higher vet bills and emegencies show up when the kid
is still poor, and the parents may or may not help out.

If the cat is living with the parents, they should have taken
responsibilty for the health of the cat and taken him to the vet long
before he got to this stage. It sounds like they just don't care and
now it is emergency situation instead of routine care.

November 7th 06, 02:04 AM
cybercat wrote:

> You're entitled to your opinion. But when a decent human being is
> "wigging out" over their beloved sick cat, the first place they go is
> to the VET. You find a way. I found a way, and so could this idiot.
> As long as she stuck around and flamed those who called her on
> her idiocy, she was here for attention. Poor little whoever, worried
> about her cat. Ugh. The cat had been sick for days and was skin
> and bones.

Not every place has a vet open on Saturday and Sunday. The first post
appears to be on a Saturday.

If I see a problem and the vet is open, I take my cat to the vet. If I
find the problem at night when the vet is closed, I do some searching
online and ask questions on the group. I then go to the vet in the
morning, more informed than I was when I discovered the problem.

I've had a cat die in the middle of the night, and it was a horrible
experience. I would feel even worse if people attacked me for not going
to the vet when I couldn't possibly have done so. In that case, I had
taken the cat two days earlier, and gotten another checkup on his
injuries (injured stray that we found), and got some more medication.
The day he died, he seemed fine when I left for work. I returned home
at 11pm, and realized he was in trouble. We didn't have a 24 hour vet,
so I planned to be at the vet;s office at 7am, so that the first person
in could help him. He died at 3:06am.

Also, Kira just died a couple weeks ago. She was at the vet's office on
a Tuesday. It did not appear life threatening. The vet called on
Wednesday with her bloodwork results and told me to keep the
prescription doses the same as he stated the day before. On Thursday,
she seemed worse, so I was carrying her toward the door to go back to
the vet, and she died.

I'm not psychic. Neither is the vet. Had we known this was an emergency
situation, we would have done more treatment and more testing that
Tuesday. But I was going back as soon as I knew she was worse. It just
wasn't in time.

Rather than attacking people, why not encourage them? If you believe
she is refusing to go to the vet, then give her some strong reasons why
she really needs to go now. If the person mentioned financial problems,
then give suggestions (sell stuff, etc) and remind them why this is so
important.

Keep in mind that many people who ask these questions are new to pets,
new to adulthood, or just weren't raised with this kind of knowledge.
Instead of attacking them, EDUCATE them.

Why are so many cats not spayed or neutered? Because people are
ignorant about the problems. They were raised with the myths of one
litter for health, or they don't realize the health risks or how bad
the overpopulation problems are. Etc. Yelling at them just makes them
think we are crazy. But some calm education can make a huge difference.
When I joined this group many years ago, I was a young college student
who was raised by a backyard breeder. I grew up with a lot of these
myths and beliefs. It was the education from this group that taught me
the truth and helped me to stop my mom's breeding. Kira, who died 2
weeks ago at the age of 12 was the LAST of our breeding. When my mom
gave her to me, it was with the agreement that she would be bred.
Without this group educating me, Kira would have been bred. Instead she
and her mother were spayed at the same time, and our current cats are
adopted from a shelter. We are part of the solution now, instead of the
problem.

I know you care about the cats, and it gets frustrating to read
messages that involve cats who are suffering. But it won't help the
situation to yell, cuss, or attack these people. It just turns them
away. Even if the cat does die, if you keep the owner here, you have a
chance to educate them and help future cats.

Scream at your monitor and hug your own crew. But try to help these
people become better owners by educating them in a way that will
encourage them to listen and learn.

cybercat
November 7th 06, 03:19 AM
> wrote
> Rather than attacking people, why not encourage them? If you believe
> she is refusing to go to the vet, then give her some strong reasons why
> she really needs to go now. If the person mentioned financial problems,
> then give suggestions (sell stuff, etc) and remind them why this is so
> important.

Meghan, I really appreciate your view. I just disagree with you.

My reaction to someone who allows their cat to suffer until she
is wasted then comes and whines about it in a newsgroup before
it occurs to her to take the cat to the vet is the reaction this moron
got. That will likely *always* be my reaction.

I just don't see that changing.

November 7th 06, 06:13 AM
cybercat wrote:
> > wrote
> > Rather than attacking people, why not encourage them? If you believe
> > she is refusing to go to the vet, then give her some strong reasons why
> > she really needs to go now. If the person mentioned financial problems,
> > then give suggestions (sell stuff, etc) and remind them why this is so
> > important.
> >

> Meghan, I really appreciate your view. I just disagree with you.
>
> My reaction to someone who allows their cat to suffer until she
> is wasted then comes and whines about it in a newsgroup before
> it occurs to her to take the cat to the vet is the reaction this moron
> got. That will likely *always* be my reaction.
>
> I just don't see that changing.

Then call her parents and yell at them. How do you know that this girl
lives at home with her cat? How do you know that she watched her cat
waste away? Does she even have a job? I'm sorry, but the parents have
not stepped up and help. When my Maynard had an abcess, I needed to pay
$243 that day. That was a full week's paycheck then. My parents loaned
me the money.

She has already stated that the vet was closed when she came here.
Perhaps she was ignorant in believing people would help her here.

I have to admit that many of my recent questions went unanswered.
Everybody is quick to attack the newbies with ignorant questions, but
other people get ignored. I posted several questions about anemia, and
later about kidney failure. I never did get any real answers to my
questions.

If she did let her cat waste away, I see two issues. One, her parents
didn't raise her to take care of her pets. Perhaps they see them as
disposable. Or they just don't spend money on cats. They were there the
whole time and did nothing. They should have helped her with the care
or done it themselves. When Maynard wasn't feeling good, and I was
scheduled to work, my dad, the non-animal lover, took him to the vet
for me.

Or two, she was in denial. My mom had to take my sister's first cat to
be euthanized when it was obvious she was suffering. My sister was
unwilling to accept that it was the end. When her second cat became
ill, I warned her several times that he was losing weight, and was
taking the stairs very slowly. I recommended canned food multiple times
a day and some glucosamine. It took her another month to see it
herself. She did take him to the vet and started the canned food and
glucosamine. But it was too late. He continued to decline, and we had
to gently tell her it was time to let him go. Some people have a
harder time with facing illness or loss, so they let it go too long,
hoping it will disappear.

tension_on_the_wire
November 7th 06, 06:33 AM
wrote:
> She has already stated that the vet was closed when she came here.
> Perhaps she was ignorant in believing people would help her here.
>
> I have to admit that many of my recent questions went unanswered.
> Everybody is quick to attack the newbies with ignorant questions, but
> other people get ignored. I posted several questions about anemia, and
> later about kidney failure. I never did get any real answers to my
> questions.
>

> If she did let her cat waste away, I see two issues. One, her parents
> didn't raise her to take care of her pets. Perhaps they see them as
> disposable. Or they just don't spend money on cats. They were there the
> whole time and did nothing. They should have helped her with the care
> or done it themselves. When Maynard wasn't feeling good, and I was
> scheduled to work, my dad, the non-animal lover, took him to the vet
> for me.
>
> Or two, she was in denial. My mom had to take my sister's first cat to

Hi, friesian:

You make several good points. Some of them were answered very
early on in the thread, however. OP made it very clear that he/she
was not living at home, but at college, and had come home
to find the cat in this condition, and seems to have acted as quickly
as the day of the week would allow. In defense of the parents,
also, it was stated quite plainly that not only the OP, but the parents
did not have the money to even see a physician for themselves,
nevermind for the cat. So I think the severity of the financial
circumstances is pretty clear.

OP acted quite promptly upon the suggestion that there might
be a society out there that would help, and found one pretty
quickly too.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that it isn't particularly
beneficial to scare posters away from the group with
an entirely negative attitude. Especially one that is
totally judgmental and refuses to back down even in the
face of evidences that one's early assumptions were
entirely incorrect. What's the good of posting a
newsgroup with the name "health & behaviour"
and then screaming at people, new posters
especially, who dare to come here for help?
Even if they *do* need to be told to take the
cat to the vet....isn't that good advice too?

Now there's a poster who will not come here again,
who has a seriously sick cat which might survive,
and will have to live at home with the same parents,
and that poster will likely strangle before ever
coming here for help again. Good work, cybercat.
I can see you much you *really* care for that
poor suffering cat, and how much you prefer to
take out your own frustrations on people
legitimately searching for help.

--tension

cybercat
November 7th 06, 01:46 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>> > wrote
>> > Rather than attacking people, why not encourage them? If you believe
>> > she is refusing to go to the vet, then give her some strong reasons why
>> > she really needs to go now. If the person mentioned financial problems,
>> > then give suggestions (sell stuff, etc) and remind them why this is so
>> > important.
>> >

>> Meghan, I really appreciate your view. I just disagree with you.
>>
>> My reaction to someone who allows their cat to suffer until she
>> is wasted then comes and whines about it in a newsgroup before
>> it occurs to her to take the cat to the vet is the reaction this moron
>> got. That will likely *always* be my reaction.
>>
>> I just don't see that changing.
>
> Then call her parents and yell at them. How do you know that this girl
> lives at home with her cat? How do you know that she watched her cat
> waste away? Does she even have a job? I'm sorry, but the parents have
> not stepped up and help. When my Maynard had an abcess, I needed to pay
> $243 that day. That was a full week's paycheck then. My parents loaned
> me the money.

She is an adult. A young adult, but an adult. I was her age once and I did
not look for excuses not to care for those I loved when they needed me.
Her parents may have taught her by example how to be the way she is,
but that's neither here nor there. She knew damned well the cat needed
a vet, not Usenet advice.

November 7th 06, 01:50 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
>> You're entitled to your opinion. But when a decent human being is
>> "wigging out" over their beloved sick cat, the first place they go is
>> to the VET. You find a way. I found a way, and so could this idiot.
>> As long as she stuck around and flamed those who called her on
>> her idiocy, she was here for attention. Poor little whoever, worried
>> about her cat. Ugh. The cat had been sick for days and was skin
>> and bones.
>
> Not every place has a vet open on Saturday and Sunday. The first post
> appears to be on a Saturday.

There are after-hours vets in most places.

I have no respect for your efforts to try to justify this idiot's
neglect of her animal, and her self-righteous whining after it
was pointed out. Everybody needs more money that they have
at some point in time. When it comes to a creature who is
dependent on us, we should just take care of it, not work
hard for excuses why we can't. She spent more time and
effort whining about how none of it is her fault than she had
trying to get the cat the care she needed. Just like you are
expending an awful lot of effort here, when I would hope you
have better things to direct your effort to.

Life is short. Probably really short for this idiot's cat.

Lynne
November 7th 06, 01:55 PM
on Sun, 05 Nov 2006 22:14:38 GMT, "mittensowner" <[email protected]> wrote:

Please let us know how your cat fared at the vet. Just ignore the
unhelpful posters. There are a lot of people on this newsgroup who can
help you with whatever condition your kitty has, and several of us who want
to know how he is doing.

--
Lynne

"Every once in a while, the tables are turned and we get to share our lives
with an animal who takes care of their human." - Tara, rpdb

cybercat
November 7th 06, 02:11 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Sun, 05 Nov 2006 22:14:38 GMT, "mittensowner" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Please let us know how your cat fared at the vet. Just ignore the
> unhelpful posters. There are a lot of people on this newsgroup who can
> help you with whatever condition your kitty has, and several of us who
> want
> to know how he is doing.

I would be willing to bet the cat is still at home and still in the same
shape,
and that she will not be going to the vet today. But I hope you are right.

Lynne
November 7th 06, 02:22 PM
on Tue, 07 Nov 2006 14:11:52 GMT, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> I would be willing to bet the cat is still at home and still in the
> same shape,
> and that she will not be going to the vet today. But I hope you are
> right.

She said she was going yesterday, and given how upset she was, I would be
willing to bet that she did. Unfortunately now she probably won't be
coming back here for help on how to care for him.

She's a kid, and she's probably had this cat since she was a little girl.
She came home from school, probably on Saturday, to find her cat in
horrible shape. She posted here for advice, and you jumped on her case and
wouldn't back down. I just don't see any point at all to running someone
off the newsgroup who so obviously needed guidance. Shame on you.

--
Lynne

"Every once in a while, the tables are turned and we get to share our lives
with an animal who takes care of their human." - Tara, rpdb

cybercat
November 7th 06, 05:34 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Tue, 07 Nov 2006 14:11:52 GMT, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>> I would be willing to bet the cat is still at home and still in the
>> same shape,
>> and that she will not be going to the vet today. But I hope you are
>> right.
>
> She said she was going yesterday, and given how upset she was, I would be
> willing to bet that she did. Unfortunately now she probably won't be
> coming back here for help on how to care for him.
>
> She's a kid, and she's probably had this cat since she was a little girl.
> She came home from school, probably on Saturday, to find her cat in
> horrible shape. She posted here for advice, and you jumped on her case
> and
> wouldn't back down. I just don't see any point at all to running someone
> off the newsgroup who so obviously needed guidance. Shame on you.
>
> --

And yet, I do not feel ashamed. I just feel sorry for the cat.

kitkat via CatKB.com
November 7th 06, 06:41 PM
clearly your intentions are good that you're asking for help so I'll only
moralize a little - don't take on responsibilities you're not prepared to see
through for better or worse. You were the one that chose to have a cat.

ok that aside- here's an idea - I do think borrowing money might be the only
option. Ask a friend or parents if they can afford it or whomever. You may
need to get a second job but college is an easier time to do that than
working a full time job. I do realize that students don't have much money.
I had a cat that was very ill my last year and half of grad school. I was
BROKE. But I had to figure something out. I didn't get a haircut ofr 6
months, I got a roommate after living alone, and I went out a lot less with
my friends to the bar. Did it suck - yes. But watching an animal suffering
is FAR WORSE.

ok assuming you can scrounge together some cash - I also suspect renal
failure. You'll probably need to get an IV to take home for your cat. It
looks bad at first but it's not that hard to hook it up to your cat after a
couple tries. You'll also need to put your cat on a special diet - the food
is about $20-25 a month. Then you will probably have to give him/her a pill
everyday and perhaps this liquid called derm caps. your cat's thirst may also
be related to a thyroid condition. 11 years old isn't actually that early -
many cats start to deteriorate at that age.

If you don't think you'll be able to keep this regime up you have some
difficult decisions ahead of you - I suspect that the cat is only going to
get more expensive instead of less. That said, you may need to come up with
an alernate solution. It's hard to get people to take on a sick cat, but
maybe your parents would be willing to take the cat?

I don't envy you at all and further wish you the best of luck.

Darth Breather
November 8th 06, 11:07 AM
cybercat wrote:
> > wrote
> > Rather than attacking people, why not encourage them? If you believe
> > she is refusing to go to the vet, then give her some strong reasons why
> > she really needs to go now. If the person mentioned financial problems,
> > then give suggestions (sell stuff, etc) and remind them why this is so
> > important.
> >

> Meghan, I really appreciate your view. I just disagree with you.
>
> My reaction to someone who allows their cat to suffer until she
> is wasted then comes and whines about it in a newsgroup before
> it occurs to her to take the cat to the vet is the reaction this moron
> got. That will likely *always* be my reaction.
>
> I just don't see that changing.

Thats reely relly stupid. Peple who dont care wont come here. Theyll
let the cat dioe and get a new one. This is a college kid yr talking
abt. The familys obviously not rich. Mebbe they dont think tyhey can
afford a vet and the OPs gotta convince them.

If you want to flame bcoz you gotta flame go for it. But theres no
juswtiofcation.
driving off the OP dont help the cat any either. Good advice might.

Good luck to the OP.

November 8th 06, 11:48 AM
cybercat wrote:

> She is an adult. A young adult, but an adult. I was her age once and I did
> not look for excuses not to care for those I loved when they needed me.
> Her parents may have taught her by example how to be the way she is,
> but that's neither here nor there. She knew damned well the cat needed
> a vet, not Usenet advice.

If she is livingin a dorm and hasn't seen her cat for a few weeks, then
came home on a friday night (after the vet is closed), what is she
supposed to do while waiting for Monday?

Not every town has a weekend or 24 hour vet.

When I was in college, I came home from school to find that my dog had
suffered a stroke. I did not drive, and I was pretty much broke. My
parents had been out of town and would be home in a few hours. Was I a
horrible person for waiting those few hours?

Honestly, if a parent gets a pet for a child, the parents should still
be at least partially responsible for the pet for the rest of its life,
even if the child had become an adult. A college student is almost
always poor. And if she left the cat in their care, they were expected
to keep an eye on the cat and take it to the vet if needed.

Catjoy via CatKB.com
November 8th 06, 03:41 PM
Mittensowner,

I saw this thread just today, so I am coming in late. Sorry to hear that
your cat was in such bad condition upon returning from college. You
obviously know that he needs medical attention ASAP, but that the time of
writing and lack of funds presented problems. I am really glad to hear that
you found a way to get Mittens to a vet.

Now, hear this. I really hope that you will not let some of the responses
you received from this thread put you off this forum altogether. Why give
any naysayers the satisfaction that they ran you off the board?? As you can
see from this thread, there were more people who cared about your cat's
situation and wanted to offer constructive advice than those who simply
attacked. I hope that you will reconsider leaving the forum and post an
update on your cat's situation. I have found that there are some really
fantastic, knowledgable, and HELPFUL cat-lovers on this forum. You can also
explore the option of killfiling which would prevent you from having to read
posts from users who don't offer anything constructive.

November 8th 06, 04:28 PM
"Darth Breather" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>> > wrote
>> > Rather than attacking people, why not encourage them? If you believe
>> > she is refusing to go to the vet, then give her some strong reasons why
>> > she really needs to go now. If the person mentioned financial problems,
>> > then give suggestions (sell stuff, etc) and remind them why this is so
>> > important.
>> >

>> Meghan, I really appreciate your view. I just disagree with you.
>>
>> My reaction to someone who allows their cat to suffer until she
>> is wasted then comes and whines about it in a newsgroup before
>> it occurs to her to take the cat to the vet is the reaction this moron
>> got. That will likely *always* be my reaction.
>>
>> I just don't see that changing.
>
> Thats reely relly stupid. Peple who dont care wont come here.

Peple who do kaar teke there cats to the veet.

Even "kids" as you call this young woman who says she is in college.

I did when I was in college. And younger. My parents did not have money
and neither did I. I found the money. Most likely the OP did not come back
because she went back to school and let the cat die.

At any rate, it's Usenet, not nursery school. You're entitled to your
opinion,
just like anyone else. No matter how stupid and naive it may be.

-L.
November 9th 06, 09:23 AM
Nomen Nescio wrote:

> And BTW, I would be just as willing to say this "face to face" as I would over
> Usenet.
.....as you hide behind an anonymous remailer. What a joke.

-L.

cybercat
November 9th 06, 10:03 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Nomen Nescio wrote:
>>
>> And BTW, I would be just as willing to say this "face to face" as I would
>> over
>> Usenet.
> ....as you hide behind an anonymous remailer. What a joke.

What he needs is for Hillary Clinton to give him a good asskicking.

MU hahaha!