PDA

View Full Version : Now this is funny

Phil P.
November 6th 06, 04:25 AM
If I didn't see this with my own eyes- I wouldn't believe it!

http://maxshouse.com/now_this_is_funny.htm

cybercat
November 6th 06, 02:27 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> If I didn't see this with my own eyes- I wouldn't believe it!
>
> http://maxshouse.com/now_this_is_funny.htm

Cute! Are they going to get neutered/spayed?

Annie Wxill
November 6th 06, 06:28 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> If I didn't see this with my own eyes- I wouldn't believe it!
> http://maxshouse.com/now_this_is_funny.htm

Hi Phil,

I think it's sweet to see that relationship between the cats. I'm wondering
how they go in and out of the cage.

Annie

Phil P.
November 6th 06, 07:49 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > If I didn't see this with my own eyes- I wouldn't believe it!
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/now_this_is_funny.htm
> >

> Cute! Are they going to get neutered/spayed?

They're already done. We're trying to trap a female who won't near a
livetrap.

Phil P.
November 6th 06, 07:57 PM
"Annie Wxill" > wrote in message

> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > If I didn't see this with my own eyes- I wouldn't believe it!
> > http://maxshouse.com/now_this_is_funny.htm
>

> Hi Phil,
>
> I think it's sweet to see that relationship between the cats. I'm
wondering
> how they go in and out of the cage.

Feliway. They don't perceive the cage as a trap.

We're using the cage because trying to trap a very trap-wise female who
won't go near a livetrap. A droptrap would be perfect for this situation but
I lent mine out and never got it back-- looks like I'll have to make another
one.

How was your trip?

Phil

Annie Wxill
November 7th 06, 03:26 AM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
....> How was your trip?
> Phil

Umm, I'm not sure which trip you mean. We made it by boat from the Texas
central Gulf coast almost to North Carolina. As I've posted before, Rosie
and Cinder did great on the boat.
In August, our daughter had a baby on the other side of the continent. So,
we left the boat for the winter and rented a car and drove with the cats
back to Texas to take care of some business, then to the Northwest, where we
have rented a small, pet friendly apartment, close to our grandchild for the
winter.
We will resume our boat trip in the spring.

This year Rosie & Cinder traveled 2400 miles by boat and about 4000 miles by
car. I suppose that is some kind of record.

They like the boat better than the car. I suspect that it was because they
were confined to the cabin, but otherwise free when we were under way on the
boat. However, we kept them each in a hard-sided crate, big enough for a
cocker spaniel, while in the car.

Annie

Wendy
November 12th 06, 10:14 PM
Phil,

What did you use to make your drop trap? I have directions that I found
online but was wondering what materials you found worked best. I figured one
of them will be more effective with a bunch of cats and kittens we're trying
to trap that live behind a restaurant. We've gotten some of them in the
havahart traps but a lot of them aren't going in the trap. Too much to eat
back there I guess.

"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Annie Wxill" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Phil P." > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> > If I didn't see this with my own eyes- I wouldn't believe it!
>> > http://maxshouse.com/now_this_is_funny.htm
>>

>> Hi Phil,
>>
>> I think it's sweet to see that relationship between the cats. I'm
> wondering
>> how they go in and out of the cage.
>

> Feliway. They don't perceive the cage as a trap.
>
> We're using the cage because trying to trap a very trap-wise female who
> won't go near a livetrap. A droptrap would be perfect for this situation
> but
> I lent mine out and never got it back-- looks like I'll have to make
> another
> one.
>
> How was your trip?
>
> Phil

Phil P.
November 13th 06, 12:18 AM
"Wendy" > wrote in message
. ..
> Phil,
>
> What did you use to make your drop trap? I have directions that I found
> online but was wondering what materials you found worked best.

1/2" x 2" molding to make the frame, 2" x 2" pressure treated wood for the
corner posts, 1/2 x 1/2" garden fencing for the netting, lattice caps for
the transfer door tracks, and pressed board for the transfer door. Material
costs about $50 and takes about 1 1/2 hours to make- or less if you have
help.

I used molding for the frame because its light weight- heavy wood could hurt
a cat if the trap comes down her. Plastic garden fencing isn't the greatest
but it works- you can use two layers on the sides if necessary. Don't use
chicken fencing- the thin wire can seriously cut a frantic cat trying to
escape. The square openings in garden fencing are large enough to use 3/4"
dowels or broomsticks to guide the cat through the transfer door and into
the transfer cage.

Here're some pictures of the one I just made:

http://maxshouse.com/drop_trap.htm

I'm going to make a lightweight folding trap out of PCV as soon as I get
strong cloth netting- I'm going to try fishing net if the holes are small
enough.

Phil