PDA

View Full Version : Crazy cat

Paul
November 6th 06, 11:44 AM
Hello everyone.
My sister has a 16 week old female kitten who is attacking the children.
I've told her to have her spayed, but will that make a big difference?
Are there any other tips to help the kitty calm down?

paul

StephanieM
November 6th 06, 02:57 PM
A good firm know and ignoring the cat when she does things like this
may be helpful. You really need to get the point across the children
are higher on the food chain than she is.

Paul wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> My sister has a 16 week old female kitten who is attacking the children.
> I've told her to have her spayed, but will that make a big difference?
> Are there any other tips to help the kitty calm down?
>
> paul

Roby
November 6th 06, 03:40 PM
Paul wrote:

> Hello everyone.
> My sister has a 16 week old female kitten who is attacking the children.
> I've told her to have her spayed, but will that make a big difference?
> Are there any other tips to help the kitty calm down?
>
> paul

I don't think having your sister spayed now will help. Had this been
done a while ago, there would be no children to attack and no problem.
Too late now.

So, now what? Having the kitten spayed is a good idea regardless:
shelters are already overflowing with homeless cats.

Kittens are playful. They grow up much too fast and the playful days
dwindle. Enjoy them while they last. Cats are very smart but their
grasp of human language is limited (or so they let on). They really
don't want to do things that might get them orphaned at any age. They
respond to kindness and patience.

Two kittens are five times the fun of just one. And they have each
other to attack, which saves wear-and-tear on the human kids.

Roby

Rene S.
November 6th 06, 04:02 PM
Paul wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> My sister has a 16 week old female kitten who is attacking the children.
> I've told her to have her spayed, but will that make a big difference?
> Are there any other tips to help the kitty calm down?
>
> paul

Yes, she needs to be spayed, but that won't stop the kitten's need to
play. Are the kids playing with their hands with the kitten? They
should be using interactive toys, so the kitten learns that biting the
toys is ok, but hands are not. It's ok to say "no" or a loud "ow" when
things get too rough.

Lynne
November 6th 06, 04:41 PM
on Mon, 06 Nov 2006 14:40:11 GMT, Roby > wrote:

> I don't think having your sister spayed now will help. Had this been
> done a while ago, there would be no children to attack and no problem.
> Too late now.

I just lost a perfectly good mouthfull of coffee because of your post. HA
HA HA! Thank you.

*wiping off laptop keyboard now*

--
Lynne