PDA

View Full Version : Tartar control?


John Doe
November 7th 06, 02:24 PM
My large male, Kitty, spent lots of time in the not so great
outdoors where I guess he learned to swallow quickly as possible.

He doesn't chew tartar control treats. That makes them kind of
pointless, doesn't it.

My small cat, Kiki, does fine with Meow Mix Drumsticks.

Are there any larger than normal crunchy treats?

Thank you.

cybercat
November 7th 06, 02:43 PM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
...
>
>
> Are there any larger than normal crunchy treats?
>

Have you tried Friskie's Dental Diet? I believe Phil said that is
one food that is too large for them to swallow whole, so it works
to clean teeth. You could give it as a treat.



--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

November 7th 06, 08:04 PM
"cybercat" > wrote:

>Have you tried Friskie's Dental Diet? I believe Phil said that is
>one food that is too large for them to swallow whole, so it works
>to clean teeth. You could give it as a treat.

Is this available over the counter at pet stores?

-mhd

cybercat
November 7th 06, 08:30 PM
> wrote in message
...
> "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>>Have you tried Friskie's Dental Diet? I believe Phil said that is
>>one food that is too large for them to swallow whole, so it works
>>to clean teeth. You could give it as a treat.
>
> Is this available over the counter at pet stores?
>


It is in grocery stores! Look:

http://tinyurl.com/ykeggd

The goofy looking cat on the bag is a bonus!

(They are big and round, kind of light. My old cat loved them and she lived
to be 20 AND had all of her teeth when she died! But then ... I think she
was born bulletproof. That cat did not have one sick day in her life until
she gave up eating. They never did figure out what was wrong with her, if
anything. I think she was just ready to go.)

November 7th 06, 10:48 PM
"cybercat" > wrote:

>
> wrote in message
...
>> "cybercat" > wrote:
>>
>>>Have you tried Friskie's Dental Diet? I believe Phil said that is
>>>one food that is too large for them to swallow whole, so it works
>>>to clean teeth. You could give it as a treat.
>>
>> Is this available over the counter at pet stores?
>>
>
>
>It is in grocery stores! Look:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/ykeggd
>
>The goofy looking cat on the bag is a bonus!
>
>(They are big and round, kind of light. My old cat loved them and she lived
>to be 20 AND had all of her teeth when she died! But then ... I think she
>was born bulletproof. That cat did not have one sick day in her life until
>she gave up eating. They never did figure out what was wrong with her, if
>anything. I think she was just ready to go.)
>

I'll have to check its phosphorous and protein numbers. Trouble is the
cat (Zak) that could use it is on a renal diet ever since he had a
brush with elevated kidney levels. He's back to a high normal range
now but the vet thought it was a good time to switch diets. Hopefully
it might be a healthy snack.

Thanks.
-mhd