PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Emily - my favorite cat and mouser

November 7th 06, 06:02 PM
Well - the saga of Emily came to an end at 7:30AM this morning.

Over the past few weeks what looked like a URI turned out to be
something much more. A malignant growth.

I was awakened at 7:00AM by my SO who thought she was dead already. I
went over, her heart rate was 50BPM, much lower than normal. I hopped in
the shower and in the fifteen minutes it took me, Emily was dead.

When we brought her to the vets office I was livid. The damned vet knew
this was going on, she knew it, her staff knew it, etc. Of course I
should have known. This is the vet who Keyron (my SO) didn't like so
many years ago. I should have listened.

This practice is feline only but I know the real story now. Everything
is about money in this practice, everything. When the vet tech stated
tht "Well, we have to cover our costs.." I knew the gig was up right
then and there.

Of course this vet practice wanted an absurd amount of money for
personal cremation. We took Emily to the Providence Animal Rescue League
who does the same thing and it's not even a fifth the cost.

Again, you don't know how mad I was.

cybercat
November 7th 06, 06:41 PM
"T" > wrote in message
. ..
> Well - the saga of Emily came to an end at 7:30AM this morning.
>
> Over the past few weeks what looked like a URI turned out to be
> something much more. A malignant growth.
>
> I was awakened at 7:00AM by my SO who thought she was dead already. I
> went over, her heart rate was 50BPM, much lower than normal. I hopped in
> the shower and in the fifteen minutes it took me, Emily was dead.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can tell you really loved her.

Matthew
November 7th 06, 06:46 PM
My sorrows and tears for you
"T" > wrote in message
. ..
> Well - the saga of Emily came to an end at 7:30AM this morning.
>
> Over the past few weeks what looked like a URI turned out to be
> something much more. A malignant growth.
>
> I was awakened at 7:00AM by my SO who thought she was dead already. I
> went over, her heart rate was 50BPM, much lower than normal. I hopped in
> the shower and in the fifteen minutes it took me, Emily was dead.
>
> When we brought her to the vets office I was livid. The damned vet knew
> this was going on, she knew it, her staff knew it, etc. Of course I
> should have known. This is the vet who Keyron (my SO) didn't like so
> many years ago. I should have listened.
>
> This practice is feline only but I know the real story now. Everything
> is about money in this practice, everything. When the vet tech stated
> tht "Well, we have to cover our costs.." I knew the gig was up right
> then and there.
>
> Of course this vet practice wanted an absurd amount of money for
> personal cremation. We took Emily to the Providence Animal Rescue League
> who does the same thing and it's not even a fifth the cost.
>
> Again, you don't know how mad I was.

Randy
November 7th 06, 07:34 PM
T > wrote:
>Well - the saga of Emily came to an end at 7:30AM this morning.
>
>Over the past few weeks what looked like a URI turned out to be
>something much more. A malignant growth.
>
>I was awakened at 7:00AM by my SO who thought she was dead already. I
>went over, her heart rate was 50BPM, much lower than normal. I hopped in
>the shower and in the fifteen minutes it took me, Emily was dead.
>
>When we brought her to the vets office I was livid. The damned vet knew
>this was going on, she knew it, her staff knew it, etc. Of course I
>should have known. This is the vet who Keyron (my SO) didn't like so
>many years ago. I should have listened.
>
>This practice is feline only but I know the real story now. Everything
>is about money in this practice, everything. When the vet tech stated
>tht "Well, we have to cover our costs.." I knew the gig was up right
>then and there.
>
>Of course this vet practice wanted an absurd amount of money for
>personal cremation. We took Emily to the Providence Animal Rescue League
>who does the same thing and it's not even a fifth the cost.
>
>Again, you don't know how mad I was.

My deepest condolences on the loss of you beloved Emily. Purrs for a smooth
crossing over the RB.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

November 7th 06, 08:07 PM
In article >, says...

> "T" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Well - the saga of Emily came to an end at 7:30AM this morning.
> >
> > Over the past few weeks what looked like a URI turned out to be
> > something much more. A malignant growth.
> >
> > I was awakened at 7:00AM by my SO who thought she was dead already. I
> > went over, her heart rate was 50BPM, much lower than normal. I hopped in
> > the shower and in the fifteen minutes it took me, Emily was dead.
> >

> I'm so sorry for your loss. I can tell you really loved her.

Thanks - we did love that little cat named Emily. High strung and all
she was a bold girl. The Queen of the home in essence.

Now Randy is the only cat. It's going to be a little weird, particularly
for Keyron because Emily was HIS first cat.

Randy is my first cat.

November 7th 06, 08:09 PM
In article >,
says...
> My sorrows and tears for you

Thank you. I'm glad her suffering is over.

The anger is subsiding, I just realized that their callous treatment of
myself, Keyron and Emily will cost them approximately $3,000 to $4,000
per year. Why? When I consider the number of people I've referred to
this place, and how my story is now known far and wide, how many of them
won't go back there.

November 7th 06, 08:09 PM
In article >, says...
> T > wrote:
> >Well - the saga of Emily came to an end at 7:30AM this morning.
> >
> >Over the past few weeks what looked like a URI turned out to be
> >something much more. A malignant growth.
> >
> >I was awakened at 7:00AM by my SO who thought she was dead already. I
> >went over, her heart rate was 50BPM, much lower than normal. I hopped in
> >the shower and in the fifteen minutes it took me, Emily was dead.
> >
> >When we brought her to the vets office I was livid. The damned vet knew
> >this was going on, she knew it, her staff knew it, etc. Of course I
> >should have known. This is the vet who Keyron (my SO) didn't like so
> >many years ago. I should have listened.
> >
> >This practice is feline only but I know the real story now. Everything
> >is about money in this practice, everything. When the vet tech stated
> >tht "Well, we have to cover our costs.." I knew the gig was up right
> >then and there.
> >
> >Of course this vet practice wanted an absurd amount of money for
> >personal cremation. We took Emily to the Providence Animal Rescue League
> >who does the same thing and it's not even a fifth the cost.
> >
> >Again, you don't know how mad I was.
>
> My deepest condolences on the loss of you beloved Emily. Purrs for a smooth
> crossing over the RB.
>
> Randy
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1
>
> http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Thanks Randy. I think she'll have a very smooth voyage.

blkcatgal
November 7th 06, 08:39 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. And it's too bad you had such a bad experience
with your vet.

Sue

"T" > wrote in message
. ..
> Well - the saga of Emily came to an end at 7:30AM this morning.
>
> Over the past few weeks what looked like a URI turned out to be
> something much more. A malignant growth.
>
> I was awakened at 7:00AM by my SO who thought she was dead already. I
> went over, her heart rate was 50BPM, much lower than normal. I hopped in
> the shower and in the fifteen minutes it took me, Emily was dead.
>
> When we brought her to the vets office I was livid. The damned vet knew
> this was going on, she knew it, her staff knew it, etc. Of course I
> should have known. This is the vet who Keyron (my SO) didn't like so
> many years ago. I should have listened.
>
> This practice is feline only but I know the real story now. Everything
> is about money in this practice, everything. When the vet tech stated
> tht "Well, we have to cover our costs.." I knew the gig was up right
> then and there.
>
> Of course this vet practice wanted an absurd amount of money for
> personal cremation. We took Emily to the Providence Animal Rescue League
> who does the same thing and it's not even a fifth the cost.
>
> Again, you don't know how mad I was.

meeee
November 7th 06, 10:34 PM
Oh I am so sorry. I know how much Emily meant to you. I am disgusted at how
this vet has treated you. Don't blame yourself, you did the best you could
do for her. You were a wonderful cat slave. I know you are hurting so much
right now and my heart goes out to you.
"T" > wrote in message
. ..
> Well - the saga of Emily came to an end at 7:30AM this morning.
>
> Over the past few weeks what looked like a URI turned out to be
> something much more. A malignant growth.
>
> I was awakened at 7:00AM by my SO who thought she was dead already. I
> went over, her heart rate was 50BPM, much lower than normal. I hopped in
> the shower and in the fifteen minutes it took me, Emily was dead.
>
> When we brought her to the vets office I was livid. The damned vet knew
> this was going on, she knew it, her staff knew it, etc. Of course I
> should have known. This is the vet who Keyron (my SO) didn't like so
> many years ago. I should have listened.
>
> This practice is feline only but I know the real story now. Everything
> is about money in this practice, everything. When the vet tech stated
> tht "Well, we have to cover our costs.." I knew the gig was up right
> then and there.
>
> Of course this vet practice wanted an absurd amount of money for
> personal cremation. We took Emily to the Providence Animal Rescue League
> who does the same thing and it's not even a fifth the cost.
>
> Again, you don't know how mad I was.

November 7th 06, 11:45 PM
In article >,
says...
> I am so sorry for your loss. And it's too bad you had such a bad experience
> with your vet.
>
> Sue

Thanks Sue. This vet practice is going to regret what they've done, I
can tell you that.

Lesley
November 8th 06, 12:36 AM
T wrote:

> Of course this vet practice wanted an absurd amount of money for
> personal cremation. We took Emily to the Providence Animal Rescue League
> who does the same thing and it's not even a fifth the cost.

Good on you! When our beloved Isis passed away we took her "shell" to
our local PDSA for disposal- she didn't need it any more and we took
the money we would have spent on a cremation and gave it to them so
other cats (Or dogs or whatver) could get help

I suppose some might find it odd that we didn't want a private
ceremony/cremation etc but we didn't- she had a good life ( 16 years+
old and never a single lllness she went to the vet for annual check
ups and passed them all the only time she had a sugical procedure was
getting spayed) and died peacefully in her sleep

We decided to give money so someone could get a loved pet treated after
all Isis had left her shell behind and was at the Bridge playing with
her sister Fugazi who had gone before

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

mlbriggs
November 8th 06, 01:13 AM
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 13:02:54 -0500, T wrote:

> Well - the saga of Emily came to an end at 7:30AM this morning.
>
> Over the past few weeks what looked like a URI turned out to be
> something much more. A malignant growth.
>
> I was awakened at 7:00AM by my SO who thought she was dead already. I
> went over, her heart rate was 50BPM, much lower than normal. I hopped in
> the shower and in the fifteen minutes it took me, Emily was dead.
>
> When we brought her to the vets office I was livid. The damned vet knew
> this was going on, she knew it, her staff knew it, etc. Of course I
> should have known. This is the vet who Keyron (my SO) didn't like so
> many years ago. I should have listened.
>
> This practice is feline only but I know the real story now. Everything
> is about money in this practice, everything. When the vet tech stated
> tht "Well, we have to cover our costs.." I knew the gig was up right
> then and there.
>
> Of course this vet practice wanted an absurd amount of money for
> personal cremation. We took Emily to the Providence Animal Rescue League
> who does the same thing and it's not even a fifth the cost.
>
> Again, you don't know how mad I was.

"...Rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go...".
Sincere condolences in the loss of Emily. MLB

Edna Pearl
November 8th 06, 03:07 AM
Please accept my condolences. It's hard, I know. Emily was a lucky cat to
have you in her life.

ep

"T" > wrote in message
. ..
> Well - the saga of Emily came to an end at 7:30AM this morning.
>
> Over the past few weeks what looked like a URI turned out to be
> something much more. A malignant growth.
>
> I was awakened at 7:00AM by my SO who thought she was dead already. I
> went over, her heart rate was 50BPM, much lower than normal. I hopped in
> the shower and in the fifteen minutes it took me, Emily was dead.
>
> When we brought her to the vets office I was livid. The damned vet knew
> this was going on, she knew it, her staff knew it, etc. Of course I
> should have known. This is the vet who Keyron (my SO) didn't like so
> many years ago. I should have listened.
>
> This practice is feline only but I know the real story now. Everything
> is about money in this practice, everything. When the vet tech stated
> tht "Well, we have to cover our costs.." I knew the gig was up right
> then and there.
>
> Of course this vet practice wanted an absurd amount of money for
> personal cremation. We took Emily to the Providence Animal Rescue League
> who does the same thing and it's not even a fifth the cost.
>
> Again, you don't know how mad I was.

Rene S.
November 8th 06, 03:03 PM
meeee wrote:
> Oh I am so sorry. I know how much Emily meant to you. I am disgusted at how
> this vet has treated you. Don't blame yourself, you did the best you could
> do for her. You were a wonderful cat slave. I know you are hurting so much
> right now and my heart goes out to you.

I echo this. You did the best you could at the time, and that's more
than many people would do. Emily is free from pain now and you will
meet again someday. . .