PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Behaviour - Help!

Glorifiedbrat
November 10th 06, 09:16 PM
I have 2 cats. Both are fixed. One is 12 years old and one is 6. Both
are indoor cats only. They have always gotten along and been very good
friends. A few months ago the older cat, Willie, was up on the window
ledge when a stray jumped onto the ledge outside. This stray was in
heat and she sprayed Willie through the open window and screen.
Needless to say the other cat, Cujo, went insane. She hissed and
growled and screeched. She even attacked him once. But a few days later
when the scent faded she returned to normal. But ever since then, every
once in awhile she will look at Willie and screech and hiss and growl.
She looks like she doesn't have a clue who he is and she looks like she
wants to kill him. Some days it only lasts 5 minutes but other days it
lasts for hours. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Does
anyone have any advice or ideas as to what I can do? Any help is sooo
appreciated. Thanks.

Nikki

mlbriggs
November 11th 06, 04:34 AM
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:16:45 -0800, Glorifiedbrat wrote:

> I have 2 cats. Both are fixed. One is 12 years old and one is 6. Both
> are indoor cats only. They have always gotten along and been very good
> friends. A few months ago the older cat, Willie, was up on the window
> ledge when a stray jumped onto the ledge outside. This stray was in
> heat and she sprayed Willie through the open window and screen.
> Needless to say the other cat, Cujo, went insane. She hissed and
> growled and screeched. She even attacked him once. But a few days later
> when the scent faded she returned to normal. But ever since then, every
> once in awhile she will look at Willie and screech and hiss and growl.
> She looks like she doesn't have a clue who he is and she looks like she
> wants to kill him. Some days it only lasts 5 minutes but other days it
> lasts for hours. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Does
> anyone have any advice or ideas as to what I can do? Any help is sooo
> appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Nikki

Have you tried to give Willie a bath? MLB

Rhonda
November 14th 06, 07:21 AM
Nikki,

Have things settle down yet? That seems like such a long time for her to
remember.

Do you think the scent might still be in the house? Maybe lingering on
the screen? Does she get upset at him in the same room?

We haven't experienced anything like that before, but I hope Cujo calms
down. Maybe change her name to Angel and hope she lives up to it?

Rhonda