PDA

View Full Version : Vetenarian 'killer'

eleaticus
November 11th 06, 10:48 PM
Sorry for the crossposts. I just now checked out the cat groups but didn't
really see which one would be best, nor how much overlap there is.

My 15-year old, Sadie Bugbane, was abused on her first trip to the vet, and
since then it is almost worth the vet's life to take her in the doc.

She is small and the squeeze net is ineffective and a vet and helpers are
sure to get slashed if they really try to do their job.

Obviously, if she had a major problem her life would be in danger, her
frantic, ferocious efforts to defend herself could only aggravate the
injury/illness.

BTW, she is absolutely gentle at all other times, except with other cats.

So, the problem and question I pose, is there some way to alleviate the
problem, to sedate her,as it were, before trying to get her to the vet?

Or ... ?

A complication is that she is a wrggler under the best circumstances, it
being perhaps just ten percent of the time that she doesn't object - with
gentle wriggles - to being picked up.

Please help me out here, and realize that I haven't even slightly
exaggerated the problem.

--
eleaticus
ee-lee-AT-i-cus

eleaticus
November 11th 06, 11:28 PM
Why in Crawford do my fingers never want to type 'veterinarian'?

--
eleaticus
ee-lee-AT-i-cus

"eleaticus" > wrote in message
. ..
> Sorry for the crossposts. I just now checked out the cat groups but didn't
> really see which one would be best, nor how much overlap there is.
>
> My 15-year old, Sadie Bugbane, was abused on her first trip to the vet,
and
> since then it is almost worth the vet's life to take her in the doc.
>
> She is small and the squeeze net is ineffective and a vet and helpers are
> sure to get slashed if they really try to do their job.
>
> Obviously, if she had a major problem her life would be in danger, her
> frantic, ferocious efforts to defend herself could only aggravate the
> injury/illness.
>
> BTW, she is absolutely gentle at all other times, except with other cats.
>
> So, the problem and question I pose, is there some way to alleviate the
> problem, to sedate her,as it were, before trying to get her to the vet?
>
> Or ... ?
>
> A complication is that she is a wrggler under the best circumstances, it
> being perhaps just ten percent of the time that she doesn't object - with
> gentle wriggles - to being picked up.
>
> Please help me out here, and realize that I haven't even slightly
> exaggerated the problem.
>

> --
> eleaticus
> ee-lee-AT-i-cus

Julie Porter
November 12th 06, 12:30 AM
We have had a lot of luck with the squeeze cage for Bear -- he also
can't be touched at the vet's office, and it's really helpful when he's
had a serious illness.

Julie

"eleaticus" > wrote in message
. ..
> Sorry for the crossposts. I just now checked out the cat groups but
didn't
> really see which one would be best, nor how much overlap there is.
>
> My 15-year old, Sadie Bugbane, was abused on her first trip to the
vet, and
> since then it is almost worth the vet's life to take her in the doc.
>
> She is small and the squeeze net is ineffective and a vet and helpers
are
> sure to get slashed if they really try to do their job.
>
> Obviously, if she had a major problem her life would be in danger, her
> frantic, ferocious efforts to defend herself could only aggravate the
> injury/illness.
>
> BTW, she is absolutely gentle at all other times, except with other
cats.

> So, the problem and question I pose, is there some way to alleviate
the
> problem, to sedate her,as it were, before trying to get her to the
vet?

> Or ... ?
>
> A complication is that she is a wrggler under the best circumstances,
it
> being perhaps just ten percent of the time that she doesn't object -
with
> gentle wriggles - to being picked up.
>
> Please help me out here, and realize that I haven't even slightly
> exaggerated the problem.
>

> --
> eleaticus
> ee-lee-AT-i-cus

eleaticus
November 12th 06, 12:48 AM
"Julie Porter" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> We have had a lot of luck with the squeeze cage for Bear -- he also
> can't be touched at the vet's office, and it's really helpful when he's
> had a serious illness.

thanks, julie.

Is the 'cage' really a framed net?

--
eleaticus
ee-lee-AT-i-cus

> Julie
>
> "eleaticus" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Sorry for the crossposts. I just now checked out the cat groups but
> didn't
> > really see which one would be best, nor how much overlap there is.
> >
> > My 15-year old, Sadie Bugbane, was abused on her first trip to the
> vet, and
> > since then it is almost worth the vet's life to take her in the doc.
> >
> > She is small and the squeeze net is ineffective and a vet and helpers
> are
> > sure to get slashed if they really try to do their job.
> >
> > Obviously, if she had a major problem her life would be in danger, her
> > frantic, ferocious efforts to defend herself could only aggravate the
> > injury/illness.
> >
> > BTW, she is absolutely gentle at all other times, except with other
> cats.
> >
> > So, the problem and question I pose, is there some way to alleviate
> the
> > problem, to sedate her,as it were, before trying to get her to the
> vet?
> >
> > Or ... ?
> >
> > A complication is that she is a wrggler under the best circumstances,
> it
> > being perhaps just ten percent of the time that she doesn't object -
> with
> > gentle wriggles - to being picked up.
> >
> > Please help me out here, and realize that I haven't even slightly
> > exaggerated the problem.
> >

> > --
> > eleaticus
> > ee-lee-AT-i-cus

Stormmee
November 12th 06, 01:29 AM
what please is a squeeze cage? soft
Julie Porter > wrote in message
ink.net...
> We have had a lot of luck with the squeeze cage for Bear -- he also
> can't be touched at the vet's office, and it's really helpful when he's
> had a serious illness.
>
> Julie
>
> "eleaticus" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Sorry for the crossposts. I just now checked out the cat groups but
> didn't
> > really see which one would be best, nor how much overlap there is.
> >
> > My 15-year old, Sadie Bugbane, was abused on her first trip to the
> vet, and
> > since then it is almost worth the vet's life to take her in the doc.
> >
> > She is small and the squeeze net is ineffective and a vet and helpers
> are
> > sure to get slashed if they really try to do their job.
> >
> > Obviously, if she had a major problem her life would be in danger, her
> > frantic, ferocious efforts to defend herself could only aggravate the
> > injury/illness.
> >
> > BTW, she is absolutely gentle at all other times, except with other
> cats.
> >
> > So, the problem and question I pose, is there some way to alleviate
> the
> > problem, to sedate her,as it were, before trying to get her to the
> vet?
> >
> > Or ... ?
> >
> > A complication is that she is a wrggler under the best circumstances,
> it
> > being perhaps just ten percent of the time that she doesn't object -
> with
> > gentle wriggles - to being picked up.
> >
> > Please help me out here, and realize that I haven't even slightly
> > exaggerated the problem.
> >

> > --
> > eleaticus
> > ee-lee-AT-i-cus

Julie Porter
November 12th 06, 05:50 AM
No, we've used that (the squeeze net) but the squeeze cage is like a
regular small-animal cage or bird cage, and is just a tad larger than
the cat - if you slide it up to the cat carrier and open the doors of
both of them, you can get the cat into the squeeze cage. Then, after
he's inside, one side of the squeeze cage can be slided in, so that the
cat is in a cage that fits him completely and he can't lie down, or move
his head or legs to bite or scratch, and it has little doors on the
sides, like a bird cage would, so the vet can put his hand in to feel
the cat, or can give him shots, etc. My vet got one at a vet trade
show - he saw it and thought it would be perfect for very aggressive
kitties.

Julie

> thanks, julie.
>
> Is the 'cage' really a framed net?
>
> --
> eleaticus
> ee-lee-AT-i-cus

"eleaticus" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Julie Porter" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > We have had a lot of luck with the squeeze cage for Bear -- he also
> > can't be touched at the vet's office, and it's really helpful when
he's
> > had a serious illness.
>

> > Julie
> >
> > "eleaticus" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> > > Sorry for the crossposts. I just now checked out the cat groups
but
> > didn't
> > > really see which one would be best, nor how much overlap there is.
> > >
> > > My 15-year old, Sadie Bugbane, was abused on her first trip to the
> > vet, and
> > > since then it is almost worth the vet's life to take her in the
doc.

> > > She is small and the squeeze net is ineffective and a vet and
helpers
> > are
> > > sure to get slashed if they really try to do their job.
> > >
> > > Obviously, if she had a major problem her life would be in danger,
her
> > > frantic, ferocious efforts to defend herself could only aggravate
the
> > > injury/illness.
> > >
> > > BTW, she is absolutely gentle at all other times, except with
other
> > cats.
> > >
> > > So, the problem and question I pose, is there some way to
alleviate
> > the
> > > problem, to sedate her,as it were, before trying to get her to the
> > vet?
> > >
> > > Or ... ?
> > >
> > > A complication is that she is a wrggler under the best
circumstances,
> > it
> > > being perhaps just ten percent of the time that she doesn't
object -
> > with
> > > gentle wriggles - to being picked up.
> > >
> > > Please help me out here, and realize that I haven't even slightly
> > > exaggerated the problem.
> > >

> > > --
> > > eleaticus
> > > ee-lee-AT-i-cus

Julie Porter
November 12th 06, 05:51 AM
Itz an instrOOment of torChure!!!

Bear

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> what please is a squeeze cage? soft
> Julie Porter > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > We have had a lot of luck with the squeeze cage for Bear -- he also
> > can't be touched at the vet's office, and it's really helpful when
he's
> > had a serious illness.
> >
> > Julie
> >
> > "eleaticus" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> > > Sorry for the crossposts. I just now checked out the cat groups
but
> > didn't
> > > really see which one would be best, nor how much overlap there is.
> > >
> > > My 15-year old, Sadie Bugbane, was abused on her first trip to the
> > vet, and
> > > since then it is almost worth the vet's life to take her in the
doc.

> > > She is small and the squeeze net is ineffective and a vet and
helpers
> > are
> > > sure to get slashed if they really try to do their job.
> > >
> > > Obviously, if she had a major problem her life would be in danger,
her
> > > frantic, ferocious efforts to defend herself could only aggravate
the
> > > injury/illness.
> > >
> > > BTW, she is absolutely gentle at all other times, except with
other
> > cats.
> > >
> > > So, the problem and question I pose, is there some way to
alleviate
> > the
> > > problem, to sedate her,as it were, before trying to get her to the
> > vet?
> > >
> > > Or ... ?
> > >
> > > A complication is that she is a wrggler under the best
circumstances,
> > it
> > > being perhaps just ten percent of the time that she doesn't
object -
> > with
> > > gentle wriggles - to being picked up.
> > >
> > > Please help me out here, and realize that I haven't even slightly
> > > exaggerated the problem.
> > >

> > > --
> > > eleaticus
> > > ee-lee-AT-i-cus

eleaticus
November 12th 06, 06:49 AM
"Julie Porter" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> No, we've used that (the squeeze net) but the squeeze cage is like a
> regular small-animal cage or bird cage, and is just a tad larger than
> the cat - if you slide it up to the cat carrier and open the doors of
> both of them, you can get the cat into the squeeze cage. Then, after
> he's inside, one side of the squeeze cage can be slided in, so that the
> cat is in a cage that fits him completely and he can't lie down, or move
> his head or legs to bite or scratch, and it has little doors on the
> sides, like a bird cage would, so the vet can put his hand in to feel
> the cat, or can give him shots, etc. My vet got one at a vet trade
> show - he saw it and thought it would be perfect for very aggressive
> kitties.

So, what we really have here (at my vet) is a poorly equipped clinic.

no squeeze cage (would have to see to believe its hard edges wouldn't harm
Sadie)

no sedative spray.

--
eleaticus
ee-lee-AT-i-cus

> Julie
>
> > thanks, julie.
> >
> > Is the 'cage' really a framed net?
> >
> > --
> > eleaticus
> > ee-lee-AT-i-cus
> >
> "eleaticus" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > "Julie Porter" > wrote in message
> > ink.net...
> > > We have had a lot of luck with the squeeze cage for Bear -- he also
> > > can't be touched at the vet's office, and it's really helpful when
> he's
> > > had a serious illness.
> >

> > > Julie
> > >
> > > "eleaticus" > wrote in message
> > > . ..
> but
> > > didn't

> > > vet, and
> doc.

> helpers
> > > are

> her
> the

> other
> > > cats.

> alleviate
> > > the
> > > vet?

> circumstances,
> > > it
> object -
> > > with

Stormmee
November 12th 06, 09:09 AM
small black tuxido puffs reading the screen,... diz meanz you kuld kut mine
nailz wifout a fite??? Trudi, hopin it koztz tootoo muc
Julie Porter > wrote in message
nk.net...
> No, we've used that (the squeeze net) but the squeeze cage is like a
> regular small-animal cage or bird cage, and is just a tad larger than
> the cat - if you slide it up to the cat carrier and open the doors of
> both of them, you can get the cat into the squeeze cage. Then, after
> he's inside, one side of the squeeze cage can be slided in, so that the
> cat is in a cage that fits him completely and he can't lie down, or move
> his head or legs to bite or scratch, and it has little doors on the
> sides, like a bird cage would, so the vet can put his hand in to feel
> the cat, or can give him shots, etc. My vet got one at a vet trade
> show - he saw it and thought it would be perfect for very aggressive
> kitties.
>
> Julie
>
> > thanks, julie.
> >
> > Is the 'cage' really a framed net?
> >
> > --
> > eleaticus
> > ee-lee-AT-i-cus
> >
> "eleaticus" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > "Julie Porter" > wrote in message
> > ink.net...
> > > We have had a lot of luck with the squeeze cage for Bear -- he also
> > > can't be touched at the vet's office, and it's really helpful when
> he's
> > > had a serious illness.
> >

> > > Julie
> > >
> > > "eleaticus" > wrote in message
> > > . ..
> but
> > > didn't

> > > vet, and
> doc.

> helpers
> > > are

> her
> the

> other
> > > cats.

> alleviate
> > > the
> > > vet?

> circumstances,
> > > it
> object -
> > > with

Stormmee
November 12th 06, 09:11 AM
we haf been katsiderin diz here idermint an we thinkz dey shuuld not be
allowed, wonner if da purrsident ana sheriff rosco culld luk into diz
situatin, Tiger
Julie Porter > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Itz an instrOOment of torChure!!!
>
> Bear
>

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
> > what please is a squeeze cage? soft
> > Julie Porter > wrote in message
> > ink.net...
> > > We have had a lot of luck with the squeeze cage for Bear -- he also
> > > can't be touched at the vet's office, and it's really helpful when
> he's
> > > had a serious illness.
> > >
> > > Julie
> > >
> > > "eleaticus" > wrote in message
> > > . ..
> but
> > > didn't

> > > vet, and
> doc.

> helpers
> > > are

> her
> the

> other
> > > cats.

> alleviate
> > > the
> > > vet?

> circumstances,
> > > it
> object -
> > > with

Shawn Hirn
November 12th 06, 01:43 PM
In article >,
"eleaticus" > wrote:

> Sorry for the crossposts. I just now checked out the cat groups but didn't
> really see which one would be best, nor how much overlap there is.
>
> My 15-year old, Sadie Bugbane, was abused on her first trip to the vet, and
> since then it is almost worth the vet's life to take her in the doc.
>
> She is small and the squeeze net is ineffective and a vet and helpers are
> sure to get slashed if they really try to do their job.
>
> Obviously, if she had a major problem her life would be in danger, her
> frantic, ferocious efforts to defend herself could only aggravate the
> injury/illness.
>
> BTW, she is absolutely gentle at all other times, except with other cats.
>
> So, the problem and question I pose, is there some way to alleviate the
> problem, to sedate her,as it were, before trying to get her to the vet?
>
> Or ... ?
>
> A complication is that she is a wrggler under the best circumstances, it
> being perhaps just ten percent of the time that she doesn't object - with
> gentle wriggles - to being picked up.
>
> Please help me out here, and realize that I haven't even slightly
> exaggerated the problem.

You need to find a better vet. A good vet will know how to deal with a
reluctant patient to get the job done with minimal discomfort to the pet.

Julie Porter
November 12th 06, 06:05 PM

I don't know if I would say poorly equipped - my vet is the only one in
the Dallas area I know of with the squeeze cage. I think they just
aren't for sale real readily, and he happened to see one at a trade
show. Maybe more vets would have them if they were being marketed and
sold more widely. It actually doesn't have hard edges - the bars are
that black enamel-coated stuff like a bird cage. We can slide Bear into
it and he never gets hurt.

Julie

> So, what we really have here (at my vet) is a poorly equipped clinic.
>
> no squeeze cage (would have to see to believe its hard edges wouldn't
harm
> Sadie)
>
> no sedative spray.
>
> --
> eleaticus
> ee-lee-AT-i-cus

"eleaticus" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Julie Porter" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
> > No, we've used that (the squeeze net) but the squeeze cage is like a
> > regular small-animal cage or bird cage, and is just a tad larger
than
> > the cat - if you slide it up to the cat carrier and open the doors
of
> > both of them, you can get the cat into the squeeze cage. Then, after
> > he's inside, one side of the squeeze cage can be slided in, so that
the
> > cat is in a cage that fits him completely and he can't lie down, or
move
> > his head or legs to bite or scratch, and it has little doors on the
> > sides, like a bird cage would, so the vet can put his hand in to
feel
> > the cat, or can give him shots, etc. My vet got one at a vet trade
> > show - he saw it and thought it would be perfect for very aggressive
> > kitties.

> > Julie
> >
> > > thanks, julie.
> > >
> > > Is the 'cage' really a framed net?
> > >
> > > --
> > > eleaticus
> > > ee-lee-AT-i-cus
> > >
> > "eleaticus" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> > > "Julie Porter" > wrote in message
> > > ink.net...
> > he's

> > but

> > doc.

> > helpers

> > her
> > the

> > other

> > alleviate

> > circumstances,
> > object -

Julie Porter
November 12th 06, 06:07 PM
Ifn yu put up a fuss like mee, dayl just wait til yu get anustheezia tu
get yur teef cleened an du yur nailz den. Har! Har!

My momm tryed to find da skweeze cage onlion and coud not find one.

(My daughtur is a small black tuxido naimed Troodi!)

Bear, big black tuxido

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> small black tuxido puffs reading the screen,... diz meanz you kuld kut
mine
> nailz wifout a fite??? Trudi, hopin it koztz tootoo muc
> Julie Porter > wrote in message
> nk.net...
> > No, we've used that (the squeeze net) but the squeeze cage is like a
> > regular small-animal cage or bird cage, and is just a tad larger
than
> > the cat - if you slide it up to the cat carrier and open the doors
of
> > both of them, you can get the cat into the squeeze cage. Then, after
> > he's inside, one side of the squeeze cage can be slided in, so that
the
> > cat is in a cage that fits him completely and he can't lie down, or
move
> > his head or legs to bite or scratch, and it has little doors on the
> > sides, like a bird cage would, so the vet can put his hand in to
feel
> > the cat, or can give him shots, etc. My vet got one at a vet trade
> > show - he saw it and thought it would be perfect for very aggressive
> > kitties.
> >
> > Julie
> >
> > > thanks, julie.
> > >
> > > Is the 'cage' really a framed net?
> > >
> > > --
> > > eleaticus
> > > ee-lee-AT-i-cus
> > >
> > "eleaticus" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> > > "Julie Porter" > wrote in message
> > > ink.net...
> > he's

> > but

> > doc.

> > helpers

> > her
> > the

> > other

> > alleviate

> > circumstances,
> > object -

Julie Porter
November 12th 06, 06:08 PM
Dats a fine idea. Call da sheriff!!

Bear

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> we haf been katsiderin diz here idermint an we thinkz dey shuuld not
be
> allowed, wonner if da purrsident ana sheriff rosco culld luk into diz
> situatin, Tiger
> Julie Porter > wrote in message
> nk.net...
> > Itz an instrOOment of torChure!!!
> >
> > Bear
> >

> > "Stormmee" > wrote in message
> > > what please is a squeeze cage? soft
> > > Julie Porter > wrote in message
> > > ink.net...
> > he's

> > but

> > doc.

> > helpers

> > her
> > the

> > other

> > alleviate

> > circumstances,
> > object -

Stormmee
November 12th 06, 07:50 PM
hi bear, i hasta*at leazt 'kordinta soft* haf mines nailz cut veri often kuz
she sayz dey kurlz unner anna wuuld go in mine pawpadz, Itz kule dat you
hafa daughterkitty named da same az mineself, Trudi
Julie Porter > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Ifn yu put up a fuss like mee, dayl just wait til yu get anustheezia tu
> get yur teef cleened an du yur nailz den. Har! Har!
>
> My momm tryed to find da skweeze cage onlion and coud not find one.
>
> (My daughtur is a small black tuxido naimed Troodi!)
>
> Bear, big black tuxido
>
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
> > small black tuxido puffs reading the screen,... diz meanz you kuld kut
> mine
> > nailz wifout a fite??? Trudi, hopin it koztz tootoo muc
> > Julie Porter > wrote in message
> > nk.net...
> > > No, we've used that (the squeeze net) but the squeeze cage is like a
> > > regular small-animal cage or bird cage, and is just a tad larger
> than
> > > the cat - if you slide it up to the cat carrier and open the doors
> of
> > > both of them, you can get the cat into the squeeze cage. Then, after
> > > he's inside, one side of the squeeze cage can be slided in, so that
> the
> > > cat is in a cage that fits him completely and he can't lie down, or
> move
> > > his head or legs to bite or scratch, and it has little doors on the
> > > sides, like a bird cage would, so the vet can put his hand in to
> feel
> > > the cat, or can give him shots, etc. My vet got one at a vet trade
> > > show - he saw it and thought it would be perfect for very aggressive
> > > kitties.
> > >
> > > Julie

> > > "eleaticus" > wrote in message
> > > . ..
> also
> when
> > > he's

> groups
> > > but
> is.

> the
> the
> > > doc.

> > > helpers

> danger,
> > > her
> aggravate
> > > the

> > > other

> > > alleviate
> the

> > > circumstances,
> > > object -

> slightly

Julie Porter
November 15th 06, 02:39 AM
Owhh!! Well, its a gud fing that soft makes shure yur nails get dun.
Dats nise!

Bear

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> hi bear, i hasta*at leazt 'kordinta soft* haf mines nailz cut veri
often kuz
> she sayz dey kurlz unner anna wuuld go in mine pawpadz, Itz kule dat
you
> hafa daughterkitty named da same az mineself, Trudi
> Julie Porter > wrote in message
> nk.net...
> > Ifn yu put up a fuss like mee, dayl just wait til yu get anustheezia
tu
> > get yur teef cleened an du yur nailz den. Har! Har!
> >
> > My momm tryed to find da skweeze cage onlion and coud not find one.
> >
> > (My daughtur is a small black tuxido naimed Troodi!)
> >
> > Bear, big black tuxido
> >
> > "Stormmee" > wrote in message
> > > small black tuxido puffs reading the screen,... diz meanz you kuld
kut
> > mine
> > > nailz wifout a fite??? Trudi, hopin it koztz tootoo muc
> > > Julie Porter > wrote in message
> > > nk.net...
> > than
> > of
> > the
> > move
> > feel

> > also
> > when

> > groups
> > is.

> > the
> > the

> > danger,
> > aggravate

> > the

> > slightly

Stormmee
November 16th 06, 02:32 PM
soft remfurz anna furri kutz dem, he iz veri luki he iz a mozt wonnerful
hooman, Trudi, ominusly
Julie Porter > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Owhh!! Well, its a gud fing that soft makes shure yur nails get dun.
> Dats nise!
>
> Bear
>

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
> > hi bear, i hasta*at leazt 'kordinta soft* haf mines nailz cut veri
> often kuz
> > she sayz dey kurlz unner anna wuuld go in mine pawpadz, Itz kule dat
> you
> > hafa daughterkitty named da same az mineself, Trudi
> > Julie Porter > wrote in message
> > nk.net...
> > > Ifn yu put up a fuss like mee, dayl just wait til yu get anustheezia
> tu
> > > get yur teef cleened an du yur nailz den. Har! Har!
> > >
> > > My momm tryed to find da skweeze cage onlion and coud not find one.
> > >
> > > (My daughtur is a small black tuxido naimed Troodi!)
> > >
> > > Bear, big black tuxido

> kut
> > > mine
> like a
> > > than
> doors
> > > of
> after
> that
> > > the
> or
> > > move
> the
> > > feel
> trade
> aggressive

> he
> > > also
> helpful
> > > when

> > > groups
> there
> > > is.

> trip to
> > > the
> in
> > > the

> and

> > > danger,
> > > aggravate

> with

> her to
> > > the

> doesn't

> > > slightly

OdorDestroyer.com
December 5th 06, 04:43 PM
Amen to that. I have yet to see a vet that couldn't scruff a cat and
subsequently immobilize him. All you need to do is get a good scruff,
catch the hind legs, and stretch him out. It sounds like a torture
technique, but it is actually very gentle (but firm). Stretching them
out just places them in a position where then cannot get any leverage to
wriggle free.

-----------------------------
http://www.OdorDestroyer.com
Powerful pet odor removers for powerful pet odors.

> Shawn Hirn wrote:
>
> You need to find a better vet. A good vet will know how to deal with a
> reluctant patient to get the job done with minimal discomfort to the pet.

eleaticus
December 17th 06, 03:31 AM
"OdorDestroyer.com" > wrote in message
> Amen to that. I have yet to see a vet that couldn't scruff a cat and
> subsequently immobilize him. All you need to do is get a good scruff,
> catch the hind legs, and stretch him out. It sounds like a torture
> technique, but it is actually very gentle (but firm). Stretching them
> out just places them in a position where then cannot get any leverage to
> wriggle free.

We're not talking about restraining Sadie BugBane BEFORE she is in a
terrified wild rage, but afterwards. She becomes dangerous as soon as she
enters the vet door. No doubt from the odors in the air.

You can NOT grab a hold on her at all, let alone by the scruff.

--
eleaticus
ee-lee-AT-i-cus