PDA

View Full Version : Diatomaceous Earth vs. Borate Powder for Killing Fleas

Stacey Weinberger
November 11th 06, 10:44 PM
Have any of you had any experience with products that have contained either
of these powders for killing fleas in the carpet? Which works better?

Thanks,

Stacey

--
~~~~~~~~~~
Remember, remember, the 5th of November

PawsForThought
November 12th 06, 12:28 AM
Stacey Weinberger wrote:
> Have any of you had any experience with products that have contained either
> of these powders for killing fleas in the carpet? Which works better?

I've used diatomaceous earth for bug control outside. Just make sure
you get the "food grade" kind and not the kind used for swimming pools.

Frez
November 15th 06, 10:12 AM
Hi Stacey,

I have used the borate powder in the house with great success,
unfortunately I 've never been able to find Diatomaceous Earth and
would love to as I believe it can be used directly on our feline
friends.

For all bedding, cushions etc I have just sprinkled it about and for
floors or surfaces where fleas may reside I wash down with a mix of
Water, borax and lemon ( just for a nice scent)

Frez