PDA

View Full Version : acetaminophen and cats


November 13th 06, 09:35 PM
Acetaminophen & Cats

All should be aware of the toxicity of acetaminophen in cats:

A quick Google search revealed that apparently Acetaminophen is very toxic

to cats:

"Acetaminaphen, the main ingredient of Tylenol and several other non-aspirin

pain relievers. It possesses both analgesic and antipyretic effects. The

feline toxic dosage is 50-100 mg/kg. One regular-strength tablet (325 mg)

may be toxic to cats, and a second could be lethal. One "extra strength"

(500 mg) tablet can result in toxicosis."

I just learned this the hard way.

Scot

Matthew
November 14th 06, 12:38 AM
Sorry for your loss Scott

> wrote in message
t...
> Acetaminophen & Cats
>
> All should be aware of the toxicity of acetaminophen in cats:
>
> A quick Google search revealed that apparently Acetaminophen is very toxic
>
> to cats:
>
> "Acetaminaphen, the main ingredient of Tylenol and several other
> non-aspirin
>
> pain relievers. It possesses both analgesic and antipyretic effects. The
>
> feline toxic dosage is 50-100 mg/kg. One regular-strength tablet (325 mg)
>
> may be toxic to cats, and a second could be lethal. One "extra strength"
>
> (500 mg) tablet can result in toxicosis."
>
> I just learned this the hard way.
>
> Scot
>
>

AZ Nomad
November 14th 06, 03:53 AM
On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:35:02 GMT, > > wrote:


>Acetaminophen & Cats

>All should be aware of the toxicity of acetaminophen in cats:
>A quick Google search revealed that apparently Acetaminophen is very toxic
>to cats:

>"Acetaminaphen, the main ingredient of Tylenol and several other non-aspirin
>pain relievers. It possesses both analgesic and antipyretic effects. The
>feline toxic dosage is 50-100 mg/kg. One regular-strength tablet (325 mg)
>may be toxic to cats, and a second could be lethal. One "extra strength"
>(500 mg) tablet can result in toxicosis."
>I just learned this the hard way.

You ****ing idiot. One human dose of *anything* will kill a cat. Even if
the stuff was safe for cats, a human dose on a cat would be like a human
taking twenty doses. Have you ever had to take 20 tablets lately? Or do
you have a 160lb kittycat? And why the hell would you assume that what is
safe for humans is safe for cats?

This has *got* to be a troll. Nobody is that stupid.

Matthew
November 14th 06, 04:08 AM
Ever thought that maybe he dropped the pill and the cat grabbed the pill it
has happened to me many of times luckily I have been quicker than the cat

Rhonda
November 14th 06, 04:47 AM
AZ Nomad wrote:

> You ****ing idiot. One human dose of *anything* will kill a cat. Even if
> the stuff was safe for cats, a human dose on a cat would be like a human
> taking twenty doses. Have you ever had to take 20 tablets lately? Or do
> you have a 160lb kittycat? And why the hell would you assume that what is
> safe for humans is safe for cats?
>
> This has *got* to be a troll. Nobody is that stupid.

He was brave to post a warning to try to help other cats, wasn't he?

He had to take the risk that someone would fly off the handle and wag
their finger at him, when he's probably already feeling horrible.

Rhonda

Wayne
November 14th 06, 04:58 AM
"AZ Nomad" > wrote the following assinine
commentslrnelife3
> You ****ing idiot. >

Have you ever dropped a pill on the floor accidentally?
Cats and dogs will go after it immediately.
Are your kids allowed to have chocolate? Have they ever dropped any?

You probably don't have any kids. Probably you are alone and your only
friends are cats.

Wayne
never argue with an idiot, people might not know the difference.

GWB
November 14th 06, 07:32 AM
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 03:53:34 GMT, AZ Nomad
> wrote:

>This has *got* to be a troll. Nobody is that stupid.

Oh sure they are. <G>

GWB
November 14th 06, 07:38 AM
On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:58:07 -0500, "Wayne" >
wrote:

>
>"AZ Nomad" > wrote the following assinine
>commentslrnelife3
>> You ****ing idiot. >
>
>Have you ever dropped a pill on the floor accidentally?
>Cats and dogs will go after it immediately.
>Are your kids allowed to have chocolate? Have they ever dropped any?
>
>You probably don't have any kids. Probably you are alone and your only
>friends are cats.
>
>Wayne
>never argue with an idiot, people might not know the difference.
>

In case of accidental overdose, pouring a bit of hydrogen peroxide
down their throat will cause instant vomiting without damage.

At least that's what my vet advised me when my dog got a hold of a
to-go bag of a half dozen Filaribits (daily heartworm) I had brought
along for a trip.

November 14th 06, 04:22 PM
Yes I was an idiot and learned a horrible lesson.
thank you all for your words of kindness.
Scot

"Rhonda" > wrote in message
...
> AZ Nomad wrote:
>
> > You ****ing idiot. One human dose of *anything* will kill a cat. Even
if
> > the stuff was safe for cats, a human dose on a cat would be like a human
> > taking twenty doses. Have you ever had to take 20 tablets lately? Or
do
> > you have a 160lb kittycat? And why the hell would you assume that what
is
> > safe for humans is safe for cats?
> >
> > This has *got* to be a troll. Nobody is that stupid.
>
> He was brave to post a warning to try to help other cats, wasn't he?
>
> He had to take the risk that someone would fly off the handle and wag
> their finger at him, when he's probably already feeling horrible.
>
> Rhonda
>

AZ Nomad
November 14th 06, 07:15 PM
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 04:47:02 GMT, Rhonda > wrote:


>AZ Nomad wrote:

>> You ****ing idiot. One human dose of *anything* will kill a cat. Even if
>> the stuff was safe for cats, a human dose on a cat would be like a human
>> taking twenty doses. Have you ever had to take 20 tablets lately? Or do
>> you have a 160lb kittycat? And why the hell would you assume that what is
>> safe for humans is safe for cats?
>>
>> This has *got* to be a troll. Nobody is that stupid.

>He was brave to post a warning to try to help other cats, wasn't he?

>He had to take the risk that someone would fly off the handle and wag
>their finger at him, when he's probably already feeling horrible.

Assuming he isn't a troll.

AZ Nomad
November 14th 06, 07:17 PM
On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:58:07 -0500, Wayne > wrote:



>"AZ Nomad" > wrote the following assinine
>commentslrnelife3
>> You ****ing idiot. >

>Have you ever dropped a pill on the floor accidentally?
>Cats and dogs will go after it immediately.
>Are your kids allowed to have chocolate? Have they ever dropped any?

>You probably don't have any kids. Probably you are alone and your only
>friends are cats.

You probably have a circle of dead children around you as a warning to
others to stay away from a dangerous idiot as yourself.

Wayne
November 14th 06, 08:48 PM
"AZ Nomad" > wrote in message
...
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:58:07 -0500, Wayne > wrote:
>
>
>
>>"AZ Nomad" > wrote the following assinine
>>commentslrnelife3
>>> You ****ing idiot. >
>
>
> You probably have a circle of dead children around you as a warning to
> others to stay away from a dangerous idiot as yourself.
>
>

At least he was good enough to post a warning to others who aren't as
brilliant and experienced as you. That's what newsgroups are for, to trade
info with people all over the world about the subject of the NS. Your
comments offered no info. It was just nasty. It shows you probably do that
sort of thing anonymously because you don't have the guts to insult people
face to face. It says loads about your character.
Wayne

--
It's frustrating when you know all the answers but nobody bothers to ask you
the questions

November 14th 06, 09:05 PM
I have three adult children that are very well adjusted and are in my life.
I have friends and acquaintances, and I also have three adult cats. The cat
that died was a friends cat.
And I am not a dangerous idiot.
End of conversation with someone so bitter.
Scot

"AZ Nomad" > wrote in message
...
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:58:07 -0500, Wayne > wrote:
>
>
>
> >"AZ Nomad" > wrote the following assinine
> >commentslrnelife3
> >> You ****ing idiot. >
>
> >Have you ever dropped a pill on the floor accidentally?
> >Cats and dogs will go after it immediately.
> >Are your kids allowed to have chocolate? Have they ever dropped any?
>
> >You probably don't have any kids. Probably you are alone and your only
> >friends are cats.
>
> You probably have a circle of dead children around you as a warning to
> others to stay away from a dangerous idiot as yourself.
>
>

Rhonda
November 14th 06, 10:36 PM
AZ Nomad wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 04:47:02 GMT, Rhonda > wrote:
>
>>AZ Nomad wrote:
>
>>>You ****ing idiot. One human dose of *anything* will kill a cat. Even if
>>>the stuff was safe for cats, a human dose on a cat would be like a human
>>>taking twenty doses. Have you ever had to take 20 tablets lately? Or do
>>>you have a 160lb kittycat? And why the hell would you assume that what is
>>>safe for humans is safe for cats?
>>>
>>>This has *got* to be a troll. Nobody is that stupid.
>
>>He was brave to post a warning to try to help other cats, wasn't he?
>
>>He had to take the risk that someone would fly off the handle and wag
>>their finger at him, when he's probably already feeling horrible.
>
> Assuming he isn't a troll.

You're so cynical for being so young.

rhonda

Rhonda
November 14th 06, 10:37 PM
Wayne wrote:
> "AZ Nomad" > wrote in message
> ...
>
>>On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:58:07 -0500, Wayne > wrote:
>>
>>
>>>"AZ Nomad" > wrote the following assinine
>>>commentslrnelife3
>>>
>>>>You ****ing idiot. >
>>
>>You probably have a circle of dead children around you as a warning to
>>others to stay away from a dangerous idiot as yourself.
>
> At least he was good enough to post a warning to others who aren't as
> brilliant and experienced as you. That's what newsgroups are for, to trade
> info with people all over the world about the subject of the NS. Your
> comments offered no info. It was just nasty. It shows you probably do that
> sort of thing anonymously because you don't have the guts to insult people
> face to face. It says loads about your character.
> Wayne

Ditto to that!

Rhonda