PDA

View Full Version : he's jumping on my back

ensoul
November 15th 06, 04:24 PM
Rudy that is, only when I'm on the comptuer....he gets lots of loving,
this last though I didn't have a heavy sweater on and he took a gouge
out of my back since Rudy took a flying leap, I wasn't paying attention
talking to friend that was helaping me fix the computer....I let out a
one hell of scream because it hurt like hell and he went running to
parts unknown

How do I break him of this habit? It has to be done quick. Rudy's a
big boy, weighs 18 lbs and I don't want his brother picking up the
habit.

thanks much for any info

ensoul

The truth is rarely pure and never simple.
~Oscar Wilde

Lynne
November 15th 06, 09:06 PM
on Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:24:19 GMT, "ensoul" > wrote:

> Rudy that is, only when I'm on the comptuer....he gets lots of loving,
> this last though I didn't have a heavy sweater on and he took a gouge
> out of my back since Rudy took a flying leap, I wasn't paying attention
> talking to friend that was helaping me fix the computer....I let out a
> one hell of scream because it hurt like hell and he went running to
> parts unknown
>
> How do I break him of this habit? It has to be done quick. Rudy's a
> big boy, weighs 18 lbs and I don't want his brother picking up the
> habit.
>
> thanks much for any info

Has he done it since you screamed and sent him running? That alone may
have been enough to break him of the habit. If not, keep doing it
anytime he jumps on your back so he will start associating his action
with something negative. That should make him stop.

My kitten kept climbing in the refridgerator. I kept taking him out and
telling him no, but it didn't do any good. The other day I didn't
realize he was starting to go in and the door slammed shut. It hit him
on the way and he ran FAST. He wasn't hurt, but it definitely scared
him. Now when I open the door, he backs away pretty quickly.

--
Lynne

"Every once in a while, the tables are turned and we get to share our
lives with an animal who takes care of their human." - Tara, rpdb