PDA

View Full Version : Does relaxation music work?

Mike S.
November 16th 06, 06:17 AM
Do those relaxation cds for pets really work? All the consumer reviews
I've seen say they do but the whole idea of music relaxing an animal
seems strange. I tried playing the samples for one of my cat's who's
uptight and it seemed to have a positive affect but it could've been a
fluke.

Has anyone tried them? What's your opinion of them?

-L.
November 16th 06, 08:04 AM
Mike S. wrote:
> Do those relaxation cds for pets really work? All the consumer reviews
> I've seen say they do but the whole idea of music relaxing an animal
> seems strange. I tried playing the samples for one of my cat's who's
> uptight and it seemed to have a positive affect but it could've been a
> fluke.
>
> Has anyone tried them? What's your opinion of them?

My cats like Mozart and Pink Floyd.

-L.

Buddy's Mom
November 16th 06, 11:03 AM
I used to play Mozart all the time for an uptight cat that I had and it
worked!

Mike S. wrote:
> Do those relaxation cds for pets really work? All the consumer reviews
> I've seen say they do but the whole idea of music relaxing an animal
> seems strange. I tried playing the samples for one of my cat's who's
> uptight and it seemed to have a positive affect but it could've been a
> fluke.
>
> Has anyone tried them? What's your opinion of them?

Spot
November 16th 06, 12:39 PM
I don't know why it wouldn't work. It's a proven fact that the cows in milk
barns where music is played will produce more milk per day than those who
don't listen to music. Not that a cat is the same as a cow but the idea is
the same. Keep them calm and relaxed.

Celeste

ke S." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Do those relaxation cds for pets really work? All the consumer reviews
> I've seen say they do but the whole idea of music relaxing an animal
> seems strange. I tried playing the samples for one of my cat's who's
> uptight and it seemed to have a positive affect but it could've been a
> fluke.
>
> Has anyone tried them? What's your opinion of them?

Wendy
November 16th 06, 02:32 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Mike S. wrote:
>> Do those relaxation cds for pets really work? All the consumer reviews
>> I've seen say they do but the whole idea of music relaxing an animal
>> seems strange. I tried playing the samples for one of my cat's who's
>> uptight and it seemed to have a positive affect but it could've been a
>> fluke.
>>
>> Has anyone tried them? What's your opinion of them?
>
> My cats like Mozart and Pink Floyd.
>
> -L.

The fosters I used to transport to Pet Smart for the adoption days used to
like Led Zeppelin. Metallica too IIRC. Well either they liked it or hated
it, either way it stopped them from crying in the carriers all the way to
the store.

MaryL
November 18th 06, 01:47 PM
"Mike S." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Do those relaxation cds for pets really work? All the consumer reviews
> I've seen say they do but the whole idea of music relaxing an animal
> seems strange. I tried playing the samples for one of my cat's who's
> uptight and it seemed to have a positive affect but it could've been a
> fluke.
>
> Has anyone tried them? What's your opinion of them?

I set up a separate room for Duffy after I adopted him (used during the
lengthy "introduction" process to separate Duffy and Holly). I have not
tried the CDs you mentioned, but I left the radio on in Duffy's room during
that time and kept it tuned to a classical and "easy listening" station. I
do think the sound had a soothing effect, and I also used a plug-in Feliway
diffuser in his room for the same reason.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o