PDA

View Full Version : My Chick is Gone

Eva Quesnell
November 18th 06, 03:06 PM
I don't know what happened. I went to feed my kitties this morning. She
didn't come. I called her, and she didn't come. I looked all around in
her favorite places. I found her lying there under the guest bed. She
was fine yesterday. She ate, she played, she wanted petting. She's just
gone....Oh no! She was only 12.

Eva

Gail
November 18th 06, 04:36 PM
I wonder what happened to her. My sincere condolences.
Gail
"Eva Quesnell" > wrote in message
u...

> I don't know what happened. I went to feed my kitties this morning. She
> didn't come. I called her, and she didn't come. I looked all around in
> her favorite places. I found her lying there under the guest bed. She
> was fine yesterday. She ate, she played, she wanted petting. She's just
> gone....Oh no! She was only 12.
>
> Eva

Phil P.
November 18th 06, 04:38 PM
"Eva Quesnell" > wrote in message
u...

> I don't know what happened. I went to feed my kitties this morning. She
> didn't come. I called her, and she didn't come. I looked all around in
> her favorite places. I found her lying there under the guest bed. She
> was fine yesterday. She ate, she played, she wanted petting. She's just
> gone....Oh no! She was only 12.
>
> Eva

I remember Chick http://maxshouse.com/Gallery%20Pix/Chick-.JPG

I'm so sorry, Eva

Phil

cybercat
November 18th 06, 04:40 PM
"Eva Quesnell" > wrote in message
u...

> I don't know what happened. I went to feed my kitties this morning. She
> didn't come. I called her, and she didn't come. I looked all around in
> her favorite places. I found her lying there under the guest bed. She
> was fine yesterday. She ate, she played, she wanted petting. She's just
> gone....Oh no! She was only 12.
>
> Eva

Oh, Eva, I am so sorry. What a terrible shock, and such a loss.

Spot
November 18th 06, 05:21 PM
Eva,

I'm so sorry!! It sounds like she passed peacefully in her sleep.

Celeste

"Eva Quesnell" > wrote in message
u...

> I don't know what happened. I went to feed my kitties this morning. She
> didn't come. I called her, and she didn't come. I looked all around in
> her favorite places. I found her lying there under the guest bed. She
> was fine yesterday. She ate, she played, she wanted petting. She's just
> gone....Oh no! She was only 12.
>
> Eva

blkcatgal
November 18th 06, 06:33 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

Sue

"Eva Quesnell" > wrote in message
u...

> I don't know what happened. I went to feed my kitties this morning. She
> didn't come. I called her, and she didn't come. I looked all around in
> her favorite places. I found her lying there under the guest bed. She
> was fine yesterday. She ate, she played, she wanted petting. She's just
> gone....Oh no! She was only 12.
>
> Eva

Eva Quesnell
November 18th 06, 08:17 PM
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, Phil P. wrote:

> "Eva Quesnell" > wrote in message
> u...
>>
>> I don't know what happened. I went to feed my kitties this morning. She
>> didn't come. I called her, and she didn't come. I looked all around in
>> her favorite places. I found her lying there under the guest bed. She
>> was fine yesterday. She ate, she played, she wanted petting. She's just
>> gone....Oh no! She was only 12.
>>
>> Eva
>
> I remember Chick http://maxshouse.com/Gallery%20Pix/Chick-.JPG
>
> I'm so sorry, Eva
>
> Phil

Thanks, Phil and everybody who sent their condolences. Maybe you'll take
a look at the beautiful little girl I lost. The only thing I know she had
a problem with was eosinophilic stomatitis (sp). Otherwise, her health
was always good. It was a shock, but I guess it always is. She was
laying there in a normal sleep position, didn't look like she struggled.
I just have no idea what could have happened. I didn't hear her cry in
the night or anything. Yesterday she sat here on the chair with me as I
did e-mails and stuff. She was headbutting me and purring....

They never stay with us long enough. :(

Eva

Lynne
November 18th 06, 11:08 PM
on Sat, 18 Nov 2006 20:17:54 GMT, Eva Quesnell > wrote:

> Thanks, Phil and everybody who sent their condolences. Maybe you'll
> take a look at the beautiful little girl I lost. The only thing I
> know she had a problem with was eosinophilic stomatitis (sp).
> Otherwise, her health was always good. It was a shock, but I guess it
> always is. She was laying there in a normal sleep position, didn't
> look like she struggled. I just have no idea what could have happened.
> I didn't hear her cry in the night or anything. Yesterday she sat
> here on the chair with me as I did e-mails and stuff. She was
> headbutting me and purring....
>
> They never stay with us long enough. :(

Oh, Eva, I'm so sorry. I hope you can derive some comfort knowing that
Chick was happy right to the end and went peacefully in her sleep. She was
a very pretty girl.

--
Lynne

"Every once in a while, the tables are turned and we get to share our lives
with an animal who takes care of their human." - Tara, rpdb

Eva Quesnell
November 18th 06, 11:34 PM
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, Lynne wrote:

> on Sat, 18 Nov 2006 20:17:54 GMT, Eva Quesnell > wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Phil and everybody who sent their condolences. Maybe you'll
>> take a look at the beautiful little girl I lost. The only thing I
>> know she had a problem with was eosinophilic stomatitis (sp).
>> Otherwise, her health was always good. It was a shock, but I guess it
>> always is. She was laying there in a normal sleep position, didn't
>> look like she struggled. I just have no idea what could have happened.
>> I didn't hear her cry in the night or anything. Yesterday she sat
>> here on the chair with me as I did e-mails and stuff. She was
>> headbutting me and purring....
>>
>> They never stay with us long enough. :(
>
> Oh, Eva, I'm so sorry. I hope you can derive some comfort knowing that
> Chick was happy right to the end and went peacefully in her sleep. She was
> a very pretty girl.
>
> --
> Lynne
>
> "Every once in a while, the tables are turned and we get to share our lives
> with an animal who takes care of their human." - Tara, rpdb

Thanks, Lynne. It does help to know that she didn't have to go through a
long illness or lots of vet visits. As I think about it, I do believe it
had to be a heart attack. Otherwise, she would've shown me some sign that
she was sick. I'm sorry I can't answer each person. I can't dwell too
long without getting more upset. I have to let some time go by. She was
indeed a beautiful girl and very sweet. It's hard to sit here because it
was her favorite place to sit with me and headbutt me as I tried to type.

Eva

cybercat
November 19th 06, 12:21 AM
"Eva Quesnell" > wrote
> Thanks, Lynne. It does help to know that she didn't have to go through a
> long illness or lots of vet visits. As I think about it, I do believe it
> had to be a heart attack. Otherwise, she would've shown me some sign that
> she was sick. I'm sorry I can't answer each person. I can't dwell too
> long without getting more upset. I have to let some time go by. She was
> indeed a beautiful girl and very sweet. It's hard to sit here because it
> was her favorite place to sit with me and headbutt me as I tried to type.

Eva, it was so sudden, you have to still be in shock. It is a wonderful
thing
that she did not suffer, but that does not affect how much you will miss
her.
She was absolutely lovely--a gorgeous tabby girl--and it is clear that you
loved her and gave her the very best care. Take care of yourself.

Lesley
November 19th 06, 12:32 AM
Eva Quesnell wrote:
> I don't know what happened. I went to feed my kitties this morning. She
> didn't come. I called her, and she didn't come. I looked all around in
> her favorite places. I found her lying there under the guest bed. She
> was fine yesterday. She ate, she played, she wanted petting. She's just
> gone....Oh no! She was only 12.

Eva

I can't say how sorry I am. Take some (Okay it's not much but some)
consolation from the fact she died at home and in her sleep. She's over
the Bridge now and waiting for you.

To me this is a nightmare I have two cats who seem to become invisible
at will and never bother to answer when they are called and every time
it happens I have to tell myself "They're only 3 odds are they've just
gone temporarily deaf as they do NOT that one of them has died"

I am going to get very paranoid as they get older...

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Ryan Robbins
November 19th 06, 03:10 AM
"Eva Quesnell" > wrote in message
u...

> I don't know what happened. I went to feed my kitties this morning. She
> didn't come. I called her, and she didn't come. I looked all around in
> her favorite places. I found her lying there under the guest bed. She
> was fine yesterday. She ate, she played, she wanted petting. She's just
> gone....Oh no! She was only 12.

It is possible she had heart failure. Sometimes cats show no signs of the
disease and then they just die. The only way to tell what happened to your
cat would be to have a necropsy done.

barb
November 19th 06, 07:04 PM
Sorry about this, Eva.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Lesley
November 19th 06, 11:26 PM
Ryan Robbins wrote:

.. Sometimes cats show no signs of the
> disease and then they just die.

Or they don't show it until they are really ill. Our beloved Fugazi
aged 12 spent a Tuesday morning winning a game of "King of the Castle"
with her sister Isis (RB) had a weird turn later on in the day and had
to cross the Bridge on the next day at 6.10 in the evening because of
cancer

It was just a huge shock to us she had advanced cancer, a heart
murmur and signs of kidney failure at the vets and the day before she
had been winning a game with her sister!

Looking at the vet and saying "Okay lets do what has to be done" was
the hardest sentence I ever had to say

I confess I didn't stay for the last bit..Okay if that makes me bad but
she had an injection on my lap and fell asleep purring then I handed
her to the vet to do what had to be done

Then went outside and paid the bill (They didn't charge me for the box
of tissues I used) abd freaked out the waiting room because they saw me
go in with a cat and come out without one

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

meeee
November 20th 06, 01:26 AM
(((((Eva))))) I am so sorry for your loss, I am thinking about you.
Purrs.

"Eva Quesnell" > wrote in message
u...

> I don't know what happened. I went to feed my kitties this morning. She
> didn't come. I called her, and she didn't come. I looked all around in
> her favorite places. I found her lying there under the guest bed. She
> was fine yesterday. She ate, she played, she wanted petting. She's just
> gone....Oh no! She was only 12.
>
> Eva

kraut
November 20th 06, 03:03 PM

>Or they don't show it until they are really ill. Our beloved Fugazi
>aged 12 spent a Tuesday morning winning a game of "King of the Castle"
>with her sister Isis (RB) had a weird turn later on in the day and had
>to cross the Bridge on the next day at 6.10 in the evening because of
>cancer
>
>It was just a huge shock to us she had advanced cancer, a heart
>murmur and signs of kidney failure at the vets and the day before she
>had been winning a game with her sister!
>
>Looking at the vet and saying "Okay lets do what has to be done" was
>the hardest sentence I ever had to say
>
>I confess I didn't stay for the last bit..Okay if that makes me bad but
> she had an injection on my lap and fell asleep purring then I handed
>her to the vet to do what had to be done
>
>Then went outside and paid the bill (They didn't charge me for the box
>of tissues I used) abd freaked out the waiting room because they saw me
>go in with a cat and come out without one
>
>Lesley
>
>Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I know this may be of point and I apologize but my vet has a side door
for that reason that is used by persons who do not want to exit
through the lobby after saying farewell to a furry friend.

My prayer and condolences.