PDA

View Full Version : cat vomitting


nldiggs99
November 18th 06, 07:53 PM
My cat has not ate for a few days, drinks water but then throws up. My vet
said to bring him in on monday. He did this same thing back in June and they
did blood tests, xrays everything and found nothing wrong. Well, today after
I got off the phone with my vets office he vomitted again but this time it
wasn't clear it was dark green almost black and smelled just like diarrea.
Anyone have any ideas what this could be? He's only 2 years old.

Buddy's Mom
November 18th 06, 09:29 PM
Sounds like he has a blockage. I would take him to an emergency vet
now.

nldiggs99 wrote:
> My cat has not ate for a few days, drinks water but then throws up. My vet
> said to bring him in on monday. He did this same thing back in June and they
> did blood tests, xrays everything and found nothing wrong. Well, today after
> I got off the phone with my vets office he vomitted again but this time it
> wasn't clear it was dark green almost black and smelled just like diarrea.
> Anyone have any ideas what this could be? He's only 2 years old.

ChristyLynn
November 18th 06, 10:01 PM
yeah, if you wait until Monday you might now have to bother with the vet
appointment.

Gail
November 19th 06, 02:49 AM
I agree. Take him to the vet ASAP.
Gail
"Buddy's Mom" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Sounds like he has a blockage. I would take him to an emergency vet
> now.
>
> nldiggs99 wrote:
>> My cat has not ate for a few days, drinks water but then throws up. My
>> vet
>> said to bring him in on monday. He did this same thing back in June and
>> they
>> did blood tests, xrays everything and found nothing wrong. Well, today
>> after
>> I got off the phone with my vets office he vomitted again but this time
>> it
>> wasn't clear it was dark green almost black and smelled just like
>> diarrea.
>> Anyone have any ideas what this could be? He's only 2 years old.
>

Rhonda
November 19th 06, 04:01 AM
That does not sound good at all, I would not wait until Monday. Is there
an emergency vet you can take him? I'd get him in immediately.

Since the first vet didn't find anything, it would be good to get a
second opinion anyway. It looks like time is not on your side right now
though, besides the new symptom -- cats cannot go longer than a day or
two without eating before they start to develop fatty liver disease.

Let us know what happens,

Rhonda

nldiggs99 wrote:
> My cat has not ate for a few days, drinks water but then throws up. My vet
> said to bring him in on monday. He did this same thing back in June and they
> did blood tests, xrays everything and found nothing wrong. Well, today after
> I got off the phone with my vets office he vomitted again but this time it
> wasn't clear it was dark green almost black and smelled just like diarrea.
> Anyone have any ideas what this could be? He's only 2 years old.
>

Phil P.
November 19th 06, 03:30 PM
"Buddy's Mom" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Sounds like he has a blockage.

I think you're right.



I would take him to an emergency vet
> now.


I agree.

Phil

>
> nldiggs99 wrote:
> > My cat has not ate for a few days, drinks water but then throws up. My
vet
> > said to bring him in on monday. He did this same thing back in June and
they
> > did blood tests, xrays everything and found nothing wrong. Well, today
after
> > I got off the phone with my vets office he vomitted again but this time
it
> > wasn't clear it was dark green almost black and smelled just like
diarrea.
> > Anyone have any ideas what this could be? He's only 2 years old.
>

Phil P.
November 19th 06, 03:33 PM
"nldiggs99" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> My cat has not ate for a few days, drinks water but then throws up. My
vet
> said to bring him in on monday. He did this same thing back in June and
they
> did blood tests, xrays everything and found nothing wrong.

He could have had a partial obstruction- which don't always produce dilated
loops that can be seen on x-rays. Partial obstructions often become
complete obstructions eventually.


Well, today after
> I got off the phone with my vets office he vomitted again but this time it
> wasn't clear it was dark green almost black and smelled just like diarrea.
> Anyone have any ideas what this could be? He's only 2 years old.

This sounds like an intestinal obstruction of some kind. When the small
intestine becomes obstructed the microflora changes into something similar
to the microflora in the large bowel- and with an overgrowth of fecal-type
bacteria. That's what makes the vomit smell like feces.

If I were you, I get a definitive diagnosis ASAP because if the vomiting is
due to an intestinal obstruction all that bacteria can lead to toxemia and
endotoxic shock which can quickly become fatal.

Best of luck,

Phil

nldiggs99 via CatKB.com
November 19th 06, 05:03 PM
Thank you Phil, you gave me a more to the point answer and I was along the
lines of an obstruction too, but the emergency vet is the one I took him too
last time and didn't find anything. He is more perky this morning thank god,
still drinking water, responding more but I'm taking him in tomorrow to my
regular vet cause I think the emergency vet here just rushed us out last time
in June. Thanks and I will let you know what the doctor says on him. I would
think they would keep him over night tomorrow just to see if they can't
pinpoint something right away, he needs an IV I know that much. Although
he's drinking alot of water, he still doesn't get enough. I will let you all
know after work tomorrow when I am home to email...

Thanks

Question: I know cats aren't as strong as dogs, heck you can at least give a
dog a baby aspirin, you can't cats, but my cat drank out of my glass one day
last week, but it was tea watered down, but would this cause any of this do
you think?

Phil P. wrote:
>> My cat has not ate for a few days, drinks water but then throws up. My vet
>> said to bring him in on monday. He did this same thing back in June and they
>> did blood tests, xrays everything and found nothing wrong.
>
>He could have had a partial obstruction- which don't always produce dilated
>loops that can be seen on x-rays. Partial obstructions often become
>complete obstructions eventually.
>
>Well, today after
>> I got off the phone with my vets office he vomitted again but this time it
>> wasn't clear it was dark green almost black and smelled just like diarrea.
>> Anyone have any ideas what this could be? He's only 2 years old.
>
>This sounds like an intestinal obstruction of some kind. When the small
>intestine becomes obstructed the microflora changes into something similar
>to the microflora in the large bowel- and with an overgrowth of fecal-type
>bacteria. That's what makes the vomit smell like feces.
>
>If I were you, I get a definitive diagnosis ASAP because if the vomiting is
>due to an intestinal obstruction all that bacteria can lead to toxemia and
>endotoxic shock which can quickly become fatal.
>
>Best of luck,
>
>Phil

--
Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200611/1

nldiggs99 via CatKB.com
November 21st 06, 02:45 AM
Hello everyone:
Well I took my cat into my vet tonight. Still, they could not find a thing
wrong with him. They could see he was dehydrated so they did an IV, barely
got any blood out of him to do run tests, they ran a leukemia and another
test and both negative. He had no idea, cause he had no fever, nothing. So,
he went ahead and treated with antibiotics again and said if he doesn't perk
up in a day or two to bring him back and they will try to take more blood and
run more tests.
So, you see it still lies a mystery on what is wrong with my cat.
I honestly wonder if he doesn't have something wrong with his kidneys, maybe
kidney stones? I picked up a pamphlet and honestly he has all but one
symptom of kidney disease. The Dr just didn't think towards that???? I am
leaning towards it, but more like stones cause he had white stuff on his
bottom, made it look like crystals?

Anyway, my kitty being sick is still a mystery. He gave me antibiotics, and
my cat started perking up this morning anyhow, and gave the Dr quite a
problem, but he still is not my kitty back to normal by any means.

I'll keep you posted.

Many thanks
Neva

nldiggs99 wrote:
>Thank you Phil, you gave me a more to the point answer and I was along the
>lines of an obstruction too, but the emergency vet is the one I took him too
>last time and didn't find anything. He is more perky this morning thank god,
>still drinking water, responding more but I'm taking him in tomorrow to my
>regular vet cause I think the emergency vet here just rushed us out last time
>in June. Thanks and I will let you know what the doctor says on him. I would
>think they would keep him over night tomorrow just to see if they can't
>pinpoint something right away, he needs an IV I know that much. Although
>he's drinking alot of water, he still doesn't get enough. I will let you all
>know after work tomorrow when I am home to email...
>
>Thanks
>
>Question: I know cats aren't as strong as dogs, heck you can at least give a
>dog a baby aspirin, you can't cats, but my cat drank out of my glass one day
>last week, but it was tea watered down, but would this cause any of this do
>you think?
>
>>> My cat has not ate for a few days, drinks water but then throws up. My vet
>>> said to bring him in on monday. He did this same thing back in June and they
>[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]
>>
>>Phil

--
Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200611/1

AmandaWV4
November 21st 06, 02:55 AM
nldiggs99 wrote:
>Hello everyone:
>Well I took my cat into my vet tonight. Still, they could not find a thing
>wrong with him. They could see he was dehydrated so they did an IV, barely
>got any blood out of him to do run tests, they ran a leukemia and another
>test and both negative. He had no idea, cause he had no fever, nothing. So,
>he went ahead and treated with antibiotics again and said if he doesn't perk
>up in a day or two to bring him back and they will try to take more blood and
>run more tests.
>So, you see it still lies a mystery on what is wrong with my cat.
>I honestly wonder if he doesn't have something wrong with his kidneys, maybe
>kidney stones? I picked up a pamphlet and honestly he has all but one
>symptom of kidney disease. The Dr just didn't think towards that???? I am
>leaning towards it, but more like stones cause he had white stuff on his
>bottom, made it look like crystals?
>
>Anyway, my kitty being sick is still a mystery. He gave me antibiotics, and
>my cat started perking up this morning anyhow, and gave the Dr quite a
>problem, but he still is not my kitty back to normal by any means.
>
>I'll keep you posted.
>
>Many thanks
>Neva
>
>>Thank you Phil, you gave me a more to the point answer and I was along the
>>lines of an obstruction too, but the emergency vet is the one I took him too
>[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]
>>>
>>>Phil
My friend had to take her cat to the vet a few weeks ago from vomiting all of
the time. The vet took and x-ray and didn't see anything. He told her he
has to open her up to see for sure what is going on. He ran all of the test
too. :( anyway the vet noticed a huge ball of string (almost like fishing
line) in it instines and the string was wrapped aroung the back of her tounge!
He wouldn't of had to open the poor little kitty up if he would have checked
the tounge but she is ok now. She could have gotten this from thread form a
bed spread or couch or blanket. Did your vet check for something like that?
Keep us updated. :(

nldiggs99 via CatKB.com
November 21st 06, 03:21 AM
Yes he checked under his tongue and asked if I sewed, etc. He had a heck of
a time looking, but saw nothing. I'll keep you updated.

AmandaWV4 wrote:
>>Hello everyone:
>>Well I took my cat into my vet tonight. Still, they could not find a thing
>[quoted text clipped - 25 lines]
>>>>
>>>>Phil
>My friend had to take her cat to the vet a few weeks ago from vomiting all of
>the time. The vet took and x-ray and didn't see anything. He told her he
>has to open her up to see for sure what is going on. He ran all of the test
>too. :( anyway the vet noticed a huge ball of string (almost like fishing
>line) in it instines and the string was wrapped aroung the back of her tounge!
>He wouldn't of had to open the poor little kitty up if he would have checked
>the tounge but she is ok now. She could have gotten this from thread form a
>bed spread or couch or blanket. Did your vet check for something like that?
>Keep us updated. :(

--
Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200611/1

Rhonda
November 21st 06, 07:14 AM
Neva,

Did they send the blood off for a full workup, checking all the organs, etc?

Rhonda

nldiggs99 via CatKB.com wrote:
> Hello everyone:
> Well I took my cat into my vet tonight. Still, they could not find a thing
> wrong with him. They could see he was dehydrated so they did an IV, barely
> got any blood out of him to do run tests, they ran a leukemia and another
> test and both negative. He had no idea, cause he had no fever, nothing. So,
> he went ahead and treated with antibiotics again and said if he doesn't perk
> up in a day or two to bring him back and they will try to take more blood and
> run more tests.
> So, you see it still lies a mystery on what is wrong with my cat.
> I honestly wonder if he doesn't have something wrong with his kidneys, maybe
> kidney stones? I picked up a pamphlet and honestly he has all but one
> symptom of kidney disease. The Dr just didn't think towards that???? I am
> leaning towards it, but more like stones cause he had white stuff on his
> bottom, made it look like crystals?
>
> Anyway, my kitty being sick is still a mystery. He gave me antibiotics, and
> my cat started perking up this morning anyhow, and gave the Dr quite a
> problem, but he still is not my kitty back to normal by any means.
>
> I'll keep you posted.
>
> Many thanks
> Neva
>
> nldiggs99 wrote:
>
>>Thank you Phil, you gave me a more to the point answer and I was along the
>>lines of an obstruction too, but the emergency vet is the one I took him too
>>last time and didn't find anything. He is more perky this morning thank god,
>>still drinking water, responding more but I'm taking him in tomorrow to my
>>regular vet cause I think the emergency vet here just rushed us out last time
>>in June. Thanks and I will let you know what the doctor says on him. I would
>>think they would keep him over night tomorrow just to see if they can't
>>pinpoint something right away, he needs an IV I know that much. Although
>>he's drinking alot of water, he still doesn't get enough. I will let you all
>>know after work tomorrow when I am home to email...
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Question: I know cats aren't as strong as dogs, heck you can at least give a
>>dog a baby aspirin, you can't cats, but my cat drank out of my glass one day
>>last week, but it was tea watered down, but would this cause any of this do
>>you think?
>>
>>
>>>>My cat has not ate for a few days, drinks water but then throws up. My vet
>>>>said to bring him in on monday. He did this same thing back in June and they
>>>
>>[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]
>>
>>>Phil
>>
>

nldiggs99 via CatKB.com
November 24th 06, 05:12 AM
Well I have not such good news about my kitty. He was doing much better
after the vet on monday, but today he was not as good then started going into
seizures. I had to take him to the emergency vet and that is where he stilll
is. They have done all blood work and found nothing with him. They have him
on valium, oxygen and and IV. So, I still don't know anything but that he
took a drastic change for the worst. I was reading up on seizures in cats,
and it said underlying conditions, tumors. I'm worried about him and just
feel something is seriously wrong with him.
One day he was find and the next he is worse........
I'll keep you updated..
Thanks for your support.


Rhonda wrote:
>Neva,
>
>Did they send the blood off for a full workup, checking all the organs, etc?
>
>Rhonda
>
>> Hello everyone:
>> Well I took my cat into my vet tonight. Still, they could not find a thing
>[quoted text clipped - 44 lines]
>>>
>>>>Phil

--
Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200611/1

Cheryl
November 24th 06, 06:32 AM
On Fri 24 Nov 2006 12:12:10a, nldiggs99 via CatKB.com wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav <news:[email protected]>:

> Well I have not such good news about my kitty. He was doing
> much better after the vet on monday, but today he was not as
> good then started going into seizures. I had to take him to the
> emergency vet and that is where he stilll is. They have done
> all blood work and found nothing with him. They have him on
> valium, oxygen and and IV. So, I still don't know anything but
> that he took a drastic change for the worst. I was reading up
> on seizures in cats, and it said underlying conditions, tumors.
> I'm worried about him and just feel something is seriously wrong
> with him. One day he was find and the next he is worse........
> I'll keep you updated..
> Thanks for your support.

What did he act like when he was having seizures? I'm sorry that I
missed your original postings about your lil won. I took one of
mine to an emergency vet once because I thought she was having
seizures; she was just about 5 months old, and stood in the bathtub
and urinated down her leg and acted like she was in a trance.
Turned out she had gone into heat. She even peed on the vets table,
and I had all kinds of tests done, and when I got her home she was
fine. Then the howling and flirting with my older male began.

I hope your cat will be ok. Keep us posted please.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
November 24th 06, 06:45 AM
On Sat 18 Nov 2006 04:29:02p, Buddy's Mom wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ps.com>:

> Sounds like he has a blockage. I would take him to an emergency
> vet now.
>
> nldiggs99 wrote:
>> My cat has not ate for a few days, drinks water but then throws
>> up. My vet said to bring him in on monday. He did this same
>> thing back in June and they did blood tests, xrays everything
>> and found nothing wrong. Well, today

I had to go back and find the OP on this, and if the cat had the
same problem in June, and recovered on its own, and is now sick
again, I'd think it's something other than a simple obstruction. It
is recurring. So what can cause a recurrance? A tumor not removed
would only get worse if it's malignant. Hairballs? A passed
hairball would provide relief and recovery from the problem in
June. A new hairball could cause the problems now. I don't think
hairballs show up on xrays very well. I'd think the vet could feel
poo blocking up in the colon if theirs a hairball blocking the exit
of it.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
November 24th 06, 06:50 AM
On Fri 24 Nov 2006 01:45:16a, Cheryl wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>:

> I'd think the vet could feel
> poo blocking up in the colon if XtheirsX a hairball blocking the
> exit of it.
>

"there's". Ugh, one of my pet peeves is using the wrong form of one
of our words that sound the same, but has a different meaning. LOL
It's late.

--
Cheryl

Rhonda
November 24th 06, 06:56 AM
I'm sorry to hear that your cat is worse. I'm glad you've taken him to
the emergency vet though -- and I hope they can get to the bottom of it.

Let us know what you find out.

Rhonda


nldiggs99 via CatKB.com wrote:
> Well I have not such good news about my kitty. He was doing much better
> after the vet on monday, but today he was not as good then started going into
> seizures. I had to take him to the emergency vet and that is where he stilll
> is. They have done all blood work and found nothing with him. They have him
> on valium, oxygen and and IV. So, I still don't know anything but that he
> took a drastic change for the worst. I was reading up on seizures in cats,
> and it said underlying conditions, tumors. I'm worried about him and just
> feel something is seriously wrong with him.
> One day he was find and the next he is worse........
> I'll keep you updated..
> Thanks for your support.

Wayne Boatwright
November 24th 06, 06:56 AM
Oh pshaw, on Thu 23 Nov 2006 11:50:39p, Cheryl meant to say...

> On Fri 24 Nov 2006 01:45:16a, Cheryl wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> >:
>
>> I'd think the vet could feel
>> poo blocking up in the colon if XtheirsX a hairball blocking the
>> exit of it.
>>
>
> "there's". Ugh, one of my pet peeves is using the wrong form of one
> of our words that sound the same, but has a different meaning. LOL
> It's late.
>

And this isn't an English/spelling class. Don't give it a thought. You're
right, it's late. I need to go to bed.

--
Wayne Boatwright
__________________________________________________

Useless Invention: Solar powered night light.

Phil P.
November 24th 06, 01:46 PM
"nldiggs99 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Well I have not such good news about my kitty. He was doing much better
> after the vet on monday, but today he was not as good then started going
into
> seizures. I had to take him to the emergency vet and that is where he
stilll
> is. They have done all blood work and found nothing with him. They have
him
> on valium, oxygen and and IV. So, I still don't know anything but that he
> took a drastic change for the worst. I was reading up on seizures in
cats,
> and it said underlying conditions, tumors. I'm worried about him and just
> feel something is seriously wrong with him.
> One day he was find and the next he is worse........
> I'll keep you updated..
> Thanks for your support.

Was endotoxic shock ruled out?

nldiggs99 via CatKB.com
November 24th 06, 08:12 PM
Phil:
No endotoxic shock isn't ruled out, he is in the vets hands now and they are
going to try treatment for this. Basically, this is the last thing to try.
The rest of the things are not curable, talking like brain tumor and a
couple others. This morning I got more bad news on Kramer. He is blind
right now and they don't know if it will be permanant, he can't hear either.
I went to visit him and he did sense me there I'm pretty sure. The vet said
he hadn't been talking or nothing, and hissed at everyone that came near him,
but when I went in and pet his head he started to talk to me. I have been so
tore up with this, crying for about 4 hours now. The decision I have to face
if this next thing doesn't work. The toxcosis is our last hope, and still he
may never see again, and honestly what kind of life is this for a 2 year old
cat?

I was researching, have any of you heard of the Tidy Cat issue? The clay in
it and the case there was regarding it?

http://www.thelighthouseonline.com/articles/hornfeldt.html
here is the website regarding this.

I won't know nothing until tomorrow to see if any of the treatments for this
toxicosis is working.

Thanks for all your help everyone....


Phil P. wrote:
>> Well I have not such good news about my kitty. He was doing much better
>> after the vet on monday, but today he was not as good then started going into
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>> I'll keep you updated..
>> Thanks for your support.
>
>Was endotoxic shock ruled out?

--
Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200611/1

Rhonda
November 25th 06, 10:26 PM
How is your cat doing today? I hope things have turned around for him.

About the blindness, cats can cope very well. Cats don't realize they
have a disability and they do their best. We had a cat that went blind
in her old age and she found her way around the house and to the litter
box, even still played. Mary here has a young, blind cat who climbs cat
trees with her buddy, and just has a ball.

So please don't worry about that part of it, but I hope you found out
what was wrong.

I haven't heard of the tidy cat thing, so thanks for posting that.
That's pretty scary, I've got to check our litter.

Let us know what's happening,

Rhonda

nldiggs99 via CatKB.com wrote:
> Phil:
> No endotoxic shock isn't ruled out, he is in the vets hands now and they are
> going to try treatment for this. Basically, this is the last thing to try.
> The rest of the things are not curable, talking like brain tumor and a
> couple others. This morning I got more bad news on Kramer. He is blind
> right now and they don't know if it will be permanant, he can't hear either.
> I went to visit him and he did sense me there I'm pretty sure. The vet said
> he hadn't been talking or nothing, and hissed at everyone that came near him,
> but when I went in and pet his head he started to talk to me. I have been so
> tore up with this, crying for about 4 hours now. The decision I have to face
> if this next thing doesn't work. The toxcosis is our last hope, and still he
> may never see again, and honestly what kind of life is this for a 2 year old
> cat?
>
> I was researching, have any of you heard of the Tidy Cat issue? The clay in
> it and the case there was regarding it?
>
> http://www.thelighthouseonline.com/articles/hornfeldt.html
> here is the website regarding this.
>
> I won't know nothing until tomorrow to see if any of the treatments for this
> toxicosis is working.
>
> Thanks for all your help everyone....
>
>
> Phil P. wrote:
>
>>>Well I have not such good news about my kitty. He was doing much better
>>>after the vet on monday, but today he was not as good then started going into
>>
>>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>>
>>>I'll keep you updated..
>>>Thanks for your support.
>>
>>Was endotoxic shock ruled out?
>
>

nldiggs99 via CatKB.com
November 25th 06, 11:59 PM
Hi everyone:
I hate doing this, but I got more bad news today. I will have to let my
Kramer go. He isn't responding to the meds they were trying and he had a
grand mal seizure again this afternoon. The vet is not confident at all he
will ever get better. It's leaning to a brain mass, swelling of the brain,
anurism, any of these are just all terminal.

This is the hardest thing I've had to do in my life. My poor kitty is
terminally ill and I can't do anything about it.

Rhonda wrote:
>How is your cat doing today? I hope things have turned around for him.
>
>About the blindness, cats can cope very well. Cats don't realize they
>have a disability and they do their best. We had a cat that went blind
>in her old age and she found her way around the house and to the litter
>box, even still played. Mary here has a young, blind cat who climbs cat
>trees with her buddy, and just has a ball.
>
>So please don't worry about that part of it, but I hope you found out
>what was wrong.
>
>I haven't heard of the tidy cat thing, so thanks for posting that.
>That's pretty scary, I've got to check our litter.
>
>Let us know what's happening,
>
>Rhonda
>
>> Phil:
>> No endotoxic shock isn't ruled out, he is in the vets hands now and they are
>[quoted text clipped - 30 lines]
>>>
>>>Was endotoxic shock ruled out?

--
Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200611/1

Phil P.
November 26th 06, 12:29 AM
"nldiggs99 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi everyone:
> I hate doing this, but I got more bad news today. I will have to let my
> Kramer go. He isn't responding to the meds they were trying and he had a
> grand mal seizure again this afternoon. The vet is not confident at all
he
> will ever get better. It's leaning to a brain mass, swelling of the
brain,
> anurism, any of these are just all terminal.

Has the vet ruled out hepatic encephalopathy as a possible cause of the
seizures. Hepatic encephalopathy can be caused by a portosystemic shunt. Has
the color of Kramer's eyes changed to copper or gold?


> This is the hardest thing I've had to do in my life. My poor kitty is
> terminally ill and I can't do anything about it.

I don't think so- I think the vet is inept and is missing something. Do you
live near a veterinary college? If so, please get your cat into their
emergency clinic.

Best of luck,

Phil

Rhonda
November 26th 06, 08:37 AM
Very sad, I'm sorry he's worse.

Has your vet done tests to look at the brain? I didn't know aneurysms
could cause seizures, I know they cause strokes.

What do you think of this vet, do you trust him/her completely?

Hope Kramer surprises everyone and a miracle happens for him. If not, I
know you have tried very hard to help him.

Let us know how he's doing,

Rhonda

nldiggs99 via CatKB.com wrote:
> Hi everyone:
> I hate doing this, but I got more bad news today. I will have to let my
> Kramer go. He isn't responding to the meds they were trying and he had a
> grand mal seizure again this afternoon. The vet is not confident at all he
> will ever get better. It's leaning to a brain mass, swelling of the brain,
> anurism, any of these are just all terminal.
>
> This is the hardest thing I've had to do in my life. My poor kitty is
> terminally ill and I can't do anything about it.
>
> Rhonda wrote:
>
>>How is your cat doing today? I hope things have turned around for him.
>>
>>About the blindness, cats can cope very well. Cats don't realize they
>>have a disability and they do their best. We had a cat that went blind
>>in her old age and she found her way around the house and to the litter
>>box, even still played. Mary here has a young, blind cat who climbs cat
>>trees with her buddy, and just has a ball.
>>
>>So please don't worry about that part of it, but I hope you found out
>>what was wrong.
>>
>>I haven't heard of the tidy cat thing, so thanks for posting that.
>>That's pretty scary, I've got to check our litter.
>>
>>Let us know what's happening,
>>
>>Rhonda
>>
>>
>>>Phil:
>>>No endotoxic shock isn't ruled out, he is in the vets hands now and they are
>>
>>[quoted text clipped - 30 lines]
>>
>>>>Was endotoxic shock ruled out?
>>>
>

meeee
November 27th 06, 02:21 AM
Oh dear. I hope the vet can help you; keep us posted....best of luck to ou
both.

"nldiggs99 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Well I have not such good news about my kitty. He was doing much better
> after the vet on monday, but today he was not as good then started going
> into
> seizures. I had to take him to the emergency vet and that is where he
> stilll
> is. They have done all blood work and found nothing with him. They have
> him
> on valium, oxygen and and IV. So, I still don't know anything but that he
> took a drastic change for the worst. I was reading up on seizures in
> cats,
> and it said underlying conditions, tumors. I'm worried about him and just
> feel something is seriously wrong with him.
> One day he was find and the next he is worse........
> I'll keep you updated..
> Thanks for your support.
>
>
> Rhonda wrote:
>>Neva,
>>
>>Did they send the blood off for a full workup, checking all the organs,
>>etc?
>>
>>Rhonda
>>
>>> Hello everyone:
>>> Well I took my cat into my vet tonight. Still, they could not find a
>>> thing
>>[quoted text clipped - 44 lines]
>>>>
>>>>>Phil
>
> --
> Message posted via CatKB.com
> http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200611/1
>

nldiggs99 via CatKB.com
November 27th 06, 03:48 AM
Hello everyone and thank you all so much for your support listening to me
about Kramer.
Unfortunately, I had to let go of my kitty today. He had a grand mal seizure
last night or late yesterday and basically took the rest of his life. They
are pretty sure of a brain tumor, swelling of the brain, anurism. Friday he
at least could smell me and I knew he knew I was there. Today when I went in
he didn't even try to smell or get up or anything, it's like he had nothing
left. It's been a very tough 2-weeks and my kitty just has something really
wrong with him and he's gone to kitty heaven now. It was the worst decision
I've ever had to make, but he ended up blind, deaf and just nothing there, he
just looked so blank. I loved my kitty with all my heart, but didn't see a
need to keep him going especially with having seizures, they just were
hurting him worse. We would've done the neurologist if we thought it was
worth it, but honestly I think he really had a brain tumor, and it would
just of prolonged his pain.
Since it happened in May too, just not seizuring then this is why I feel
strongly that something was really wrong with him. His lil body just
couldn't handle it all anymore. Please say a prayer for him, I know I will
miss him with all my heart and it kills me inside to of had to let him go.

Thank you everyone

meeee wrote:
>Oh dear. I hope the vet can help you; keep us posted....best of luck to ou
>both.
>
>> Well I have not such good news about my kitty. He was doing much better
>> after the vet on monday, but today he was not as good then started going
>[quoted text clipped - 25 lines]
>>>>>
>>>>>>Phil

--
Message posted via http://www.catkb.com