PDA

View Full Version : Timid kitten question

The Other Mike
November 20th 06, 12:42 AM
Adopted a kitten (Timber) about 2 weeks ago (with another
one...different litter). Every time we approach Timber, he runs away.
When he's tired, we can approach him and he purrs...he also rubs
against us when we're sleeping and lays on my pillow. He also plays
all the time with the other kitten and will play with us with a string
or toys...but as soon as we reach for him, he darts away. Is this
just the way he is and will be forever or do cats like this eventually
come around? Any way to speed up the process of him trusting us or
is it just a time thing?

Matthew
November 20th 06, 12:57 AM
Sorry Mike all you can do is trick him with treats to get the furball used
to you

Some cats never warm up to people. My Rumble is going thru a phase he used
to love to be held but ever since his bout with going back and forth almost
every other day to the vets for his diabetes he does not want to be held.
Our limo is very shy about coming up to people only when she wants to
which is seldom

"The Other Mike" > wrote in message
> Adopted a kitten (Timber) about 2 weeks ago (with another
> one...different litter). Every time we approach Timber, he runs away.
> When he's tired, we can approach him and he purrs...he also rubs
> against us when we're sleeping and lays on my pillow. He also plays
> all the time with the other kitten and will play with us with a string
> or toys...but as soon as we reach for him, he darts away. Is this
> just the way he is and will be forever or do cats like this eventually
> come around? Any way to speed up the process of him trusting us or
> is it just a time thing?

Gail
November 20th 06, 01:08 AM
He may be more trusting with time and patience. Continue to engage him in
interactive games with you. Sit quietly by him when you feed him. It takes
time.
Gail