PDA

View Full Version : De-worming for cats

ilovecats
November 20th 06, 05:08 PM
Hi to u all!
I really love pets and I’ve being interested in animal all my life !
I have 2 dogs : T-bone & Rex and a cat for the last 2 years who’s name is Robert. lately Robert has been having worms, (is it possible that he got it from the neighbor’s dog or other dogs and cats???)
I want to the vet and he gave me some de-worming pills for him. I tried to crumble the tablet into his food but he notice it right away.
I tried wrapping it with some sausage but he refuse to swallow it .
I even tried using force but Robert kept scratching and twirling!!!
what can I do ??

kraut
November 20th 06, 06:37 PM
>Hi to u all!
>I really love pets and I’ve being interested in animal all my life !
>I have 2 dogs : T-bone & Rex and a cat for the last 2 years who’s name
>is Robert. lately Robert has been having worms, (is it possible that he
>got it from the neighbor’s dog or other dogs and cats???)
>I want to the vet and he gave me some de-worming pills for him. I
>tried to crumble the tablet into his food but he notice it right away.
>I tried wrapping it with some sausage but he refuse to swallow it .
>I even tried using force but Robert kept scratching and twirling!!!
>what can I do ??

Maybe you can get a liquid form of the meds. My vets gives a liquid
all preload in a syringe that I can use to treat mine at home. Most
worms are highly contagious. I would have your dogs checked also.