PDA

View Full Version : Blockage in my 2.5 YO big guy

ceb2
November 22nd 06, 02:21 AM
This sucks.

He's spending the night being catheterized at the vets. He's a very
large nuetered male. He may come home tomorrow with or w/o the
catheter. After this, we expect him to be either blockage free or at
least have the pressure in his bladder relieved. I guess if it doesn't
it may be back to square one. It's his (and our) first blockage. Not
really looking for advice here, just venting a little.

MoMo via CatKB.com
November 22nd 06, 02:54 AM
I just went through the same thing about 6 weeks ago. My little guy, 1 years
old, blocked. It was the first time that I have ever experienced this and I
am still going through it. Two weeks ago he had another urinalysis done and
he still had crystals and his urine still had a high ph (7.0) level, but, I
brought in a urine sample this weekend and the results were great. No
crystals and a normal ph level of 6.5. I say this just so you know it may
take a little bit for your little guy to get back to "normal". Make sure
that you get him on the presciption food and antiobiodics (Clavamox is the
med my guy was on). Also, he was not getting better for the first couple of
weeks after the blockage and my vet put a bit of steriod in the Clavamox and
that worked wonders! This morning was the last of the medication so now I
have to sit and watch to see what happens. Please keep me informed as to how
your guy is doing. Like I said, I am going through the same thing now and I
sympathize with you. Good luck and I hope all is well!