PDA

View Full Version : OT Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Matthew
November 23rd 06, 05:38 AM
I know I am early but I said it anyways.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
HOPE EVERYONE GETS STUFFED

Joy
November 23rd 06, 05:59 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
.. .
>I know I am early but I said it anyways.
>

> HAPPY THANKSGIVING
> HOPE EVERYONE GETS STUFFED

Um, Matthew, you might want to modify that. The word "stuffed" has an
entirely different meaning in Australia, so that your second line could be
construed as an insult, although I know you didn't mean it that way.

Joy

cybercat
November 23rd 06, 06:04 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
.. .
>I know I am early but I said it anyways.
>

> HAPPY THANKSGIVING
> HOPE EVERYONE GETS STUFFED

YOU TOO, Matthew! :D

This has got to be the best Thanksgiving ever ....

Matthew
November 23rd 06, 06:50 AM
"Joy" > wrote in message
> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>I know I am early but I said it anyways.
>>

>> HAPPY THANKSGIVING
>> HOPE EVERYONE GETS STUFFED
>
> Um, Matthew, you might want to modify that. The word "stuffed" has an
> entirely different meaning in Australia, so that your second line could be
> construed as an insult, although I know you didn't mean it that way.
>
> Joy

Get Stuffed means the same thing here but it has to be used in the phrase
go get stuffed

Joy
November 23rd 06, 09:16 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Joy" > wrote in message
>> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>> .. .
>>>I know I am early but I said it anyways.
>>>

>>> HAPPY THANKSGIVING
>>> HOPE EVERYONE GETS STUFFED
>>
>> Um, Matthew, you might want to modify that. The word "stuffed" has an
>> entirely different meaning in Australia, so that your second line could
>> be construed as an insult, although I know you didn't mean it that way.
>>
>> Joy
>

> Get Stuffed means the same thing here but it has to be used in the
> phrase go get stuffed

Okay.

Joy

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
November 23rd 06, 07:11 PM
Joy wrote:

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
> .. .
>
>>I know I am early but I said it anyways.
>>

>>HAPPY THANKSGIVING
>>HOPE EVERYONE GETS STUFFED
>

> Um, Matthew, you might want to modify that. The word "stuffed" has an
> entirely different meaning in Australia, so that your second line could be
> construed as an insult, although I know you didn't mean it that way.

Not just in Australia - the UK as well! (One of my favorite
"adopted" insults, when someone in the U.S. really ****es me
off.)

Eva Quesnell
November 23rd 06, 08:24 PM
On Thu, 23 Nov 2006, Matthew wrote:

> I know I am early but I said it anyways.
>

> HAPPY THANKSGIVING
> HOPE EVERYONE GETS STUFFED

I hope you all have a great thanksgiving, but I hope I don't get stuffed.
I'm determined not to do that this year. :)

Eva