PDA

View Full Version : Levi is growing up!

Lynne
November 26th 06, 01:12 AM
I just posted some photos of Levi here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it/Beasts

He's growing in a beautiful cat! And he *still* suckles on my lips. :)

--
Lynne

"Every once in a while, the tables are turned and we get to share our lives
with an animal who takes care of their human." - Tara, rpdb

cybercat
November 26th 06, 01:50 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
>I just posted some photos of Levi here:
> http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it/Beasts
>
> He's growing in a beautiful cat! And he *still* suckles on my lips. :)
>
> --

These are beautiful pictures! So clear and obviously taken at a fast
shutter speed, if I have my terms right. Just wonderful. Number 10
really kills me, your red kitty looks like he is singing! And Levi is a
truly beautiful cat. Thanks for posting these! Keep them coming!

And what kind of camera are you using, settings, too, if you are
willing! :)

Lynne
November 26th 06, 02:05 AM
on Sun, 26 Nov 2006 01:50:51 GMT, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> These are beautiful pictures! So clear and obviously taken at a fast
> shutter speed, if I have my terms right. Just wonderful. Number 10
> really kills me, your red kitty looks like he is singing! And Levi is a
> truly beautiful cat. Thanks for posting these! Keep them coming!

Aw, thanks! I have HUNDREDS of photos I wouldn't dare post because they
suck so badly, hehe. I used to be a newpaper photog and I would bulk
load B&W film and shoot dozens of shots for one or two good ones. I love
digital photography (and 1 GB memory cards) for that!

> And what kind of camera are you using, settings, too, if you are
> willing! :)

I used my Panasonic Lumix DMZ-FC5 camera for most of these shots (I have
3 digital cameras). I was surprised I opted for a cheap Panasonic
camera, but the reviews were good and I like this one a lot. It's a nice
small compact zoom and great for taking photos of rock climbers. For the
photos in the sun I used an ISO of 100, shutter speed of 1/400s and
aperture of f/4.0. This camera has all kinds of manual settings (and
automatic). You can also frame shots in case you screw up the settings.
The best part is that it has a feature which allows you to hold down the
shutter and shoot in rapid succession, which is how I got that one shot
of Levi yawning. It's really just interesting lighting, luck and a
halfway decent camera!

--
Lynne

"Every once in a while, the tables are turned and we get to share our
lives with an animal who takes care of their human." - Tara, rpdb

Lynne
November 26th 06, 02:40 AM
on Sun, 26 Nov 2006 01:50:51 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> And what kind of camera are you using, settings, too, if you are
> willing! :)

OOH! I just realized that if you click on the photo and then on "more
info" on the right, you can get the camera settings. I just started using
Picasaweb. That's pretty cool, especially considering the photos were
resized for web publishing.

--
Lynne

"Every once in a while, the tables are turned and we get to share our lives
with an animal who takes care of their human." - Tara, rpdb

Kitkat
November 26th 06, 07:15 AM
Lynne wrote:
> I just posted some photos of Levi here:
> http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it/Beasts
>
> He's growing in a beautiful cat! And he *still* suckles on my lips. :)

::::::MELT:::::::

dgk
November 27th 06, 01:53 PM
On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 19:12:23 -0600, Lynne
> wrote:

>I just posted some photos of Levi here:
>http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it/Beasts
>
>He's growing in a beautiful cat! And he *still* suckles on my lips. :)

I get an error when I click on that.

Lynne
November 27th 06, 02:49 PM
on Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:53:27 GMT, dgk > wrote:

> I get an error when I click on that.

oh sorry, I changed the album name which changed the link. It's now:

http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it/cats

--
Lynne

Eva Quesnell
November 27th 06, 09:48 PM
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Lynne wrote:

> oh sorry, I changed the album name which changed the link. It's now:
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it/cats
>
> --
> Lynne
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it/

Awww, he is beautiful! :) Love to see them happy and healthy!

Eva

meeee
November 27th 06, 09:55 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:53:27 GMT, dgk > wrote:
>
>> I get an error when I click on that.
>
> oh sorry, I changed the album name which changed the link. It's now:
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it/cats
>
> --
> Lynne
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it/

Awww I love his little tabby markings....

Lynne
November 27th 06, 10:07 PM
on Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:48:28 GMT, Eva Quesnell > wrote:

> Awww, he is beautiful! :) Love to see them happy and healthy!

it's hard to believe this is the same tiny kitten who came to me so sick
and who, after swalling the latex teat, worried me to death! He's still
getting very frequent herpes outbreaks, but so far, no sign of infection.
He's a great little guy. (I just pried him off my lip so I could type
this, hehe.)

--
Lynne