PDA

View Full Version : Cat attackes dogs

Wayne
November 26th 06, 04:12 PM
We have a cat that has a great personality and is friendly with people of
all ages except no dog can enter the house without being attacked.
This causes a problem since our grown up kids have dogs and can't bring them
when they visit.
In addition, we are missing out on someone to babysit the cat whenever we
travel.

Any suggestions?

Wayne

Matthew
November 26th 06, 04:57 PM
"Wayne" > wrote in message
> We have a cat that has a great personality and is friendly with people of
> all ages except no dog can enter the house without being attacked.
> This causes a problem since our grown up kids have dogs and can't bring
> them when they visit.
> In addition, we are missing out on someone to babysit the cat whenever we
> travel.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Wayne
A pet sitter or talk to your vet about boarding your cat

Pss some cats will never accept dogs 2 of mine would probably kill a dog

MaryL
November 26th 06, 05:17 PM
"Wayne" > wrote in message
> We have a cat that has a great personality and is friendly with people of
> all ages except no dog can enter the house without being attacked.
> This causes a problem since our grown up kids have dogs and can't bring
> them when they visit.
> In addition, we are missing out on someone to babysit the cat whenever we
> travel.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Wayne

It's territorial. You could do a slow introduction if the dogs lived there,
but it isn't practical for occasional visits. I suggest a pet sitter or
boarding for the dogs. This is your cat's home, so it is more reasonable to
make arrangements for the dogs than to displace your cat. As to your
arrangements when you travel, ask your vet and friends for recommendations
for a *good* (reliable) pet sitter. Your cat will be better off in his or
her own environment, and most pet sitters will also do other tasks for
you -- such as bring in the mail and papers, check the house for any
problems, etc.

MaryL