PDA

View Full Version : I have a kitten who is facinated with water and purposely tips the dogs water bowl over

lovemm
November 28th 06, 02:30 PM
My kitten, Sally Saucer likes to tip the dogs water bowl over. After
coming home several times to a soaked floor I finally caught her. She
stands on the edge of the bowl so that it tips then she watches the
water run and is transfixed by it's movement. When it stops running she
licks some of it up then forgets about it (until it is full again) and
goes off to get into other mischief. Today I'm going to purchase a
tip-proof water bowl.

cybercat
November 28th 06, 04:06 PM
"lovemm" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> My kitten, Sally Saucer likes to tip the dogs water bowl over. After
> coming home several times to a soaked floor I finally caught her. She
> stands on the edge of the bowl so that it tips then she watches the
> water run and is transfixed by it's movement. When it stops running she
> licks some of it up then forgets about it (until it is full again) and
> goes off to get into other mischief. Today I'm going to purchase a
> tip-proof water bowl.

This is really cute! Before you get a new bowl, I think we need a video.

:)

Spot
November 28th 06, 06:50 PM
Wait till she discovers the toilet bowl. My one is fascinated with the
water swirling in the bowl when you flush it.

Celeste

"lovemm" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> My kitten, Sally Saucer likes to tip the dogs water bowl over. After
> coming home several times to a soaked floor I finally caught her. She
> stands on the edge of the bowl so that it tips then she watches the
> water run and is transfixed by it's movement. When it stops running she
> licks some of it up then forgets about it (until it is full again) and
> goes off to get into other mischief. Today I'm going to purchase a
> tip-proof water bowl.

Eva Quesnell
November 28th 06, 07:15 PM
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, lovemm wrote:

> My kitten, Sally Saucer likes to tip the dogs water bowl over. After
> coming home several times to a soaked floor I finally caught her. She
> stands on the edge of the bowl so that it tips then she watches the
> water run and is transfixed by it's movement. When it stops running she
> licks some of it up then forgets about it (until it is full again) and
> goes off to get into other mischief. Today I'm going to purchase a
> tip-proof water bowl.

While you're out, you might think about buying a kitty fountain. :) They
love those things. They like the water to be moving as they drink.

Eva

Eva Quesnell
November 28th 06, 07:17 PM
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Spot wrote:

> Wait till she discovers the toilet bowl. My one is fascinated with the
> water swirling in the bowl when you flush it.
>
> Celeste

Have you seen the little video making the rounds on the internet? I got
it from somebody in e-mail. They called it "water bill." It's a video of
a cat repeatedly flushing the toilet so it can watch the water swirl
around the bowl. Very funny indeed. This cat probably flushes the toilet
10 times in a 3-minute video. :)

Eva

MoMo via CatKB.com
November 28th 06, 07:32 PM
And I thought I was the only one who had cats that loved water! One of my
guys, Jack, went through the same thing when he was little. Everytime I
would put water in his bowl (which was constantly of course) he would walk
right over, put his little paw on the edge of the bowl, and tip the water
bowl over. It got to the point that my floor started to warp from all of the
water. I eventually had to go out and get a heavy bowl that he was not able
to tip. But, then like someone else here said, he found the toilet bowl.
Now, everytime I flush the toilet, he comes running into the bathroom, puts
his two paws on the toilet seat and watches the water go round and round. I
should try and get a pic or video of that. It is adorable!

lovemm wrote:
>My kitten, Sally Saucer likes to tip the dogs water bowl over. After
>coming home several times to a soaked floor I finally caught her. She
>stands on the edge of the bowl so that it tips then she watches the
>water run and is transfixed by it's movement. When it stops running she
>licks some of it up then forgets about it (until it is full again) and
>goes off to get into other mischief. Today I'm going to purchase a
>tip-proof water bowl.

MoMo via CatKB.com
November 28th 06, 09:36 PM
Eva,

I found that video on YouTube. It is hysterical!! Here is the link for
others to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_v-AHCm7S0

MoMo wrote:
>And I thought I was the only one who had cats that loved water! One of my
>guys, Jack, went through the same thing when he was little. Everytime I
>would put water in his bowl (which was constantly of course) he would walk
>right over, put his little paw on the edge of the bowl, and tip the water
>bowl over. It got to the point that my floor started to warp from all of the
>water. I eventually had to go out and get a heavy bowl that he was not able
>to tip. But, then like someone else here said, he found the toilet bowl.
>Now, everytime I flush the toilet, he comes running into the bathroom, puts
>his two paws on the toilet seat and watches the water go round and round. I
>should try and get a pic or video of that. It is adorable!
>
>>My kitten, Sally Saucer likes to tip the dogs water bowl over. After
>>coming home several times to a soaked floor I finally caught her. She
>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>>goes off to get into other mischief. Today I'm going to purchase a
>>tip-proof water bowl.

Eva Quesnell
November 28th 06, 11:00 PM
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, MoMo via CatKB.com wrote:

> Eva,
>
> I found that video on YouTube. It is hysterical!! Here is the link for
> others to see:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_v-AHCm7S0

It is awfully cute, isn't it? I'm glad my cats haven't figured this out
yet. I always leave the lid shut, tho. As an aside, did you know that
bacteria "and stuff" come up out of the toilet when you flush with the lid
open? Eeeeek!

Eva

mlbriggs
November 28th 06, 11:49 PM
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 06:30:37 -0800, lovemm wrote:

> My kitten, Sally Saucer likes to tip the dogs water bowl over. After
> coming home several times to a soaked floor I finally caught her. She
> stands on the edge of the bowl so that it tips then she watches the
> water run and is transfixed by it's movement. When it stops running she
> licks some of it up then forgets about it (until it is full again) and
> goes off to get into other mischief. Today I'm going to purchase a
> tip-proof water bowl.

I have water bowls in both bathrooms and also a recirculating fountain on
the bathroom counter. I placed one bowl in the shower stall and the other
in the bathtub. If they get tipped or splashed, there is no problem. MLB

Lynne
November 29th 06, 01:02 AM
on Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:32:12 GMT, "MoMo via CatKB.com" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> he found the toilet bowl.
> Now, everytime I flush the toilet, he comes running into the bathroom,
> puts his two paws on the toilet seat and watches the water go round
> and round. I should try and get a pic or video of that. It is
> adorable!

Haha, Levi does the same thing! He gets up on the toilet seat though and
I'm certain he's going to fall in one day.

Speaking of which, a few months after bringing Rudy home, he hopped up on
the toilet one night, right when I stood up. We keep the lids closed when
we aren't using them, and boy did he get a rude awakening. Even worse, I
yanked him out, turned on the tub and rinsed the urine off of him. Poor
kitten didn't know what hit him. I was careful to avoid a repeat with Levi
but sometimes he reaches his paws in the toilet while it's flusing and
starts to teeter. Ack!

--
Lynne

Lynne
November 29th 06, 01:08 AM
on Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:36:27 GMT, "MoMo via CatKB.com" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Eva,
>
> I found that video on YouTube. It is hysterical!! Here is the link
> for others to see:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_v-AHCm7S0

That's HYSTERICAL!

--
Lynne

Spot
November 29th 06, 01:29 AM
My Meowzer would do that to. I came home one day to find my toilet running
and couldn't figure out how. About 3 hours later I heard this noise from
the bathroom it was him playing with the handle till he got it to flush.
He was one smart cat......:) I sure do miss him

Celeste

u...