PDA

View Full Version : kitten feeding

ruff via CatKB.com
November 28th 06, 06:57 PM
ruff's 3 kittens are thriving and FUN! 2 have started eating 'pablum'...blend
dry w/ cat milk. they're almost 6 wks and i've been giving them this once a
day for a week now. thing is, 'Duck' has no interest in food. they all still
nurse and he's as active and healthy as the other 2. he's kind of scrawny to
look at (also short hair compared to their long) yet weighs more than the
other 2. is he just not ready yet? i even put a little on my finger trying to
get him to take it, but zero interest. the other 2 practically knock me down
racing for the dish! any ideas? also: anyone know how much i should be giving
them? they finish the dish now (with mom's help!) and i don't want to give
them so much that it interferes with their nursing.
thanks!

Wendy
November 28th 06, 07:18 PM
Don't worry about giving them too much food. At this point they should be
nursing less and eating more if they are ready. As far as your reluctant one
let him nurse for as long as Mom will put up with it. I don't think it will
be much longer before he's chowing down with the others.

You might want to try offering them some canned kitten food. The canned food
might be more appealing to your reluctant one. If you have to you can mix
the kitten milk with the canned to thin it some but you might not have to.