PDA

View Full Version : I'd bet you haven't seen this before!

Phil P.
November 28th 06, 11:17 PM
I think they planned this:

http://maxshouse.com/catergy.htm

Matthew
November 28th 06, 11:30 PM
They are getting to know you trick to well Phil time to bring in some new
blood to help out ;-)

"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I think they planned this:
>
> http://maxshouse.com/catergy.htm

Annie Wxill
November 29th 06, 01:58 AM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I think they planned this:
> http://maxshouse.com/catergy.htm

Hi Phil,
LOL! I wouldn't put it past them to plan this. I hope they enjoyed the
food.

Annie

meeee
November 29th 06, 05:24 AM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I think they planned this:
>
> http://maxshouse.com/catergy.htm

That's incredible....cat teamwork!!

-L.
November 29th 06, 06:30 AM
Phil P. wrote:
> I think they planned this:
>
> http://maxshouse.com/catergy.htm

Hilarious! I am ****ing my pants!
-L.

Phil P.
November 29th 06, 03:05 PM
"Annie Wxill" > wrote in message

> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I think they planned this:
> > http://maxshouse.com/catergy.htm
> >
> Hi Phil,
> LOL! I wouldn't put it past them to plan this. I hope they enjoyed the
> food.
>
> Annie

If I didn't see this with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it. It sure looked
like they planned it. lol

There's a new cat and an intact female in the colony that we're trying to
trap. But the resident crew keeps eating the bait. If I were using a
livetrap- I would have trapped the same neutered cats over and over.

The new cat looks like he's in very good shape- so, he might be a dump and
already neutered, but I can't take any chances.

http://maxshouse.com/Feral/handsome-01.jpg
http://maxshouse.com/Feral/handsome-02.jpg

There's still one intact female that we haven't been able to trap. She gets
pregnant somewhere else and likes to have her kittens in one of the
buildings' boiler room near one of the colonies. She has the kittens in a
tiny totally inaccessible duct two stories from the ground. The engineer on
the midnight shift in the boiler room said he saw her walking across one of
the return pipes but disappeared.

We got one of kittens two weeks ago http://maxshouse.com/Feral/mommas+1.jpg
and two more yesterday

http://maxshouse.com/Feral/momms-2+3.jpg . Another one got away. I don't
know how many she had. I'm assuming at least 6.

The two were sleeping on the inside of a ledge just below a window. I have
no idea how they got there. The building is very old and built on a hill-
so, the window on the side where we caught the kittens is almost ground
level on the outside but inside, its >20 feet from the ground. Needless to
say I'm really worried about the kittens. The engineer said he hasn't seen
"Momma" in a few days. Maybe that's why the kittens came out. I didn't see
any early this morning. There are only a few places we're allowed to leave
food. Someone is eating it- I hope its the kittens. At least its very warm-
actually hot- in the boiler room.

Phil

Phil P.
November 29th 06, 03:08 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Phil P. wrote:
> > I think they planned this:
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/catergy.htm
>
> Hilarious! I am ****ing my pants!
> -L.

I was laughing so hard I forgot to change the camera settings- that's why
the exposure and colors are all screwed up.

Annie Wxill
November 30th 06, 04:06 AM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
...> The new cat looks like he's in very good shape- so, he might be a dump
and already neutered, but I can't take any chances.
....> There's still one intact female that we haven't been able to trap. ...
..> Phil

That new cat is handsome indeed! I hope you can get him.

That mama cat is one tricky gal. Are you taming the kittens you got?

I hope you can get the rest and that mama cat shows up, too (and not
pregnant again) and decides to take the bait.

Annie

Phil P.
December 1st 06, 04:34 PM
"Annie Wxill" > wrote in message

> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> ..> The new cat looks like he's in very good shape- so, he might be a dump
> and already neutered, but I can't take any chances.
> ...> There's still one intact female that we haven't been able to trap.
> .> Phil
> >
> That new cat is handsome indeed! I hope you can get him.
>
> That mama cat is one tricky gal.

She's trapwis. She saw the other 35 cats in the colony get trapped. I
don't think she's wise to a drop-trap yet. I'll find out soon enough.

>Are you taming the kittens you got?

Not me- I'm still working on the three September kittens:

http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/ccc-turbo.jpg

and the two 1 1/2 year-old "indoor ferals" that spent the their first year
of life alone in a basement and the next 7 months in a cage. I doubt any
one will adopt them, so, I'll probably keep these two.

http://maxshouse.com/Ours/Frank+Fan_scrat-rs.jpg

> I hope you can get the rest and that mama cat shows up, too (and not
> pregnant again) and decides to take the bait.

Thanks. I didn't see her or the kittens early this morning. I got there
about 6:30 and stayed until about 9:30. I'm a little worried. I'm going
back this afternoon and again tonight.

Phil

cybercat
December 1st 06, 06:55 PM
"Phil P." > wrote
> Not me- I'm still working on the three September kittens:
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/ccc-turbo.jpg

OH PHIL!! The one in the middle is my dream tabby! All red stripes. Is
he a boy??

I am so glad you and others as kind as you work to help these creatures.

Last night I talked to an asshole who will remain unnamed, but it no less
an asshole for that, who I have warned a million times to keep his cat
inside. Now she is pregnant, of course. When asked if he would spay
her after the litter, he replied, "I might, I might not."

When I objected, he said, "It's just a cat."

Which tells me I will not be speaking to this particular asshole again.

That comment makes him "just a" piece of **** in my book.

You're right, to some they will always just be "things," and these loser
mfs will always sneer at those of us who have enough character to feel
genuine caring and a sense of responsibility toward neglected, unwanted,
and abused animals.

Worst of all, this freak calls himself a Christian.

Best of all, I don't have to count on heaven or hell existing to see that he
gets his. His hell is here on earth. His very character is so low that he
lives
in filth and squalor, and instead of taking the steps it would take to get
out,
expends energy on advancing the argument that the rest of us are
"Materialistic."

I'll have a bad taste in my mouth the whole weekend.

-L.
December 2nd 06, 10:01 AM
cybercat wrote:

> I am so glad you and others as kind as you work to help these creatures.
>
> Last night I talked to an asshole who will remain unnamed, but it no less
> an asshole for that, who I have warned a million times to keep his cat
> inside. Now she is pregnant, of course. When asked if he would spay
> her after the litter, he replied, "I might, I might not."
>
> When I objected, he said, "It's just a cat."

Oh JFC!!!! Please do not tell me this is a cat we know. This makes
me sick.

> Which tells me I will not be speaking to this particular asshole again.
>
> That comment makes him "just a" piece of **** in my book.
>
> You're right, to some they will always just be "things," and these loser
> mfs will always sneer at those of us who have enough character to feel
> genuine caring and a sense of responsibility toward neglected, unwanted,
> and abused animals.
>
> Worst of all, this freak calls himself a Christian.

Which one - Jupiter or Lucy!?!?
Those cats GD well better not be PG!!!!!!!!

> Best of all, I don't have to count on heaven or hell existing to see that he
> gets his. His hell is here on earth. His very character is so low that he
> lives
> in filth and squalor, and instead of taking the steps it would take to get
> out,
> expends energy on advancing the argument that the rest of us are
> "Materialistic."
>
> I'll have a bad taste in my mouth the whole weekend.

If that ****er let his cat breed because he was too ****ing stupid to
keep it inside, I will have absolutley *NO* respect left for him.
None.

I swear to God the boy lacks ploidy.

-L.

Deborah Trujillo
December 2nd 06, 04:28 PM
I talked to the woman at the shelter last night who told me our area (Las
Vegas) has had a population explosion of kittens because people like this
"don't get around" to having their cat fixed. As a result, this shelter is
now having to turn people trying to rescue animals away because they are
already overfilled.

On 12/2/06 2:01 AM, in article
om, "-L."
> wrote:

> cybercat wrote:
>>
>> I am so glad you and others as kind as you work to help these creatures.
>>
>> Last night I talked to an asshole who will remain unnamed, but it no less
>> an asshole for that, who I have warned a million times to keep his cat
>> inside. Now she is pregnant, of course. When asked if he would spay
>> her after the litter, he replied, "I might, I might not."
>>
>> When I objected, he said, "It's just a cat."
>
> Oh JFC!!!! Please do not tell me this is a cat we know. This makes
> me sick.
>

>> Which tells me I will not be speaking to this particular asshole again.
>>
>> That comment makes him "just a" piece of **** in my book.
>>
>> You're right, to some they will always just be "things," and these loser
>> mfs will always sneer at those of us who have enough character to feel
>> genuine caring and a sense of responsibility toward neglected, unwanted,
>> and abused animals.
>>
>> Worst of all, this freak calls himself a Christian.
>
> Which one - Jupiter or Lucy!?!?
> Those cats GD well better not be PG!!!!!!!!
>

>> Best of all, I don't have to count on heaven or hell existing to see that he
>> gets his. His hell is here on earth. His very character is so low that he
>> lives
>> in filth and squalor, and instead of taking the steps it would take to get
>> out,
>> expends energy on advancing the argument that the rest of us are
>> "Materialistic."
>>
>> I'll have a bad taste in my mouth the whole weekend.
>
> If that ****er let his cat breed because he was too ****ing stupid to
> keep it inside, I will have absolutley *NO* respect left for him.
> None.
>
> I swear to God the boy lacks ploidy.
>
> -L.

-L.
December 2nd 06, 10:50 PM
Deborah Trujillo wrote:
> I talked to the woman at the shelter last night who told me our area (Las
> Vegas) has had a population explosion of kittens because people like this
> "don't get around" to having their cat fixed. As a result, this shelter is
> now having to turn people trying to rescue animals away because they are
> already overfilled.

When I worked at the HS in Indy, we would tell people that if they left
the animals they would be euthanized immediately because we had no
room. They left them anyway. People suck.

-L.

Phil P.
December 4th 06, 05:13 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Phil P." > wrote
> > Not me- I'm still working on the three September kittens:
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/ccc-turbo.jpg
> >

> OH PHIL!! The one in the middle is my dream tabby! All red stripes. Is
> he a boy??

No. She's a sweet little girl- Cricket. She was so frightened at first that
she would poop when I picked her up to medicate. lol Now she's a little
smoocher.

http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/cricket_0182.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/cricket-0241.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/cricketstretch-0101.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/cricket-evileye.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/cricket-roll5717.jpg

They all have peculiar black markings- especially her sister Chelsey. At
first I thought the marks were grease!

http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/chelsey-0106.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/chelseyspots-0021.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/chelseyspots-0022.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/chelseyspots-0023.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/chelseyspots-leg-001.jpg

Charlie is the only boy in the litter
http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/charlie-0253.jpg
http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/charlie-0241.jpg

and a nonstop purr machine http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/Charliepurr.wav

Sad story: their mother was hit by car right in front of them when they were
about 4 weeks old. They were on their own for about 3 weeks until we finally
got them. They marched right into the cage single file!

We finally caught "momma's" #5 tonight. The last of the litter. I thought
she might have had 6- but its only 5. She's a little shrewdy and a terror!
I still haven't seen "momma" in 2 days and nights.

http://maxshouse.com/Feral/mommas+5.jpg

We didn't see the new cat but we got the "Panther"!
http://maxshouse.com/Feral/panther.jpg We think he's the father of all the
kittens with any black markings- all the other black males were neutered
before the last few litters ber born. He really looks like a minature
panther, doesn't he?

> I am so glad you and others as kind as you work to help these creatures.

I'd be glad if the mindless idiots wouldn't keep dumping their cats and
allowing them to breed.

> Last night I talked to an asshole who will remain unnamed, but it no less
> an asshole for that, who I have warned a million times to keep his cat
> inside. Now she is pregnant, of course. When asked if he would spay
> her after the litter, he replied, "I might, I might not."
>
> When I objected, he said, "It's just a cat."
>
> Which tells me I will not be speaking to this particular asshole again.
>
> That comment makes him "just a" piece of **** in my book.

Ignorance is curable- but stupidity like that is terminal. Don't waste your
time on defective DNA like that.

Phil
--
For every animal that dies in a shelter,
someone, somewhere is responsible for the death.

Phil P.
December 4th 06, 05:14 AM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> When I worked at the HS in Indy, we would tell people that if they left
> the animals they would be euthanized immediately because we had no
> room. They left them anyway. People suck.

I never try to talk people into keeping a cat they bring in to surrender.
After the reasoning or guilt wears off, they'll dump the cat on the side of
the road somewhere so they don't have to listen to it again from another
shelter.

"You want to surrender your cat? Sign here". That's it.

CatNipped
December 4th 06, 09:48 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>>
>> I am so glad you and others as kind as you work to help these creatures.
>>
>> Last night I talked to an asshole who will remain unnamed, but it no less
>> an asshole for that, who I have warned a million times to keep his cat
>> inside. Now she is pregnant, of course. When asked if he would spay
>> her after the litter, he replied, "I might, I might not."
>>
>> When I objected, he said, "It's just a cat."
>
> Oh JFC!!!! Please do not tell me this is a cat we know. This makes
> me sick.
>

>> Which tells me I will not be speaking to this particular asshole again.
>>
>> That comment makes him "just a" piece of **** in my book.
>>
>> You're right, to some they will always just be "things," and these loser
>> mfs will always sneer at those of us who have enough character to feel
>> genuine caring and a sense of responsibility toward neglected, unwanted,
>> and abused animals.
>>
>> Worst of all, this freak calls himself a Christian.
>
> Which one - Jupiter or Lucy!?!?
> Those cats GD well better not be PG!!!!!!!!
>

>> Best of all, I don't have to count on heaven or hell existing to see that
>> he
>> gets his. His hell is here on earth. His very character is so low that he
>> lives
>> in filth and squalor, and instead of taking the steps it would take to
>> get
>> out,
>> expends energy on advancing the argument that the rest of us are
>> "Materialistic."
>>
>> I'll have a bad taste in my mouth the whole weekend.
>
> If that ****er let his cat breed because he was too ****ing stupid to
> keep it inside, I will have absolutley *NO* respect left for him.
> None.
>
> I swear to God the boy lacks ploidy.
>
> -L.

I just don't understand the reasoning (or lack thereof) of people who won't
get their pets desexed! The benefits are *SO* numerous, and *SO* obvious
that it takes a special kind of stupid to ignore them. There are low-cost
spay and neuter clinics in every city in the US, so money isn't an excuse
here either (and if you don't have $20 - $30 to get your pet desexed then
you might want to consider not having a pet - because gawd help the animal
if it gets sick or injured!!)

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped
December 4th 06, 09:49 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I think they planned this:
>
> http://maxshouse.com/catergy.htm

ROTFLMAOWTIME! Oh my Phil, looks like you've been out-foxed! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

Magic Mood JeepŠ
December 5th 06, 12:56 AM
In ,
CatNipped purred:
> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> I think they planned this:
>>
>> http://maxshouse.com/catergy.htm
>
> ROTFLMAOWTIME! Oh my Phil, looks like you've been out-foxed! ;>
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

No - he's been out--catted!

-L.
December 5th 06, 01:15 AM
CatNipped wrote:

> I just don't understand the reasoning (or lack thereof) of people who won't
> get their pets desexed!

Oh for him beer and cigarettes are more important.

The Asshole. Those cats deserve better.

-L.

CatNipped
December 5th 06, 01:31 AM
"Magic Mood JeepŠ" > wrote in message
> In ,
> CatNipped purred:
>> "Phil P." > wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>>
>>> I think they planned this:
>>>
>>> http://maxshouse.com/catergy.htm
>>
>> ROTFLMAOWTIME! Oh my Phil, looks like you've been out-foxed! ;>
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>
> No - he's been out--catted!

Yep, you're right - foxes have nothing on cats when it comes to being foxy!
;>

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped
December 5th 06, 02:31 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> CatNipped wrote:
>>
>> I just don't understand the reasoning (or lack thereof) of people who
>> won't
>> get their pets desexed!
>
> Oh for him beer and cigarettes are more important.

See, that's what I don't get. Say you're used to eating meat at every
meal - paying $3.00 for pork chops or steak. All you would have to do would
be to eat Raman noodles twice a day for six days instead, and there you have
the price of a spay or neuter! If that's too great a sacrifice to make for
a creature who depends on you for life and health, then *PLEASE* don't adopt
a pet! I never buy the "I'm too poor to get my pet fixed (or treated for
injury or illness)" excuse - you can always find the money by making just a
slight cut-back in some area of your normal life. When I find people making
excuses instead of making sacrifices I get fed up fairly quickly - if they
put half as much energy into finding a solution that would benefit their pet
as they do into inventing excuses, there wouldn't be a problem!

Hugs,

CatNipped

> The Asshole. Those cats deserve better.
>
> -L.

22brix
December 6th 06, 06:19 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Phil P." > wrote
>> > Not me- I'm still working on the three September kittens:
>> >
>> > http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/ccc-turbo.jpg
>> >

>> OH PHIL!! The one in the middle is my dream tabby! All red stripes. Is
>> he a boy??
>

> No. She's a sweet little girl- Cricket. She was so frightened at first
> that
> she would poop when I picked her up to medicate. lol Now she's a little
> smoocher.

She's gorgeous! I think I'm in love!

> They all have peculiar black markings- especially her sister Chelsey. At
> first I thought the marks were grease!

She's a beauty, too--unsual markings.

> Charlie is the only boy in the litter
> and a nonstop purr machine http://maxshouse.com/Fosters/Charliepurr.wav

My cat Tortle is staring with fascination and some horror at the
speaker--what monster could be purring so loudly AND WHERE IS IT?!

> We didn't see the new cat but we got the "Panther"!
> http://maxshouse.com/Feral/panther.jpg We think he's the father of all
> the
> kittens with any black markings- all the other black males were neutered
> before the last few litters ber born. He really looks like a minature
> panther, doesn't he?

He does--beautiful kitty! I love black cats--my black cat Gollum even walks
like a black panther, sinuous, sleek and glossy. He has huge golden eyes,
too.

>> I am so glad you and others as kind as you work to help these creatures.

Ditto. There are some lucky cats in your neck of the woods. Wish more
people cared as much.

> I'd be glad if the mindless idiots wouldn't keep dumping their cats and
> allowing them to breed.
>

> Ignorance is curable- but stupidity like that is terminal. Don't waste
> your
> time on defective DNA like that.
>
> Phil
> --
> For every animal that dies in a shelter,
> someone, somewhere is responsible for the death.

Stubborn stupidity is the worst.

Bonnie

cybercat
December 6th 06, 07:05 PM
"22brix" > wrote

>> Phil
>> --
>> For every animal that dies in a shelter,
>> someone, somewhere is responsible for the death.
>
> Stubborn stupidity is the worst.

Yes, Bonnie, it really is.