PDA

View Full Version : please help me, i think my kittens dieing

Luna
November 29th 06, 07:23 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this here but I think my
kitten is dieing. He's about 4 months and still a tinny thing. Someone
drooped him off at my house Shivering and half dead when he was barley off
his mothers milk. We fixed him up but his left eye has white haze on it, but
had never stopped him from playing with the other cats. I'd notice about 3
weeks ago that his lungs sound werid
I asked my mother if he was going to be all right but she blew me off.
Saying its the weather. Now He's Mewing in pain and can barley move without
falling over and crying on the floor. His breathing is Much worse and it
heart breaking. He still purrs when I pick him up but his breath smells like
blood. It has to be something Internal right?

I begged my mother to take him to the vet but we can't. Moneys so bad that
Christmas looks bleak. So I'm trying my best to help him here at home. I've
covered him up, I have a humidifier, and I've tried to make him as confutable
as posable, but it looks real bad.

I can't even take to a shelters their to full as it is. Please! if anyone
knows what's wrong or can help help me please!

Lynne
November 29th 06, 07:28 PM
on Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:23:18 GMT, "Luna" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this here but I think
> my kitten is dieing. He's about 4 months and still a tinny thing.
> Someone drooped him off at my house Shivering and half dead when he
> was barley off his mothers milk. We fixed him up but his left eye has
> white haze on it, but had never stopped him from playing with the
> other cats. I'd notice about 3 weeks ago that his lungs sound werid
> I asked my mother if he was going to be all right but she blew me
> off.
> Saying its the weather. Now He's Mewing in pain and can barley move
> without falling over and crying on the floor. His breathing is Much
> worse and it heart breaking. He still purrs when I pick him up but his
> breath smells like blood. It has to be something Internal right?
>
> I begged my mother to take him to the vet but we can't. Moneys so bad
> that Christmas looks bleak. So I'm trying my best to help him here at
> home. I've covered him up, I have a humidifier, and I've tried to make
> him as confutable as posable, but it looks real bad.
>
> I can't even take to a shelters their to full as it is. Please! if
> anyone knows what's wrong or can help help me please!

the kitten will probably die unless he sees a vet. Call around to the
local shelter and explain the situation. They may have one of their vets
examine and treat him at no charge.

--
Lynne

Lynne
November 29th 06, 07:29 PM
on Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:28:40 GMT, Lynne >
wrote:

> local shelter

that should be "local shelters." Try them all if you have to.

--
Lynne

Matthew
November 29th 06, 07:30 PM
Luna you need to get the cat to a vet there is no two ways about it.

Depending on where you are there are local and state places that can help.
The humane society is the first place to start they should know who is in
your area.

"Luna" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this here but I think my
> kitten is dieing. He's about 4 months and still a tinny thing. Someone
> drooped him off at my house Shivering and half dead when he was barley off
> his mothers milk. We fixed him up but his left eye has white haze on it,
> but
> had never stopped him from playing with the other cats. I'd notice about 3
> weeks ago that his lungs sound werid
> I asked my mother if he was going to be all right but she blew me off.
> Saying its the weather. Now He's Mewing in pain and can barley move
> without
> falling over and crying on the floor. His breathing is Much worse and it
> heart breaking. He still purrs when I pick him up but his breath smells
> like
> blood. It has to be something Internal right?
>
> I begged my mother to take him to the vet but we can't. Moneys so bad that
> Christmas looks bleak. So I'm trying my best to help him here at home.
> I've
> covered him up, I have a humidifier, and I've tried to make him as
> confutable
> as posable, but it looks real bad.
>
> I can't even take to a shelters their to full as it is. Please! if anyone
> knows what's wrong or can help help me please!

Phil P.
November 29th 06, 08:00 PM
"Luna" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this here but I think my
> kitten is dieing. He's about 4 months and still a tinny thing. Someone
> drooped him off at my house Shivering and half dead when he was barley off
> his mothers milk. We fixed him up but his left eye has white haze on it,
but
> had never stopped him from playing with the other cats. I'd notice about 3
> weeks ago that his lungs sound werid
> I asked my mother if he was going to be all right but she blew me off.
> Saying its the weather. Now He's Mewing in pain and can barley move
without
> falling over and crying on the floor. His breathing is Much worse and it
> heart breaking. He still purrs when I pick him up but his breath smells
like
> blood. It has to be something Internal right?
>
> I begged my mother to take him to the vet but we can't. Moneys so bad that
> Christmas looks bleak. So I'm trying my best to help him here at home.
I've
> covered him up, I have a humidifier, and I've tried to make him as
confutable
> as posable, but it looks real bad.
>
> I can't even take to a shelters their to full as it is. Please! if anyone
> knows what's wrong or can help help me please!

Please email me: topcatATmaxshouseDOTcom Use your working email address.

November 29th 06, 08:41 PM
Luna wrote:
> I'd notice about 3
> weeks ago that his lungs sound werid
> I asked my mother if he was going to be all right but she blew me off.
> Saying its the weather. Now He's Mewing in pain and can barley move without
> falling over and crying on the floor. His breathing is Much worse and it
> heart breaking. He still purrs when I pick him up but his breath smells like
> blood. It has to be something Internal right?

He needs to see a vet asap. I have fostered lots of kittens and this
sounds like pneumonia which would require antibiotics and fluids if he
is at the point of falling over, but honestly it could be something
else too, so this is all speculation. A humidifier is good but will
only alleviate the symptoms, not treat the cause. If you can't reach or
afford a vet, try getting help from a shelter (who might have a vet on
duty) or better yet from a local rescue (who might be able to help you
with inital vet treatment). Don't surrender him if you are talking to a
county shelter, they will likely put him down, just ask for treatment
help.

Please see a vet tonight,

Petra

November 29th 06, 08:42 PM
Luna wrote:
> I'd notice about 3
> weeks ago that his lungs sound werid
> I asked my mother if he was going to be all right but she blew me off.
> Saying its the weather. Now He's Mewing in pain and can barley move without
> falling over and crying on the floor. His breathing is Much worse and it
> heart breaking. He still purrs when I pick him up but his breath smells like
> blood. It has to be something Internal right?

He needs to see a vet asap. I have fostered lots of kittens and this
sounds like pneumonia which would require antibiotics and fluids if he
is at the point of falling over, but honestly it could be something
else too, so this is all speculation. A humidifier is good but will
only alleviate the symptoms, not treat the cause. If you can't reach or
afford a vet, try getting help from a shelter (who might have a vet on
duty) or better yet from a local rescue (who might be able to help you
with inital vet treatment). Don't surrender him if you are talking to a
county shelter, they will likely put him down, just ask for treatment
help.

Please go see a vet immediately,

Petra

cybercat
November 29th 06, 08:46 PM
"Luna" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this here but I think my
> kitten is dieing.

Your kitten will die.

Living things need medical care at times.

What exactly did you think people here would tell you?

Do me a favor and slap the crap out of your selfish mother.

And DON'T get any more cats.

cybercat
November 29th 06, 08:51 PM
"Luna" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this here but I think my
> kitten is dieing.

There's no kitten, good folks. This is "Luna's" first post to Usenet,
allegedly. Problem with that is, I recall that email address.

We get desperate posts very similar to this one every month or so. (Could be
Luna" is using x-no-archives?)

It's a pathetic little twollie who gets off on upsetting the dumb,
big-hearted cat lovers.

Oh, well, everyone needs a hobby.

I guess.

Catjoy via CatKB.com
November 29th 06, 08:56 PM
Luna,

I hope that you have emailed Phil at - he knows a lot
about cats, their care, and information on cat-related resources. I would
think to call your local Humane Society or shelters and explaining your
situation to them, but maybe Phil can offer better suggestions. Please give
us an update with what happens, we feel for you and hope you can save this
kitten!!

November 30th 06, 03:14 PM
"barb" > wrote in message
> Cybercat,
>
> You may be right. I noticed that Phil asked the poster to email him with
> the correct address. He doesn't usually do that.

You know I don't yell "troll" very often. But honestly, I know that voice.
That style of telling the long, miserable, "nothing anybody can do about it"
tale.

Lynne
November 30th 06, 03:20 PM
on Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:14:42 GMT, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> You know I don't yell "troll" very often. But honestly, I know that
> voice. That style of telling the long, miserable, "nothing anybody can
> do about it" tale.

This situation does sound an awful lot like the recent one we disagreed
over. Coincidence or troll... interesting.

--
Lynne

barb
November 30th 06, 03:47 PM
Cybercat,

You may be right. I noticed that Phil asked the poster to email him with
the correct address. He doesn't usually do that.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> There's no kitten, good folks. This is "Luna's" first post to Usenet,
> allegedly. Problem with that is, I recall that email address.
>
> We get desperate posts very similar to this one every month or so. (Could
be
> Luna" is using x-no-archives?)
>
> It's a pathetic little twollie who gets off on upsetting the dumb,
> big-hearted cat lovers.
>
> Oh, well, everyone needs a hobby.
>
> I guess.

Niel Humphreys
November 30th 06, 07:09 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "barb" > wrote in message
>> Cybercat,
>>
>> You may be right. I noticed that Phil asked the poster to email him with
>> the correct address. He doesn't usually do that.
>>

> You know I don't yell "troll" very often. But honestly, I know that voice.
> That style of telling the long, miserable, "nothing anybody can do about
> it" tale.

....and the same illiteracy which gave it away immediately to me.
--

Niel H

Wendy
November 30th 06, 09:59 PM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "barb" > wrote in message
>>> Cybercat,
>>>
>>> You may be right. I noticed that Phil asked the poster to email him
>>> with
>>> the correct address. He doesn't usually do that.
>>>

>> You know I don't yell "troll" very often. But honestly, I know that
>> voice. That style of telling the long, miserable, "nothing anybody can do
>> about it" tale.
>

> ...and the same illiteracy which gave it away immediately to me.
> --
>
> Niel H

Now that was at least amusing. I was having a good time picturing someone
drooping off the cat.

Catjoy via CatKB.com
December 1st 06, 04:36 PM
If the OP is a troll, man, I got suckered. I'm pretty new to this forum...
Can't imagine why they don't have better things to do. Guess that's why
they're trolls..

Wendy wrote:

>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>>
>> ...and the same illiteracy which gave it away immediately to me.
>
>Now that was at least amusing. I was having a good time picturing someone
>drooping off the cat.

December 1st 06, 06:47 PM
"Catjoy via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> If the OP is a troll, man, I got suckered. I'm pretty new to this
> forum...
> Can't imagine why they don't have better things to do. Guess that's why
> they're trolls..

This is a pretty good one. Covers his tracks, and writes like the kind of
illiterate
boob who would have a cat they could not afford to take to the vet. The dead
giveaway, and where the asshole gets his jollies is, you just KNOW the cat
is
going to die and there is no hope. That despair, created in those who love
these
little creatures, is what these little people are after.

It is good of you to err on the side of taking someone's word, actually.

What I hate more is when people yell "troll" at anyone they disagree with.

-L.
December 2nd 06, 10:06 AM
cybercat wrote:
> What I hate more is when people yell "troll" at anyone they disagree with.

That sort of silliness is not tolerated here. *That* group is
thataway---->

-L.