PDA

View Full Version : Feline Cushings

December 4th 06, 03:32 PM
Hi,
My cat has cushings disease. He is responding well to treatment. I was
wondering if there is anyone else out there dealing with this disease
and I wanted to know what kind of treatment you were pursuing.

Thanks
Michele

jmc
December 7th 06, 08:26 AM
Suddenly, without warning, exclaimed
(05-Dec-06 1:02 AM):
> Hi,
> My cat has cushings disease. He is responding well to treatment. I was
> wondering if there is anyone else out there dealing with this disease
> and I wanted to know what kind of treatment you were pursuing.
>
> Thanks
> Michele

I've never even heard of Cushings' in a cat. It's common enough in
horses, so if you have a small-animal vet without a lot of experience
with it, you might find a horse vet to give you some advice. The
treatments and outlook might be similar.

How do you know your cat has Cusings? In a horse, the noticeable signs
are usually a long, sometimes wavy coat that doesn't shed, and
oddly-placed fat deposits.

I found this: http://lbah.com/canine/cushings.htm and this:
http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB/Proceedings/PR05000/PR00106.htm

and this: