PDA

View Full Version : Third eye lid visible - lots of sneezing

Just Me
December 4th 06, 04:56 PM
Had kitty to vet last week for leukemia test and was negative. Got first
part of leukemia shot. He's been sneezing and his third eyelid is visible.
I never noticed that in the 8 years I've had him. His eyes don't look
healthy. He had diarrhea as did my other two kitties. I gave him deworming
pills. Any idea what it might be? He goes back to vet next week. I hate
to have part two of leukemia shot given when he's under the weather and yet
I hate to wait too long.

cybercat
December 4th 06, 05:48 PM
"Just Me" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Had kitty to vet last week for leukemia test and was negative. Got first
> part of leukemia shot. He's been sneezing and his third eyelid is
> visible.
> I never noticed that in the 8 years I've had him. His eyes don't look
> healthy. He had diarrhea as did my other two kitties. I gave him
> deworming
> pills. Any idea what it might be? He goes back to vet next week. I hate
> to have part two of leukemia shot given when he's under the weather and
> yet
> I hate to wait too long.

I know that shots make my girls feel under the weather for a few days, but
it's usually just warm noses and laying around EVEN more than usual, and
not eating much. Wonder if he picked up a UTI at the vet? If I were you I
might call the vet and describe the symptoms. You are giving them enough
business, they can advise you between visits. My vet has me give
Chlortrimton
for congestion and sneezing. 2 mgs every 12 hours. (Of course don't do this
without asking your vet.) Good luck.

Just Me
December 4th 06, 06:32 PM
I think I will switch vets. This one is a nightmare....she's sooooooo rude.
I only started going there cuz she's close to home. It's so unfortunate
when people are 'unapproachable' , especially someone who is in business and
should be professional.

"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Just Me" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > Had kitty to vet last week for leukemia test and was negative. Got
first
> > part of leukemia shot. He's been sneezing and his third eyelid is
> > visible.
> > I never noticed that in the 8 years I've had him. His eyes don't look
> > healthy. He had diarrhea as did my other two kitties. I gave him
> > deworming
> > pills. Any idea what it might be? He goes back to vet next week. I
hate
> > to have part two of leukemia shot given when he's under the weather and
> > yet
> > I hate to wait too long.
> >

> I know that shots make my girls feel under the weather for a few days, but
> it's usually just warm noses and laying around EVEN more than usual, and
> not eating much. Wonder if he picked up a UTI at the vet? If I were you I
> might call the vet and describe the symptoms. You are giving them enough
> business, they can advise you between visits. My vet has me give
> Chlortrimton
> for congestion and sneezing. 2 mgs every 12 hours. (Of course don't do
this
> without asking your vet.) Good luck.

December 4th 06, 07:30 PM
"Just Me" > wrote in message
ink.net...
>I think I will switch vets. This one is a nightmare....she's sooooooo
>rude.
> I only started going there cuz she's close to home. It's so unfortunate
> when people are 'unapproachable' , especially someone who is in business
> and
> should be professional.

Sounds like a good idea. I just switched both vets and doctors, and I am
really happy. If they (the doctors or their staff) make you feel
uncomfortable
in ANY way, I think it's time to shop around. Why not pay the same money
to someone who makes you feel good about your cat's care and your own?

Buddy's Mom
December 4th 06, 09:39 PM
In the meantime, I would call the vet who gave the shot and tell her
about the symptoms and see what she says. I wouldn't wait to treat
these symptoms.