PDA

View Full Version : GASP

2oz
December 7th 06, 01:59 AM
THEY'RE HERE! THE KITTENS ARE HERE TONIGHT

I came home from work, chatted with Lucy and started to look for
Jupiter.

I heard 3 or 4 Jupiters saying.. "meeee meeee meeee" lol

I had to find them! No, I hadn't made her a box yet... I had no idea
she was ready to give birth,
She crawled up in my box spring and had them... I haven't counted them
yet..
BUT I did peek in.. looks like mostly black.. but one had tabby stripes
on it's widdle weg..

oooo I can't wait!...

uh.. thanks for yall support

cybercat
December 7th 06, 02:08 AM
"2oz" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> THEY'RE HERE! THE KITTENS ARE HERE TONIGHT
>
> I came home from work, chatted with Lucy and started to look for
> Jupiter.
>
> I heard 3 or 4 Jupiters saying.. "meeee meeee meeee" lol
>
> I had to find them! No, I hadn't made her a box yet... I had no idea
> she was ready to give birth,
> She crawled up in my box spring and had them... I haven't counted them
> yet..
> BUT I did peek in.. looks like mostly black.. but one had tabby stripes
> on it's widdle weg..
>
> oooo I can't wait!...
>
> uh.. thanks for yall support

Is she finished having them? Have you seen her?

2oz
December 7th 06, 02:12 AM
cybercat wrote:

> Is she finished having them? Have you seen her?

uh.. good question.. she is probably finished.. she is not making any
noise herself
I can her the kittens sucking

I saw Jupiters face and feet... she's in the corner of the box spring..
sorta

the whole lot of them are in a hammock... between the box spring
joists...
something like that...
they look comfy enough for now

I wish Jupe would come out

there is no way I can get her some water.. I know she's tired as hell
but she'll be fine.. she's young.. she was pretty banked up on food
anyway

2oz
December 7th 06, 02:18 AM
2oz wrote:
> cybercat wrote:

> there is no way I can get her some water.. I know she's tired as hell
> but she'll be fine.. she's young.. she was pretty banked up on food
> anyway

on second thought, Ill slide her a little plastic lid of cool water
I can see her face... I could pull the lining off the box spring
and relocate the whole bunch

but I figured i'd wait till they all dried off...

how long before I can relocate them to a nice warm box
with food and water for Jupiter, that's what she needs

Matthew
December 7th 06, 02:26 AM
"2oz" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> 2oz wrote:
>> cybercat wrote:
>
>> there is no way I can get her some water.. I know she's tired as hell
>> but she'll be fine.. she's young.. she was pretty banked up on food
>> anyway
>
> on second thought, Ill slide her a little plastic lid of cool water
> I can see her face... I could pull the lining off the box spring
> and relocate the whole bunch
>
> but I figured i'd wait till they all dried off...
>
> how long before I can relocate them to a nice warm box
> with food and water for Jupiter, that's what she needs

DON"T TOUCH BARRY LET HER BE SHE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN IT IS OK

The new family should be left alone in warmth, quiet, and solitude. Constant
crying, kittens squirming around the nest box, and restlessness of the queen
are signs of trouble. Young kittens have a normal rectal temperature of
about 96°, which may rise to about 100° (35.5°C to about 38°C) during the
first week, after which the kittens develop the ability to shiver. Umbilical
cords drop off at two to three days, and ears and eyes open at around six to
twelve days.

http://www.maxshouse.com/kitten_care.htm#Newborn%20Kittens

That is from Phil's site READ IT NOW AND CALM DOWN WE ARE HERE FOR YOU

cybercat
December 7th 06, 02:27 AM
"2oz" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
>> Is she finished having them? Have you seen her?
>
> uh.. good question.. she is probably finished.. she is not making any
> noise herself
> I can her the kittens sucking
>
> I saw Jupiters face and feet... she's in the corner of the box spring..
> sorta
>
> the whole lot of them are in a hammock... between the box spring
> joists...
> something like that...
> they look comfy enough for now
>
> I wish Jupe would come out
>
> there is no way I can get her some water.. I know she's tired as hell
> but she'll be fine.. she's young.. she was pretty banked up on food
> anyway

She will let you know what she needs. I think she picked a great place to
have them! There close to where she feels safest.

Charlie Wilkes
December 7th 06, 02:27 AM
On 6 Dec 2006 17:59:20 -0800, "2oz" > wrote:

>THEY'RE HERE! THE KITTENS ARE HERE TONIGHT
>
>I came home from work, chatted with Lucy and started to look for
>Jupiter.
>
>I heard 3 or 4 Jupiters saying.. "meeee meeee meeee" lol
>
>I had to find them! No, I hadn't made her a box yet... I had no idea
>she was ready to give birth,
>She crawled up in my box spring and had them... I haven't counted them
>yet..
>BUT I did peek in.. looks like mostly black.. but one had tabby stripes
>on it's widdle weg..
>
>oooo I can't wait!...
>
>uh.. thanks for yall support

Congratulations, pops. Get your web site ready. I understand why
people are adamant about the need to spay/neuter, but I also think
sagas like this one are fun.

Charlie

cybercat
December 7th 06, 02:28 AM
"2oz" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> 2oz wrote:
>> cybercat wrote:
>
>> there is no way I can get her some water.. I know she's tired as hell
>> but she'll be fine.. she's young.. she was pretty banked up on food
>> anyway
>
> on second thought, Ill slide her a little plastic lid of cool water
> I can see her face... I could pull the lining off the box spring
> and relocate the whole bunch
>
> but I figured i'd wait till they all dried off...
>
> how long before I can relocate them to a nice warm box
> with food and water for Jupiter, that's what she needs

I don't know, babe. You need expert help right now and that is not
me. I think I would wait a while. Labor sometimes takes a long time,
and if you move her while she is still having them they can get hurt.

2oz
December 7th 06, 02:37 AM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:

> Congratulations, pops. Get your web site ready. I understand why
> people are adamant about the need to spay/neuter, but I also think
> sagas like this one are fun.
>
> Charlie

yeah, but as I say, overpopulation is a matter for the gov't not the
people
WE should take a deep breath, I have just relieved all of you from a
false
burdern.

This is very cool, I love it!

but look, I could easily transfer them from under the box spring...
into a box... without ever touching them...

I could easily cut a square... from around them (as they sit on the
underlining)
and transfer them.. without touching them

Im fixing to slide jupiter some water...

but Mat is right, I shouldn't bugar them up you know...
i used my cell phone glow to peek in on them
that way it's not a bright light.

cybercat
December 7th 06, 02:42 AM
"2oz" > wrote

> Im fixing to slide jupiter some water...
>
> but Mat is right, I shouldn't bugar them up you know...
> i used my cell phone glow to peek in on them
> that way it's not a bright light.

Yes, give them time. Your cat food was ordered today, but
will not ship until 3-5 days from their warehouse. Which means
it will be a week until you get it.

I just got the Nutro pregnant cat/kitten food and 24 cans of Ocean
Whitefish, the stuff you said they like.

I know you have plenty of food for them, but I bet Jupiter will eat a lot.

Terry
December 7th 06, 02:47 AM
Don't touch them. You can safely leave then where they are until morning,
and then maybe the mama will come out briefly and stretch her legs and get
some nutrition/water. I'd taken care of, and helped deliver kittens
before. I would leave them be. The mother knows what she is doing and went
to a place to have them where she felt it was safe, warm and a good first
home.

2oz
December 7th 06, 03:07 AM
Terry wrote:
I'd taken care of, and helped deliver kittens
> before. I would leave them be. The mother knows what she is doing and went
> to a place to have them where she felt it was safe, warm and a good first
> home.

ok, thanks.

now.. hmmm.. where will I sleep?

lol

WHERE AM I GONNA SLEEP

I don't wanna smush them... I guess it wouldn't if I laid on the other
side of the bed
put my head at the foot... yeah...they should be fine

I wants to wash and disenfect my box spring now...

I lifted propped the box spring up on that corner with a small sugar
bowl..
so any fluids can strain through the box spring lining.

Im just going to leave them alone...

I AM! IM GOING TO LEAVE THEM ALONE...

<sneaking off>

just kidding.. I will

Wendy
December 7th 06, 03:56 AM
"Terry" > wrote in message
> Don't touch them. You can safely leave then where they are until morning,
> and then maybe the mama will come out briefly and stretch her legs and get
> some nutrition/water. I'd taken care of, and helped deliver kittens
> before. I would leave them be. The mother knows what she is doing and
> went to a place to have them where she felt it was safe, warm and a good
> first home.

Why don't you want him to move them? If it were my box spring, the kittens
would be out of there and in a box with clean towels in the back of a closet
already. All he'd have to do is make sure to wash his hands well before
handling them and be really gentle when he moves them. His cat probably
won't protest as long as she sees he's being careful with her babies. Then
he can leave them be till they're older.

-L.
December 7th 06, 05:52 AM
2oz wrote:
> Charlie Wilkes wrote:
>
> > Congratulations, pops. Get your web site ready. I understand why
> > people are adamant about the need to spay/neuter, but I also think
> > sagas like this one are fun.
> >
> > Charlie
>
> yeah, but as I say, overpopulation is a matter for the gov't not the
> people
> WE should take a deep breath, I have just relieved all of you from a
> false
> burdern.

That is the most lame and ****ed-up excuse for shirking responsibility
I have *ever* read in my entire life.

You have got to be the stuidest ****er I have ever met.

-L.

-L.
December 7th 06, 05:53 AM
2oz wrote:
> Charlie Wilkes wrote:
>
> > Congratulations, pops. Get your web site ready. I understand why
> > people are adamant about the need to spay/neuter, but I also think
> > sagas like this one are fun.
> >
> > Charlie
>
> yeah, but as I say, overpopulation is a matter for the gov't not the
> people
> WE should take a deep breath, I have just relieved all of you from a
> false
> burdern.

That is the most lame and ****ed-up excuse for shirking responsibility
I have *ever* read in my entire life.

You have got to be the stupidest ****er I have ever met.

-L.

-L.
December 7th 06, 07:14 AM
2oz wrote:
> THEY'RE HERE! THE KITTENS ARE HERE TONIGHT
>
> I came home from work, chatted with Lucy and started to look for
> Jupiter.
>
> I heard 3 or 4 Jupiters saying.. "meeee meeee meeee" lol
>
> I had to find them! No, I hadn't made her a box yet... I had no idea
> she was ready to give birth,

Why does that not surprise me...

> She crawled up in my box spring and had them... I haven't counted them
> yet..
> BUT I did peek in.. looks like mostly black.. but one had tabby stripes
> on it's widdle weg..
>
> oooo I can't wait!...
>
> uh.. thanks for yall support

Barry is now chronicling a doomed litter of kittens. From conception,
to birth and every heartbreaking event from now on. You and I both know
what's next.

I've fostered litters and I'm sure many of you have too. They will
start to stink and he'll get tired of them and either turn them
outside, or if they're lucky, he'll take them to a shelter long before
they are old enough.

They'll never see a vet. Then the ones he does keep - if any - will
get knocked up and he'll start the same, ugly cycle again. All because
he thinks it's "cute" and full of "life".

Anyone have a puke bucket handy...?

-L.

Rhonda
December 7th 06, 08:51 AM
Wendy wrote:
> "Terry" > wrote in message
>
>>Don't touch them. You can safely leave then where they are until morning,
>>and then maybe the mama will come out briefly and stretch her legs and get
>>some nutrition/water. I'd taken care of, and helped deliver kittens
>>before. I would leave them be. The mother knows what she is doing and
>>went to a place to have them where she felt it was safe, warm and a good
>>first home.
>>

> Why don't you want him to move them? If it were my box spring, the kittens
> would be out of there and in a box with clean towels in the back of a closet
> already. All he'd have to do is make sure to wash his hands well before
> handling them and be really gentle when he moves them. His cat probably
> won't protest as long as she sees he's being careful with her babies. Then
> he can leave them be till they're older.

I agree, our cat allowed us to pick them up and help get them all comfy.
Heck, we even helped dry them off! She completely trusted us and she
had only lived with us for 2 weeks.

Cats have litters in strange places. We had the mom in one room and had
four comfy areas set up for her, and she had them between a box and a
wall where she could hardly lay down herself.

We got them settled into a safe place and then let them alone for awhile.

Rhonda

Wendy
December 7th 06, 11:26 AM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> Wendy wrote:
>> "Terry" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Don't touch them. You can safely leave then where they are until
>>>morning, and then maybe the mama will come out briefly and stretch her
>>>legs and get some nutrition/water. I'd taken care of, and helped
>>>deliver kittens before. I would leave them be. The mother knows what
>>>she is doing and went to a place to have them where she felt it was safe,
>>>warm and a good first home.
>>>

>> Why don't you want him to move them? If it were my box spring, the
>> kittens would be out of there and in a box with clean towels in the back
>> of a closet already. All he'd have to do is make sure to wash his hands
>> well before handling them and be really gentle when he moves them. His
>> cat probably won't protest as long as she sees he's being careful with
>> her babies. Then he can leave them be till they're older.
>
> I agree, our cat allowed us to pick them up and help get them all comfy.
> Heck, we even helped dry them off! She completely trusted us and she had
> only lived with us for 2 weeks.
>
> Cats have litters in strange places. We had the mom in one room and had
> four comfy areas set up for her, and she had them between a box and a wall
> where she could hardly lay down herself.
>
> We got them settled into a safe place and then let them alone for awhile.
>
> Rhonda

I handle all the kittens born here. I have to when I clean up the crate they
are living in. The one Mom had only been here two days before she had her
litter. As long as she didn't lose site of them she was fine with me picking
them up.

December 7th 06, 01:16 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> Wendy wrote:
>> "Terry" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Don't touch them. [...]

>> Why don't you want him to move them? If it were my box spring, the
>> kittens would be out of there and in a box with clean towels in the back
>> of a closet already. [...]

> I agree, our cat allowed us to pick them up and help get them all comfy.
> Heck, we even helped dry them off! She completely trusted us and she had
> only lived with us for 2 weeks.
>
> Cats have litters in strange places. We had the mom in one room and had
> four comfy areas set up for her, and she had them between a box and a wall
> where she could hardly lay down herself.
>
> We got them settled into a safe place and then let them alone for awhile.

Talked to Barry last night and read him Wendy's advice and last I heard he
intended to move them gently into a cozy box with some clean towels near
one of Jupiter's favorite spots. He still had not disturbed them at about
midnight, so he was not sure how many there were, but from eyeballing
the boxspring thought it looked like three or four. Which would be a lot
better than six! Jup was purring any time he even touched the boxspring,
so she appears to have come through labor just fine. I want to see them!!
Maybe we will get some pictures soon.

cybercat
December 7th 06, 01:48 PM
"Wendy" > wrote
> I handle all the kittens born here. I have to when I clean up the crate
> they are living in. The one Mom had only been here two days before she had
> her litter. As long as she didn't lose site of them she was fine with me
> picking them up.

I remembered that you had dealt with lots of kittens when I conveyed your
advice to Barry. He definitely intended to move them to a better spot last
night before he went to bed. His first instincts, at least in this case,
were
good.

Wendy
December 7th 06, 02:16 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Wendy" > wrote
>> I handle all the kittens born here. I have to when I clean up the crate
>> they are living in. The one Mom had only been here two days before she
>> had her litter. As long as she didn't lose site of them she was fine with
>> me picking them up.
>>

> I remembered that you had dealt with lots of kittens when I conveyed your
> advice to Barry. He definitely intended to move them to a better spot last
> night before he went to bed. His first instincts, at least in this case,
> were
> good.

Yea, lots of kittens. I went from having 3 foster to 15 last night. Got two
moms and their kittens. Both had 6 kittens but the one already had lost two
of them before we got her inside. The surviving kittens have respiratory
infections - not horrible but are doing a fair amount of sneezing. We think
her people moved away and left her behind.

-L.
December 7th 06, 04:54 PM
Wendy wrote:

> I handle all the kittens born here. I have to when I clean up the crate they
> are living in. The one Mom had only been here two days before she had her
> litter. As long as she didn't lose site of them she was fine with me picking
> them up.

When it's a first litter by a young Momma cat (like this one) sometimes
she will become really upset if you move them. I have never seen a cat
reject them but I have heard of Momma cats abandoning the nest after it
was moved.

IMO it's better to wait at least 48 hours after birth before you touch
them or move the nest. A lot of the time she will just move the nest
back to where she had them anyway.

-L.

cybercat
December 7th 06, 06:29 PM
"-L." > wrote

> IMO it's better to wait at least 48 hours after birth before you touch
> them or move the nest. A lot of the time she will just move the nest
> back to where she had them anyway.

I was worried, as was Barry, because they were in the box spring.
He could have tried to sleep on the corner of the bed, but if he
tossed and turned when he slept, he could have hurt or killed them.

mlbriggs
December 7th 06, 07:21 PM
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 08:16:58 -0500, cybercat wrote:

> "Rhonda" > wrote in message
>> Wendy wrote:

>>> Why don't you want him to move them? If it were my box spring, the
>>> kittens would be out of there and in a box with clean towels in the back
>>> of a closet already. [...]
>
>> I agree, our cat allowed us to pick them up and help get them all comfy.
>> Heck, we even helped dry them off! She completely trusted us and she had
>> only lived with us for 2 weeks.
>>
>> Cats have litters in strange places. We had the mom in one room and had
>> four comfy areas set up for her, and she had them between a box and a wall
>> where she could hardly lay down herself.
>>
>> We got them settled into a safe place and then let them alone for awhile.
>>

> Talked to Barry last night and read him Wendy's advice and last I heard he
> intended to move them gently into a cozy box with some clean towels near
> one of Jupiter's favorite spots. He still had not disturbed them at about
> midnight, so he was not sure how many there were, but from eyeballing
> the boxspring thought it looked like three or four. Which would be a lot
> better than six! Jup was purring any time he even touched the boxspring,
> so she appears to have come through labor just fine. I want to see them!!
> Maybe we will get some pictures soon.

I hope he slept on the couch or in a recliner. MLB

Wendy
December 7th 06, 07:32 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "-L." > wrote
>>
>> IMO it's better to wait at least 48 hours after birth before you touch
>> them or move the nest. A lot of the time she will just move the nest
>> back to where she had them anyway.
>

> I was worried, as was Barry, because they were in the box spring.
> He could have tried to sleep on the corner of the bed, but if he
> tossed and turned when he slept, he could have hurt or killed them.

That was my concern as well. If they had been somewhere he could seen them
and in a location where they could stay for a while I would have told him to
let her do her thing too. OTOH if you don't/can't see momma, you can't tell
if she's acting normally and there is always the risk that something isn't
as it should be - retained placenta or something like that.

That said, Barry shouldn't be alarmed by some slight bleeding for the next
few days to a week. As long as she's just spotting that's normal - another
good reason to get her out of the box spring. It could get a little ripe in
there in a short time.

Charlie Wilkes
December 7th 06, 07:38 PM
On 6 Dec 2006 18:37:20 -0800, "2oz" > wrote:

>Charlie Wilkes wrote:
>
>> Congratulations, pops. Get your web site ready. I understand why
>> people are adamant about the need to spay/neuter, but I also think
>> sagas like this one are fun.
>>
>> Charlie
>
>yeah, but as I say, overpopulation is a matter for the gov't not the
>people
>WE should take a deep breath, I have just relieved all of you from a
>false
>burdern.
>
>This is very cool, I love it!
>
>but look, I could easily transfer them from under the box spring...
>into a box... without ever touching them...
>
>I could easily cut a square... from around them (as they sit on the
>underlining)
>and transfer them.. without touching them
>
>Im fixing to slide jupiter some water...
>
>but Mat is right, I shouldn't bugar them up you know...
>i used my cell phone glow to peek in on them
>that way it's not a bright light.

Yeah. Give it a few days, or a couple of weeks... whatever. In no
time you will have photogenic kittens to stream on the Internet.

You will get laid out of this deal if you play your cards right.

Charlie

Charlie Wilkes
December 7th 06, 07:44 PM
On 6 Dec 2006 23:14:37 -0800, "-L." > wrote:

>2oz wrote:
>> THEY'RE HERE! THE KITTENS ARE HERE TONIGHT
>>
>> I came home from work, chatted with Lucy and started to look for
>> Jupiter.
>>
>> I heard 3 or 4 Jupiters saying.. "meeee meeee meeee" lol
>>
>> I had to find them! No, I hadn't made her a box yet... I had no idea
>> she was ready to give birth,
>
>Why does that not surprise me...
>

>> She crawled up in my box spring and had them... I haven't counted them
>> yet..
>> BUT I did peek in.. looks like mostly black.. but one had tabby stripes
>> on it's widdle weg..
>>
>> oooo I can't wait!...
>>
>> uh.. thanks for yall support
>
>Barry is now chronicling a doomed litter of kittens. From conception,
>to birth and every heartbreaking event from now on. You and I both know
>what's next.
>
>I've fostered litters and I'm sure many of you have too. They will
>start to stink and he'll get tired of them and either turn them
>outside, or if they're lucky, he'll take them to a shelter long before
>they are old enough.

Cheer up, Lyn. I think they might have pretty good prospects. This
group likes to have a project. Cybercat is already sending food.

Charlie

>They'll never see a vet. Then the ones he does keep - if any - will
>get knocked up and he'll start the same, ugly cycle again. All because
>he thinks it's "cute" and full of "life".
>
>Anyone have a puke bucket handy...?
>
>-L.

cybercat
December 7th 06, 07:54 PM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote :

> Cheer up, Lyn. I think they might have pretty good prospects. This
> group likes to have a project. Cybercat is already sending food.

I've sent Barry and his cats food on several occasions, this is nothing new.
What the hell, it'll be a double investment if the kittens get him laid. :D

cybercat
December 7th 06, 07:55 PM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote

> Cheer up, Lyn. I think they might have pretty good prospects.

How's Tweakers?

Matthew
December 7th 06, 07:58 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote :
>>
>> Cheer up, Lyn. I think they might have pretty good prospects. This
>> group likes to have a project. Cybercat is already sending food.
>>

> I've sent Barry and his cats food on several occasions, this is nothing
> new.
> What the hell, it'll be a double investment if the kittens get him laid.
> :D

Warn us next time you say something like that I am going to need a new
keyboard ;-)

< wiping a mess off the monitor and keyboard>

cybercat
December 7th 06, 08:10 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
.. .

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Charlie Wilkes" > wrote :
>>>
>>> Cheer up, Lyn. I think they might have pretty good prospects. This
>>> group likes to have a project. Cybercat is already sending food.
>>>

>> I've sent Barry and his cats food on several occasions, this is nothing
>> new.
>> What the hell, it'll be a double investment if the kittens get him laid.
>> :D
>

> Warn us next time you say something like that I am going to need a new
> keyboard ;-)
>
> < wiping a mess off the monitor and keyboard>

:D Charle Wilkes started it.

-L.
December 7th 06, 09:27 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "-L." > wrote
> >
> > IMO it's better to wait at least 48 hours after birth before you touch
> > them or move the nest. A lot of the time she will just move the nest
> > back to where she had them anyway.
>

> I was worried, as was Barry, because they were in the box spring.
> He could have tried to sleep on the corner of the bed, but if he
> tossed and turned when he slept, he could have hurt or killed them.

And God knows he doesn't have a couch he could sleep on...

-L.

Charlie Wilkes
December 7th 06, 11:51 PM
On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 14:55:14 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote
>>
>> Cheer up, Lyn. I think they might have pretty good prospects.
>
>How's Tweakers?

Tweaker seems to have recovered and is behaving normally. He is a
somewhat clingy pet, and I gather from my tenants that he became
agitated after I left, couldn't settle down etc. That may have
contributed to this problem somehow.

I was very concerned up until a few days ago, but now I'm pretty sure
he'll be fine.

Charlie

Charlie

Terry
December 7th 06, 11:53 PM
Where is the OP today? Hide nor hair of them.

cybercat
December 7th 06, 11:56 PM
"Terry" > wrote in message
> Where is the OP today? Hide nor hair of them.

Barry is working. Bet he comes on later to let us know how the babies are
doing. I sure hope he does.

2oz
December 8th 06, 01:32 AM
Wendy wrote:

> Why don't you want him to move them? If it were my box spring, the kittens
> would be out of there and in a box with clean towels in the back of a closet
> already. All he'd have to do is make sure to wash his hands well before
> handling them and be really gentle when he moves them. His cat probably
> won't protest as long as she sees he's being careful with her babies. Then
> he can leave them be till they're older.

the babies are fine.

Thanks, I took your advice, I moved them directly

it wasn't easy

my box.sp sets on a wooden cube.. sorta like a waterbed bottom with
drawers...

anyway.. i lifted the box.sp, and slid it to one side.. now the whole
package is in one nest... it was wet.. but it was warm.. almost just
damp.. she had them during the day.

the package was about 16"'s off the floor.. so I couldn't just cut them
out..
I happened to have a piece of steel... just a little bigger than the
mamma and her babies... cramped up in there.

laying on my back.. with one hand, i held the steel like a waiter holds
a tray..with just my fingertips for better balance.. with the other
hand I cut them out.. like I say..
I had about 16in of vertical space... I was laying on my side sorta...

it wasn't easy... really.. the platter arm was getting tired...
I didn't want to cut the babies...

anywho.. I pushed the tray against them as I made the final cuts...

Jupiter sat up... oh she was beautiful.. I could see her tiredness..
but she totally trusted me... she was pretty relaxed.

there are 7 kittens... black, grey and stipey..

one is solid black, one is solid grey, one is all tabby, one is just
striped on the legs...
that's all i remember right now.

I took them all over to their new home...
a steel box.. all sides are covered except a small hole in the front..
I gave them lambs wools for a bed

Jupiter took to the whole Idea like a charm

she went to cleaning herself and the babies.. right away

she had cleaned all the icky sights... but they were all still damp..
Jupiter was wet
bless her heart

within 20 mins.. she was out eating... and drinking... LIKE A CHAMP

now.. this morning.. Jupiter came out of her house, came into the
hallway...
stood in the door in the hall and geered at Lucy acroos the adjacent
room

Lucy was laying on the back of my overstuffed rump-sprung lazy boy (she
was up on the back of it)...

Jupiter sailed across the room and cursed Lucy out...

Lucy is a trip.. she's un-easy, and Jupiter shows no fear for Lucy

If the babies cry.. Jupiter goes running.. groaning as she goes..
bless her heart

Thanks again

2oz
December 8th 06, 01:37 AM
-L. wrote:

> That is the most lame and ****ed-up excuse for shirking responsibility
> I have *ever* read in my entire life.
>
> You have got to be the stupidest ****er I have ever met.
>
> -L.

are you done debreifing? or does this garbage fester in you
independently

I don't get it..
sometimes you are super congenial, I can actually see you smile through
your posts

Im not giving up on you

2oz
December 8th 06, 02:10 AM
Rhonda wrote:

> I agree, our cat allowed us to pick them up and help get them all comfy.
> Heck, we even helped dry them off! She completely trusted us and she
> had only lived with us for 2 weeks.

I wasn't sure if Jupiter would let me near her babies..
but.. at this point.. she thinks we are in this together.
she's real clingy. and I like that. I've talked all sorts of mush smack
to her.
I told her how beautiful her babies are, how pretty she is and so on.
I have also done the same for Lucy.

Them two got some issues.. I told Jupiter Lucy loves them babies...
I told Lucy.. Jupiter is just scared you're going to hurt the babies..
in a teaching way.

> Cats have litters in strange places. We had the mom in one room and had
> four comfy areas set up for her, and she had them between a box and a
> wall where she could hardly lay down herself.

I know this much! when you see they are pregnant.. MAKE A PLACE FOR
THEM.
by the time you see the pregnacy.. it is very very close. like a couple
of days.
I was shocked that I saw her pregnant.. then inside of 3 days she had
them
I kept saying.. within a week of so Ill make her a bed.. oh no... you
only have a few days.

2oz
December 8th 06, 02:12 AM
mlbriggs wrote:

> I hope he slept on the couch or in a recliner. MLB

I dont' have a couch, a couch will hurt you when you set down
ryhmes with ouch see.. couch

I do have a sofa cause it's just so for me.. sofa me

just kidding..! I have one chair, one bed, one lamp, one spoon.. (no
foolin)
and 7 computers.

I like to streamline

after I moved them to their new little home.. I slept in the bed.

uh.. no smells yet
Jupiter ate all the funky stuff

cybercat
December 8th 06, 02:24 AM
"2oz" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Wendy wrote:
>
>> Why don't you want him to move them? If it were my box spring, the
>> kittens
>> would be out of there and in a box with clean towels in the back of a
>> closet
>> already. All he'd have to do is make sure to wash his hands well before
>> handling them and be really gentle when he moves them. His cat probably
>> won't protest as long as she sees he's being careful with her babies.
>> Then
>> he can leave them be till they're older.

> the babies are fine.
>

> Thanks, I took your advice, I moved them directly
>
> it wasn't easy
>
> my box.sp sets on a wooden cube.. sorta like a waterbed bottom with
> drawers...
>
> anyway.. i lifted the box.sp, and slid it to one side.. now the whole
> package is in one nest... it was wet.. but it was warm.. almost just
> damp.. she had them during the day.
>
> the package was about 16"'s off the floor.. so I couldn't just cut them
> out..
> I happened to have a piece of steel... just a little bigger than the
> mamma and her babies... cramped up in there.
>
> laying on my back.. with one hand, i held the steel like a waiter holds
> a tray..with just my fingertips for better balance.. with the other
> hand I cut them out.. like I say..
> I had about 16in of vertical space... I was laying on my side sorta...
>
> it wasn't easy... really.. the platter arm was getting tired...
> I didn't want to cut the babies...
>
> anywho.. I pushed the tray against them as I made the final cuts...
>
> Jupiter sat up... oh she was beautiful.. I could see her tiredness..
> but she totally trusted me... she was pretty relaxed.
>
> there are 7 kittens... black, grey and stipey..
>
> one is solid black, one is solid grey, one is all tabby, one is just
> striped on the legs...
> that's all i remember right now.
>
> I took them all over to their new home...
> a steel box.. all sides are covered except a small hole in the front..
> I gave them lambs wools for a bed
>
> Jupiter took to the whole Idea like a charm
>
> she went to cleaning herself and the babies.. right away
>
> she had cleaned all the icky sights... but they were all still damp..
> Jupiter was wet
> bless her heart

[...]
> If the babies cry.. Jupiter goes running.. groaning as she goes..
> bless her heart
>
> Thanks again

oh, you did good. I know you're tired, but take some pitchers when you can.

SEVEN kittens, Barry this worries me because she just has six nipples. But
maybe what happened with the cat I fostered was a fluke. (For those of you
who
don't know, she abandoned one baby.)

cybercat
December 8th 06, 02:26 AM
"2oz" > wrote
> I was shocked that I saw her pregnant.. then inside of 3 days she had
> them
> I kept saying.. within a week of so Ill make her a bed.. oh no... you
> only have a few days.

It is not like that with all cats. My cat was HUGE for what seemed
like forever before she finally had her kittens. I hurt for her.

2oz
December 8th 06, 02:33 AM
cybercat wrote:

> oh, you did good. I know you're tired, but take some pitchers when you can.
>
> SEVEN kittens, Barry this worries me because she just has six nipples. But
> maybe what happened with the cat I fostered was a fluke. (For those of you
> who
> don't know, she abandoned one baby.)

fo real! yeah it's seven alright. I might look for that.. see if anyone
is getting slighted.

Im sure they'll be fine.. after I saw Jupiter sail across the room in
one leap ALL UP IN LUCY'S FACE... barking like a dog! Im sure dem
babies will find some nutritious tit.
Jupe is eating just fine

2oz
December 8th 06, 03:17 AM
-L. wrote:

> Barry is now chronicling a doomed litter of kittens. From conception,
> to birth and every heartbreaking event from now on. You and I both know
> what's next.
>
> I've fostered litters and I'm sure many of you have too. They will
> start to stink and he'll get tired of them and either turn them
> outside, or if they're lucky, he'll take them to a shelter long before
> they are old enough.
>
> They'll never see a vet. Then the ones he does keep - if any - will
> get knocked up and he'll start the same, ugly cycle again. All because
> he thinks it's "cute" and full of "life".
>
> Anyone have a puke bucket handy...?
>
> -L.

im just a target for you lenny, that's all. the subj is victim

you're like a drunk man

you stagger

you grope for expression

poor thing

Wendy
December 8th 06, 04:17 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "2oz" > wrote
>> I was shocked that I saw her pregnant.. then inside of 3 days she had
>> them
>> I kept saying.. within a week of so Ill make her a bed.. oh no... you
>> only have a few days.
>>

> It is not like that with all cats. My cat was HUGE for what seemed
> like forever before she finally had her kittens. I hurt for her.

Sounds like my foster cat, Patches. When she first came in off the streets
she was already huge. The vet said she was ready to pop then but it was 10
days before she had the kittens. She was pregnant with 7 though so they may
not have realized the litter was going to be that big.

http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/14147094/211632750.jpg

Wendy
December 8th 06, 04:21 AM
"2oz" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> the babies are fine.
>

> Thanks, I took your advice, I moved them directly
>
> it wasn't easy
>
> my box.sp sets on a wooden cube.. sorta like a waterbed bottom with
> drawers...
>
> anyway.. i lifted the box.sp, and slid it to one side.. now the whole
> package is in one nest... it was wet.. but it was warm.. almost just
> damp.. she had them during the day.
>
> the package was about 16"'s off the floor.. so I couldn't just cut them
> out..
> I happened to have a piece of steel... just a little bigger than the
> mamma and her babies... cramped up in there.
>
> laying on my back.. with one hand, i held the steel like a waiter holds
> a tray..with just my fingertips for better balance.. with the other
> hand I cut them out.. like I say..
> I had about 16in of vertical space... I was laying on my side sorta...
>
> it wasn't easy... really.. the platter arm was getting tired...
> I didn't want to cut the babies...
>
> anywho.. I pushed the tray against them as I made the final cuts...
>
> Jupiter sat up... oh she was beautiful.. I could see her tiredness..
> but she totally trusted me... she was pretty relaxed.
>
> there are 7 kittens... black, grey and stipey..
>
> one is solid black, one is solid grey, one is all tabby, one is just
> striped on the legs...
> that's all i remember right now.
>
> I took them all over to their new home...
> a steel box.. all sides are covered except a small hole in the front..
> I gave them lambs wools for a bed
>
> Jupiter took to the whole Idea like a charm
>
> she went to cleaning herself and the babies.. right away
>
> she had cleaned all the icky sights... but they were all still damp..
> Jupiter was wet
> bless her heart
>
> within 20 mins.. she was out eating... and drinking... LIKE A CHAMP
>
> now.. this morning.. Jupiter came out of her house, came into the
> hallway...
> stood in the door in the hall and geered at Lucy acroos the adjacent
> room
>
> Lucy was laying on the back of my overstuffed rump-sprung lazy boy (she
> was up on the back of it)...
>
> Jupiter sailed across the room and cursed Lucy out...
>
> Lucy is a trip.. she's un-easy, and Jupiter shows no fear for Lucy
>
> If the babies cry.. Jupiter goes running.. groaning as she goes..
> bless her heart
>
> Thanks again

Wow 7! That's a big litter particularly for her first, the little hussy

Wendy
December 8th 06, 04:22 AM
"2oz" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
>> oh, you did good. I know you're tired, but take some pitchers when you
>> can.
>>
>> SEVEN kittens, Barry this worries me because she just has six nipples.
>> But
>> maybe what happened with the cat I fostered was a fluke. (For those of
>> you
>> who
>> don't know, she abandoned one baby.)
>
> fo real! yeah it's seven alright. I might look for that.. see if anyone
> is getting slighted.
>
> Im sure they'll be fine.. after I saw Jupiter sail across the room in
> one leap ALL UP IN LUCY'S FACE... barking like a dog! Im sure dem
> babies will find some nutritious tit.
> Jupe is eating just fine

You're feeding her kitten food right? She's going to need all she can get to
take care of all of those babies.

meeee
December 8th 06, 08:29 AM
Hey barry...Congrats to Jupe on doing so well; she's done very well indeed
to have 7 healthy babies first go!! I know you have all the advice you need
from everyone here, but one small idea is that when the kittens get to one
week and they have all bonded happily to mum, remove the 5 biggest for an
hour or two every day, keep them warm and safe and out of hearing of Jupe or
she'll worry, and encourage her to feed the smallest two. She will miss them
and fret the first two or three times, but if you do this at the same time
every day she will quickly get used to the routine. As she trusts you with
her babies you should be able to do this. Just don't forget to put them back
:) This can mean the difference between life and death for the smaller
kittens. Best wishes

cybercat
December 8th 06, 11:00 AM
"Wendy" > wrote:>>

> Sounds like my foster cat, Patches. When she first came in off the streets
> she was already huge. The vet said she was ready to pop then but it was 10
> days before she had the kittens. She was pregnant with 7 though so they
> may not have realized the litter was going to be that big.
>
> http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL368/7336757/14147094/211632750.jpg

Oh my goodness, she was big! My girl, who lived to be 20, was not even
a year old judging by how much she grew after she had her babies, and
was a Houston stray, already pregnant when I adopted her. Looked at
head-on it was hard to imagine her being any bigger by the time the
gestation was finished. Every time she jumpd down from, say, the
couch or the bed, she made a little sound like it hurt. She was a beautiful
lilac-cream long-haired tortoiseshell, I had never seen a cat so pretty,
and she had the softest fur I have ever felt. She had four healthy
kittens, two orange boys, a black and white and a tortie darker
than herself. I flew the black and white ones to my mother and sister
in Maryland, and they both lived to be 18 or so. The boys were
given away. I spayed her right after that.

cybercat
December 8th 06, 11:03 AM
"Wendy" > wrote

> Wow 7! That's a big litter particularly for her first, the little hussy

Hahaha! Well, to his credit, Barry did manage to keep her in about
the first 20 times she went into heat. And from the sounds of it she
was yowling her head off and not letting him sleep, either.

cybercat
December 8th 06, 11:06 AM
"Wendy" > wrote
> You're feeding her kitten food right? She's going to need all she can get
> to take care of all of those babies.

He's got a ten-lb bag of Nutro kitten and pregnant/nusring
mama cat food on the way. Maybe in the mean time he can
get a box of kitten food at Kroger. I need to send some
canned kitten food from Petfooddirect too, but I wanted
to send the regular that Lucy and Jup like a lot first. (Barry
can buy his own cat food, but that is a big family.)

He should get non scoopable litter, right?

Wendy
December 8th 06, 11:37 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Wendy" > wrote
>> You're feeding her kitten food right? She's going to need all she can get
>> to take care of all of those babies.
>>

> He's got a ten-lb bag of Nutro kitten and pregnant/nusring
> mama cat food on the way. Maybe in the mean time he can
> get a box of kitten food at Kroger. I need to send some
> canned kitten food from Petfooddirect too, but I wanted
> to send the regular that Lucy and Jup like a lot first. (Barry
> can buy his own cat food, but that is a big family.)
>
> He should get non scoopable litter, right?

Yes. He might as well switch over to the clay now so he has it when the
kittens are old enough to start investigating the box. They will begin to
learn box etiquette at around 4 weeks.

2fingah
December 8th 06, 11:37 AM
cybercat wrote:

> Oh my goodness, she was big! My girl, who lived to be 20, was not even
> a year old judging by how much she grew after she had her babies, and
> was a Houston stray, already pregnant when I adopted her. Looked at
> head-on it was hard to imagine her being any bigger by the time the
> gestation was finished. Every time she jumpd down from, say, the
> couch or the bed, she made a little sound like it hurt. She was a beautiful
> lilac-cream long-haired tortoiseshell, I had never seen a cat so pretty,
> and she had the softest fur I have ever felt. She had four healthy
> kittens, two orange boys, a black and white and a tortie darker
> than herself. I flew the black and white ones to my mother and sister
> in Maryland, and they both lived to be 18 or so. The boys were
> given away. I spayed her right after that.

do you have any pitchers of her? she sounds nice and pretty

Thank you cybercat for the food, quite possibly an investment in your
future? heh, otherwise, thank you... I'll let you know the minute it
gets here. can't wait!

It just seems to me I should also get them (incl lucy) some SD... when
I bought it for Ruprecht, it looked and smelled healthy.

I can tell a huge difference tween crunchy and wet...
THEY BARELY DRINK ANY WATER on wet food
on an occassional small box of dry.. they drink lots of water.

Thanks baby

cybercat
December 8th 06, 01:47 PM
"2fingah" > wrote :

> do you have any pitchers of her? she sounds nice and pretty

Yes, I do, I will scan some and put them up. I really loved that
cat, though she was not wild about people. She let me hold her
in my arms two nights in her long life--the night my father died and
the night my mother died.

> Thank you cybercat for the food, quite possibly an investment in your
> future? heh, otherwise, thank you... I'll let you know the minute it
> gets here. can't wait!

You're welcome, honey. Next thing is the spay fund.

> It just seems to me I should also get them (incl lucy) some SD... when
> I bought it for Ruprecht, it looked and smelled healthy.

I have to say, that is all my 20-year-old ate for the last 15 years
of her life. She died with all of her teeth--just one small chip--
at age 20! And never a health problem of any kind. SD dry, just
the regular maintenance, had an oil, fishy something about it, and
the change in her litter box was amazing--much less and less stinky
poo.

Pop in at a Petsmart and see if SD makes kitten food, maybe?
Because Petfooddirect said yesterday that your food will leave
their warehouse "in three to five days," and they are in PA, so
that means you might see it in a week.

-L.
December 8th 06, 05:32 PM
2oz wrote:
> I know this much! when you see they are pregnant.. MAKE A PLACE FOR
> THEM.
> by the time you see the pregnacy.. it is very very close. like a couple
> of days.
> I was shocked that I saw her pregnant.. then inside of 3 days she had
> them
> I kept saying.. within a week of so Ill make her a bed.. oh no... you
> only have a few days.

Only if you are a ****ing idiot and don't notice that your cat is
eating more, gaining weight and acting differently. The signs of
pregnancy are easy to see, fairly early in the pregnancy.

-L.

-L.
December 8th 06, 05:45 PM
2oz wrote:

> there are 7 kittens... black, grey and stipey..

Oh, that's just great. Let's do the math, shall we, since we know you
aren't smart nor motivated enough to do it yourself....

Let's be conservative...she had 7 kittens, and cats have at least two
litters per year. Assuming you don't neuter them all before you
rehome them - which we know you won't do - let's be generous and say
that 4 of the 7 get neutered (We know it won't be this many, but hey -
I'm cutting him some slack). So that leaves 3 cats left to breed - two
litters a year with an average of 5 kittens per litter. That's 30 cats
produced the first year from Jup's kittens.

Let's be generous again and say half of those get neutered - so 15 more
cats left to breed, plus the 3 from the first year (assuming he DOES
get Jup spayed which is unlikely). So that's a total of 18 cats left
to breed the second year - two litters a year with an average of 5
kittens per litter. 180 cats bred the second year, alone.

Year 3 results in - 1,980 cats...

You see where this is going. It's not cute Barry, it's not funny and
it's sickening. You have two choices - take responsibility for what
you did, get Jup and ALL of her kittens neutered, or allow your mistake
to produce and KILL a lot of future cats.

Make amends for your ****-up Barry- just ONCE in your life. For the
sake of the cats.

-L.

December 8th 06, 06:13 PM
"-L." > wrote:

>Year 3 results in - 1,980 cats...

That's assuming they are all females.
-mhd

-L.
December 8th 06, 11:12 PM
wrote:
> "-L." > wrote:
>
> >Year 3 results in - 1,980 cats...
>
> That's assuming they are all females.
> -mhd

No, Dingleberry - male cats contribute to the cat over population
problem as well. Did you flunk Biology or something?

-L.

2fingah
December 9th 06, 12:10 AM
-L. wrote:
> 2oz wrote:
> >
> > there are 7 kittens... black, grey and stipey..
>
> Oh, that's just great. Let's do the math, shall we,

<-L. stomping her foot to count, (like a horse)>

why are you so negative

don't say, "cause you know what I will or won't do"

maybe I will get a windfall in this shadow town

you are... negative first and foremost
it's got to be tiresome for you

you are predictable

don't do no ****ing math on me bitch

you better get in there and balance that muther ****ing checkbook
before you have to hauk your **** on ebay

and kiss my black ass

the **** you think this is

-L.
December 9th 06, 12:22 AM
2fingah wrote:
> -L. wrote:
> > 2oz wrote:
> > >
> > > there are 7 kittens... black, grey and stipey..
> >
> > Oh, that's just great. Let's do the math, shall we,
>
> <-L. stomping her foot to count, (like a horse)>
>
> why are you so negative
>
> don't say, "cause you know what I will or won't do"
>
> maybe I will get a windfall in this shadow town
>
> you are... negative first and foremost
> it's got to be tiresome for you
>
> you are predictable

No, you are the one who is predictable. I knew this would happen back
when you first posted that you got female cats.

> don't do no ****ing math on me bitch
>
> you better get in there and balance that muther ****ing checkbook
> before you have to hauk your **** on ebay
>
> and kiss my black ass
>
> the **** you think this is

Neuter Jup and the kittens, Barry. It's the right thing to do. Start
saving your money now.

-L.

2fingah
December 9th 06, 12:26 AM
-L. wrote:

> Neuter Jup and the kittens, Barry. It's the right thing to do. Start
> saving your money now.
>
> -L.
im going to burn your ass
you're going to drop the ball
im going to be there
im going to burn your ass
HIDE AND WATCH

2fingah
December 9th 06, 12:37 AM
-L. wrote:

> Neuter Jup and the kittens, Barry. It's the right thing to do. Start
> saving your money now.
>
> -L.

the wringing of the nose brings blood
the forcing of wrath brings strife

thank GOD im not married to you

whew!

HALLELUJAH!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THANK YA JAYSUS

2fingah
December 9th 06, 12:39 AM
-L. wrote:

> Neuter Jup and the kittens, Barry. It's the right thing to do. Start
> saving your money now.
>
> -L.

WE NOT MARRIED
<IM DOING THE TWIST, watch me...>

oh yeah.. oop, let my backbone slip

we not married...

yeah yeah

come'on put your hands together...

mmm, a little soft shoe...

GO LYN GO LYN

December 9th 06, 02:03 AM
"-L." > wrote:

wrote:
>> "-L." > wrote:
>>
>> >Year 3 results in - 1,980 cats...
>>
>> That's assuming they are all females.
>> -mhd
>
>No, Dingleberry - male cats contribute to the cat over population
>problem as well. Did you flunk Biology or something?
>
>-L.

I knew that was going to be your knee jerk reaction.

Your figure (1,980) only apply to the quantity of females that you
used.

Males can impregnate many or none at all depending on circumstances,
but your finite sum that you thought demonstrated some mathematical
skill only applies to the control group you established i.e. X amount
of females per litter.

Throw some males into that how the hell do get 1980 cats?

-mhd

2fingah
December 9th 06, 02:45 AM
wrote:

> Your figure (1,980) only apply to the quantity of females that you
> used.

on the real tip
cats are not a nussiance not yet
not like that country who hired a bunch of mongooses to eat the snakes

2fingah
December 9th 06, 02:47 AM
cybercat wrote:

> You're welcome, honey. Next thing is the spay fund.

heaven belongs to you

> Pop in at a Petsmart and see if SD makes kitten food, maybe?
> Because Petfooddirect said yesterday that your food will leave
> their warehouse "in three to five days," and they are in PA, so
> that means you might see it in a week.

sounds like a plan

cybercat
December 9th 06, 03:07 AM
"2fingah" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
>> You're welcome, honey. Next thing is the spay fund.
>
> heaven belongs to you
>
>> Pop in at a Petsmart and see if SD makes kitten food, maybe?
>> Because Petfooddirect said yesterday that your food will leave
>> their warehouse "in three to five days," and they are in PA, so
>> that means you might see it in a week.
>
> sounds like a plan

So how are they? Are you busy and distracted now? I want to hear
more about them. There are seven of them! Two tabbies? And ...
what else?

2fingah
December 9th 06, 03:22 AM
cybercat wrote:

> So how are they? Are you busy and distracted now? I want to hear
> more about them. There are seven of them! Two tabbies? And ...
> what else?

just working on some Christmas music... got a few i've been writing
on..

ill go see.. i tell ya.. i keep thinking.. maybe there is 8.... nah..
they squirm around..

illi go see.. brb

NEVERMIND they're stacked up
you can only see three heads.. lmao
ill figure it out

Jupiter is being taxed... babies lined up pulling on her

earlier, one was flat on it's back.. still sucking the air..
it was asleep

Jupiter comes when I call her like a dog, she always comes when I call
her
I haven't tried to call her from her babies.. anyway... my point is,
her an me are close...

I wanna throw this in.... Jupiter won't let Lucy in the room, SO! Lucy
hid out in the back of the house where it's cold...a couple of hours
later, i was looking for Lucy, I found her hunkered down in the back
corner of the house.. OMG POOR THING

I threw her over my shoulder and took her to the heater...
she SHIVERED in intervals.. not a steady shiver.. but some other deeper
shake of the cold mechanism.. ever seen that? anyway.. I warmed her up
and hid her in my bed.. she loves it!

Last night, Lucy finally stopped being... scared of me.. Im not sure
what broke but she is
quite trusting of me...

Jupiter is tired I can tell.. but she's eating...

btw.. she pottied earlier it was just brown and runny... twice now...
i figure this is her body scrapping superflous womb fluids?...
nothing funky smelling.. IM sure it's normal.

abouti Lucy... I bet Lucy has never seen this before.. kittens and
defensive mothers
Jupiter is like a hawk.. she comes out of her palace carefully.. looks
for Lucy.. then goes to eat...

cybercat
December 9th 06, 03:36 AM
"2fingah" > wrote
> Last night, Lucy finally stopped being... scared of me.. Im not sure
> what broke but she is
> quite trusting of me...

That's good to hear.

When you are interested in the kittens again, enough to see how
many there really are and what colors they are, I am interested in
knowing.

Goodnight.

2fingah
December 9th 06, 03:39 AM
cybercat wrote:

> That's good to hear.
>
> When you are interested in the kittens again, enough to see how
> many there really are and what colors they are, I am interested in
> knowing.
>
> Goodnight.

far as me having the money to spay my cat? you don't have the money
either now do you?

but you have no problem spouting 'HE DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY"

BUT NEITHER DO YOU

SO..

NANCY DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY A SLICE OF CHEESE

cybercat
December 9th 06, 03:54 AM
"2fingah" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
>> That's good to hear.
>>
>> When you are interested in the kittens again, enough to see how
>> many there really are and what colors they are, I am interested in
>> knowing.
>>
>> Goodnight.
>
> far as me having the money to spay my cat? you don't have the money
> either now do you?
>
> but you have no problem spouting 'HE DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY"
>
> BUT NEITHER DO YOU
>
> SO..
>
> NANCY DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY A SLICE OF CHEESE

Barry. You said you have not had the money to get Jupiter spayed. ???

2fingah
December 9th 06, 03:55 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "2fingah" > wrote
> > Last night, Lucy finally stopped being... scared of me.. Im not sure
> > what broke but she is
> > quite trusting of me...
> >

> That's good to hear.
>
> When you are interested in the kittens again, enough to see how
> many there really are and what colors they are, I am interested in
> knowing.

it's going to be a while.. may as well forget about it for a long time
next time I handle a kitten? they will be coming to me...
im not fondling their nest! why? cause I want them to have all the
solitude and MOTHERLY protection i can afford. In this.. I am showing
respect to jupiter

this way, she won't **** on my bed to get even... or **** on my carpets
to get even.

Im showing respect.. that's why Jupiter is on me like fuzz on a sucker

I give her the same respect that I expect from her

cybercat
December 9th 06, 03:57 AM
"2fingah" > wrote in message
oups.com...

You posted LAST NIGHT that you had not over the course of a year had the
money to get Jupiter spayed, because you needed the money for other things.

So are you saying you DID and DO have the money?

I don't understand.

Gotta go. When you make up your mind, do let us all know.

I am so sorry for suggesting that you do not have the money to spay Jupiter
just because you SAID THAT YOU DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO SPAY HER.

Freak. And, you're right. I don't have the money for a piece of cheese. But
I sure had $50 to send you cat food, didn't I, BarryBigBalls.

You are the worst of the backwoods and the worst of the ghetto.

You disgust me.

cybercat
December 9th 06, 03:59 AM
"2fingah" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>> "2fingah" > wrote
>> > Last night, Lucy finally stopped being... scared of me.. Im not sure
>> > what broke but she is
>> > quite trusting of me...
>> >

>> That's good to hear.
>>
>> When you are interested in the kittens again, enough to see how
>> many there really are and what colors they are, I am interested in
>> knowing.
>
> it's going to be a while.. may as well forget about it for a long time
> next time I handle a kitten? they will be coming to me...
> im not fondling their nest! why? cause I want them to have all the
> solitude and MOTHERLY protection i can afford. In this.. I am showing
> respect to jupiter
>
> this way, she won't **** on my bed to get even... or **** on my carpets
> to get even.
>
> Im showing respect.. that's why Jupiter is on me like fuzz on a sucker
>
> I give her the same respect that I expect from her

Right. Freak.

2fingah
December 9th 06, 04:44 AM
cyber, I asked you not to send food

but... I know you enjoyed doing it.. so I didn't protest too loud..

I am gracious, I want you to enjoy what you want to enjoy

Jupiter will enjoy your gifts and Lucy too!

they love the snakes you sent.

I learned the trick about toy rubber snakes..

if you pick them up.. and rattle them.. the cats think they are alive
no really! they don't know it's you shaking it.. THEN! they want to
help you put it dowwwwnnnnn....

I love you cyber, you're so sweet, but hard to understand sometimes...
maybe I think too much, I don't know.

I don't wanna fight.

Im going back to my tunes, im rebuilding the studio from scratch.. it
takes about $25,000.00 of software to start with.. and another $25,000
in bells and whistles...
and it takes time to shuffle through all these CD's

If you can't send money.. send tobacco?
~George Washington

-L.
December 9th 06, 06:38 AM
2fingah wrote:
> I give her the same respect that I expect from her

If you respected her you'd get her spayed and keep her indoors away
from packs of dogs.

-L.

-L.
December 9th 06, 06:42 AM
wrote:

> I knew that was going to be your knee jerk reaction.
>
> Your figure (1,980) only apply to the quantity of females that you
> used.

You're not real bright, are you?

> Males can impregnate many or none at all depending on circumstances,
> but your finite sum that you thought demonstrated some mathematical
> skill only applies to the control group you established i.e. X amount
> of females per litter.
>
> Throw some males into that how the hell do get 1980 cats?

No, dumbass. Males can copulate multiple times per day and will as
long as a female - any female - is available. Males are more prolific
than females. Females in heat often will mate with more than one male
in a 24 hour period - almost every heat results in pregnancy if one or
more males is present. The numbers I quoted are the same regardless of
whether or not the cats are male or female because males are so much
more prolific; females can only have a maximum of 5 litters per year -
males can have literally hundreds. Remember, my numbers are extremely
conservative.

-L.

December 9th 06, 01:12 PM
I can't believe you lot-you had the neck to rip me to pieces, over a
single litter of kittens whom I care for,de-sex &vacinate-yet someone
that you obviously all know ,who doesn't take a great deal of
responsiblity for his cat's, you support wholeheartedly?!!!!I
appreciate that you are trying to help someone here who *ovbviously*
needs it. The phrase "you can take a horse to water,but you cant force
it drink".... comes to mind....
Do you all get a kick out of helping them that wont help
themselve's-yet rip people to pieces who come to you for genuine
advice??I'm gobsmacked!I was affraid to say exactlly what I thought,
but to hell with it-It needs saying!!"
I agree with you Lynne
meeee wrote:

> Hey barry...Congrats to Jupe on doing so well; she's done very well indeed
> to have 7 healthy babies first go!! I know you have all the advice you need
> from everyone here, but one small idea is that when the kittens get to one
> week and they have all bonded happily to mum, remove the 5 biggest for an
> hour or two every day, keep them warm and safe and out of hearing of Jupe or
> she'll worry, and encourage her to feed the smallest two. She will miss them
> and fret the first two or three times, but if you do this at the same time
> every day she will quickly get used to the routine. As she trusts you with
> her babies you should be able to do this. Just don't forget to put them back
> :) This can mean the difference between life and death for the smaller
> kittens. Best wishes

I can't believe you lot-you had the neck to rip me to pieces, over a
single litter of kittens whom I care for,de-sex &vacinate-yet someone
that you obviously all know ,who doesn't take a great deal of
responsiblity for his cat's, you support wholeheartedly?!!!!I
appreciate that you are trying to help someone here who *ovbviously*
needs it. The phrase "you can take a horse to water,but you cant force
it drink".... comes to mind....
Do you all get a kick out of helping them that wont help
themselve's-yet rip people to pieces who come to you for genuine
advice??I'm gobsmacked!I was affraid to say exactlly what I thought,
but to hell with it-It needs saying!!"
I agree with you Lynne

December 9th 06, 04:12 PM
"2fingah" > wrote:

>> Barry. You said you have not had the money to get Jupiter spayed. ???
>no.. it's not a priority and it's still not

Why not?
-mhd

cybercat
December 9th 06, 04:50 PM
> wrote in message
> "2fingah" > wrote:
>
>>> Barry. You said you have not had the money to get Jupiter spayed. ???
>>no.. it's not a priority and it's still not
>
> Why not?
> -mhd

He told me on the phone it is because she is "just a cat."

I can buy him all the cat food in the world and it will never change that
attitude. He's one of "those," masquerading as someone who genuinely cares
about his cats. Poor Jupiter and Lucy. No doubt he will be looking to unload
them whenever they become inconvenient.

I begged him to spay her or keep her in, and just got a raft of **** for my
troubles. Poor kittens.

Barry can make all the noise he wants, I have known him long enough to know
that Barry is the center of Barry's world. Nobody else--especially not "just
a cat"--could ever matter enough that he might sacrifice a few beers or a
computer part to help them. And yet, he's on the dole and always happy to
take a handout.

Ugh.

-L.
December 9th 06, 05:31 PM
wrote:
> I can't believe you lot-you had the neck to rip me to pieces, over a
> single litter of kittens whom I care for,de-sex &vacinate-yet someone
> that you obviously all know ,who doesn't take a great deal of
> responsiblity for his cat's, you support wholeheartedly?!!!!I
> appreciate that you are trying to help someone here who *ovbviously*
> needs it. The phrase "you can take a horse to water,but you cant force
> it drink".... comes to mind....
> Do you all get a kick out of helping them that wont help
> themselve's-yet rip people to pieces who come to you for genuine
> advice??I'm gobsmacked!I was affraid to say exactlly what I thought,
> but to hell with it-It needs saying!!"
> I agree with you Lynne

I hold everyone to the same level of accountability. You are in the
UK, right? You evidently don't have the same level of cat
overpopulation problem we have here. I don't understand your system
and so can't really comment on the wisdom - or lack there of - of
breeding a cat there. I *do* completely understand the problem here,
and in no way, shape or form would *ever* condone breeding of any sort
- purebred or moggie, back-yard or "professional", "friend" or not.
It is simply unconscionable and immoral to breed more cats in the US
while thousands of cats die daily for lack of homes. Period.

-L.

Rhonda
December 9th 06, 05:58 PM
wrote:
> I can't believe you lot-you had the neck to rip me to pieces, over a
> single litter of kittens whom I care for,de-sex &vacinate-yet someone
> that you obviously all know ,who doesn't take a great deal of
> responsiblity for his cat's, you support wholeheartedly?!!!!I
> appreciate that you are trying to help someone here who *ovbviously*
> needs it. The phrase "you can take a horse to water,but you cant force
> it drink".... comes to mind....

Sheelagh, I don't think many of us lot were supporting Barry
"wholeheartedly." Some of us were trying to help his cat and help keep
down the cat over-population. Cybercat WAS friends with Barry, who has
been on the group a long time, until his true attitude came out with
this mess.

> Do you all get a kick out of helping them that wont help
> themselve's-yet rip people to pieces who come to you for genuine
> advice??I'm gobsmacked!I was affraid to say exactlly what I thought,
> but to hell with it-It needs saying!!"
> I agree with you Lynne

You got ripped to shreds? I didn't read all of the posts. Were you the
one asking for advice about when to breed cats after ringworm?

You wandered into a newsgroup that is about pet cats, which normally
breeders would stay away from. Many people here have worked in animal
shelters or vet offices or just in general tried to deal with the
over-population problem. Breeding negates that work. You will find very
few people in a group like this that support breeding. One exception in
meeee below, who is a breeder.

There may be some newsgroups for breeders who can help you. Walking into
this group and asking for help with breeding would get the same reaction
as asking for help to declaw a cat.

Rhonda

> meeee wrote:
>
>>Hey barry...Congrats to Jupe on doing so well; she's done very well indeed
>>to have 7 healthy babies first go!! I know you have all the advice you need
>>from everyone here, but one small idea is that when the kittens get to one
>>week and they have all bonded happily to mum, remove the 5 biggest for an
>>hour or two every day, keep them warm and safe and out of hearing of Jupe or
>>she'll worry, and encourage her to feed the smallest two. She will miss them
>>and fret the first two or three times, but if you do this at the same time
>>every day she will quickly get used to the routine. As she trusts you with
>>her babies you should be able to do this. Just don't forget to put them back
>>:) This can mean the difference between life and death for the smaller
>>kittens. Best wishes

Rhonda
December 9th 06, 05:59 PM
cybercat wrote:
> > wrote in message

>>>no.. it's not a priority and it's still not
>>
>>Why not?
>>-mhd
>

> He told me on the phone it is because she is "just a cat."

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, I would have paid money to hear the conversation
after that...

Poor Jupiter. This will not be her last litter by a long shot. Is his
other female cat fixed, or when is she due?

Rhonda

December 9th 06, 06:06 PM
"cybercat" > wrote:

> wrote in message

>>>no.. it's not a priority and it's still not
>>
>> Why not?
>> -mhd
>
>He told me on the phone it is because she is "just a cat."
>
>I can buy him all the cat food in the world and it will never change that
>attitude. He's one of "those," masquerading as someone who genuinely cares
>about his cats. Poor Jupiter and Lucy. No doubt he will be looking to unload
>them whenever they become inconvenient.
>
>I begged him to spay her or keep her in, and just got a raft of **** for my
>troubles. Poor kittens.
>
>Barry can make all the noise he wants, I have known him long enough to know
>that Barry is the center of Barry's world. Nobody else--especially not "just
>a cat"--could ever matter enough that he might sacrifice a few beers or a
>computer part to help them. And yet, he's on the dole and always happy to
>take a handout.
>
>Ugh.

My initial impression when he first showed up was that he was a cat
advocate and really loved his cats but I guess I misread him. Even
Barry has to see an upside to neutering his colony (which he now has).

-mhd

cybercat
December 9th 06, 06:28 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote :

> Is his other female cat fixed, or when is she due?

Lucille is fixed because Barry adopted her that way,
when she was seven years old, about a year ago. She
had somehow had her leg broken, and her previous
owners got her proper vet care for that, but then
decided they did not want her. Lucy was adopted
first, then Jupiter, and they were getting along but
now Jupiter is being combative due to the kittens.
Very sad for Lucy.

December 9th 06, 06:36 PM
> wrote in message
> "cybercat" > wrote:
>

> wrote in message

>>> Why not?
>>> -mhd
>>
>>He told me on the phone it is because she is "just a cat."
>>
>>I can buy him all the cat food in the world and it will never change that
>>attitude. He's one of "those," masquerading as someone who genuinely cares
>>about his cats. Poor Jupiter and Lucy. No doubt he will be looking to
>>unload
>>them whenever they become inconvenient.
>>
>>I begged him to spay her or keep her in, and just got a raft of **** for
>>my
>>troubles. Poor kittens.
>>
>>Barry can make all the noise he wants, I have known him long enough to
>>know
>>that Barry is the center of Barry's world. Nobody else--especially not
>>"just
>>a cat"--could ever matter enough that he might sacrifice a few beers or a
>>computer part to help them. And yet, he's on the dole and always happy to
>>take a handout.
>>
>>Ugh.
>>

> My initial impression when he first showed up was that he was a cat
> advocate and really loved his cats but I guess I misread him. Even
> Barry has to see an upside to neutering his colony (which he now has).

He does. The downside for him is that he would rather spend his money on
something else. Barry loves things and people other than Barry until they
become inconvenient.

Here's the game: when people say he is irresponsible, he claims you didn't
have the MEANS to do the right thing.

But then if one of the people he used this on has the gall to say "He does
not have the money for ____," Barry gets offended and turns into Barry Big
Balls
to protect his overblown and sadly fragile ego, "No money? I have plenty of
money,
YOU don't have any damn money," he wrote to me in this group last night,
after
I had of course put in a nice Petfooddirect order for him for 10 lbs of
kitten food
and 24 5.5 oz cans of cat food. "I just chose not to use the money for
that," says
Barry. Who then gets to be the Big Man Who Has More Than Enough Money,
and somehow at the same time the Poor Boy Who Can Barely Afford Gas for
his Truck Which Is His Livelyhood.

And then of course, he will repeat the cycle. Claiming to be poor, then
getting
offended if you suggest he does not have enough money.

I have been dealing with this **** for over a year, I should have a f-ing
PhD
in it. And that, my friend, is the end of my interest in this freak, who can
be
quite charming. Charlie Wilkes calls it his "schtick."

I have no regrets about sending cat food and cat toys etc. Hell, I always
give the little
bit of extra money away to somebody, anyway. People like Barry see people
like
me coming. He has made something of a career of it. :)

The really cool thing? The more I give away the more seems to come to me out
of
nowhere. There's a system out there in the ether, I swear it!

Luna's Mom
December 9th 06, 08:04 PM
cybercat wrote:
> > wrote in message

>>>He told me on the phone it is because she is "just a cat."
>>>
>>>I can buy him all the cat food in the world and it will never change that
>>>attitude. He's one of "those," masquerading as someone who genuinely cares
>>>about his cats. Poor Jupiter and Lucy. No doubt he will be looking to
>>>unload
>>>them whenever they become inconvenient.
>>>
>>>I begged him to spay her or keep her in, and just got a raft of **** for
>>>my
>>>troubles. Poor kittens.
>>>
>>>Barry can make all the noise he wants, I have known him long enough to
>>>know
>>>that Barry is the center of Barry's world. Nobody else--especially not
>>>"just
>>>a cat"--could ever matter enough that he might sacrifice a few beers or a
>>>computer part to help them. And yet, he's on the dole and always happy to
>>>take a handout.
>>>
>>>Ugh.
>>>

>>My initial impression when he first showed up was that he was a cat
>>advocate and really loved his cats but I guess I misread him. Even
>>Barry has to see an upside to neutering his colony (which he now has).
>>

> He does. The downside for him is that he would rather spend his money on
> something else. Barry loves things and people other than Barry until they
> become inconvenient.
>
> Here's the game: when people say he is irresponsible, he claims you didn't
> have the MEANS to do the right thing.
>
> But then if one of the people he used this on has the gall to say "He does
> not have the money for ____," Barry gets offended and turns into Barry Big
> Balls
> to protect his overblown and sadly fragile ego, "No money? I have plenty of
> money,
> YOU don't have any damn money," he wrote to me in this group last night,
> after
> I had of course put in a nice Petfooddirect order for him for 10 lbs of
> kitten food
> and 24 5.5 oz cans of cat food. "I just chose not to use the money for
> that," says
> Barry. Who then gets to be the Big Man Who Has More Than Enough Money,
> and somehow at the same time the Poor Boy Who Can Barely Afford Gas for
> his Truck Which Is His Livelyhood.
>
> And then of course, he will repeat the cycle. Claiming to be poor, then
> getting
> offended if you suggest he does not have enough money.
>
> I have been dealing with this **** for over a year, I should have a f-ing
> PhD
> in it. And that, my friend, is the end of my interest in this freak, who can
> be
> quite charming. Charlie Wilkes calls it his "schtick."

shtick means ****, but contextually it means "routine". Thanks to
Yiddish for one of my favorite words!

December 9th 06, 08:35 PM
"cybercat" > wrote:

> wrote in message

>> My initial impression when he first showed up was that he was a cat
>> advocate and really loved his cats but I guess I misread him. Even
>> Barry has to see an upside to neutering his colony (which he now has).
>>
>He does. The downside for him is that he would rather spend his money on
>something else. Barry loves things and people other than Barry until they
>become inconvenient.

snip

>I had of course put in a nice Petfooddirect order for him for 10 lbs
>of kitten food and 24 5.5 oz cans of cat food. "I just chose not to
>use the money for that," says Barry.

>I have no regrets about sending cat food and cat toys etc. Hell, I
>always give the little bit of extra money away to somebody, anyway.
>People like Barry see people like me coming. He has made something of
>a career of it. :)

>The really cool thing? The more I give away the more seems to come to
>me out of nowhere. There's a system out there in the ether, I swear
>it!

At least by sending product you just know the cats will get it which
is a good thing.

You are very generous and as Earl (NBC) says...

"As I go through life, fixing my mistakes one at a time, I’ve learned
a thing or two about Karma, and part of keeping good Karma is sharing
it with others. I hope these notions help you as much as they’ve
helped me.

Do good things and good things will happen to you. Do bad things and
it will come back and bite you in the ass.

If you want a better life, you need to be a better person.

Bad luck might be contagious. It wouldn’t be fair to bring someone
into your life until you clean yours up.

Never underestimate the power of confidence. And never underestimate
fifteen beers, a little enlightenment, and the power of Rob Base and
DJ Easy Rock.

A person needs a little rest after having his moustache tickled at a
gay bar.

You have to do the hard things in life sooner or later.

If you want the reward, you have to do the work.

The secret to life is fixing all the bad things that you’ve done.

Whether picking up trash, returning stolen merchandise, or helping a
homosexual find love, it always has the same reward… feeling good
about yourself.

Karma. You got to love it."

:-)

-mhd

ChristyLynn
December 9th 06, 08:45 PM
"2fingah" > wrote
> and kiss my black ass

Wow. You are black? And you can afford a computer? And you are smart
enough to know how to use a computer? You sure you are black?

2fingah
December 9th 06, 10:11 PM
wrote:
> "2fingah" > wrote:
>
> >> Barry. You said you have not had the money to get Jupiter spayed. ???
> >no.. it's not a priority and it's still not
>
> Why not?
> -mhd

some people here are overstating the problem, magnifying this matter of
"suffering"
they use the subject of "suffering" to be a part of the "higher morals
club", has nothing to do with money.

I don't see the suffering that is touted on this group. I think that's
simple enough.
therefor I don't feel compelled!

If I were to goto the hospitol up the screet and see the man bawled up
in pain GRABBING HIS HEART! because he ate too much pork! if I were to
heap up the stats about heart attacks.. I might be able to get you to
give to the heart foundation

different strokes for different folks

Im very good with animals, I love animals, yet I am accussed of being
an abuser? good heavens, nobody buys that! EXCEPT those who are
depraved of any real life of their own so to speak.. to answer your
question, it's an issue and a subject that is merely a means to another
end.. has nothing to do with cats! AND YES I believe many here
genuinely love and do nice things for their cats and other animals, but
this matter of saying... "if you don't spay your cat then you're an
abuser?" ha!...

why does it have to be all or none? I've already stated above.. there
is a need for some to frame someone like myself.. who does live in the
real world, who understands the world I live in and the times I live
in. that's all..

to break it down one more step... it's all about folk trying to come up
higher
so if I think someone is "odd" for having a fetish about a cat.. they
will simply label me an abuser.. see.. therefor they are not odd... oh
but they are.. and they know it..

each stroke of my pen drives the facts deeper into their minds...

they'll be alright.. it's not really about the cats its about the
social exchange here.
and some occassional advice from some extremeist.

2fingah
December 9th 06, 10:19 PM
cybercat wrote:

> I have no regrets about sending cat food and cat toys etc. Hell, I always
> give the little
> bit of extra money away to somebody, anyway. People like Barry see people
> like
> me coming. He has made something of a career of it. :)

PROVE WHERE I HAVE EVER ASKED YOU OR HINTED OR SUGGESTED THAT YOU SEND
ME ONE PASTY DIME, YOU CAN'T DO IT, CAUSE I NEVER DID

The devil is a liar and all his children tell lies.

you? phd? what in lying?

cyber.. you better go get you some more romance novels, you're bout out
of little fuzzy phrases

get out my face

-L.
December 10th 06, 02:19 AM
ChristyLynn wrote:
> "2fingah" > wrote
> > and kiss my black ass
>

> Wow. You are black? And you can afford a computer? And you are smart
> enough to know how to use a computer? You sure you are black?

What kind of ****ed up racist **** is that?

-L.

-L.
December 10th 06, 02:24 AM
cybercat wrote:

> He does. The downside for him is that he would rather spend his money on
> something else. Barry loves things and people other than Barry until they
> become inconvenient.
>
> Here's the game: when people say he is irresponsible, he claims you didn't
> have the MEANS to do the right thing.
>
> But then if one of the people he used this on has the gall to say "He does
> not have the money for ____," Barry gets offended and turns into Barry Big
> Balls
> to protect his overblown and sadly fragile ego, "No money? I have plenty of
> money,
> YOU don't have any damn money," he wrote to me in this group last night,
> after
> I had of course put in a nice Petfooddirect order for him for 10 lbs of
> kitten food
> and 24 5.5 oz cans of cat food. "I just chose not to use the money for
> that," says
> Barry. Who then gets to be the Big Man Who Has More Than Enough Money,
> and somehow at the same time the Poor Boy Who Can Barely Afford Gas for
> his Truck Which Is His Livelyhood.
>
> And then of course, he will repeat the cycle. Claiming to be poor, then
> getting
> offended if you suggest he does not have enough money.

When he, in fact, has told us all time and time again he's poor.

> I have been dealing with this **** for over a year, I should have a f-ing
> PhD
> in it. And that, my friend, is the end of my interest in this freak, who can
> be
> quite charming. Charlie Wilkes calls it his "schtick."

Of course it's his schtick. It's the schtick of every
food-stamp-selling welfare Queen in America, too. He probably
pan-handles people on the street for dope money.

> I have no regrets about sending cat food and cat toys etc. Hell, I always
> give the little
> bit of extra money away to somebody, anyway. People like Barry see people
> like
> me coming. He has made something of a career of it. :)
>
> The really cool thing? The more I give away the more seems to come to me out
> of
> nowhere. There's a system out there in the ether, I swear it!

Law of 10-fold return. Of course "good Christians" like Barry wouldn't
dare believe in a Karmic balance so no such thing would ever befall
them.

You have nothing to beat yourself up about. You helped out a fellow
man in need. It's his Karmic debt in screwing you that will have to be
repaid - 10-fold, of course.

-L.

Rhonda
December 10th 06, 04:19 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Rhonda" > wrote :
>
>>Is his other female cat fixed, or when is she due?
>
> Lucille is fixed because Barry adopted her that way,
> when she was seven years old, about a year ago. She
> had somehow had her leg broken, and her previous
> owners got her proper vet care for that, but then
> decided they did not want her.

That's good that she's spayed. So Jupiter will be the only one having
litters of kittens.

> Lucy was adopted
> first, then Jupiter, and they were getting along but
> now Jupiter is being combative due to the kittens.
> Very sad for Lucy.

Our mom-cat also attacked another one of our cats that accidentally got
into the "kitten room." She snuck past us and it was a holy war.

When the kittens were older and weaned, Maggie (mom) was okay with the
other cats. Her fierceness only lasted while the kittens were defenseless.

Rhonda

2fingah
December 10th 06, 04:36 AM
Rhonda wrote:

> When the kittens were older and weaned, Maggie (mom) was okay with the
> other cats. Her fierceness only lasted while the kittens were defenseless.
>
> Rhonda

makes sense.

far as I know, and I think Im right, Lucy has never seen a kitten...
Lucy is still real curios.. Jupiter has drawn a few lines.. but really?
Lucy comes and goes as she pleases, there's a little more to this
than just shying from Jupiter as in.. Lucy is historically a little
hypersensitive

one thing, I posted about it yesterday I think.. (i've been so chatty)
Lucy is a heart breaker... so darn sweet.. she's been super sweet too
un-afraid of me and super sweet.. she turned bold towards me overnight.

I think all my patience has finally paid off, I figure Jupiter being so
territorial has everything to do with it somehow

2fingah
December 10th 06, 04:38 AM
ChristyLynn wrote:

> Wow. You are black? And you can afford a computer? And you are smart
> enough to know how to use a computer? You sure you are black?
mostly just my stuff is black, built for a sister but I run with whitey

ChristyLynn
December 10th 06, 04:39 AM
barry, do you have multiple personalities?

2fingah
December 10th 06, 04:48 AM

"ChristyLynn wrote:
> barry, do you have multiple personalities?"

where'd that come from?

no

if your'e toking bout cybercat thingy.. check it out
one minute it's "BARRY IS A KNUCKLE DRAGGING.. BLAH BLAH"
next minute it's "here, have a case of catfood" next minute she's back
to bashing me.
hmmm? And where in my replies to her (posted on this group) do I sway
young lady?
I don't.
Im a rock!

if you're seeing anything, you're seeing someone that is no stranger to
multiple abuses.
I mean.. I take a lot, up till I feel it is of no value to the person I
call myself trying to help.

I mean, I don't mind getting walked on.. that's what bridges are for..
but if I feel the walker is not moving forward then I send out the
troll (who lives under the bridge)

December 10th 06, 05:47 AM
"2fingah" > wrote:

>, but
>this matter of saying... "if you don't spay your cat then you're an
>abuser?" ha!...

All labels aside do you truly believe letting your cats go
unspayed/neutered is fair to future generations that will probably end
up feral, suffering and sick or in a kill shelter?

You've got 9 cats now and you going to find that getting safe homes
for them all to be very difficult.

Do the right thing.
-mhd

cybercat
December 10th 06, 04:45 PM
> wrote >
> You are very generous and as Earl (NBC) says...
>
> "As I go through life, fixing my mistakes one at a time, I've learned
> a thing or two about Karma, and part of keeping good Karma is sharing
> it with others. I hope these notions help you as much as they've
> helped me.
>
> Do good things and good things will happen to you. Do bad things and
> it will come back and bite you in the ass.
>
> If you want a better life, you need to be a better person.

[...]

> Karma. You got to love it."
>
> :-)
>
> -mhd

I meant to watch this show when I saw the previews, but somehow
never got to it. I'll have to check it out. What a philosopher! ;)

December 10th 06, 05:30 PM
"Luna's Mom" > wrote
> shtick means ****, but contextually it means "routine". Thanks to Yiddish
> for one of my favorite words!

Hey, man, I grew up in BALTIMORE! Yiddish words abound.
Schmaltz (sickly sticky sweet or just plain tacky?) is one of my favorites.
And putz! Hahaha! Then there is kvetch (complain) , meshuggna
[spelling! But it means "nut!"]; nosh [pig out!], & shlemazle [poor sap!].

Somehow, as a child, I missed the fact that being Jewish had to do with
religion. I thought Jewish people where just like the Serbs and Poles, the
Czechs and Africans and Indians. Just from another country, you know?

Diverse, you bet. Undereducated and miserable? You BET! I was
glad to get out of Baltimore. But I sure miss the ethnic mix.

Same thing with Houston, but add in lots of Asians and middle easterners.
And Texans, who of course, while not technically from another country,
are really from another planet. :D I loved Houston. No zoning. Topless
bars would go up next to churches and there would ... sometimes ... be
a public outcry. hahahaha!

2fingah
December 10th 06, 05:33 PM
cybercat wrote:
And yet, he's on the dole and always happy to
> take a handout.
>
> Ugh.

ain't nobody usurped by your accussations
but thank you for being so mean

2fingah
December 10th 06, 05:45 PM
wrote:

> Whether picking up trash, returning stolen merchandise, or helping a
> homosexual find love, it always has the same reward... feeling good
> about yourself.
>
> Karma. You got to love it."
>
> :-)
>
> -mhd

I agree as far as mending something that is mendable, believe me, some
things are not mendable... as bad as we want them to be fixed

most of the time
most of the time

it is best to forget those things which are behind us
I mean sure, if you're feeling guilty and feel like you should call
someone up and apologize then by all means...

my only thoughts about your philosahfee is... be careful to know what
is worthy to fix
on the on the other hand, listen.. this is some of my best advice...

if you have done a foolish thing? don't return to that thing.. cover it
up.
leave it alone. don't tell nobody. how simple is that. and it works.

the laws of providence are karma are basically the same thing, only the
latter is a secular word for the real word, but they mean the same
thing.

you reap what you sew

use the conscience... its like a compass... it tells us when we feel
bad or not (guilty)
guilt is universal.. but some guilt can be triggered by new
knowledge... for example
I didn't know that calling you a fat ass made you feel like committing
suicide...
all of a sudden I feel bad and need to apologize.

guilt.

It's time to take up the offering. This weeks offering is going to
bookie.

The hell are you talking about showing a gay some love?

nothing wrong with that, but if you think this is the place to write
about it.. tell me what you mean.. Im asking.. do you goto gay bars?

OR do you feel bad for going so you justify going "In the Name of
Love"..

oh the scars I carry all for the sake of love...

nah.. you do what your common sense tells you to do.
if you have to justify something.. you are.. covering up guilt. that
is.. rationalizations often stem from guilt.

and guilt! there is also false guilt. Im glad you brought it up!...

some folk would make me feel guilty for not giving to the salvation
army Bell Ringer.
guilt.

guilt is a motivator, ah! use your common sense and secondly use your
conscience as a guide. thing is.. it's not hard to apoligize...

The one gift I would covet most in these days and times.. is the
ability to pick up the pieces and keep moving. (if i've made a mess of
things) very easily spoken, it takes a big man or woman to do it. and
sure.. sometimes you have to carry your pain with you. (just make it
come on)... you can cry later. lol

any where I use the word "you" above.. is not directed at you, im just
using it generically

December 10th 06, 07:47 PM
"2fingah" > wrote:

>The hell are you talking about showing a gay some love?
>
>nothing wrong with that, but if you think this is the place to write
>about it.. tell me what you mean.. Im asking.. do you goto gay bars?

Dude, that whole section was a quote from the NBC website for the TV
show "My Name Is Earl"

http://www.nbc.com/My_Name_Is_Earl/karma_guide.shtml

-mhd

bookie
December 10th 06, 10:21 PM
> It's time to take up the offering. This weeks offering is going to
> bookie.
>
> The hell are you talking about showing a gay some love?

eh? when did I say anything like that? news to me....
and what has it got to do with cats? unless we are now on the subject
of gay cats (and that would be no surprise)

bookie
December 10th 06, 10:21 PM
> It's time to take up the offering. This weeks offering is going to
> bookie.
>
> The hell are you talking about showing a gay some love?

eh? when did I say anything like that? news to me....
and what has it got to do with cats? unless we are now on the subject
of gay cats (and that would be no surprise)

bookie
December 10th 06, 10:21 PM
> It's time to take up the offering. This weeks offering is going to
> bookie.
>
> The hell are you talking about showing a gay some love?

eh? when did I say anything like that? news to me....
and what has it got to do with cats? unless we are now on the subject
of gay cats (and that would be no surprise)

Outsider
December 10th 06, 10:27 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in
:

> The really cool thing? The more I give away the more seems to come to
> me out of
> nowhere. There's a system out there in the ether, I swear it!

No need to swear. There is, indeed, a "system". Don't let anyone/anything
tell you otherwise.

Luna's Mom
December 10th 06, 10:49 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "Luna's Mom" > wrote
>
>>shtick means ****, but contextually it means "routine". Thanks to Yiddish
>>for one of my favorite words!
>

> Hey, man, I grew up in BALTIMORE! Yiddish words abound.
> Schmaltz (sickly sticky sweet or just plain tacky?) is one of my favorites.
> And putz! Hahaha! Then there is kvetch (complain) , meshuggna
> [spelling! But it means "nut!"]; nosh [pig out!], & shlemazle [poor sap!].

There is a hilarious book out there called "Yiddish with Dick and Jane"
and even better, they made another one called "Yiddish with George and
Laura" (Bush)

My parents bought the former for my DH who is of the Christian variety.
I bought the George and Laura one for my great aunt. She'll pish in her
pants! :)

> Somehow, as a child, I missed the fact that being Jewish had to do with
> religion. I thought Jewish people where just like the Serbs and Poles, the
> Czechs and Africans and Indians. Just from another country, you know?

It's a religion yes, but also a very cultural thing! For me personally,
it is a lot more cultural than religious!

> Diverse, you bet. Undereducated and miserable? You BET! I was
> glad to get out of Baltimore. But I sure miss the ethnic mix.
>
> Same thing with Houston, but add in lots of Asians and middle easterners.
> And Texans, who of course, while not technically from another country,
> are really from another planet. :D I loved Houston. No zoning. Topless
> bars would go up next to churches and there would ... sometimes ... be
> a public outcry. hahahaha!

I've really only lived in the Chicago area, Central Illinois for college
years and Spain for about 6 months also during the college years.
Fortunately, Chicagoland is quite diverse! Plenty of mix around here!

2fingah
December 10th 06, 11:32 PM
bookie wrote:
> > It's time to take up the offering. This weeks offering is going to
> > bookie.
> >
> > The hell are you talking about showing a gay some love?
> >
> eh? when did I say anything like that? news to me....
> and what has it got to do with cats? unless we are now on the subject
> of gay cats (and that would be no surprise)

can't you read?

lets just agree to disagree

snot like we're tookien bout the end of the world

CatNipped
December 11th 06, 03:47 PM
> I hold everyone to the same level of accountability. You are in the
> UK, right? You evidently don't have the same level of cat
> overpopulation problem we have here. I don't understand your system
> and so can't really comment on the wisdom - or lack there of - of
> breeding a cat there. I *do* completely understand the problem here,
> and in no way, shape or form would *ever* condone breeding of any sort
> - purebred or moggie, back-yard or "professional", "friend" or not.
> It is simply unconscionable and immoral to breed more cats in the US
> while thousands of cats die daily for lack of homes. Period.
>
> -L.

Agreed! Especially since someone who wants a "purebred" cat wants only the
"status" of "owning" a purebred. You know, the type of person who also
judges people by the type of car they drive. You can get as much love an
affection from the flea-bitten stray digging in garbage cans behind
restaurants!

A cat is a cat is a cat - they are *ALL* worthy of being loved and cared for
and it sickens me that healthy cats are killed by the thousands while
breeders try to make an easy buck pandering to the status-symbol crowd.

However, having said that, if someone wants a cat only to brag about his/her
lineage or how much he/she cost, then I wouldn't want that person to care
for *ANY* cat!

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
December 11th 06, 04:29 PM
"Luna's Mom" > wrote

> There is a hilarious book out there called "Yiddish with Dick and Jane"
> and even better, they made another one called "Yiddish with George and
> Laura" (Bush)

Oooooo! I have to see them! Hahaha!

> My parents bought the former for my DH who is of the Christian variety. I
> bought the George and Laura one for my great aunt. She'll pish in her
> pants! :)
>
>> Somehow, as a child, I missed the fact that being Jewish had to do with
>> religion. I thought Jewish people where just like the Serbs and Poles,
>> the
>> Czechs and Africans and Indians. Just from another country, you know?
>
> It's a religion yes, but also a very cultural thing! For me personally, it
> is a lot more cultural than religious!

Yeah, I guess in a way, I had it right. It just seemed like, when I grew up,
most people emphasized the religious differences rather than the cultural
differences. But then they are so entwined. What's weird is, I grew up
with no sense of religious bigotry, maybe because one of my parents
was a devout Catholic and the other an indifferent Baptist. :) In other
words, if they really cared, they would not have married one another!
Up there, it seemed most people in my world were Catholic or Jewish.
Or stuff like Russian Orthodox or Greek Orthodox. Not many protestants
among the white people, anyway. Down here, Catholics are viewed as
some sort of exotic, immoral variety! Just as a few Catholic churches
begin to show up, the Bible Belters are asked to try to get their minds
around Islam!

Racism was a different thing. In Baltimore, it was while against black
and vice versa and it ran deep and it was openly hateful, not the more
insidious, polite version I see down here. But then it might have been
the times, too. I was born in 1959 ... you may have read that there
was some stuff happening in race relations then. :D

> I've really only lived in the Chicago area, Central Illinois for college
> years and Spain for about 6 months also during the college years.
> Fortunately, Chicagoland is quite diverse! Plenty of mix around here!

I have never been to Chicago, chica, and I am dying to go. The
food alone would be enough entertainment!!

CatNipped
December 11th 06, 04:48 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Luna's Mom" > wrote
>> shtick means ****, but contextually it means "routine". Thanks to Yiddish
>> for one of my favorite words!
>
> Hey, man, I grew up in BALTIMORE! Yiddish words abound.
> Schmaltz (sickly sticky sweet or just plain tacky?) is one of my
> favorites.
> And putz! Hahaha! Then there is kvetch (complain) , meshuggna
> [spelling! But it means "nut!"]; nosh [pig out!], & shlemazle [poor sap!].
>
> Somehow, as a child, I missed the fact that being Jewish had to do with
> religion. I thought Jewish people where just like the Serbs and Poles, the
> Czechs and Africans and Indians. Just from another country, you know?
>
> Diverse, you bet. Undereducated and miserable? You BET! I was
> glad to get out of Baltimore. But I sure miss the ethnic mix.
>
> Same thing with Houston, but add in lots of Asians and middle easterners.
> And Texans, who of course, while not technically from another country,
> are really from another planet. :D I loved Houston. No zoning. Topless
> bars would go up next to churches and there would ... sometimes ... be
> a public outcry. hahahaha!

LOL! Hey, I resemble that remark! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

December 11th 06, 04:57 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote
>> Same thing with Houston, but add in lots of Asians and middle easterners.
>> And Texans, who of course, while not technically from another country,
>> are really from another planet. :D I loved Houston. No zoning. Topless
>> bars would go up next to churches and there would ... sometimes ... be
>> a public outcry. hahahaha!
>
> LOL! Hey, I resemble that remark! ;>

:) Sigh. I still miss Houston, I thought it was a riot. It really made my
sense
of humor bloom. (Some would say you have to have one to live there, or
you'll just stroke out from the traffic, at the very least!)

I am still wondering if Marfreless is still there. A place in West
University, if
I recall correctly, that had no sign on the door, and was very cool and very
strange. It was a restaurant. Sort of. :D I just looked it up and found
this:

Marfreless Ventures
2006 Peden St
Houston, TX
Phone: (713) 528-0083

http://tinyurl.com/wfv82

Is that West U?

December 11th 06, 05:02 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .

> "CatNipped" > wrote
>>> Same thing with Houston, but add in lots of Asians and middle
>>> easterners.
>>> And Texans, who of course, while not technically from another country,
>>> are really from another planet. :D I loved Houston. No zoning. Topless
>>> bars would go up next to churches and there would ... sometimes ... be
>>> a public outcry. hahahaha!
>>
>> LOL! Hey, I resemble that remark! ;>
>>

> :) Sigh. I still miss Houston, I thought it was a riot. It really made my
> sense
> of humor bloom. (Some would say you have to have one to live there, or
> you'll just stroke out from the traffic, at the very least!)
>
> I am still wondering if Marfreless is still there. A place in West
> University, if
> I recall correctly, that had no sign on the door, and was very cool and
> very
> strange. It was a restaurant. Sort of. :D I just looked it up and found
> this:
>
> Marfreless Ventures
> 2006 Peden St
> Houston, TX
> Phone: (713) 528-0083
>
> http://tinyurl.com/wfv82
>
> Is that West U?

Lori, it is River Oaks! And it is still there, I
can't believe it. PLEASE go for a drink sometime.
With a man. The article below tells something about
it. You could also recommend it to your kids for a
romantic date. Think cushions on the floor and beaded
curtains. Very strange, beautiful music. Hushed voices and piquant incense.
hahaha! I got a LOT out of being 22 years old in Houston. Yes, I did. (I
think the median age was 25 when I moved there! There were lots of fun
things to do!)

http://www.superpages.com/cities/articles/houston-tips.html

CatNipped
December 11th 06, 05:44 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .

> "CatNipped" > wrote
>>> Same thing with Houston, but add in lots of Asians and middle
>>> easterners.
>>> And Texans, who of course, while not technically from another country,
>>> are really from another planet. :D I loved Houston. No zoning. Topless
>>> bars would go up next to churches and there would ... sometimes ... be
>>> a public outcry. hahahaha!
>>
>> LOL! Hey, I resemble that remark! ;>
>>

> :) Sigh. I still miss Houston, I thought it was a riot. It really made my
> sense
> of humor bloom. (Some would say you have to have one to live there, or
> you'll just stroke out from the traffic, at the very least!)

Oh gawd, yes. Here are the 19 basic rules for traffic in Houston...

1. A right lane construction closure is just a game to see how many people
can cut in line by passing you on the right as you sit in the left lane
waiting for the same **** ants to squeeze their way back in before hitting
the construction barrels. (Getting out of your car and moving the barrels is
okay too)

2. Turn signals are just clues as to your next move in road battle, so never
use them.

3. Under no circumstance should you leave a safe distance between you and
the car in front of you no matter how fast you are going. If you do, then
the space will be filled by somebody else putting you in an even more
dangerous position, even farther behind.

4. The faster you drive through a red light the less likely the chance you
have of getting hit.

5. Never get in the way of that car that needs extensive body work.
(Remember he is probably heavily insured, yeah with no-fault insurance)

6. Braking is to be done as hard and as late as possible to insure that your
anti-locking braking system kicks in to give you a nice long relaxing
massage as the brake pedal pulsates.

7. Construction signs tell you about road closures immediately after you
pass the last opportunity to exit but before the traffic begins.

8. The electronic traffic warning system signs are not there to provide
useful information about traffic, but just to tell time and to make Houston
look progressive.

9. Never pass on the left when you can pass on the right. It's a good way to
scare the people entering the freeway. Passing on the shoulder is allowed.

10. Speed limits are arbitrary figures to make Texas look as if it conforms
to other states' policies; these are given only as suggestions and are not
enforceable.

11. Just because you are in the left lane and have no room to speed up or
move over doesn't mean that a 610 loop driver flashing his high beams behind
you doesn't think that he can go faster in your spot.

12. Please remember that there is no such thing as a short-cut during rush
hour traffic on I-10.

13. Always slow down and rubberneck when you see an accident or even a
person changing a flat tire. If you are lucky you might even see the
unwitting breakdown victim get mugged, the proceeds of which are vested
directly into the Democratic front-runner's campaign for mayor.

14. Learn to swerve abruptly. Houston is the home of high-speed slalom
driving thanks to TXDOT who put potholes in key locations to test drivers'
reflexes and keep them on their toes. Parts of tires are left on new
highways where potholes have not yet been established.

15. It is tradition in Houston to honk your horn at the cars that don't move
the instant that the light changes to green. The city is founded on such
traditions.

16. Seeking eye contact with another driver revokes your right of way.

17. Giving the finger may invite armed retaliation. Be sure that the rifle
is on the gun rack in the rear window and visible rather than lying on the
seat and in range to pick up easily.

18. All unmarked exits lead to Southeast Houston.

19. You don't have to wait for an exit to get off the freeway, just follow
the ruts in the grass to the frontage road, everyone else is. It's just the
way that the people of Houston let the TXDOT know where the exits should
have been.

> I am still wondering if Marfreless is still there. A place in West
> University, if
> I recall correctly, that had no sign on the door, and was very cool and
> very
> strange. It was a restaurant. Sort of. :D I just looked it up and found
> this:
>
> Marfreless Ventures
> 2006 Peden St
> Houston, TX
> Phone: (713) 528-0083
>
> http://tinyurl.com/wfv82
>
> Is that West U?

Close - it's in River Oaks (veddy, veddy swanky part of town doncha know! -
not like the dives I can afford!! ;>)

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped
December 11th 06, 05:46 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>
>> "CatNipped" > wrote
>>>
>>> LOL! Hey, I resemble that remark! ;>
>>>

>> :) Sigh. I still miss Houston, I thought it was a riot. It really made my
>> sense
>> of humor bloom. (Some would say you have to have one to live there, or
>> you'll just stroke out from the traffic, at the very least!)
>>
>> I am still wondering if Marfreless is still there. A place in West
>> University, if
>> I recall correctly, that had no sign on the door, and was very cool and
>> very
>> strange. It was a restaurant. Sort of. :D I just looked it up and found
>> this:
>>
>> Marfreless Ventures
>> 2006 Peden St
>> Houston, TX
>> Phone: (713) 528-0083
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/wfv82
>>
>> Is that West U?
>>

> Lori, it is River Oaks! And it is still there, I
> can't believe it. PLEASE go for a drink sometime.
> With a man. The article below tells something about
> it. You could also recommend it to your kids for a
> romantic date. Think cushions on the floor and beaded
> curtains. Very strange, beautiful music. Hushed voices and piquant
> incense. hahaha! I got a LOT out of being 22 years old in Houston. Yes, I
> did. (I think the median age was 25 when I moved there! There were lots of
> fun things to do!)
>
> http://www.superpages.com/cities/articles/houston-tips.html

Oops, just replied to your other note before I saw this one. Yes, you're
right. I've never been there but I'll have to try it on Ben and my "first
kiss" anniversary.

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat
December 11th 06, 05:56 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote
>> http://www.superpages.com/cities/articles/houston-tips.html
>
> Oops, just replied to your other note before I saw this one. Yes, you're
> right. I've never been there but I'll have to try it on Ben and my "first
> kiss" anniversary.

It is the most romantic eating and drinking establishment I have ever
been to, in the US or elsewhere. Or at least it was! If you go, report
back. And remember, what happens in Marfreless .... :D

cybercat
December 11th 06, 06:01 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote
> Oh gawd, yes. Here are the 19 basic rules for traffic in Houston...
>
>[snips hilarious and very true Houston driving rules!]

So true. When my friend picked me up at the airport, she
told me the drive to our apartment would take about an hour.
By the time we got there, all I could say after observing the
traffic was "I will NEVER drive here." lol

Of course I did, and it made me a much better driver. You have
to have the reflexes of a cat!

>> http://tinyurl.com/wfv82
>>
>> Is that West U?
>
> Close - it's in River Oaks (veddy, veddy swanky part of town doncha
> know! - not like the dives I can afford!! ;>)

As I recall, Marfreless did not fit in with the typical River Oaks stuff.
If it did I doubt we could have afforded to go there! It was very cool.
Man, if you go and they will let you, take some pictures! hahaha

CatNipped
December 11th 06, 06:10 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote
>> Oh gawd, yes. Here are the 19 basic rules for traffic in Houston...
>>
>>[snips hilarious and very true Houston driving rules!]
>
> So true. When my friend picked me up at the airport, she
> told me the drive to our apartment would take about an hour.
> By the time we got there, all I could say after observing the
> traffic was "I will NEVER drive here." lol
>
> Of course I did, and it made me a much better driver. You have
> to have the reflexes of a cat!

My current commute (from the Greenway Plaza area downtown to Spring) is
about 1.5 hours on a *good* day (and when is it ever a good day for Houston
traffic - anybody want to buy the devil some ice skates?!?). I just ordered
some books on CD so I can take my mind off wanting to pop a cap in some
idiot's @$$ who cuts me off (like he's going to get home any faster in
*this* lane that's going 2 MPH over *that* lane that's going 2 MPH). But
the jammed part of the drive is a piece of cake compared to the tollways
where everyone is doing 100+ MPH while talking on their cell phones and
munching on MickyDs fries (where do they find the free hand to shoot the
bird with??!)!

>>> http://tinyurl.com/wfv82
>>>
>>> Is that West U?
>>
>> Close - it's in River Oaks (veddy, veddy swanky part of town doncha
>> know! - not like the dives I can afford!! ;>)
>>

> As I recall, Marfreless did not fit in with the typical River Oaks stuff.
> If it did I doubt we could have afforded to go there! It was very cool.
> Man, if you go and they will let you, take some pictures! hahaha

I'll do that. Our "first kiss" anniversary is coming up on January 15, so
I'll suggest this to DH.

Hugs,

CatNipped

sheelagh
December 11th 06, 06:27 PM
> Sheelagh, I don't think many of us lot were supporting Barry
> "wholeheartedly." Some of us were trying to help his cat and help keep
> down the cat over-population. Cybercat WAS friends with Barry, who has
> been on the group a long time, until his true attitude came out with
> this mess.
>
> > Do you all get a kick out of helping them that wont help
> > themselve's-yet rip people to pieces who come to you for genuine
> > advice??I'm gobsmacked!I was affraid to say exactlly what I thought,
> > but to hell with it-It needs saying!!"

We all say things that we regret,& this is certainly true in this
instance.Being new to the group, I didn't read all of the posts
properly in this case(as I should have-I am still learning now)."I
regret it very much indeed & apologise to anyone to whom I amy have
caused offense".-At the time I said it in anger(always a
mistake!),because it seemed that* everyone was doing all that they
could to help him,yet he threw all of it back in their faces.*I didn't
understand why everyone tolerated it & I was incredulous-now that you
have enlightend me,I know better,have learnt from the experience as
well) & will never make the same mistake again.*I am sorry*!

> You got ripped to shreds? I didn't read all of the posts. Were you the
> one asking for advice about when to breed cats after ringworm?

Yes,I was the person who asked about the ringworm.I asked because I had
already had a diagnosis for a locum vet who told me that my cat had
eczma.I wasn't satisfied with the diagnosis,&my own vet was in
Australia @ the time, so I came here looking for advice &support.I got
it too;had I not come here,all of my feline family would have been
affected by it as well.,& for that I am very grateful indeed.Thank you
all for that.

> You wandered into a newsgroup that is about pet cats, which normally
> breeders would stay away from. Many people here have worked in animal
> shelters or vet offices or just in general tried to deal with the
> over-population problem. Breeding negates that work. You will find very
> few people in a group like this that support breeding. One exception in
> meeee below, who is a breeder.

> There may be some newsgroups for breeders who can help you. Walking into
> this group and asking for help with breeding would get the same reaction
> as asking for help to declaw a cat.

> Rhonda

I'd like to point out ,that I wasn't looking for support with regard
to breeding in anyway at all.I merely wanted to protect one of my cat's
from the misery of contracting ringworm as well.I wholeheartedly agree
with 99% of what you say too.
It is also worth mentioning that I too, work for the Cat Protection
League,my local shelter,& I also take in stray's brought to me
locally,rather than redirecting them to my local shelter, where, as you
point out, they very often get overlooked.It gives me the chance to
weigh up the candidates that come to me-or,whom I go to, to look for
suitable homes,& vet the people who would like to adopt one as well.
*I DO feel guilty admitting that I do have 2queens* & that I do sell
around 8(pedigree) kitten's a year, to well vetted homes,some of which
are family member's(So I end up taking a very reduced fee)-But... 80%
of that money that I get, goes back into paying for these stray's &
litters to be seen by my vet,who kindly charges me a reduced fee to
de-sex them,inject,flea treat& worm them because I take all of them to
her alone-before I can home them with new families.I wouldn't dream of
letting them go without this treatment 1st!(the other 20% goes towards
pen maintainance,&reinvestment of equiptment,ect)-I also maintain
contact with all of the people I home kittens with too, so that I know
how they are doing now as well.I also charge for the cats & kittens
that I rehome, for the same reasons & to ensure that they can show
commitment to the cat they are asking for.I have a policy whereby I
will take any kitten or cat back if there is any reason whereby the new
owner either falls on hard times,or can no,longer support them too.

few people in a group like this that support breeding. One exception
in
> meeee below, who is a breeder.

Meeee in particular has been very good to me providing information to
help ensure that all of my feline family are healthy;not just my
pedigree cats THEY ARE ALL VIATALLY IMPORTANT TO ME....

>Sheelagh is breeding pure bred cats and she sounds very concientious.
>So long as she is doing proper health testing, is taking responsibility
>for the LIFE of the kittens she sells and requires they are
>spayed/neutered, I'm have no problem with that.

>Sheelagh, you are doing those things, right?
> Sheelagh is breeding pure bred cats and she sounds very concientious.
>So long as she is doing proper health testing, is taking responsibility

>for the LIFE of the kittens she sells and requires they are
>spayed/neutered, I'm have no problem with that.
> Sheelagh, you are doing those things, right?

> Yes Lynne, I take FULL responsibility for all kittens that are created
>by of me.All of them are de-sexed before homing, &I chip every single
>kitten(cat too!) that I home with *my own details* to ensure that if
>they are found roaming or alone, that they are returned to me
>personally(it is so cheap to do that it would be remiss of me not
>to!)All kittens have all the medical attention that they require
>including injections & blood tests, before going to new homes too.If I
>am asked if I would agree to sell a pair of kittens so that they might
>have company during the day, I wont do it.Instead I ask them to
>consider taking a kitten/cat from a shelter as I am all too aware of
>how needy they are of new homes too.I do the best that I am able to do&
>it is worth mentioning that at least 50% of them do actually take my
>advice!!
>By the way Lynne, thank you so much for answering my original question,
>which was how long should I wait for to be certain that both of my
>queens are protected against ringworm before considering mating them.

I DON'T wish to be thought of as merely "breeder" & hope that you don't
see me as such...
all of my feline family are Equally Important to me, including my
Jasper whom I lost recently(he was an old 18year old alley cat), who
chose me to love him -I was so grateful for the gift of him &I still
mourn him too)I can consider taking on another cat right now, hopefully
another older cat will choose me soon-I will be more than happy to
share all the love that I have Another Older Cat Again that otherwise
not stand a chance,or ge through the winter alone.I can't say which cat
it might be,or when-But I can assure you that He/She will be loved as
much as any other cat that we have here...
..
>Agreed! Especially since someone who >wants a "purebred" cat wants only the
>"status" of "owning" a purebred. You know, the type of person who also
>judges people by the type of car they drive. You can get as much love an
>affection from the flea-bitten stray digging in garbage cans behind
>restaurants!

>A cat is a cat is a cat - they are *ALL* worthy of being loved and cared for
>and it sickens me that healthy cats are killed by the thousands while
>breeders try to make an easy buck pandering to the status-symbol crowd.

>However, having said that, if someone wants a cat only to brag about his/her
>lineage or how much he/she cost, then I wouldn't want that person to care
>for *ANY* cat!

>Hugs,

>CatNipped

This post in particular really did hurt my feelings(But, Hell I
probably deserve it?!!).I take particular care to sell the pedigree
cats to owners who don't see them as status symbols.I can only stress
again that both I and my family all share the responsibilty of all of
the work that we do,not just with the pedigree's but also the residents
,strays & litters too.
Each cat litter that is cleaned & each bowl that is filled, is done
regardless of which cat used it & with the same due care & attention
too.The same apply's to any of our cats,&to every need they have as
well....

>A cat is a cat is a cat - they are *ALL* worthy of being loved and cared for
>and it sickens me that healthy cats are killed by the thousands while
>breeders try to make an easy buck pandering to the status-symbol crowd.

I AGREE WITH YOU....WE DON'T DO IT FOR PERSONAL GAIN,& NEVER HAVE,OR
PANDER TO ANY STATUS EITHER! And we have never made an easy buck
either....
All of the Cats are equal in our eye's & I really would be grateful if
you didn't label me by other breeders standards either, please?I am all
too aware that there are immoral breeders;but don't judge me by their
standards-get to know me & then make your mind up.

I very much regret my outburst of anger that sparked up this debate,&
hope that you can take me on merit ,rather than judgeing me by some
immoral breeders you might know personally.

I have had far more good experiences here, than bad ones &hope that you
give me a chance rather than dismissing me as one of those terrible
people that make money for personal gain-I despise them too!!
S.

bookie
December 11th 06, 06:47 PM
CatNipped wrote:
> > I hold everyone to the same level of accountability. You are in the
> > UK, right? You evidently don't have the same level of cat
> > overpopulation problem we have here. I don't understand your system
> > and so can't really comment on the wisdom - or lack there of - of
> > breeding a cat there. I *do* completely understand the problem here,
> > and in no way, shape or form would *ever* condone breeding of any sort
> > - purebred or moggie, back-yard or "professional", "friend" or not.
> > It is simply unconscionable and immoral to breed more cats in the US
> > while thousands of cats die daily for lack of homes. Period.
> >
> > -L.
> >

> Agreed! Especially since someone who wants a "purebred" cat wants only the
> "status" of "owning" a purebred. You know, the type of person who also
> judges people by the type of car they drive. You can get as much love an
> affection from the flea-bitten stray digging in garbage cans behind
> restaurants!
>
> A cat is a cat is a cat - they are *ALL* worthy of being loved and cared for
> and it sickens me that healthy cats are killed by the thousands while
> breeders try to make an easy buck pandering to the status-symbol crowd.
>
> However, having said that, if someone wants a cat only to brag about his/her
> lineage or how much he/she cost, then I wouldn't want that person to care
> for *ANY* cat!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

I completely agree with you, I hate it when peole go on about getting a
british blue kitten, or that they are buying a seal point siamese from
a breeder when there are so many beautiful cats out there in shelters
just desparate for a home. It is a status thing completely, these
people treat these cats like a commodity, a fashion item, an
interesting ornament for their homes,. If they were real animal lovers
they would be glad to get a cat, any cat, from a shelter and give it a
good secure home for the rest of its days, regardless of whether it
costs £300 or £30 and regardless of whether it's fur matches the
carpet or not.

Darth Breather
December 11th 06, 09:19 PM
bookie wrote:

regardless of whether it
> costs £300 or £30 and regardless of whether it's fur matches the
> carpet or not.

Its improtant for the fur to mach the carpoet to begin with or it will
later anayway.
Change the carpet itll look better when the cat sheds

sheelagh
December 12th 06, 12:53 AM
I have tried to state my case, but I guess it appears to falling on
deaf ears?All cats are important,even the carpet matching ones;they
often need as much help if not more than my old moggie did.
S.
Darth Breather wrote:

> bookie wrote:
>
> regardless of whether it
> > costs £300 or £30 and regardless of whether it's fur matches the
> > carpet or not.
>
> Its improtant for the fur to mach the carpoet to begin with or it will
> later anayway.
> Change the carpet itll look better when the cat sheds

2fingah
December 12th 06, 04:54 AM
Matthew wrote:
> "cybercat" > wrote in message

> > I've sent Barry and his cats food on several occasions, this is nothing
> > new.
> > What the hell, it'll be a double investment if the kittens get him laid.
> > :D
>

> Warn us next time you say something like that I am going to need a new
> keyboard ;-)

lol

yeah, me too, I"ve sent cyber presents on several occassions, money
too!
i never sent her cat food, she told me she had some already <mhmm>
i could easilyi get Jupiter spayed with the money I"ve spent on
cybercat.

2fingah
December 12th 06, 05:46 AM
wrote:

> I can't believe you lot-you had the neck to rip me to pieces, over a
> single litter of kittens whom I care for,de-sex &vacinate-yet someone
> that you obviously all know ,who doesn't take a great deal of
> responsiblity for his cat's, you support wholeheartedly?!!!!I
> appreciate that you are trying to help someone here who *ovbviously*
> needs it. The phrase "you can take a horse to water,but you cant force
> it drink".... comes to mind....
> Do you all get a kick out of helping them that wont help
> themselve's-yet rip people to pieces who come to you for genuine
> advice??I'm gobsmacked!I was affraid to say exactlly what I thought,
> but to hell with it-It needs saying!!"
> I agree with you Lynne

what? you found a mufu dirtier than you?
I should pull the plug and leave your tail high and dry but I won't
but I won't just yet, im having a fag

was it good for you?

-L.
December 12th 06, 07:06 AM
2fingah wrote:

> lol
>
> yeah, me too, I"ve sent cyber presents on several occassions, money
> too!
> i never sent her cat food, she told me she had some already <mhmm>
> i could easilyi get Jupiter spayed with the money I"ve spent on
> cybercat.

Ziplocs full of jizm don't count.

-L.

2fingah
December 12th 06, 03:08 PM
-L. wrote:
> 2fingah wrote:
> >
> > lol
> >
> > yeah, me too, I"ve sent cyber presents on several occassions, money
> > too!
> > i never sent her cat food, she told me she had some already <mhmm>
> > i could easilyi get Jupiter spayed with the money I"ve spent on
> > cybercat.
>
> Ziplocs full of jizm don't count.
>
> -L.

then how about $700 in egyptian linens, bags of fresh roast from hawaii
and baltimore
seasonings from all around the globe or therebouts, im not white trash

but you're right about the abundance

Modell Rocks
December 12th 06, 03:36 PM
2fingah wrote:
> I should pull the plug and leave your tail high and dry but I won't
> but I won't just yet, im having a fag

Back behind Dearington Elementary again?

sheelagh
December 12th 06, 04:20 PM
Modell Rocks wrote:

> 2fingah wrote:
> > I should pull the plug and leave your tail high and dry but I won't
> > but I won't just yet, im having a fag
>
> what? you found a mufu dirtier than you?
I should pull the plug and leave your tail high and dry but I won't
but I won't just yet, im having a fagBack behind Dearington Elementary
again?

Grow up.....

-L.
December 12th 06, 11:02 PM
2fingah wrote:
> then how about $700 in egyptian linens

Pffft! You couldn't tell Egyptian cotton from a cotton ball.

>, bags of fresh roast from hawaii
> and baltimore
> seasonings from all around the globe or therebouts

Are they from Baltimore or from around the globe? Or do you mean
Baltimore Spice brand - aka Fuchs? Since CC is from Baltimore I find
it highly more likely that she knows more about this than you do.
Plus, she can cook - you evidently have a hot plate.

>, im not white trash

No, you're black trash, from your self-description.

> but you're right about the abundance

If what you speak is the truth, which I highly doubt, what the hell are
you doing sending gifts to a married woman? Don't like your teeth
much?

Oh, I forgot - you don't have any.

-L.