PDA

View Full Version : Citrus Spray?

December 7th 06, 08:50 PM
Well I've been trying to keep Clyde away from the Christmas tree but he
just won't leave it alone. The orange peels worked for about a day but
sometimes even when I put new ones there he goes right passed them if
he's running. So I thought of maybe getting a citrus spray to spray
around the tree to keep him away. Would it work and would it take away
the smell of the tree?

Rene S.
December 7th 06, 09:29 PM
wrote:
> Well I've been trying to keep Clyde away from the Christmas tree but he
> just won't leave it alone. The orange peels worked for about a day but
> sometimes even when I put new ones there he goes right passed them if
> he's running. So I thought of maybe getting a citrus spray to spray
> around the tree to keep him away. Would it work and would it take away
> the smell of the tree?

If orange peels aren't working, I doubt a citrus spray would do much
either. How about putting a plastic runner, upside down, around the
tree? It won't look as pretty, but the pokey surface won't be too fun
to walk (or run) on.

Lynne
December 9th 06, 06:11 PM
on Thu, 07 Dec 2006 20:50:30 GMT, wrote:

> Well I've been trying to keep Clyde away from the Christmas tree but he
> just won't leave it alone. The orange peels worked for about a day but
> sometimes even when I put new ones there he goes right passed them if
> he's running. So I thought of maybe getting a citrus spray to spray
> around the tree to keep him away. Would it work and would it take away
> the smell of the tree?

My cats love hanging out in the tree and playing with the ornaments. I
don't have any glass ones, though, so it's safe for them. Thankfully they
aren't interested in the lights (I also string them so that the cords
aren't tempting as a toy). I think when you have cats, you have to plan
for and expect them to play with the Christmas tree. JMO.

--
Lynne