Date: 12/09/06 10:02:01 PM
To: mercena
Subject: Re: Stray Cat

Thank you for getting back to me. I am in Las Vegas, right next to the
university. I can't tell if it is female or male. I know in my mind
that
calling animal control would be better than doing nothing but I hate to
lock an
animal up just to let it sit in a cage at the shelter waiting to be put
down. I
would appreciate any ideas you can give me - especially if it means
that it
wont end up at a shelter. The shelter here has hundreds and hundreds
of
animals; I would hate to think I was responsible for putting one of
them there!
Thanks again.

Tracy

Quoting mercena >:

> I wish I could take the cat but we are located in Champaign Illinois. Where
> are you in Nevada? I will look up some rescue places near to you as we have
> rescue places all through our country. Also leaving the cat out is the worst
> thing for it. It would be better at animal control if we find no other place
> for it. If it is a female it will have babies in the spring and then there
> will be more starving cats. If it is a boy cat the chances of it getting
> FIV is extremely high as it will fight if it is unaltered.
> It sounds like you have a good heart and would like to help and it sounds
> like this cat has no one concerned for it but you. Please help this cat and
> do not let it go hungry.
> Mercy
> 217-352-3312

Laura
December 11th 06, 12:12 AM
I'd love to help also but I'm in Edmonton Alberta Canada
I hope this little cat gets the help it deserves

~Laura

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> I had a e-mail from a concerned student about a friendly 6 month old
> cat that is a stray in Las Vegas right next to the
> university. The cat is very thin. I can do nothing as I am part of a
> rescue group that is located in Illinois. Is there anything you can do
> to help this cat. The student does not want to take him into a pound
> where it is euthanized. Her name is Tracy at
>
> I have included her e-mails to me below.
> Mercena Johnson
> Catsnap Rescue
> 604 West Beardsley
> Champaign IL 61820
> 217-352-3312

kraut
December 11th 06, 03:20 PM
Don't want to take it to shelter because it may be put down or locked
up ?!?!? It sounds like it is starving to death but yet don't take it
to a shelter where it MIGHT have a chance to find a home. Even if it
was put down would that really be worse then starving to death on the
streets ?? Or possibly dying of some disease which it might have ??

Being put down isn't always the worse options you know even though
some people would prefer to keep an animal alive no matter what it has
to go through !!