PDA

View Full Version : A few more cat pics

Susan M
December 12th 06, 03:16 AM
Well, I took a couple of pics of the boys when they went outside for a sniff
this AM. It was over 0 celcius but still they were chilly. Otis, in
particular, fluffed out his fur to keep warm. They both huddled down low to
conserve heat, sat on the mat for insulation, and both had the glow of early
morning sun in a northern climate - low lying golden light at 9 AM.

The next few pics are of Otis on my lap, what's left of it. He's there all
the time when I'm home so I see a lot of my big belly and sleek cat trying
to find space. The middle of the three on the lap is blurry but you can see
the perspective of the belly and cat best in that one.

The pics start here: http://tinyurl.com/y3ls3w

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Julie and Sam
December 12th 06, 03:29 AM
"Susan M" > wrote in message
> Well, I took a couple of pics of the boys when they went outside for a
> sniff this AM. It was over 0 celcius but still they were chilly. Otis,
> in particular, fluffed out his fur to keep warm. They both huddled down
> low to conserve heat, sat on the mat for insulation, and both had the glow
> of early morning sun in a northern climate - low lying golden light at 9
> AM.
>
> The next few pics are of Otis on my lap, what's left of it. He's there
> all the time when I'm home so I see a lot of my big belly and sleek cat
> trying to find space. The middle of the three on the lap is blurry but
> you can see the perspective of the belly and cat best in that one.
>
> The pics start here: http://tinyurl.com/y3ls3w
>
> Susan M
> Otis and Chester
Susan, you really should consider publishing your photos of Otis and
Chester. With the right caption you would have a winning combination. Or
you could make a CD with orchestrated music emphasizing the photos.

Julie

Adrian A
December 12th 06, 01:56 PM
Susan M wrote:
> Well, I took a couple of pics of the boys when they went outside for
> a sniff this AM. It was over 0 celcius but still they were chilly.
> Otis, in particular, fluffed out his fur to keep warm. They both
> huddled down low to conserve heat, sat on the mat for insulation, and
> both had the glow of early morning sun in a northern climate - low
> lying golden light at 9 AM.
>
> The next few pics are of Otis on my lap, what's left of it. He's
> there all the time when I'm home so I see a lot of my big belly and
> sleek cat trying to find space. The middle of the three on the lap
> is blurry but you can see the perspective of the belly and cat best
> in that one.
>
> The pics start here: http://tinyurl.com/y3ls3w
>
> Susan M
> Otis and Chester

More beautiful pictures. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

December 12th 06, 03:56 PM
Susan M wrote:
> Well, I took a couple of pics of the boys when they went outside for a sniff
> this AM. It was over 0 celcius but still they were chilly. Otis, in
> particular, fluffed out his fur to keep warm. They both huddled down low to
> conserve heat, sat on the mat for insulation, and both had the glow of early
> morning sun in a northern climate - low lying golden light at 9 AM.
>
> The next few pics are of Otis on my lap, what's left of it. He's there all
> the time when I'm home so I see a lot of my big belly and sleek cat trying
> to find space. The middle of the three on the lap is blurry but you can see
> the perspective of the belly and cat best in that one.
>
> The pics start here: http://tinyurl.com/y3ls3w
>
> Susan M
> Otis and Chester

Otis is really a handsome cat. He looks so wise. He's got a really long
muzzle like my daughter's cat Dexter. (I'll try to find a pic of Dex),
really unusual. Isn't it funny, when you look at cats' faces, how they
are different.

Sherry

223rem
December 12th 06, 05:13 PM
Is that a cat-bull terrier mix?

Victor Martinez
December 13th 06, 05:04 AM

Awwww.... they're so cute!!!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

Susan M
December 13th 06, 05:57 AM
"Julie and Sam" > wrote in message
. ..
> Susan, you really should consider publishing your photos of Otis and
> Chester. With the right caption you would have a winning combination. Or
> you could make a CD with orchestrated music emphasizing the photos.

Thanks Julie! I think the music is a great idea - I'll have to fiddle with
that. Everyone's pics on the ng are so great - its my secret addiction -
looking at cat picture albums!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Susan M
December 13th 06, 06:06 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Otis is really a handsome cat. He looks so wise. He's got a really long
> muzzle like my daughter's cat Dexter. (I'll try to find a pic of Dex),
> really unusual. Isn't it funny, when you look at cats' faces, how they
> are different.

Well Sherry - looks are deceiving ;-) He could use some wisdom. He is a
willful, arrogant, dog stalking, high testosterone (but fixed), alpha cat
who is unhealthily fixated on his relationship with me, high strung, and
prone to getting lost. And I love him to bits, of course. I picked up some
book at the bookstore that was about cat behaviour and it talked about
over-attached cats and the women who love them. I could see what they were
getting at :D

When we first adopted him, he had "sweetest Siamese" on his cage and you
could really see that he was probably half Siamese. Here's a couple of
early pics of him: http://tinyurl.com/tbbu7 and , particularly here:
http://tinyurl.com/ub654

Chester, being a cobby cat with square head and body, has a much more even
temperment. I'd love to see your picture of Dexter!!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Susan M
December 13th 06, 06:08 AM
"223rem" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Is that a cat-bull terrier mix?

Otis says "Ouch! Comparing me to a d*g? I am a regal cat king!!!"

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Susan M
December 13th 06, 06:11 AM
"Victor Martinez" > wrote in message
> Susan M wrote:
>> The pics start here: http://tinyurl.com/y3ls3w
>
> Awwww.... they're so cute!!!

Thanks Victor! You know, my album with my visit to Austin and your clan has
had 5,200 views! It is my second most popular album - great content I guess
:-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Susan M
December 13th 06, 06:24 AM
"Adrian A" > wrote in message

> More beautiful pictures. :-)

Thanks Adrian. With such marvellous subjects as these two majestic felines,
what could go wrong ;-) ???

Susan M
Otis and Chester

December 13th 06, 06:29 AM
Susan M > wrote:

> Everyone's pics on the ng are so great - its my secret addiction -
> looking at cat picture albums!

<hand raised> Here's another one!

A friend once wrote a description of me on a birthday card she gave
me. Among many adjectives and colorful phrases, was this: "Stays up
until 4AM looking at cat pictures on the web."

Guilty! :)

Joyce

Susan M
December 13th 06, 06:45 AM
> wrote in message
> Susan M > wrote:
>
> > Everyone's pics on the ng are so great - its my secret addiction -
> > looking at cat picture albums!
>
> <hand raised> Here's another one!
>
> A friend once wrote a description of me on a birthday card she gave
> me. Among many adjectives and colorful phrases, was this: "Stays up
> until 4AM looking at cat pictures on the web."
>
> Guilty! :)

Well, I figure that there are worse addictions :-) And cats are so
endlessly fascinating. I could take them all home!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Victor Martinez
December 13th 06, 02:37 PM
Susan M wrote:
> Thanks Victor! You know, my album with my visit to Austin and your clan has
> had 5,200 views! It is my second most popular album - great content I guess
> :-)

:)
Susan, can you send me an email? I have a question for you. pistor at
austin dot rr dot com.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

December 13th 06, 08:03 PM
Susan M > wrote:

> Well, I took a couple of pics of the boys when they went outside for a sniff
> this AM. It was over 0 celcius but still they were chilly. Otis, in
> particular, fluffed out his fur to keep warm. They both huddled down low to
> conserve heat, sat on the mat for insulation, and both had the glow of early
> morning sun in a northern climate - low lying golden light at 9 AM.

> The next few pics are of Otis on my lap, what's left of it. He's there all
> the time when I'm home so I see a lot of my big belly and sleek cat trying
> to find space. The middle of the three on the lap is blurry but you can see
> the perspective of the belly and cat best in that one.

> The pics start here: http://tinyurl.com/y3ls3w

Wonderful pictures! I love the grooming ones. Does Chester ever groom
Otis, or is it a strictly Otis-dominated situation?

The "What mice see" picture is great, too.

Joyce

Sam
December 14th 06, 04:27 AM
Susan M wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Otis is really a handsome cat. He looks so wise. He's got a really long
>> muzzle like my daughter's cat Dexter. (I'll try to find a pic of Dex),
>> really unusual. Isn't it funny, when you look at cats' faces, how they
>> are different.
>
> Well Sherry - looks are deceiving ;-) He could use some wisdom. He is a
> willful, arrogant, dog stalking, high testosterone (but fixed), alpha cat
> who is unhealthily fixated on his relationship with me, high strung, and
> prone to getting lost. And I love him to bits, of course. I picked up some
> book at the bookstore that was about cat behaviour and it talked about
> over-attached cats and the women who love them. I could see what they were
> getting at :D
>
> When we first adopted him, he had "sweetest Siamese" on his cage and you
> could really see that he was probably half Siamese. Here's a couple of
> early pics of him: http://tinyurl.com/tbbu7 and , particularly here:
> http://tinyurl.com/ub654
>
> Chester, being a cobby cat with square head and body, has a much more even
> temperment. I'd love to see your picture of Dexter!!
>
> Susan M
> Otis and Chester

Neat pix. In the second one it looks like he's thinking "OOH. Mom's
fixing my dinner/breakfast/snack! Wonder what it is!"

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Sam
December 14th 06, 04:28 AM
wrote:
> Susan M > wrote:
>
> > Everyone's pics on the ng are so great - its my secret addiction -
> > looking at cat picture albums!
>
> <hand raised> Here's another one!
>
> A friend once wrote a description of me on a birthday card she gave
> me. Among many adjectives and colorful phrases, was this: "Stays up
> until 4AM looking at cat pictures on the web."
>
> Guilty! :)
>
> Joyce
And what's wrong with that?

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

polonca12000
December 16th 06, 10:44 PM
Susan M wrote:

> Well, I took a couple of pics of the boys when they went outside for a sniff
> this AM. It was over 0 celcius but still they were chilly. Otis, in
> particular, fluffed out his fur to keep warm. They both huddled down low to
> conserve heat, sat on the mat for insulation, and both had the glow of early
> morning sun in a northern climate - low lying golden light at 9 AM.
>
> The next few pics are of Otis on my lap, what's left of it. He's there all
> the time when I'm home so I see a lot of my big belly and sleek cat trying
> to find space. The middle of the three on the lap is blurry but you can see
> the perspective of the belly and cat best in that one.
>
> The pics start here: http://tinyurl.com/y3ls3w
>
> Susan M
> Otis and Chester

Lovely pics, thanks.