PDA

View Full Version : we have a new freind

sheelagh
December 12th 06, 05:40 PM
there was a knock at the front door last night, so I got up & to answer
it,looked through the glass @ the top & thought to myself,I bet it is
kids playing about again.I answered it just in case it was someone who
was walking away.I looked down & there he was.....a splendid ginger
handsom middle aged fellow.He purred at me,gave me a few leg rubs &
looked at the food bowl with reproach ,then back at me again.I asked
him to wait @ the door....but he didn't agree that it might be a good
idea, & followed me straight through to the kitchen,helped himself the
other moggie's bowls,then ran into the living room & climbed on to the
softest chair he could find & currled- up & snorred the night away!!He
stayed there all night,then this morning he popped out for a morning
stroll,&knocked at the ltter box to be re admitted again.This is not
the first time we have seen him;he has been visiting for some time
now(but Is our first feline friend that knows how to knock on the door
though!)~It now appears he would like to move in.How could I say no to
him?Looks like we have yet another lodger again:o)
S.

Lynne
December 12th 06, 05:46 PM
on Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:40:20 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> there was a knock at the front door last night, so I got up & to answer
> it,looked through the glass @ the top & thought to myself,I bet it is
> kids playing about again.I answered it just in case it was someone who
> was walking away.I looked down & there he was.....a splendid ginger
> handsom middle aged fellow.He purred at me,gave me a few leg rubs &
> looked at the food bowl with reproach ,then back at me again.I asked
> him to wait @ the door....but he didn't agree that it might be a good
> idea, & followed me straight through to the kitchen,helped himself the
> other moggie's bowls,then ran into the living room & climbed on to the
> softest chair he could find & currled- up & snorred the night away!!He
> stayed there all night,then this morning he popped out for a morning
> stroll,&knocked at the ltter box to be re admitted again.This is not
> the first time we have seen him;he has been visiting for some time
> now(but Is our first feline friend that knows how to knock on the door
> though!)~It now appears he would like to move in.How could I say no to
> him?Looks like we have yet another lodger again:o)

Not only can he knock, he has great timing! Seems like you needed a new
lodger to fill that empty space. :)

--
Lynne

sheelagh
December 12th 06, 06:11 PM
Lynne wrote:

> on Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:40:20 GMT, "sheelagh"
> > wrote:
>
> > there was a knock at the front door last night, so I got up & to answer
> > it,looked through the glass @ the top & thought to myself,I bet it is
> > kids playing about again.I answered it just in case it was someone who
> > was walking away.I looked down & there he was.....a splendid ginger
> > handsom middle aged fellow.He purred at me,gave me a few leg rubs &
> > looked at the food bowl with reproach ,then back at me again.I asked
> > him to wait @ the door....but he didn't agree that it might be a good
> > idea, & followed me straight through to the kitchen,helped himself the
> > other moggie's bowls,then ran into the living room & climbed on to the
> > softest chair he could find & currled- up & snorred the night away!!He
> > stayed there all night,then this morning he popped out for a morning
> > stroll,&knocked at the ltter box to be re admitted again.This is not
> > the first time we have seen him;he has been visiting for some time
> > now(but Is our first feline friend that knows how to knock on the door
> > though!)~It now appears he would like to move in.How could I say no to
> > him?Looks like we have yet another lodger again:o)
>
> Not only can he knock, he has great timing! Seems like you needed a new
> lodger to fill that empty space. :)
>
> --
> Lynne
Oh Lynne, you wouldn't believe what a cuddlesome gentle-Puss he is:o)He
was made to sit in that chair & has the most impeccable manners too,
right down to wipping his feet on the mat as he walks in.I think we are
going to get along just fine.We need a trip to to the vets though as he
appears to have a few broken toe's.I also think he had a nasty dose of
worms so I have just used some stronghold on him.Can you reccomend
anything better for future refference please?Many thanks.
S.(I tried to add a link for you to see him, but I am new to Pc's & not
sure I did the right thing?)

Lynne
December 12th 06, 06:16 PM
on Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:11:58 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> Oh Lynne, you wouldn't believe what a cuddlesome gentle-Puss he is:o)He
> was made to sit in that chair & has the most impeccable manners too,
> right down to wipping his feet on the mat as he walks in.I think we are
> going to get along just fine.We need a trip to to the vets though as he
> appears to have a few broken toe's.I also think he had a nasty dose of
> worms so I have just used some stronghold on him.Can you reccomend
> anything better for future refference please?Many thanks.
> S.(I tried to add a link for you to see him, but I am new to Pc's & not
> sure I did the right thing?)

I saw the photo in your other post. He's beautiful! I noticed the broken
looking toes, too, poor fella. Someone with more vet experience will need
to comment on dewormers. I know that, at least here in the US, there are
different wormers for different types of worms. My ginger boy, Rudy, had
round worms, hook worms AND tape worms when he first came here (a feral
from the woods). The hook worms were particularly hard to get rid of and
now I give him Interceptor monthly just to keep him from getting infested
again ever. (I give this to all my animals.)

I was going to ask if you think he might be someone's pet, but with the
worms and broken toes, it sounds like he has been very neglected and needs
a loving home. Now you need to think of a name for him!

--
Lynne

cybercat
December 12th 06, 06:26 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> there was a knock at the front door last night, so I got up & to answer
> it,looked through the glass @ the top & thought to myself,I bet it is
> kids playing about again.I answered it just in case it was someone who
> was walking away.I looked down & there he was.....a splendid ginger
> handsom middle aged fellow.He purred at me,gave me a few leg rubs &
> looked at the food bowl with reproach ,then back at me again.I asked
> him to wait @ the door....but he didn't agree that it might be a good
> idea, & followed me straight through to the kitchen,helped himself the
> other moggie's bowls,then ran into the living room & climbed on to the
> softest chair he could find & currled- up & snorred the night away!!He
> stayed there all night,then this morning he popped out for a morning
> stroll,&knocked at the ltter box to be re admitted again.This is not
> the first time we have seen him;he has been visiting for some time
> now(but Is our first feline friend that knows how to knock on the door
> though!)~It now appears he would like to move in.How could I say no to
> him?Looks like we have yet another lodger again:o)
> S.

I love ginger boys, I really want one one day. Does he look healthy?
Just someone's cat that wanders?

Lynne
December 12th 06, 06:31 PM
on Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:16:21 GMT, Lynne >
wrote:

> Now you need to think of a name for him!

Oooh, I have to suggest Ringo, given your recent adventure with ring worm.
;-)

--
Lynne

sheelagh
December 12th 06, 06:46 PM

> I love ginger boys, I really want one one day. Does he look healthy?
> Just someone's cat that wanders
cybercat wrote:)

I don't think so.He has been visiting us for around 3months now.I have
asked about him in the area & a lady two streets ago seems to think
that he belonged to a fellow who died in her street at around the same
time.This is the first time that he has actually knocked on the door to
be let in.I think I will post a photo of him all the same @ the vet
surgery to ensure that he doesn't though, as I am certain that I would
be devastated if anyone started feeding him if her belonged to me.(he
is just so handsome isn't he lol?)It looks as though his toes have been
broken for some time too.I am not sure what the vet can do for him.I
just want to make sure that he is in no pain though.As I type he sits
at my fet wipping his face all over my shoe's.I guess he likes a
portable scent emitter lol?!
S.

> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > there was a knock at the front door last night, so I got up & to answer
> > it,looked through the glass @ the top & thought to myself,I bet it is
> > kids playing about again.I answered it just in case it was someone who
> > was walking away.I looked down & there he was.....a splendid ginger
> > handsom middle aged fellow.He purred at me,gave me a few leg rubs &
> > looked at the food bowl with reproach ,then back at me again.I asked
> > him to wait @ the door....but he didn't agree that it might be a good
> > idea, & followed me straight through to the kitchen,helped himself the
> > other moggie's bowls,then ran into the living room & climbed on to the
> > softest chair he could find & currled- up & snorred the night away!!He
> > stayed there all night,then this morning he popped out for a morning
> > stroll,&knocked at the ltter box to be re admitted again.This is not
> > the first time we have seen him;he has been visiting for some time
> > now(but Is our first feline friend that knows how to knock on the door
> > though!)~It now appears he would like to move in.How could I say no to
> > him?Looks like we have yet another lodger again:o)
> > S.
> >

> I love ginger boys, I really want one one day. Does he look healthy?
> Just someone's cat that wanders?

sheelagh
December 12th 06, 06:54 PM
Lynne wrote:

> on Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:16:21 GMT, Lynne >
> wrote:
>
> > Now you need to think of a name for him!
>
> Oooh, I have to suggest Ringo, given your recent adventure with ring worm.
> ;-)
>
> --
> Lynne
Ringo sounds excellent, and he is a star too, so I think you have just
named him lol!:o)
S.

cybercat
December 12th 06, 06:56 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>> I love ginger boys, I really want one one day. Does he look healthy?
>> Just someone's cat that wanders

> I don't think so.He has been visiting us for around 3months now.I have
> asked about him in the area & a lady two streets ago seems to think
> that he belonged to a fellow who died in her street at around the same
> time.

Aww, poor boy.

>This is the first time that he has actually knocked on the door to
> be let in.

How did he knock? :) With his hard little head?

I think I will post a photo of him all the same @ the vet
> surgery to ensure that he doesn't though, as I am certain that I would
> be devastated if anyone started feeding him if her belonged to me.(he
> is just so handsome isn't he lol?)It looks as though his toes have been
> broken for some time too.I am not sure what the vet can do for him.I
> just want to make sure that he is in no pain though.

My God, his toes are broken?? Oh no. I'm so glad you're taking him
to get looked at. People who claim not to be able to afford vet care
don't seem to realize that many of us who take our cats in are not
rolling in money. I could have used the $70 it took for the vet to look
at Gracie and listen to her breathing and heart and give her a depo
shot for groceries or bills. But I love her, and will find it elsewhere.
It is not about can't in most cases, it is about WON'T. I think cats
deserve better than that.

>As I type he sits
> at my fet wipping his face all over my shoe's.I guess he likes a
> portable scent emitter lol?!
> S.

Cats are so funny about shoes. Every take a pair of leather shoes off
after a long day and see a cat bliss out on them? lol

Lynne
December 12th 06, 06:59 PM
on Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:54:50 GMT, "sheelagh"
> wrote:

> Ringo sounds excellent, and he is a star too, so I think you have just
> named him lol!:o)

That would be so cool if you go with Ringo! Haha.

The Paul McCartney song "Let 'Em In" started running through my head when I
saw the pic of the kitty at the door, but Paul isn't a very good name for a
kitty, so I thought of another Beatle!

Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Do me a favor,
Open the door and let 'em in

--
Lynne

sheelagh
December 12th 06, 07:02 PM
> Oooh, I have to suggest Ringo, given your recent adventure with ring worm.
cybercat wrote:
He seems to use his front left paw lol:o)

> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > >

> > cybercat wrote:
> >> I love ginger boys, I really want one one day. Does he look healthy?
> >> Just someone's cat that wanders
>

> > I don't think so.He has been visiting us for around 3months now.I have
> > asked about him in the area & a lady two streets ago seems to think
> > that he belonged to a fellow who died in her street at around the same
> > time.
>
> Aww, poor boy.
>
> >This is the first time that he has actually knocked on the door to
> > be let in.
>
> How did he knock? :) With his hard little head?
>
> I think I will post a photo of him all the same @ the vet
> > surgery to ensure that he doesn't though, as I am certain that I would
> > be devastated if anyone started feeding him if her belonged to me.(he
> > is just so handsome isn't he lol?)It looks as though his toes have been
> > broken for some time too.I am not sure what the vet can do for him.I
> > just want to make sure that he is in no pain though.
>
> My God, his toes are broken?? Oh no. I'm so glad you're taking him
> to get looked at. People who claim not to be able to afford vet care
> don't seem to realize that many of us who take our cats in are not
> rolling in money. I could have used the $70 it took for the vet to look
> at Gracie and listen to her breathing and heart and give her a depo
> shot for groceries or bills. But I love her, and will find it elsewhere.
> It is not about can't in most cases, it is about WON'T. I think cats
> deserve better than that.
>
> >As I type he sits
> > at my fet wipping his face all over my shoe's.I guess he likes a
> > portable scent emitter lol?!
> > S.
>
> Cats are so funny about shoes. Every take a pair of leather shoes off
> after a long day and see a cat bliss out on them? lol

sheelagh
December 12th 06, 07:09 PM

> That would be so cool if you go with Ringo! Haha.
>
> The Paul McCartney song "Let 'Em In" started running through my head when I
> saw the pic of the kitty at the door, but Paul isn't a very good name for a
> kitty, so I thought of another Beatle!
>

> Someone's knockin' at the door
> Somebody's ringin' the bell
> Someone's knockin' at the door
> Somebody's ringin' the bell
> Do me a favor,
> Open the door and let 'em in
>
> --
> Lynne
He has certainly knocked on the door to my heart.
S.

sheelagh
December 12th 06, 09:01 PM
>cybercat wrote:
>My God, his toes are broken??

It looks like his toe's have been like it for some time now & have set
that way;It doesn't appear to bother him- He even allowed me to have a
close look @ them as well,But I would preffer the vet looked at them
all the same,if only to reassure me that he is in no pain.

> Oh no. I'm so glad you're taking him
>to get looked at. People who claim not to be able to afford vet care
>don't seem to realize that many of us who take our cats in are not
>rolling in money. I could have used the $70 it took for the vet to look
>at Gracie and listen to her breathing and heart and give her a depo
>shot for groceries or bills. But I love her, and will find it elsewhere.
>It is not about can't in most cases, it is about WON'T. I think cats
>deserve better than that.ather the vet looked at them all the same.

I empathise with you totally.With 5kids, a 21st birthday for my
daughter just days away,& xmas just around the corner, I could think of
a few things that it could have gone on too.But nevertheless,If he did
belong to the man that I think he did-I would like to think that if the
same happened to me, that someone out there just *Might* care enough to
do the same for my cats as well.(I doubt it,but we can all wish, can't
we ?)
I have a wonderful vet who allows me to bring any of my cats that need
treatment to her, because she knows I am good for it & always pay her
the moment I can- or on the spot if I do have it to spare.Who could ask
for more?There arn't very many vets around like that any more, but I
happen to know one & am more than grateful to her for it.I count myself
lucky to know her, & so do my cats as well:o)
S.

CatNipped
December 12th 06, 09:19 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .

> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> >

>> cybercat wrote:
>>> I love ginger boys, I really want one one day. Does he look healthy?
>>> Just someone's cat that wanders
>

>> I don't think so.He has been visiting us for around 3months now.I have
>> asked about him in the area & a lady two streets ago seems to think
>> that he belonged to a fellow who died in her street at around the same
>> time.
>
> Aww, poor boy.
>
>>This is the first time that he has actually knocked on the door to
>> be let in.
>
> How did he knock? :) With his hard little head?
>
> I think I will post a photo of him all the same @ the vet
>> surgery to ensure that he doesn't though, as I am certain that I would
>> be devastated if anyone started feeding him if her belonged to me.(he
>> is just so handsome isn't he lol?)It looks as though his toes have been
>> broken for some time too.I am not sure what the vet can do for him.I
>> just want to make sure that he is in no pain though.
>
> My God, his toes are broken?? Oh no. I'm so glad you're taking him
> to get looked at. People who claim not to be able to afford vet care
> don't seem to realize that many of us who take our cats in are not
> rolling in money. I could have used the $70 it took for the vet to look
> at Gracie and listen to her breathing and heart and give her a depo
> shot for groceries or bills. But I love her, and will find it elsewhere.
> It is not about can't in most cases, it is about WON'T. I think cats
> deserve better than that.

I was a single mom - with an abusive alcoholic SOB ex who not only did not
pay child support, but also cancelled the children's medical insurance
without telling me (I was making minimum wage at the time and going to
school nights - that extra money taken out of my pay for medical insurance
*HURT*!).

But from that experience I learned that there are *ALWAYS* ways to tighten
your belt a little more in order to afford the care for the ones you love.
There were weeks that went by when all I ate was beans, or peanut butter on
stale bread, and there was cardboard slipped into the inside of my shoes to
keep my feet from poking through the holes, but my kids and my kitties never
for a moment realized how poor we were or lacked for anything.

Doing without never for a second hurt me in any way, it only served to
strengthen me and build my character (and helped me learn what was *REALLY*
important in life).

Hugs,

CatNipped

>>As I type he sits
>> at my fet wipping his face all over my shoe's.I guess he likes a
>> portable scent emitter lol?!
>> S.
>
> Cats are so funny about shoes. Every take a pair of leather shoes off
> after a long day and see a cat bliss out on them? lol

sheelagh
December 13th 06, 01:20 AM
> I was a single mom - with an abusive alcoholic SOB ex who not only did not
> pay child support, but also cancelled the children's medical insurance
> without telling me (I was making minimum wage at the time and going to
> school nights - that extra money taken out of my pay for medical insurance
> *HURT*!).

What an ars**ole!!...I feel for you & I know how hard it can be,(my ex
had exactly the same unfortune qualities too).My father once told me...
*to be born british,Is to be born lucky*-He was soooo right.There are
not many places in the world where you can walk in to any hospital & be
treated for free & not worry about a bill @ the end of it.I think a lot
of people take it for granted over here,because they have never had to
worry about it;In fact a lot of people moan that they are not seen
quickly enough or where they would prefer to be seen-Can you believe
it??!!There are people the world over that would give everything they
had for the same privaliges we have....

> But from that experience I learned that there are *ALWAYS* ways to tighten
> your belt a little more in order to afford the care for the ones you love.
> There were weeks that went by when all I ate was beans, or peanut butter on
> stale bread, and there was cardboard slipped into the inside of my shoes to
> keep my feet from poking through the holes, but my kids and my kitties never
> for a moment realized how poor we were or lacked for anything.

Lol, I had to laugh @ this one simply because I know exactly what you
mean.Rubber solvent out of a bicycle inner tube repair kit does wonders
for the holes in your shoe's btw:), &baked bean casserole/ curry
/soup/stew ect,does get a bit tedious,however,it's filling & jam on
toast made the kids smile @ the time because it was different to beans
& was sweet too.Never once was there any question about allowing the
puss cats going without or going untreated.It would have been like
choosing who got no dinner that evening...& when we do have good times,
they share that good fortune with us too :o)

> Doing without never for a second hurt me in any way, it only served to
> strengthen me and build my character (and helped me learn what was *REALLY*
> important in life).
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

This is also very true too.My eldest child is in university & aspires
to be a social worker, so that she can help kids who went through what
we did,(do you call it college?) & all of the rest of them are equally
dedicated to becoming well educated ,one of whom actually wants to be a
vet(my youngest one,Tilly-now that would be a bonus lol;o).I have had
to get up @4am to go to part time work baking bread just to make sure
that she ate every day in the past,but don't regret for one moment & I
also know how much she appreciated it as well.
It has brought us much closer together as a family & we share all of
the tasks that arise,whatever the nature of them.
When they were younger,I used to feel guilty with commercial
T.v,filling their heads with materialistic stuff that they craved
for-But now,15 years later with a rock steady father & step father-they
tell us that it is exactly that period that made them whom they are
today.Kids to be proud of & all of whom understand exactly what the
word responsibilities mean & all cat lovers too-what more could I
possibly ask for?
S.

Lesley
December 13th 06, 01:37 AM
CatNipped wrote:

> But from that experience I learned that there are *ALWAYS* ways to tighten
> your belt a little more in order to afford the care for the ones you love.

I always like to share this tale...Dave and me had both lost our jobs-
we worked for the same company- the dole was being slow getting us
sorted and there we are 3 days before the next cheque and I have 5.00
left (this being when you could get 5.00 out of the cash machine) so we
did our sums...Gaz and Issi had just had their box done so litter could
wait... 1.50 for their food for 3 days (Note sense of priority), 2.00
for rolling tobacco (I hate roll ups but when times were hard please
don't even suggest with the pair of us give up!) and 1.50 which is a
large bag of spuds and some baked beans which will fill us up

So I got the 5.00 out and as I did I noticed a 50p on the floor which
meant some butter so we could have mash and beans

Then there was a 1.00 coin..Hmmm big decision...mash and beans or maybe
boiled spuds but cheap sausages one day as a treat..And then two more
pound coins wow! mash with beans and sausages two days...

I can only work out that someone had taken some money out and as they
tried to put it in their pocket everything else spilled out..Because I
ended up following a trail of odd coins and notes that led me to....

Got home. Dave opened door to see me standing there with bagsof stuff
and me saying "Tonight we have some lamb steaks with new potatoes and
brocolli I got some pasta, we have . some fish for tomorrow and a
weeks supply of food and litter for our girls . We have real
cigarettes. There's a couple of bottles of that Italian beer you
like..Some rice etc etc..and I have enough for us to go out tonight for
a couple of beers as we've been stuck in here for most of the week..And
enough cash so I can buy a paper to look for a new job and just enough
that if one of us gets an interview we can go to it"

He asked if I had been shoplifting,...

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

sheelagh
December 13th 06, 02:50 AM
> Got home. Dave opened door to see me standing there with bags of stuff
> and me saying "Tonight we have some lamb steaks with new potatoes and
> brocolli I got some pasta, we have . some fish for tomorrow and a
> weeks supply of food and litter for our girls . We have real
> cigarettes. There's a couple of bottles of that Italian beer you
> like..Some rice etc etc..and I have enough for us to go out tonight for
> a couple of beers as we've been stuck in here for most of the week..And
> enough cash so I can buy a paper to look for a new job and just enough
> that if one of us gets an interview we can go to it"
>
> He asked if I had been shoplifting,...
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

LOL,EXCELLENT STORY LINE & FABULOUS Ending to an all to familiar story
too...Thanks for sharing it,& lucky old you!You made exactly the same
choices that I would have done as well.
I wonder how he thought you might have slipped all of that up your
jumper without being noticed??I'm certain that he must have been
delighted at your lucky find though!!I know I would have been:o)Well
done...it really is a brilliant story & so nice to hear one that has a
good ending or a change too,lol & even more lol too >"o"<

2fingah
December 13th 06, 12:00 PM
sheelagh wrote:
It now appears he would like to move in.How could I say no to
> him?Looks like we have yet another lodger again:o)
> S.

im sure he appears and IS healthy, but on the whim he's not
you gonna get him checked out? Im sure he's fine
wouldn't want him dragging some nasty disease onto your other cats

HOW MUCH IS THAT GONNA SET YOU BACK
YOU GOT THE MONEY?

LETS HAVE IT! COUGH IT UP

if you don't get him checked out, your just a knuckle dragging piece of
crap

how much money you got?

Wendy
December 13th 06, 01:18 PM
You have other cats, right? I wouldn't let the new guy share bowls and the
box until after the trip to the vet. Discuss with the vet the safest way to
integrate him into your household.

If it were me I'd get him wormed, treated for fleas, tested for FIV FeLV,
vaccinated and give him at least a week in isolation to see if any URI or
the like show up. I'd want to check him over well to see if there are any
signs of ringworm too. The last thing you need is to spread any of these
things to your cats when it can be avoided.

"sheelagh" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Lynne wrote:
>
>> on Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:40:20 GMT, "sheelagh"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > there was a knock at the front door last night, so I got up & to answer
>> > it,looked through the glass @ the top & thought to myself,I bet it is
>> > kids playing about again.I answered it just in case it was someone who
>> > was walking away.I looked down & there he was.....a splendid ginger
>> > handsom middle aged fellow.He purred at me,gave me a few leg rubs &
>> > looked at the food bowl with reproach ,then back at me again.I asked
>> > him to wait @ the door....but he didn't agree that it might be a good
>> > idea, & followed me straight through to the kitchen,helped himself the
>> > other moggie's bowls,then ran into the living room & climbed on to the
>> > softest chair he could find & currled- up & snorred the night away!!He
>> > stayed there all night,then this morning he popped out for a morning
>> > stroll,&knocked at the ltter box to be re admitted again.This is not
>> > the first time we have seen him;he has been visiting for some time
>> > now(but Is our first feline friend that knows how to knock on the door
>> > though!)~It now appears he would like to move in.How could I say no to
>> > him?Looks like we have yet another lodger again:o)
>>
>> Not only can he knock, he has great timing! Seems like you needed a new
>> lodger to fill that empty space. :)
>>
>> --
>> Lynne
> Oh Lynne, you wouldn't believe what a cuddlesome gentle-Puss he is:o)He
> was made to sit in that chair & has the most impeccable manners too,
> right down to wipping his feet on the mat as he walks in.I think we are
> going to get along just fine.We need a trip to to the vets though as he
> appears to have a few broken toe's.I also think he had a nasty dose of
> worms so I have just used some stronghold on him.Can you reccomend
> anything better for future refference please?Many thanks.
> S.(I tried to add a link for you to see him, but I am new to Pc's & not
> sure I did the right thing?)

sheelagh
December 13th 06, 01:26 PM
2fingah wrote:

> sheelagh wrote:
> It now appears he would like to move in.How could I say no to
> > him?Looks like we have yet another lodger again:o)
> > S.
>
> im sure he appears and IS healthy, but on the whim he's not
> you gonna get him checked out?

Thankyou for showing such an interest in Ringo.Yes...We have just got
back from the vets & all that was required for now was a full blood
count & his injections.He had his 1st one today & we have to return for
his second booster, for now. ~ No more ,or no less than any other cat
that we have here.Your right, I do really hope that he does have good
blood count.However,If he has any further problems, we will deal with
each problem when it happens- Why worry about something that has not
happened yet?If I did that,I would be a nervous wreck,lol!

> Im sure he's fine
> wouldn't want him dragging some nasty disease onto your other cat

Correct,& actually, It is *Cat's*.I would hate for *any* of them to
have any nasty afflictions -Who would?I care about all of them;they are
all important to me

> HOW MUCH IS THAT GONNA SET YOU BACK

So far,It has cost me £65.32 &that includes %(around $120)That
is for the double shot's & also for his bloods too.(& that is only so
far....!).Thankfully he is already nuetered,so I don't have to worry
about that one.
> YOU GOT THE MONEY?

Yes thank you.I appreciate your concern though, it is nice to know you
are concerned for me:o)

> LETS HAVE IT! COUGH IT UP
Paid in full!

> if you don't get him checked out, your just a knuckle dragging piece of
> crap

I agree with you, It would have been terribly remisent of me not to
have him seen to.I feel so much better now that I have.It has eased my
concience, & also made me feel a whole lot better knowing that he is ok
& has a good bill of health too.
Oh, By the way, the vet feels that he is around 7-8years old, & that as
he appears not to be in any pain regarding his old war wound's(broken
toe's!), so best not to break & set them again.It would only cause him
further pain & be a bit of a waste of money as well.

> how much money you got?

£65.32 less than I did have, but that is life.I don't begrudge one
penny of it.I just wish I had a little bit more in general-But then
again, who doesn't?
:o)
How are Lucy & Jupiter by the way? I hope that mummy is doing fine and
well & that the kittens are too?Our lot send lots of encouraging purr's
& head rubs to them as well.
S.

sheelagh
December 13th 06, 01:34 PM
http://picasaweb.google.com/sheelaghmadden/OURLATESTVISITOR
this is the handsom middle aged gentelman to whom I refer btw
S.

cybercat
December 13th 06, 04:58 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote

I agree with you, It would have been terribly remisent of me not to
have him seen to.I feel so much better now that I have.It has eased my
concience, & also made me feel a whole lot better knowing that he is ok
& has a good bill of health too.
Oh, By the way, the vet feels that he is around 7-8years old, & that as
he appears not to be in any pain regarding his old war wound's(broken
toe's!), so best not to break & set them again.It would only cause him
further pain & be a bit of a waste of money as well.

Great news. It is good to hear that you're taking good care of him
and your other cats, too. I know there were other things you could
have done with that money, but as with most decent people, nothing
that would make you feel better.

I hope nobody claims this handsome boy! Keep the pictures
coming. If I get to have two more cats, I am going to get a big
orange boy and a Siamese-looking cat from the shelter. (It
doesn't really matter what they look like, but I love these!)

cybercat
December 13th 06, 04:59 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> http://picasaweb.google.com/sheelaghmadden/OURLATESTVISITOR
> this is the handsom middle aged gentelman to whom I refer btw
> S.

Who is the other cat? Is that a ragdoll? Such blue eyes.

CatNipped
December 13th 06, 05:43 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> [...]
> dedicated to becoming well educated ,one of whom actually wants to be a
> vet(my youngest one,Tilly-now that would be a bonus lol;o).I have had
> to get up @4am to go to part time work baking bread just to make sure
> that she ate every day in the past,but don't regret for one moment & I
> also know how much she appreciated it as well.
> It has brought us much closer together as a family & we share all of
> the tasks that arise,whatever the nature of them.
> When they were younger,I used to feel guilty with commercial
> T.v,filling their heads with materialistic stuff that they craved
> for-But now,15 years later with a rock steady father & step father-they
> tell us that it is exactly that period that made them whom they are
> today.Kids to be proud of & all of whom understand exactly what the
> word responsibilities mean & all cat lovers too-what more could I

You're right - and that's the biggest benefit I didn't even mention. Not
only did it teach me priorities, but it taught them to my children too.
They are both grown with families of their own and, unlike a lot of more
privileged children, have never once been in trouble and both have
beautiful, healthy, well-adjusted children of their own.

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped
December 13th 06, 05:46 PM
"Lesley" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> CatNipped wrote:
>

>> But from that experience I learned that there are *ALWAYS* ways to
>> tighten
>> your belt a little more in order to afford the care for the ones you
>> love.
>

> I always like to share this tale...Dave and me had both lost our jobs-
> we worked for the same company- the dole was being slow getting us
> sorted and there we are 3 days before the next cheque and I have 5.00
> left (this being when you could get 5.00 out of the cash machine) so we
> did our sums...Gaz and Issi had just had their box done so litter could
> wait... 1.50 for their food for 3 days (Note sense of priority), 2.00
> for rolling tobacco (I hate roll ups but when times were hard please
> don't even suggest with the pair of us give up!) and 1.50 which is a
> large bag of spuds and some baked beans which will fill us up
>
> So I got the 5.00 out and as I did I noticed a 50p on the floor which
> meant some butter so we could have mash and beans
>
> Then there was a 1.00 coin..Hmmm big decision...mash and beans or maybe
> boiled spuds but cheap sausages one day as a treat..And then two more
> pound coins wow! mash with beans and sausages two days...
>
> I can only work out that someone had taken some money out and as they
> tried to put it in their pocket everything else spilled out..Because I
> ended up following a trail of odd coins and notes that led me to....
>
> Got home. Dave opened door to see me standing there with bagsof stuff
> and me saying "Tonight we have some lamb steaks with new potatoes and
> brocolli I got some pasta, we have . some fish for tomorrow and a
> weeks supply of food and litter for our girls . We have real
> cigarettes. There's a couple of bottles of that Italian beer you
> like..Some rice etc etc..and I have enough for us to go out tonight for
> a couple of beers as we've been stuck in here for most of the week..And
> enough cash so I can buy a paper to look for a new job and just enough
> that if one of us gets an interview we can go to it"
>
> He asked if I had been shoplifting,...
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Yep, if we just have faith and give our hearts fully, I truly believe Karma
will out and we'll be taken care of in the end. It's only a cliché because
it's so true... "What goes around comes around."

Hugs,

CatNipped

sheelagh
December 13th 06, 05:47 PM
cybercat wrote:

> "sheelagh" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > http://picasaweb.google.com/sheelaghmadden/OURLATESTVISITOR
> > this is the handsom middle aged gentelman to whom I refer btw
> > S.
> >

> Who is the other cat? Is that a ragdoll? Such blue eyes
..
THE FAT FELLOW WITH THE POUTY SIVER FACE IS BIFFY THE BIRMAN.HE IS A
REAL GIGGLE AND ALSO VERY TOLERANT OF RINGO TOO ,WHICH IS QUITE
SUPRISING AS HE NORMALLY LIKES STRUTING AROUND LIKE HE OWNS THE
JOINT.EARLY DAY'S WET I KNOW,BUT THEY ARE LOOKING GOOD TOGETHER.
PERSONALY I THINK ITS BECAUSE HE IS TOO FAT TO CHASE HIM LOL.HE IS MY
OTHER BIG BOY.I ALSO HAVE ONE MORE WHO IS A SEAL POINT RAGDOLL-TAZY.I
GOT TAZY FROM A SHELTER EVEN THOUGH HE IS A FULL PEDIGREE CAT-EVEN
PEDIGREE'S NEED RESCUEING NOW & AGAIN SADLY.
I HOPE YOU DO GET YOUR ORANGE MAN TOO-TAKE IT FROM, ME THEY ARE
GREAT,LOL!:-)
I PROMISE THAT I WILL KEEP THE PHOTOS COMING
S.

cybercat
December 13th 06, 05:56 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote
> Yep, if we just have faith and give our hearts fully, I truly believe
> Karma will out and we'll be taken care of in the end. It's only a cliché
> because it's so true... "What goes around comes around."

When you truly understand this, you have one of two reactions:

1. You can finally relax, because it's all coming to you just because
of who you are, and who you have always been.

2. You are truly terrified, because it is all coming for you just because
of who you are, and who you have always been.

Nice to see you back here, CN!

CatNipped
December 13th 06, 08:34 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .

> "CatNipped" > wrote
>> Yep, if we just have faith and give our hearts fully, I truly believe
>> Karma will out and we'll be taken care of in the end. It's only a cliché
>> because it's so true... "What goes around comes around."
>>

> When you truly understand this, you have one of two reactions:
>
> 1. You can finally relax, because it's all coming to you just because
> of who you are, and who you have always been.
>
> 2. You are truly terrified, because it is all coming for you just because
> of who you are, and who you have always been.

ROTFLMAOWTIME! YUP! ;>

> Nice to see you back here, CN!

Thanks, nice to be back.

Hugs,

CatNipped

sheelagh
December 13th 06, 08:41 PM
http://picasaweb.google.com/sheelaghmadden/MYFELINEFAMILYHERE
Here are some of our human & feline family too.All of them either do or
have lived here for some time.some were visitors to the feeding bowls &
some were rescue's & hand reared kitty's- but most of all, they were
*all important & always welcome too*,irrelevant of where they came
from.Even some of the pedigree looking ones were rescue's too-It is
sad, but being a pedigree doesn't mean that you can't be treated
badly.Most important they are safe and well & loved as well:o)
S.
cybercat wrote:

> "sheelagh" > wrote
>
> I agree with you, It would have been terribly remisent of me not to
> have him seen to.I feel so much better now that I have.It has eased my
> concience, & also made me feel a whole lot better knowing that he is ok
> & has a good bill of health too.
> Oh, By the way, the vet feels that he is around 7-8years old, & that as
> he appears not to be in any pain regarding his old war wound's(broken
> toe's!), so best not to break & set them again.It would only cause him
> further pain & be a bit of a waste of money as well.
>

> Great news. It is good to hear that you're taking good care of him
> and your other cats, too. I know there were other things you could
> have done with that money, but as with most decent people, nothing
> that would make you feel better.
>
> I hope nobody claims this handsome boy! Keep the pictures
> coming. If I get to have two more cats, I am going to get a big
> orange boy and a Siamese-looking cat from the shelter. (It
> doesn't really matter what they look like, but I love these!)

cybercat
December 13th 06, 11:02 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> http://picasaweb.google.com/sheelaghmadden/MYFELINEFAMILYHERE
> Here are some of our human & feline family too.All of them either do or
> have lived here for some time.some were visitors to the feeding bowls &
> some were rescue's & hand reared kitty's- but most of all, they were
> *all important & always welcome too*,irrelevant of where they came
> from.Even some of the pedigree looking ones were rescue's too-It is
> sad, but being a pedigree doesn't mean that you can't be treated
> badly.Most important they are safe and well & loved as well:o)
> S.

Sheelagh! Thank goodness you are typing normally, your last, all-caps
post was most alarming! ;) You have a lovely family.

cybercat
December 13th 06, 11:06 PM
"sheelagh" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> http://picasaweb.google.com/sheelaghmadden/MYFELINEFAMILYHERE
> Here are some of our human & feline family too.

The fourth one from the left kills me! What is it with these
UK cats and those stiff upper lips! Such dignity, such decorum! hahaha! He
is very beautful.

Cheryl
December 14th 06, 12:58 AM
On Tue 12 Dec 2006 07:37:26p, Lesley wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
oups.com>:

> I can only work out that someone had taken some money out and as
> they tried to put it in their pocket everything else spilled
> out..Because I ended up following a trail of odd coins and notes
> that led me to....
>
> Got home. Dave opened door to see me standing there with bagsof
> stuff and me saying "Tonight we have some lamb steaks with new
> potatoes and brocolli I got some pasta, we have . some fish for
> tomorrow and a weeks supply of food and litter for our girls .
> We have real cigarettes. There's a couple of bottles of that
> Italian beer you like..Some rice etc etc..and I have enough for
> us to go out tonight for a couple of beers as we've been stuck
> in here for most of the week..And enough cash so I can buy a
> paper to look for a new job and just enough that if one of us
> gets an interview we can go to it"
>
> He asked if I had been shoplifting,...

Neat story Lesley! I was reading along, and when I got to the part
where you met Dave at the door, I thought you were going to tell us
that he told you he lost all of the money in his pockets, and that
you'd found and spent his. =p

--
Cheryl

doyouhearwhatihear
December 14th 06, 12:41 PM
sheelagh wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
>
> > "sheelagh" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> > > http://picasaweb.google.com/sheelaghmadden/OURLATESTVISITOR
> > > this is the handsom middle aged gentelman to whom I refer btw
> > > S.
> > >

> > Who is the other cat? Is that a ragdoll? Such blue eyes
> .
> THE FAT FELLOW WITH THE POUTY SIVER FACE IS BIFFY THE BIRMAN.HE IS A
> REAL GIGGLE AND ALSO VERY TOLERANT OF RINGO TOO ,WHICH IS QUITE
> SUPRISING AS HE NORMALLY LIKES STRUTING AROUND LIKE HE OWNS THE
> JOINT.EARLY DAY'S WET I KNOW,BUT THEY ARE LOOKING GOOD TOGETHER.
> PERSONALY I THINK ITS BECAUSE HE IS TOO FAT TO CHASE HIM LOL.HE IS MY
> OTHER BIG BOY.I ALSO HAVE ONE MORE WHO IS A SEAL POINT RAGDOLL-TAZY.I
> GOT TAZY FROM A SHELTER EVEN THOUGH HE IS A FULL PEDIGREE CAT-EVEN
> PEDIGREE'S NEED RESCUEING NOW & AGAIN SADLY.
> I HOPE YOU DO GET YOUR ORANGE MAN TOO-TAKE IT FROM, ME THEY ARE
> GREAT,LOL!:-)
> I PROMISE THAT I WILL KEEP THE PHOTOS COMING
> S.

heee

sheelagh
December 14th 06, 03:21 PM
cybercat wrote

> The fourth one from the left kills me! What is it with these
> UK cats and those stiff upper lips! Such dignity, such decorum! hahaha! He
> is very beautful.

Biffy said to tell you thanks you very much indeed....he apprecited the
comment immensly :o)
Your right, he is a *Spiffing gent* & preening himself right now with
pride,no blushes from him!(roflol)
S.