PDA

View Full Version : What a haul!

Marina
December 12th 06, 01:19 PM
Today when I came home from work, there were seven cards waiting for me!
Next to sending out cards, receiving them is the most fun! I've had a
total of 14 now, and only one from a non-rpca person.

All scritches and cuddles sent to the cats have been duly distributed.
And Catherine! Robin's whisker looks exactly the same as one of
Miranda's - up to the little curl at the end. I always thought he looked
like a Russian Blue.

Pat
December 12th 06, 02:25 PM
"Marina" > wrote

> Today when I came home from work, there were seven cards waiting for me!
> Next to sending out cards, receiving them is the most fun! I've had a
> total of 14 now, and only one from a non-rpca person.
>
> All scritches and cuddles sent to the cats have been duly distributed. And
> Catherine! Robin's whisker looks exactly the same as one of Miranda's - up
> to the little curl at the end. I always thought he looked like a Russian
> Blue.

Oh dear! I got a whisker too! Catherine, have you been saving up shed
whiskers all year?

CATherine
December 13th 06, 12:59 AM
On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:19:29 +0200, Marina >
wrote:

>Today when I came home from work, there were seven cards waiting for me!
>Next to sending out cards, receiving them is the most fun! I've had a
>total of 14 now, and only one from a non-rpca person.
>
>All scritches and cuddles sent to the cats have been duly distributed.
>And Catherine! Robin's whisker looks exactly the same as one of
>Miranda's - up to the little curl at the end. I always thought he looked
>like a Russian Blue.

I am sure he is at least half Russian Blue; and with the curl like
Miranda's, that makes it even more likely. He fits all the criteria
but the eye color and the two little white spots. When I found his
first shed whisker, I saw it in a bright light and was surprised it
wasn't black. I had thought all whiskers were either black or white.
But his are blue.

I have four cards; but I haven't been to my P.O. box for a week; so I
am sure there are several there. Thanks for the lovely kitty card,
Marina. I so enjoy the cards and get excited over the foreign ones;
the language lesson and the different stamps.

--
CATherine

Adrian A
December 13th 06, 04:12 PM
CATherine wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:19:29 +0200, Marina >
> wrote:
>
>> Today when I came home from work, there were seven cards waiting for
>> me! Next to sending out cards, receiving them is the most fun! I've
>> had a total of 14 now, and only one from a non-rpca person.
>>
>> All scritches and cuddles sent to the cats have been duly
>> distributed. And Catherine! Robin's whisker looks exactly the same
>> as one of Miranda's - up to the little curl at the end. I always
>> thought he looked like a Russian Blue.
>
> I am sure he is at least half Russian Blue; and with the curl like
> Miranda's, that makes it even more likely. He fits all the criteria
> but the eye color and the two little white spots. When I found his
> first shed whisker, I saw it in a bright light and was surprised it
> wasn't black. I had thought all whiskers were either black or white.
> But his are blue.
>
> I have four cards; but I haven't been to my P.O. box for a week; so I
> am sure there are several there. Thanks for the lovely kitty card,
> Marina. I so enjoy the cards and get excited over the foreign ones;
> the language lesson and the different stamps.

I save all the stamps I get, they then get used to raise money for guide
dogs for the blind.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Marina
December 13th 06, 04:30 PM
CATherine wrote:
> I am sure he is at least half Russian Blue; and with the curl like
> Miranda's, that makes it even more likely. He fits all the criteria
> but the eye color and the two little white spots. When I found his
> first shed whisker, I saw it in a bright light and was surprised it
> wasn't black. I had thought all whiskers were either black or white.
> But his are blue.

It's an amazing colour. Almost makes me understand breeders who want to
breed cats for certain colours. ;o) Almost. Miranda is so blue all over,
including nose and paw pads and whiskers. And it's not plain grey,
there's a definite blue tint. I can never get enough of studying her.

CATherine
December 14th 06, 03:30 AM
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:30:32 +0200, Marina >
wrote:

>CATherine wrote:
>> I am sure he is at least half Russian Blue; and with the curl like
>> Miranda's, that makes it even more likely. He fits all the criteria
>> but the eye color and the two little white spots. When I found his
>> first shed whisker, I saw it in a bright light and was surprised it
>> wasn't black. I had thought all whiskers were either black or white.
>> But his are blue.
>
>It's an amazing colour. Almost makes me understand breeders who want to
>breed cats for certain colours. ;o) Almost. Miranda is so blue all over,
>including nose and paw pads and whiskers. And it's not plain grey,
>there's a definite blue tint. I can never get enough of studying her.

I had a gray cat once and Robin is definitely blue in comparison. I
love the way it silvers in different angles of light.

--
CATherine