PDA

View Full Version : Trudi the intruder

Stormmee
December 12th 06, 07:35 PM
So the other cats didn't like tiger much but we had hoped that TV and Tiger
would buddy up. They were both so big and Violette preferred OEJ to play
with so when it didn't work out we were sad. Then I got the bright idea of
getting another cat... So off to petsmart and the APL we went, several
times, then... On March DH saw a lovely cat, all black, with 4 white paws,
very large 9 months old and already ten pounds, and no fat on him... and DH
loved that every whisker was snow white... and his name was pooka, and I
loved that movie... We got him out, he was decent to DH but didn't much care
for me so we let him back into his cage and left...

The next morning DH was ill, very ill, DH rarely gets ill so I sent him back
to bed, put all the cats in with him and closed the bedroom door. I was
going out for a cigarette and didn't want any chance of one of them getting
out and having to have DH chase them down... so... I opened the door.
started to light the smoke and up my nightgown ran something,... about the
size of a rat and felt as wet and nasty as I imagine a rat would feel... so
when it stopped on my shoulder I started yelling...

I had turned on the radio and at that moment the song by savage garden" I
knew I loved you... was on the radio... pertinent line is..." I must have
dreamed you into life..."

DH comes running, I beg him to tell me what is on my shoulder is NOT a
rat... He says, NO its a cat, and you are not allowed into petsmart ever
again... it was a tiny girl, all black with 4 white paws and snow white
whiskers... The others treated her like an intruder and she certainly
intruded into everyone's business so her name was Trudi,

Lee

mlbriggs
December 12th 06, 07:55 PM
On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:35:42 -0600, Stormmee wrote:

> So the other cats didn't like tiger much but we had hoped that TV and Tiger
> would buddy up. They were both so big and Violette preferred OEJ to play
> with so when it didn't work out we were sad. Then I got the bright idea of
> getting another cat... So off to petsmart and the APL we went, several
> times, then... On March DH saw a lovely cat, all black, with 4 white paws,
> very large 9 months old and already ten pounds, and no fat on him... and DH
> loved that every whisker was snow white... and his name was pooka, and I
> loved that movie... We got him out, he was decent to DH but didn't much care
> for me so we let him back into his cage and left...
>
> The next morning DH was ill, very ill, DH rarely gets ill so I sent him back
> to bed, put all the cats in with him and closed the bedroom door. I was
> going out for a cigarette and didn't want any chance of one of them getting
> out and having to have DH chase them down... so... I opened the door.
> started to light the smoke and up my nightgown ran something,... about the
> size of a rat and felt as wet and nasty as I imagine a rat would feel... so
> when it stopped on my shoulder I started yelling...
>
> I had turned on the radio and at that moment the song by savage garden" I
> knew I loved you... was on the radio... pertinent line is..." I must have
> dreamed you into life..."
>
> DH comes running, I beg him to tell me what is on my shoulder is NOT a
> rat... He says, NO its a cat, and you are not allowed into petsmart ever
> again... it was a tiny girl, all black with 4 white paws and snow white
> whiskers... The others treated her like an intruder and she certainly
> intruded into everyone's business so her name was Trudi,
>
> Lee

I love that story. Best wishes. MLB

Stormmee
December 12th 06, 08:25 PM
thanks, she is a very special little girl, Lee
mlbriggs > wrote in message
> On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:35:42 -0600, Stormmee wrote:
>
> > So the other cats didn't like tiger much but we had hoped that TV and
Tiger
> > would buddy up. They were both so big and Violette preferred OEJ to
play
> > with so when it didn't work out we were sad. Then I got the bright idea
of
> > getting another cat... So off to petsmart and the APL we went, several
> > times, then... On March DH saw a lovely cat, all black, with 4 white
paws,
> > very large 9 months old and already ten pounds, and no fat on him... and
DH
> > loved that every whisker was snow white... and his name was pooka, and I
> > loved that movie... We got him out, he was decent to DH but didn't much
care
> > for me so we let him back into his cage and left...
> >
> > The next morning DH was ill, very ill, DH rarely gets ill so I sent him
back
> > to bed, put all the cats in with him and closed the bedroom door. I was
> > going out for a cigarette and didn't want any chance of one of them
getting
> > out and having to have DH chase them down... so... I opened the door.
> > started to light the smoke and up my nightgown ran something,... about
the
> > size of a rat and felt as wet and nasty as I imagine a rat would feel...
so
> > when it stopped on my shoulder I started yelling...
> >
> > I had turned on the radio and at that moment the song by savage garden"
> > knew I loved you... was on the radio... pertinent line is..." I must
have
> > dreamed you into life..."
> >
> > DH comes running, I beg him to tell me what is on my shoulder is NOT a
> > rat... He says, NO its a cat, and you are not allowed into petsmart ever
> > again... it was a tiny girl, all black with 4 white paws and snow white
> > whiskers... The others treated her like an intruder and she certainly
> > intruded into everyone's business so her name was Trudi,
> >
> > Lee
>

> I love that story. Best wishes. MLB

CATherine
December 13th 06, 02:11 AM
On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:35:42 -0600, "Stormmee"
> wrote:

>So the other cats didn't like tiger much but we had hoped that TV and Tiger
>would buddy up. They were both so big and Violette preferred OEJ to play
>with so when it didn't work out we were sad. Then I got the bright idea of
>getting another cat... So off to petsmart and the APL we went, several
>times, then... On March DH saw a lovely cat, all black, with 4 white paws,
>very large 9 months old and already ten pounds, and no fat on him... and DH
>loved that every whisker was snow white... and his name was pooka, and I
>loved that movie... We got him out, he was decent to DH but didn't much care
>for me so we let him back into his cage and left...
>
>The next morning DH was ill, very ill, DH rarely gets ill so I sent him back
>to bed, put all the cats in with him and closed the bedroom door. I was
>going out for a cigarette and didn't want any chance of one of them getting
>out and having to have DH chase them down... so... I opened the door.
>started to light the smoke and up my nightgown ran something,... about the
>size of a rat and felt as wet and nasty as I imagine a rat would feel... so
>when it stopped on my shoulder I started yelling...
>
>I had turned on the radio and at that moment the song by savage garden" I
>knew I loved you... was on the radio... pertinent line is..." I must have
>dreamed you into life..."
>
>DH comes running, I beg him to tell me what is on my shoulder is NOT a
>rat... He says, NO its a cat, and you are not allowed into petsmart ever
>again... it was a tiny girl, all black with 4 white paws and snow white
>whiskers... The others treated her like an intruder and she certainly
>intruded into everyone's business so her name was Trudi,
>
>Lee

What a way to be chosen by a cat! I am greatly enjoying your cat
stories. I have three cats. Robin, a 4 yo Russian Blue mix that just
showed up at 10 months of age and just wormed his way into everyone's
heart, even Djosers. Djoser is a 15 yo black panther that is actually
good friends with Robin after the introductory wars. He is my bed
buddy. Sheba is a 15yo tortie that is diabetic and thinks she is being
starved. She has one thing on her mind...food! She thinks she ought to
be 15 or 20 pounds instead of 12. If the boys catch a mouse, she takes
it away from them. She is always trying to tell them with growls not
to play with food. It is to be eaten, like this!! Chomp, slurp!!

--
CATherine

Stormmee
December 13th 06, 02:16 AM
glad you are enjoying them, its making me very happy to serve them all over
again, and glad to know about yours as well. Lee
CATherine > wrote in message
> On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:35:42 -0600, "Stormmee"
> > wrote:
>
> >So the other cats didn't like tiger much but we had hoped that TV and
Tiger
> >would buddy up. They were both so big and Violette preferred OEJ to play
> >with so when it didn't work out we were sad. Then I got the bright idea
of
> >getting another cat... So off to petsmart and the APL we went, several
> >times, then... On March DH saw a lovely cat, all black, with 4 white
paws,
> >very large 9 months old and already ten pounds, and no fat on him... and
DH
> >loved that every whisker was snow white... and his name was pooka, and I
> >loved that movie... We got him out, he was decent to DH but didn't much
care
> >for me so we let him back into his cage and left...
> >
> >The next morning DH was ill, very ill, DH rarely gets ill so I sent him
back
> >to bed, put all the cats in with him and closed the bedroom door. I was
> >going out for a cigarette and didn't want any chance of one of them
getting
> >out and having to have DH chase them down... so... I opened the door.
> >started to light the smoke and up my nightgown ran something,... about
the
> >size of a rat and felt as wet and nasty as I imagine a rat would feel...
so
> >when it stopped on my shoulder I started yelling...
> >
> >I had turned on the radio and at that moment the song by savage garden" I
> >knew I loved you... was on the radio... pertinent line is..." I must have
> >dreamed you into life..."
> >
> >DH comes running, I beg him to tell me what is on my shoulder is NOT a
> >rat... He says, NO its a cat, and you are not allowed into petsmart ever
> >again... it was a tiny girl, all black with 4 white paws and snow white
> >whiskers... The others treated her like an intruder and she certainly
> >intruded into everyone's business so her name was Trudi,
> >
> >Lee
> >
> What a way to be chosen by a cat! I am greatly enjoying your cat
> stories. I have three cats. Robin, a 4 yo Russian Blue mix that just
> showed up at 10 months of age and just wormed his way into everyone's
> heart, even Djosers. Djoser is a 15 yo black panther that is actually
> good friends with Robin after the introductory wars. He is my bed
> buddy. Sheba is a 15yo tortie that is diabetic and thinks she is being
> starved. She has one thing on her mind...food! She thinks she ought to
> be 15 or 20 pounds instead of 12. If the boys catch a mouse, she takes
> it away from them. She is always trying to tell them with growls not
> to play with food. It is to be eaten, like this!! Chomp, slurp!!
>
> --
> CATherine

December 14th 06, 01:15 AM
Stormmee > wrote:

> DH comes running, I beg him to tell me what is on my shoulder is NOT a
> rat... He says, NO its a cat, and you are not allowed into petsmart ever
> again... it was a tiny girl, all black with 4 white paws and snow white
> whiskers... The others treated her like an intruder and she certainly
> intruded into everyone's business so her name was Trudi,

Not allowed into Petsmart? But this kitty found you anyway, without you
even leaving the house! :)

I love that the song on the radio was so pertinent.

Joyce

Stormmee
December 14th 06, 06:22 PM
DH says I made her up in my mind from his description of the one at
petsmart... and when I get Chester's story written you will see... well DH
is not strict... in fact pretty purrfect, Lee
> wrote in message
> Stormmee > wrote:
>
> > DH comes running, I beg him to tell me what is on my shoulder is NOT a
> > rat... He says, NO its a cat, and you are not allowed into petsmart
ever
> > again... it was a tiny girl, all black with 4 white paws and snow white
> > whiskers... The others treated her like an intruder and she certainly
> > intruded into everyone's business so her name was Trudi,
>

> Not allowed into Petsmart? But this kitty found you anyway, without you
> even leaving the house! :)
>
> I love that the song on the radio was so pertinent.
>
> Joyce

meeee
December 15th 06, 11:50 PM
I love Trudi's story....it's funny how they know who to run to, isn't it?
Poor little thing outside in the cold and wet.

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> So the other cats didn't like tiger much but we had hoped that TV and
> Tiger
> would buddy up. They were both so big and Violette preferred OEJ to play
> with so when it didn't work out we were sad. Then I got the bright idea
> of
> getting another cat... So off to petsmart and the APL we went, several
> times, then... On March DH saw a lovely cat, all black, with 4 white paws,
> very large 9 months old and already ten pounds, and no fat on him... and
> DH
> loved that every whisker was snow white... and his name was pooka, and I
> loved that movie... We got him out, he was decent to DH but didn't much
> care
> for me so we let him back into his cage and left...
>
> The next morning DH was ill, very ill, DH rarely gets ill so I sent him
> back
> to bed, put all the cats in with him and closed the bedroom door. I was
> going out for a cigarette and didn't want any chance of one of them
> getting
> out and having to have DH chase them down... so... I opened the door.
> started to light the smoke and up my nightgown ran something,... about the
> size of a rat and felt as wet and nasty as I imagine a rat would feel...
> so
> when it stopped on my shoulder I started yelling...
>
> I had turned on the radio and at that moment the song by savage garden" I
> knew I loved you... was on the radio... pertinent line is..." I must have
> dreamed you into life..."
>
> DH comes running, I beg him to tell me what is on my shoulder is NOT a
> rat... He says, NO its a cat, and you are not allowed into petsmart ever
> again... it was a tiny girl, all black with 4 white paws and snow white
> whiskers... The others treated her like an intruder and she certainly
> intruded into everyone's business so her name was Trudi,
>
> Lee

Stormmee
December 16th 06, 04:52 AM
her story is much worse than we ever knew but I will save that for another
time when I am under control well enough to write it, she is a very special
girl in deed, Lee
meeee > wrote in message
> I love Trudi's story....it's funny how they know who to run to, isn't it?
> Poor little thing outside in the cold and wet.
>
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
> > So the other cats didn't like tiger much but we had hoped that TV and
> > Tiger
> > would buddy up. They were both so big and Violette preferred OEJ to
play
> > with so when it didn't work out we were sad. Then I got the bright idea
> > of
> > getting another cat... So off to petsmart and the APL we went, several
> > times, then... On March DH saw a lovely cat, all black, with 4 white
paws,
> > very large 9 months old and already ten pounds, and no fat on him... and
> > DH
> > loved that every whisker was snow white... and his name was pooka, and I
> > loved that movie... We got him out, he was decent to DH but didn't much
> > care
> > for me so we let him back into his cage and left...
> >
> > The next morning DH was ill, very ill, DH rarely gets ill so I sent him
> > back
> > to bed, put all the cats in with him and closed the bedroom door. I was
> > going out for a cigarette and didn't want any chance of one of them
> > getting
> > out and having to have DH chase them down... so... I opened the door.
> > started to light the smoke and up my nightgown ran something,... about
the
> > size of a rat and felt as wet and nasty as I imagine a rat would feel...
> > so
> > when it stopped on my shoulder I started yelling...
> >
> > I had turned on the radio and at that moment the song by savage garden"
> > knew I loved you... was on the radio... pertinent line is..." I must
have
> > dreamed you into life..."
> >
> > DH comes running, I beg him to tell me what is on my shoulder is NOT a
> > rat... He says, NO its a cat, and you are not allowed into petsmart ever
> > again... it was a tiny girl, all black with 4 white paws and snow white
> > whiskers... The others treated her like an intruder and she certainly
> > intruded into everyone's business so her name was Trudi,
> >
> > Lee

meeee
December 16th 06, 05:25 AM
:(

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> her story is much worse than we ever knew but I will save that for another
> time when I am under control well enough to write it, she is a very
> special
> girl in deed, Lee
> meeee > wrote in message
>> I love Trudi's story....it's funny how they know who to run to, isn't it?
>> Poor little thing outside in the cold and wet.
>>
>> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> > So the other cats didn't like tiger much but we had hoped that TV and
>> > Tiger
>> > would buddy up. They were both so big and Violette preferred OEJ to
> play
>> > with so when it didn't work out we were sad. Then I got the bright
>> > idea
>> > of
>> > getting another cat... So off to petsmart and the APL we went, several
>> > times, then... On March DH saw a lovely cat, all black, with 4 white
> paws,
>> > very large 9 months old and already ten pounds, and no fat on him...
>> > and
>> > DH
>> > loved that every whisker was snow white... and his name was pooka, and
>> > loved that movie... We got him out, he was decent to DH but didn't much
>> > care
>> > for me so we let him back into his cage and left...
>> >
>> > The next morning DH was ill, very ill, DH rarely gets ill so I sent him
>> > back
>> > to bed, put all the cats in with him and closed the bedroom door. I
>> > was
>> > going out for a cigarette and didn't want any chance of one of them
>> > getting
>> > out and having to have DH chase them down... so... I opened the door.
>> > started to light the smoke and up my nightgown ran something,... about
> the
>> > size of a rat and felt as wet and nasty as I imagine a rat would
>> > feel...
>> > so
>> > when it stopped on my shoulder I started yelling...
>> >
>> > I had turned on the radio and at that moment the song by savage garden"
>> > knew I loved you... was on the radio... pertinent line is..." I must
> have
>> > dreamed you into life..."
>> >
>> > DH comes running, I beg him to tell me what is on my shoulder is NOT a
>> > rat... He says, NO its a cat, and you are not allowed into petsmart
>> > ever
>> > again... it was a tiny girl, all black with 4 white paws and snow white
>> > whiskers... The others treated her like an intruder and she certainly
>> > intruded into everyone's business so her name was Trudi,
>> >
>> > Lee

polonca12000
December 16th 06, 11:23 PM
What a great name!