PDA

View Full Version : Rest in peace Nash

Lynnette Miller
December 13th 06, 06:10 AM
Nash died on Monday morning in my arms. We had a really good weekend and
thought he was doing well. My husband and I were able to spend a lot of time
with him. He was eating and drinking. We took him to bed with us and he
slept between me and my husband although he would wet the bed. At this point
it didn't really matter. We just put some plastic bags under his blankets.
When we woke in the morning, we just knew that it wouldn't be long. His eyes
were glazing. I just hope that the 6 months he spent with us were better
than he would have gotten elsewhere. Of course, as his last act of defiance,
he peed on me. Once again, not really important.

My other guys are wondering where is he is. They are looking for him. I keep
looking for him. All I know is that it is something to sit in the middle of
the floor and have my other guys sit in my lap because they know I need
them. I am covered in cats. I guess the treats help.

Then to top it all off, yesterday (Tuesday) I found out that a wonderful
woman who taught me everything important to do in case of a trauma (i.e.
apply lipstick first) passed away. She was an animal lover so I'd just like
to think that she and Nash are taking care of each other.

Thanks for everything.
Lynn Miller

-L.
December 13th 06, 08:19 AM
Lynnette Miller wrote:
> Nash died on Monday morning in my arms. We had a really good weekend and
> thought he was doing well. My husband and I were able to spend a lot of time
> with him. He was eating and drinking. We took him to bed with us and he
> slept between me and my husband although he would wet the bed. At this point
> it didn't really matter. We just put some plastic bags under his blankets.
> When we woke in the morning, we just knew that it wouldn't be long. His eyes
> were glazing. I just hope that the 6 months he spent with us were better
> than he would have gotten elsewhere. Of course, as his last act of defiance,
> he peed on me. Once again, not really important.
>
> My other guys are wondering where is he is. They are looking for him. I keep
> looking for him. All I know is that it is something to sit in the middle of
> the floor and have my other guys sit in my lap because they know I need
> them. I am covered in cats. I guess the treats help.
>
> Then to top it all off, yesterday (Tuesday) I found out that a wonderful
> woman who taught me everything important to do in case of a trauma (i.e.
> apply lipstick first) passed away. She was an animal lover so I'd just like
> to think that she and Nash are taking care of each other.
>
> Thanks for everything.
> Lynn Miller

So sorry to hear of your losses. I hope you can find some peace in the
weeks and months to come.

-L.

Modell Rocks
December 13th 06, 09:27 AM
Lynnette Miller wrote:
> Nash died on Monday morning in my arms. We had a really good weekend and
> thought he was doing well. My husband and I were able to spend a lot of time
> with him. He was eating and drinking. We took him to bed with us and he
> slept between me and my husband although he would wet the bed. At this point
> it didn't really matter. We just put some plastic bags under his blankets.
> When we woke in the morning, we just knew that it wouldn't be long. His eyes
> were glazing. I just hope that the 6 months he spent with us were better
> than he would have gotten elsewhere. Of course, as his last act of defiance,
> he peed on me. Once again, not really important.

At least you got to spend some time with your infant son.
Interesting story.

2fingah
December 13th 06, 10:16 AM
Lynnette Miller wrote:

> Then to top it all off, yesterday (Tuesday) I found out that a wonderful
> woman who taught me everything important to do in case of a trauma (i.e.
> apply lipstick first) passed away. She was an animal lover so I'd just like
> to think that she and Nash are taking care of each other.
>
> Thanks for everything.
> Lynn Miller

Yes Im sure they are taking care of each other
they say deaths come in 3's, ANYONE ELSE?
anyone at all!? :/

I think it helps if we know what is coming, rather than suddenly
without warning.

Take care

Barry

Lynne
December 13th 06, 01:05 PM
on Wed, 13 Dec 2006 06:10:13 GMT, "Lynnette Miller"
> wrote:

> Nash died on Monday morning in my arms.

I'm so sorry to hear that. You gave him a lovely last 6 months of life and
a peaceful exit. So many cats never get that kind of chance. He was a
lucky boy to have you.

--
Lynne

Rhonda
December 13th 06, 03:32 PM
Lynn, I think this little guy needed you -- he chose you to take care of
him because he knew he didn't have much time.

He was very lucky to have found you.

Take care,

Rhonda

Lynnette Miller wrote:
> I just hope that the 6 months he spent with us were better
> than he would have gotten elsewhere.

cybercat
December 13th 06, 03:59 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> Lynn, I think this little guy needed you -- he chose you to take care of
> him because he knew he didn't have much time.
>
> He was very lucky to have found you.

Yes, he was.

CatNipped
December 13th 06, 04:38 PM
"Lynnette Miller" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Nash died on Monday morning in my arms. We had a really good weekend and
> thought he was doing well. My husband and I were able to spend a lot of
> time with him. He was eating and drinking. We took him to bed with us and
> he slept between me and my husband although he would wet the bed. At this
> point it didn't really matter. We just put some plastic bags under his
> blankets. When we woke in the morning, we just knew that it wouldn't be
> long. His eyes were glazing. I just hope that the 6 months he spent with
> us were better than he would have gotten elsewhere. Of course, as his last
> act of defiance, he peed on me. Once again, not really important.
>
> My other guys are wondering where is he is. They are looking for him. I
> keep looking for him. All I know is that it is something to sit in the
> middle of the floor and have my other guys sit in my lap because they know
> I need them. I am covered in cats. I guess the treats help.
>
> Then to top it all off, yesterday (Tuesday) I found out that a wonderful
> woman who taught me everything important to do in case of a trauma (i.e.
> apply lipstick first) passed away. She was an animal lover so I'd just
> like to think that she and Nash are taking care of each other.
>
> Thanks for everything.
> Lynn Miller

Lynn, I'm so sorry to hear about Nash and your friend! Many purrs coming
your way to help sooth your broken heart!

Hugs,

CatNipped

blkcatgal
December 13th 06, 11:51 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Nash. Even though he was only with you a short
time, he knew he was loved. My sincere condolences.

Sue
"Lynnette Miller" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Nash died on Monday morning in my arms. We had a really good weekend and
> thought he was doing well. My husband and I were able to spend a lot of
> time with him. He was eating and drinking. We took him to bed with us and
> he slept between me and my husband although he would wet the bed. At this
> point it didn't really matter. We just put some plastic bags under his
> blankets. When we woke in the morning, we just knew that it wouldn't be
> long. His eyes were glazing. I just hope that the 6 months he spent with
> us were better than he would have gotten elsewhere. Of course, as his last
> act of defiance, he peed on me. Once again, not really important.
>
> My other guys are wondering where is he is. They are looking for him. I
> keep looking for him. All I know is that it is something to sit in the
> middle of the floor and have my other guys sit in my lap because they know
> I need them. I am covered in cats. I guess the treats help.
>
> Then to top it all off, yesterday (Tuesday) I found out that a wonderful
> woman who taught me everything important to do in case of a trauma (i.e.
> apply lipstick first) passed away. She was an animal lover so I'd just
> like to think that she and Nash are taking care of each other.
>
> Thanks for everything.
> Lynn Miller

barely perished
December 14th 06, 06:46 AM
blkcatgal wrote:
> I am so sorry to hear about Nash. Even though he was only with you a short
> time, he knew he was loved. My sincere condolences.

I'm sure he'll be delicious, tho.

sheelagh
December 14th 06, 03:55 PM
Lynnette Miller wrote:
>She was an animal lover so I'd just like
> to think that she and Nash are taking care of each other.

Sincere condolances,utter empathy & sympathy too.
I am so glad that you got the chance to say goodbye to him & I am sure
that he is not only with your good friend, but also watching over you
from the other side of the rainbow bridge.
I am more than certain that the rest of your feline family will be
there to offer comfort to you, & share your grief in when those sudden
moments of loss that arise unbidden @ times.
A choir of deep throated purr's are sent from us as well...
S.