PDA

View Full Version : Pet Food Direct


cybercat
December 14th 06, 06:22 PM
Anybody else use them? They are really, really slow this time of year, maybe
because of the holidays. I put an order in on Dec. 6 and was just notified
yesterday that it had left their warehouse--a full week after placing the
order.

Is there a better cat food/supply source? Faster?

Track Packages & Freight Quantum View Flex Global View


Tracking Detail | Help

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 12/15/2006.


Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Type: Package
Status: In Transit - On Time
Scheduled Delivery: 12/15/2006
Shipped to: LYNCHBURG, VA, US
Shipped or Billed on: 12/13/2006
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 21.70 Lbs

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
LAUREL,
MD, US 12/13/2006 11:11 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HORSHAM,
PA, US 12/13/2006 8:56 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/13/2006 8:23 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 12/13/2006 6:10 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED


Tracking results provided by UPS: 12/14/2006 11:58 A.M. EST (USA)

Lynne
December 14th 06, 06:28 PM
on Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:22:52 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> Shipped to: LYNCHBURG, VA, US

Oh, you live in Lynchburg! I went to college and grad school at VA Tech.
Boy do I miss that area!!

--
Lynne

cybercat
December 14th 06, 07:22 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
. 97.142...
> on Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:22:52 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> Shipped to: LYNCHBURG, VA, US
>
> Oh, you live in Lynchburg! I went to college and grad school at VA Tech.
> Boy do I miss that area!!
>

Actually, no, the cat food is a gift. However, I have done a lot of work at
VA Tech, and visited Roanoke, Blacksburg, Christiansburg and Lynchburg on
many occasions for work and for pleasure, with my husband. I live in
Raleigh, North Carolina.

MaryL
December 14th 06, 07:26 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
> Anybody else use them? They are really, really slow this time of year,
> maybe because of the holidays. I put an order in on Dec. 6 and was just
> notified yesterday that it had left their warehouse--a full week after
> placing the order.
>
> Is there a better cat food/supply source? Faster?
>
> Track Packages & Freight Quantum View Flex Global View
>
>
> Tracking Detail | Help
>
> Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 12/15/2006.
>
>
> Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
> Type: Package
> Status: In Transit - On Time
> Scheduled Delivery: 12/15/2006
> Shipped to: LYNCHBURG, VA, US
> Shipped or Billed on: 12/13/2006
> Service Type: GROUND
> Weight: 21.70 Lbs
>
> Package Progress
> Location Date Local Time Description
> LAUREL,
> MD, US 12/13/2006 11:11 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
> HORSHAM,
> PA, US 12/13/2006 8:56 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
> 12/13/2006 8:23 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
> US 12/13/2006 6:10 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
>
>
> Tracking results provided by UPS: 12/14/2006 11:58 A.M. EST (USA)
>

I have been very pleased with them, both with the way they package and with
service. I have seen some other reports similar to yours, but I keep such a
big stock that I may not have noticed seasonal slowdowns. I am always
concerned that certain items may not be available, so I keep several months'
supply on hand and then order several cases when they have their best sales
(usually 22 percent discount). I guess this doesn't really answer your
question, but I thought I would put in a good word for them because they
really have been reliable -- and, unlike many others, they have phone reps
who are both polite and knowledgeable if you ever need to go that route.

MaryL

cybercat
December 14th 06, 07:37 PM
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:
>>
>
> I have been very pleased with them, both with the way they package and
> with service. I have seen some other reports similar to yours, but I keep
> such a big stock that I may not have noticed seasonal slowdowns. I am
> always concerned that certain items may not be available, so I keep
> several months' supply on hand and then order several cases when they have
> their best sales (usually 22 percent discount). I guess this doesn't
> really answer your question, but I thought I would put in a good word for
> them because they really have been reliable -- and, unlike many others,
> they have phone reps who are both polite and knowledgeable if you ever
> need to go that route.
>

MaryL., yes, I usually have better luck with them, that's why I was
surprised
that the order did not ship until a full week after I ordered it. It must
just be
Christmas. They are only in PA, so it takes two days at the most to get
stuff
to NC or VA. I love those 20% off coupons they are always sending!

-L.
December 14th 06, 11:14 PM
cybercat wrote:
> >
>
> MaryL., yes, I usually have better luck with them, that's why I was
> surprised
> that the order did not ship until a full week after I ordered it. It must
> just be
> Christmas. They are only in PA, so it takes two days at the most to get
> stuff
> to NC or VA. I love those 20% off coupons they are always sending!

>From another ng I read, there seems to be a back log with the carriers
recently. I heard complaints about DHL and UPS. Seems people are
shipping early and they don't have enough staff on-hand to handle
deliveries.

-L.

blkcatgal
December 15th 06, 04:39 AM
I use them....usually when they offer a 22% discount. That usually will
cover the shipping cost. Sometimes it seems like it takes a while to get
the order (week to 10 days) and sometimes it seems to ship much quicker. I
just placed an order today so I'm curious as to how soon I will get it based
on your post.

I've also used waggintails.com but have found their prices a little higher
than PFD and they rarely offer discounts.

Sue

"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
> Anybody else use them? They are really, really slow this time of year,
> maybe because of the holidays. I put an order in on Dec. 6 and was just
> notified yesterday that it had left their warehouse--a full week after
> placing the order.
>
> Is there a better cat food/supply source? Faster?
>
> Track Packages & Freight Quantum View Flex Global View
>
>
> Tracking Detail | Help
>
> Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 12/15/2006.
>
>
> Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
> Type: Package
> Status: In Transit - On Time
> Scheduled Delivery: 12/15/2006
> Shipped to: LYNCHBURG, VA, US
> Shipped or Billed on: 12/13/2006
> Service Type: GROUND
> Weight: 21.70 Lbs
>
> Package Progress
> Location Date Local Time Description
> LAUREL,
> MD, US 12/13/2006 11:11 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
> HORSHAM,
> PA, US 12/13/2006 8:56 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
> 12/13/2006 8:23 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
> US 12/13/2006 6:10 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
>
>
> Tracking results provided by UPS: 12/14/2006 11:58 A.M. EST (USA)
>

cybercat
December 15th 06, 02:49 PM
"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
. ..
>I use them....usually when they offer a 22% discount. That usually will
>cover the shipping cost. Sometimes it seems like it takes a while to get
>the order (week to 10 days) and sometimes it seems to ship much quicker. I
>just placed an order today so I'm curious as to how soon I will get it
>based on your post.
>

Seems like you could get 25%--since they offer anyone who goes to the page
5% and then send 20% off coupons via email. Just my luck, they had not sent
a 20% for a while, so all I got was 5% off this order. The day after I
ordered,
of course, I got a 20% off coupon via email.

I love the convenience. When I figure out the cost per can, it usually turns
out to be about what I pay at the cheapest grocery store around here, plus
shipping, then minus the discount. When you figure in gas, it works out to
be a good deal. I am used to them shipping about 3 days from when I
order, though. I think seven full days from the day you order is pretty
long. I won't stop using them, though. It is Christmas, after all. All the
shipping people are busy as hell.

MaryL
December 15th 06, 02:52 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "blkcatgal" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>I use them....usually when they offer a 22% discount. That usually will
>>cover the shipping cost. Sometimes it seems like it takes a while to get
>>the order (week to 10 days) and sometimes it seems to ship much quicker.
>>I just placed an order today so I'm curious as to how soon I will get it
>>based on your post.
>>
>
> Seems like you could get 25%--since they offer anyone who goes to the page
> 5% and then send 20% off coupons via email. Just my luck, they had not
> sent
> a 20% for a while, so all I got was 5% off this order. The day after I
> ordered,
> of course, I got a 20% off coupon via email.
>
>

You can't use both discounts (at least, I have not been successful). If you
click on the 5% offer that is always on their web site, the email offer
(always much better -- from 13% to 22%) is immediately wiped out. I had to
log off the page, go back to email, and start over to use the email discount
offer.

Have you been able to use both?

MaryL

cybercat
December 15th 06, 03:35 PM
"MaryL" :
>
> Have you been able to use both?
>

Come to think of it, no. lol

cybercat
December 15th 06, 11:24 PM
"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
. ..
>I use them....usually when they offer a 22% discount. That usually will
>cover the shipping cost. Sometimes it seems like it takes a while to get
>the order (week to 10 days) and sometimes it seems to ship much quicker. I
>just placed an order today so I'm curious as to how soon I will get it
>based on your post.

Well, the good news is, once it shipped, it got to Barry's in two days.
That's pretty good.

Tracking Detail

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 12/15/2006.


Tracking Number: 1Z 40E W62 03 7146 015 4
Type: Package
Status: In Transit
Scheduled Delivery: 12/15/2006
Shipped to: LYNCHBURG, VA, US
Shipped or Billed on: 12/13/2006
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 21.70 Lbs




Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
LYNCHBURG,
VA, US 12/15/2006 6:23 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
12/15/2006 6:22 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
ROANOKE,
VA, US 12/15/2006 4:18 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/15/2006 2:43 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LAUREL,
MD, US 12/14/2006 9:59 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
LAUREL,
MD, US 12/13/2006 11:11 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HORSHAM,
PA, US 12/13/2006 8:56 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/13/2006 8:23 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 12/13/2006 6:10 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED