PDA

View Full Version : Hurricanes and URI's

Rhonda
December 16th 06, 08:05 AM
During our nerve-racking windstorm last night in the northwest, my
sig.other realized Abernathy was frequently in the litter boxes. He said
it looks like Abers was straining. Shoot. There was no going out at that
point, well, except to put bricks on the patio awning.

I spent a lot of time on the phone this morning trying to find a vet
that still had power. Found one on the fifth try.

Abers has another infection, but no crystals (that was good news...)

Learned a cool trick today. Abers ALWAYS detects medicine in food. We
had to compound last time and I doubted there would be a pharmacy open
that could do it. The vet told us to try draining tuna water out of a
can of human tuna, dissolve the pill in it for an hour, then squirt it
in his mouth. I just gave him the juice w/dissolved pill in a bowl and
he lapped it up and looked for more! Woo hooo!

I shopped in a grocery store running on generators to get the tuna. We
seem to live in one of the few pockets that has power.

Rhonda

Rhonda
December 16th 06, 08:29 AM
Oops, I always get those initials wrong. It's a "UTI."

Rhonda

-L.
December 16th 06, 08:37 AM
Rhonda wrote:
> Oops, I always get those initials wrong. It's a "UTI."
>
> Rhonda

Last night we had it bad here, too. Across the street an 80 ft Douglas
Fir pulled out of the ground from the wind, and fell in the street.
Missed the houses and a car by inches. I felt it and thought something
had hit our garage. We had brown outs off an on but nothing major.

Hope your guy is feeling better soon! Wouldn't he eat a crushed pill
in canned tuna? My cats would eat anything in tuna. The cheaper the
tuna, the better!

-L.

Rhonda
December 16th 06, 04:31 PM
L. wrote:

> Last night we had it bad here, too. Across the street an 80 ft Douglas
> Fir pulled out of the ground from the wind, and fell in the street.
> Missed the houses and a car by inches. I felt it and thought something
> had hit our garage. We had brown outs off an on but nothing major.

Wow, that is scary. There were a couple of small trees down on our road
but nothing like that. I would have been freaked out.

> Hope your guy is feeling better soon! Wouldn't he eat a crushed pill
> in canned tuna? My cats would eat anything in tuna. The cheaper the
> tuna, the better!

I don't even think we had tried tuna, at least people tuna. We have
tried chicken (which he would kill for,) different kinds of wet cat
food, and Pill Pockets. It's good to know that tuna works in the
camouflage department.

Rhonda

-L.
December 17th 06, 10:56 AM
Rhonda wrote:

> I don't even think we had tried tuna, at least people tuna. We have
> tried chicken (which he would kill for,) different kinds of wet cat
> food, and Pill Pockets. It's good to know that tuna works in the
> camouflage department.

I grind up the pills and mix them in a teaspoon of tuna. Even works
for Prednisone with my Mimi!

-L.