PDA

View Full Version : Brown stuff around my cats mouth

Tesdall
December 17th 06, 10:20 PM
I have a yellow tabby, about 3 years old. He has brown stuff around his
lips. We have taken him to the vets, they have cleaned him up; said he
had no cavaities and everything looked good. But 1 month after the
cleaning he is back to having brown stuff around his mouth again. any
ideas what it could be, getting kind of worried.

David

Spot
December 17th 06, 10:41 PM
Have you tried to wash his face in between feedings? It could be he's just
a sloppy eater and if he doesn't have another cat that grooms him this is a
difficult place for him to groom himself.

Celeste

"Tesdall" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have a yellow tabby, about 3 years old. He has brown stuff around his
> lips. We have taken him to the vets, they have cleaned him up; said he
> had no cavaities and everything looked good. But 1 month after the
> cleaning he is back to having brown stuff around his mouth again. any
> ideas what it could be, getting kind of worried.
>
> David

Tesdall
December 17th 06, 11:00 PM
He actually won't let me wipe his face, he is a very anti-social cat.
He only eats hard food even though we put out soft food for the other
cats. After he got his teeth brushed he ate the softfood, now he
doesn't anymore, again ... "like usual".