PDA

View Full Version : A Problem With My Kitten =(

December 18th 06, 10:25 AM
If anyone can help me out. Recently i Bought a kitten and he was doing
fine despite the fact my dog and him kept goign at it but are slowly
but surely getting acquainted , Now yesterday evening i noticed the cat
made a Poo. But the poo was stringy and light colored i thought maybe
it had to do it but then later on it did it again, and it was more
liquedy, and then i put him in his usual room, without the Litter
(probably my mistake) And he went inside the room, this time it was
very liquedy and a bit of red on the top, leading me to believe the cat
is probably sick, i hoep it's noting to big i don't want to let go of
this cat, or have to put him to sleep i really really really love him
and he was a Christmas gift to me, if anyone can help me out tell me
what they think is wrong, i don't wanna lose my feline friend he is
cute cuddly and i really adore him, i'd be devastated to lose him
please if anyone!! =(

In regards

Adam

zaax
December 18th 06, 10:39 AM
wrote:

> If anyone can help me out. Recently i Bought a kitten and he was doing
> fine despite the fact my dog and him kept goign at it but are slowly
> but surely getting acquainted , Now yesterday evening i noticed the
> cat made a Poo. But the poo was stringy and light colored i thought
> maybe it had to do it but then later on it did it again, and it was
> more liquedy, and then i put him in his usual room, without the Litter
> (probably my mistake) And he went inside the room, this time it was
> very liquedy and a bit of red on the top, leading me to believe the
> cat is probably sick, i hoep it's noting to big i don't want to let
> go of this cat, or have to put him to sleep i really really really
> love him and he was a Christmas gift to me, if anyone can help me out
> tell me what they think is wrong, i don't wanna lose my feline friend
> he is cute cuddly and i really adore him, i'd be devastated to lose
> him please if anyone!! =(
>
> In regards
>
> Adam

TAKE HIM TO A VET NOW

--
zaax

December 18th 06, 10:57 AM
zaax wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > If anyone can help me out. Recently i Bought a kitten and he was doing
> > fine despite the fact my dog and him kept goign at it but are slowly
> > but surely getting acquainted , Now yesterday evening i noticed the
> > cat made a Poo. But the poo was stringy and light colored i thought
> > maybe it had to do it but then later on it did it again, and it was
> > more liquedy, and then i put him in his usual room, without the Litter
> > (probably my mistake) And he went inside the room, this time it was
> > very liquedy and a bit of red on the top, leading me to believe the
> > cat is probably sick, i hoep it's noting to big i don't want to let
> > go of this cat, or have to put him to sleep i really really really
> > love him and he was a Christmas gift to me, if anyone can help me out
> > tell me what they think is wrong, i don't wanna lose my feline friend
> > he is cute cuddly and i really adore him, i'd be devastated to lose
> > him please if anyone!! =(
> >
> > In regards
> >
> > Adam
>
> TAKE HIM TO A VET NOW
>
> --
> zaax

All the Vets only open up at 7:30 am =( they said not to feed him today
just give him water and stuff

December 18th 06, 11:33 AM
schrieb:

> And he went inside the room, this time it was
> very liquedy and a bit of red on the top, leading me to believe the cat
> is probably sick, i hoep it's noting to big i don't want to let go of
> this cat, or have to put him to sleep i really really really love him
> and he was a Christmas gift to me, if anyone can help me out tell me
> what they think is wrong, i don't wanna lose my feline friend he is
> cute cuddly and i really adore him, i'd be devastated to lose him
> please if anyone!! =(

Kittens get diarrhea (also with spots of blood) for a variety of
reasons, from things as simple as a change in diet to intestinal
parasites, but they should not be left untreated for more than a day as
they dehydrate easily. So if you're not a troll trying to upset people
on this group, go to a vet to have your kitten checked for parasites.
If the problem is a food change, get some Benebac to calm down the
stomach. If that does not help another trip to the vet is necessary.

Wendy
December 18th 06, 12:05 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> If anyone can help me out. Recently i Bought a kitten and he was doing
> fine despite the fact my dog and him kept goign at it but are slowly
> but surely getting acquainted , Now yesterday evening i noticed the cat
> made a Poo. But the poo was stringy and light colored i thought maybe
> it had to do it but then later on it did it again, and it was more
> liquedy, and then i put him in his usual room, without the Litter
> (probably my mistake) And he went inside the room, this time it was
> very liquedy and a bit of red on the top, leading me to believe the cat
> is probably sick, i hoep it's noting to big i don't want to let go of
> this cat, or have to put him to sleep i really really really love him
> and he was a Christmas gift to me, if anyone can help me out tell me
> what they think is wrong, i don't wanna lose my feline friend he is
> cute cuddly and i really adore him, i'd be devastated to lose him
> please if anyone!! =(
>
> In regards
>
> Adam

There's a good chance he has either worms or a parasite like coccidia. This
is a pretty common problem with kittens. See about getting a vet appointment
today. As others have said, you don't want to wait too long because of the
risk of dehydration.

Has the kitten had it's shots yet?

Heart_Adam
December 18th 06, 12:07 PM
Wendy wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > If anyone can help me out. Recently i Bought a kitten and he was doing
> > fine despite the fact my dog and him kept goign at it but are slowly
> > but surely getting acquainted , Now yesterday evening i noticed the cat
> > made a Poo. But the poo was stringy and light colored i thought maybe
> > it had to do it but then later on it did it again, and it was more
> > liquedy, and then i put him in his usual room, without the Litter
> > (probably my mistake) And he went inside the room, this time it was
> > very liquedy and a bit of red on the top, leading me to believe the cat
> > is probably sick, i hoep it's noting to big i don't want to let go of
> > this cat, or have to put him to sleep i really really really love him
> > and he was a Christmas gift to me, if anyone can help me out tell me
> > what they think is wrong, i don't wanna lose my feline friend he is
> > cute cuddly and i really adore him, i'd be devastated to lose him
> > please if anyone!! =(
> >
> > In regards
> >
> > Adam
> >

> There's a good chance he has either worms or a parasite like coccidia. This
> is a pretty common problem with kittens. See about getting a vet appointment
> today. As others have said, you don't want to wait too long because of the
> risk of dehydration.
>
> Has the kitten had it's shots yet?

Noo noo i'm not a troll im just worried but i'm making an appointment
now! as we speak

Heart_Adam
December 18th 06, 01:20 PM
Heart_Adam wrote:
> Wendy wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> > > If anyone can help me out. Recently i Bought a kitten and he was doing
> > > fine despite the fact my dog and him kept goign at it but are slowly
> > > but surely getting acquainted , Now yesterday evening i noticed the cat
> > > made a Poo. But the poo was stringy and light colored i thought maybe
> > > it had to do it but then later on it did it again, and it was more
> > > liquedy, and then i put him in his usual room, without the Litter
> > > (probably my mistake) And he went inside the room, this time it was
> > > very liquedy and a bit of red on the top, leading me to believe the cat
> > > is probably sick, i hoep it's noting to big i don't want to let go of
> > > this cat, or have to put him to sleep i really really really love him
> > > and he was a Christmas gift to me, if anyone can help me out tell me
> > > what they think is wrong, i don't wanna lose my feline friend he is
> > > cute cuddly and i really adore him, i'd be devastated to lose him
> > > please if anyone!! =(
> > >
> > > In regards
> > >
> > > Adam
> > >

> > There's a good chance he has either worms or a parasite like coccidia. This
> > is a pretty common problem with kittens. See about getting a vet appointment
> > today. As others have said, you don't want to wait too long because of the
> > risk of dehydration.
> >
> > Has the kitten had it's shots yet?

> Noo noo i'm not a troll im just worried but i'm making an appointment
> now! as we speak

And no the kitten only had one its shots taken plus it lives with a dog
as well =S coudl it be stress =S

sheelagh
December 18th 06, 03:41 PM

> Noo noo i'm not a troll im just worried but i'm making an appointment
> now! as we speak

So pleased to hear that you have made the appointment.Please let us
know how you got on too?
S.

cybercat
December 18th 06, 05:24 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...

> zaax wrote:
>> wrote:
>>
>> > If anyone can help me out. Recently i Bought a kitten and he was doing
>> > fine despite the fact my dog and him kept goign at it but are slowly
>> > but surely getting acquainted , Now yesterday evening i noticed the
>> > cat made a Poo. But the poo was stringy and light colored i thought
>> > maybe it had to do it but then later on it did it again, and it was
>> > more liquedy, and then i put him in his usual room, without the Litter
>> > (probably my mistake) And he went inside the room, this time it was
>> > very liquedy and a bit of red on the top, leading me to believe the
>> > cat is probably sick, i hoep it's noting to big i don't want to let
>> > go of this cat, or have to put him to sleep i really really really
>> > love him and he was a Christmas gift to me, if anyone can help me out
>> > tell me what they think is wrong, i don't wanna lose my feline friend
>> > he is cute cuddly and i really adore him, i'd be devastated to lose
>> > him please if anyone!! =(
>> >
>> > In regards
>> >
>> > Adam
>>
>> TAKE HIM TO A VET NOW
>>
>> --
>> zaax
>
> All the Vets only open up at 7:30 am =( they said not to feed him today
> just give him water and stuff

Take him IN.

cybercat
December 18th 06, 05:34 PM
"Heart_Adam" > wrote

> Noo noo i'm not a troll im just worried but i'm making an appointment
> now! as we speak

Excellent. I missed this. It's not that expensive, and it will put your mind
at ease. The thing is, all cats need vet care when they're sick, but
especially
kittens with stool irregularities. The just die so easily. Please let us
know how
kitty does.

dgk
December 18th 06, 05:49 PM
On 18 Dec 2006 04:07:45 -0800, "Heart_Adam" > wrote:

>Wendy wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>> > If anyone can help me out. Recently i Bought a kitten and he was doing
>> > fine despite the fact my dog and him kept goign at it but are slowly
>> > but surely getting acquainted , Now yesterday evening i noticed the cat
>> > made a Poo. But the poo was stringy and light colored i thought maybe
>> > it had to do it but then later on it did it again, and it was more
>> > liquedy, and then i put him in his usual room, without the Litter
>> > (probably my mistake) And he went inside the room, this time it was
>> > very liquedy and a bit of red on the top, leading me to believe the cat
>> > is probably sick, i hoep it's noting to big i don't want to let go of
>> > this cat, or have to put him to sleep i really really really love him
>> > and he was a Christmas gift to me, if anyone can help me out tell me
>> > what they think is wrong, i don't wanna lose my feline friend he is
>> > cute cuddly and i really adore him, i'd be devastated to lose him
>> > please if anyone!! =(
>> >
>> > In regards
>> >
>> > Adam
>> >

>> There's a good chance he has either worms or a parasite like coccidia. This
>> is a pretty common problem with kittens. See about getting a vet appointment
>> today. As others have said, you don't want to wait too long because of the
>> risk of dehydration.
>>
>> Has the kitten had it's shots yet?

>Noo noo i'm not a troll im just worried but i'm making an appointment
>now! as we speak

Good, let us know what you find out.

Heart_Adam
December 19th 06, 12:27 PM
dgk wrote:

> >> ups.com...

> >> There's a good chance he has either worms or a parasite like coccidia. This
> >> is a pretty common problem with kittens. See about getting a vet appointment
> >> today. As others have said, you don't want to wait too long because of the
> >> risk of dehydration.
> >>
> >> Has the kitten had it's shots yet?

> >Noo noo i'm not a troll im just worried but i'm making an appointment
> >now! as we speak
>
> Good, let us know what you find out.

Right now my cat is on Medication, the doctor said he may have worms i
have to give them, a stool sample and next week hes going for his hsots
paid by the pet store themsleves so i'm glad i was up worrying so much
about him im glad hes ok and hes still as rambunctious as ever