PDA

View Full Version : [Possible TW] Natasha has Appointment this Afternoon

Jeanne
December 19th 06, 01:35 PM
When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
happy.

Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
most people here know what I'm talking about.

So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
3:00 EST this afternoon.

Jeanne Hedge
posting via Google

Lisa Katt
December 19th 06, 01:57 PM
Jeanne skrev:

> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

Jeanne dear, I think you may be right.
I let Hugo Katt wait too long and I have regretted it ever since.

HUGS for both of you!!!
Elisabet (trying to stop tears)

Adrian A
December 19th 06, 02:22 PM
Jeanne wrote:
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went
> outside for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and
> she wandered for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and
> she was in bed next to me all night. But her problems continue. I
> don't think she's eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an
> awful lot of weight. She now sometimes walks into the room where her
> food and water are, and flops over onto her side with her head
> resting on the edge of the water bowl but doesn't drink (she does
> manage to get water all over her chest and the bottom of her jaw
> though). But other times, like yesterday afternoon and evening, her
> behavior is perfectly normal and she seems happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Jeanne }}}}}}}}}}}} :-(
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

CatNipped
December 19th 06, 02:28 PM
"Jeanne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

I'm so sorry to hear that Jeanne. It's always hard to lose a loved one, but
it's especially hard to lose them at Christmastime. Purrs for a peaceful
journey to the bridge for Natasha, and for you and your breaking heart.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Julie and Sam
December 19th 06, 02:50 PM
Awww Jeanne, I am so very sorry. Please give Natasha a scritch from us.
I'm sitting at my desk crying for both you and Natasha - I'm going to
have to go outside for a moment so no one questions my tears. I'll light
a candle to help guide her on her journey and another for your poor
breaking heart. You are giving her the gift of love, but I'm sure it
doesn't feel that way at the moment. I am sure my Selena will be
waiting at the Bridge to greet her.

Hugs and scritches,
Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Jeanne wrote:
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

Randy
December 19th 06, 02:54 PM
"Jeanne" > wrote:
>When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
>for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
>for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
>next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
>eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
>She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
>flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
>bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
>and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
>afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
>happy.
>
>Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
>she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
>most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
>So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
>3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

>Jeanne Hedge
>posting via Google

{{{{{{{{{ Jeanne }}}}}}}}}

Purrs for Natasha.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Takayuki
December 19th 06, 03:25 PM
"Jeanne" > wrote:
>When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
>for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
>for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
>next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
>eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
>She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
>flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
>bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
>and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
>afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
>happy.
>
>Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
>she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
>most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
>So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
>3:00 EST this afternoon.

That would be a *definite* TW. I seldom hear anything so sad. But
I'm glad she told you - that must be a comfort. I'll be thinking of
you both today.

Inge Grotjahn
December 19th 06, 03:30 PM
Dear Jeanne,

Am 19.12.2006 schrieb Jeanne:

> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.

I'm really sorry to read this post. But you make a loving and caring
decission for Natasha. When she stopped eating and drinking, she gave
you a sign. And your description of her behavior lets me think, that
she said good-bye to everything. You do the right thing.

When our Pim (21) gave 'the sign' we didn't see it and he suffered
more than neccessary. We regret it deeply.

We will light a candle for Natasha's safe trip to the bridge and we
will think of you in this bitter hour.

Purrs and hugs
Inge & Volker and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge

Marina
December 19th 06, 03:36 PM
Jeanne wrote:

> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.

I'm so so sorry, Jeanne. The tears are streaming down my face as this
reminds me of Frank's last day. Many purrs on the way for you both. It's
such a hard decision to make, but you know that it's time. Please give
your girl a last scritch from me.

wafflycat
December 19th 06, 03:37 PM
{{{{{{{{{{Jeanne}}}}}}}}}}

Pat
December 19th 06, 03:38 PM
"Jeanne" > wrote

> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.

This group will be purring and thinking of you and dear N. all day today.
It's hard to know what to say. How terribly sad :((

JBHajos
December 19th 06, 03:40 PM
On 19 Dec 2006 05:35:03 -0800, "Jeanne" > wrote:

>So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
>3:00 EST this afternoon.

Of course, Jeanne. I'm so terribly sorry to hear this heart-rending
news. Many purrs for sweet Natasha's gentle journey to the RB. My
heart goes out to you during this hard time. Hugs.

Jeanne Hajos

kilikini
December 19th 06, 03:47 PM
"Jeanne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

I'm so sorry! My thoughts will definitely be with you and Natasha this
afternoon.

kili

Jo Firey
December 19th 06, 04:44 PM
"Jeanne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.

Often they can tell us when it is time. And while I think there are a few
of us who have waited maybe a little to long and sometimes regret it, hardly
any think they made the decision too soon.

This will be easy for her, but not for you. Sometimes that is one of the
costs of love.

Many purrs.

Jo

mlbriggs
December 19th 06, 05:10 PM
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 05:35:03 -0800, Jeanne wrote:

> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

"...Rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go..."
Purrs that her passing is peaceful but it is still hard to deal with.
It was nine years ago today that TuTu entered my home after the passing of
Princess one month earlier. Nine years have passed very fast. Best
wishes. MLB

Lorraine
December 19th 06, 05:31 PM
On 19 Dec 2006 05:35:03 -0800, "Jeanne" > wrote:

>So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
>3:00 EST this afternoon.

You got 'em -- with some extra tears thrown in. I'm so sorry.

L.

Irulan
December 19th 06, 06:23 PM
Purrs and prayers for Natasha and for you. If she does go,
we will send more prayers for her safe journey to the RB
and for you.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

"Jeanne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

Stormmee
December 19th 06, 06:32 PM
thank you for respecting your friend and listing to her. I will pray and
the cats will purr, Lee
Jeanne > wrote in message
ps.com...
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

Ginger-lyn
December 19th 06, 07:02 PM
Jeanne wrote:
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

{{{{{{{{{{Jeanne}}}}}}}}}}

My thoughts are with you and Natasha. I know how hard this decision is,
but it is the last gift you can give your baby.

My heart goes out to you.

Blessings,

Ginger-lyn

Tish
December 19th 06, 08:05 PM
Our thoughts are with you and Natasha.
Tish

On 19 Dec 2006 05:35:03 -0800, "Jeanne" > wrote:

>When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
>for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
>for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
>next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
>eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
>She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
>flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
>bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
>and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
>afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
>happy.
>
>Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
>she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
>most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
>So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
>3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

>Jeanne Hedge
>posting via Google

Karen
December 19th 06, 08:12 PM
Oh damn :( Many hugs, purrs and prayers.

"Jeanne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

Lorna
December 19th 06, 08:18 PM
"Ginger-lyn" > wrote in message
k.net...
> Jeanne wrote:
>> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
>> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
>> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
>> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
>> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
>> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
>> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
>> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
>> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
>> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
>> happy.
>>
>> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
>> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
>> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>>
>> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
>> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>>

>> Jeanne Hedge
>> posting via Google

My thoughts have been with you all day and I applaud your courage in doing
what is so terribly difficult. My Missy was in the same condition as your
Natasha and I waited one day too long to take her to the vet - I wanted so
desperately to keep her with me - she did not appear to be in any pain and I
held her as the vet eased her way. But if my current kitties live long and
are finally able to neither eat or drink, I will try to let them go a bit
sooner - as Natasha has let you know.
{{{{{{purrs & hugs}}}}}}}
Lorna

Exocat
December 19th 06, 08:18 PM
> Jeanne wrote:
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.

Heartfelt Purrs for Natasha's peaceful passing and for your broken heart.
It may be years and years before the pain eases but please console yourself
(as so many of us do) with the knowledge that you've given her the final
gift
of great love, of losing the joy of her company to spare her suffering.

Empathetically yours
Gordon, Bandit, Snowball, Claudius & Raki
+ the shades of Happy, Aries, Kensey & Pericles

Matthew
December 19th 06, 08:19 PM
PURRS BEING SENT WITH MAJOR PRAYERS
"Jeanne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

meeee
December 19th 06, 08:52 PM
Purrs and hugs being sent your way Jeanne. I hope things turn out ok for
your little girl, and you are at peace about it.

"Jeanne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

Lois
December 19th 06, 10:21 PM
Hugs to you Jeanne, may your happy memories of Natasha sustain you at this
time of sorrow.

Lois

--
http://zeotropeburmese.kiwiwebhost.net.nz

Burmese are like potato chips, you can't just have one!

"Jeanne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

It has removed 50 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Dewi
December 19th 06, 10:32 PM
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, what sad news. Purrs and prayers for a
safe journey for sweet little Natasha, and hugs for her grieving mama.

Dewi.

Jeanne wrote:
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

Annie Wxill
December 19th 06, 10:48 PM
"Jeanne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
....> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
she wanted to go now. ..
> Jeanne Hedge

Condolences to you, Jeanne. Rosie and Cinder are sending purrs for strength
and healing to you.

Annie

Yowie
December 19th 06, 11:11 PM
"Jeanne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.

*Hugs* to you, and a candle lit for Natasha to light her way.

Yowie

Joy
December 19th 06, 11:38 PM
"meeee" > wrote in message
> Purrs and hugs being sent your way Jeanne. I hope things turn out ok for
> your little girl, and you are at peace about it.
>
> "Jeanne" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
>> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
>> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
>> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
>> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
>> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
>> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
>> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
>> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
>> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
>> happy.
>>
>> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
>> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
>> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>>
>> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
>> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>>

>> Jeanne Hedge
>> posting via Google

I'm just now seeing this, so I imagine it is all over. Purrs and hugs to
you.

Joy

Susan M
December 19th 06, 11:55 PM
{{{{Jeanne}}}} I'm so sorry.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

"Jeanne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

Lesley
December 19th 06, 11:57 PM
Jeanne wrote:

> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.

I'm late but all I can offer are hugs to Jeanne from me and many purrs
from Dunz and Sarsi

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

badwilson
December 20th 06, 12:21 AM
I am so sorry. Many, many hugs and purrs.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Jeanne wrote:
> When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went
> outside for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and
> she wandered for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and
> she was in bed next to me all night. But her problems continue. I
> don't think she's eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an
> awful lot of weight. She now sometimes walks into the room where her
> food and water are, and flops over onto her side with her head
> resting on the edge of the water bowl but doesn't drink (she does
> manage to get water all over her chest and the bottom of her jaw
> though). But other times, like yesterday afternoon and evening, her
> behavior is perfectly normal and she seems happy.
>
> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

December 20th 06, 01:01 AM
Jeanne > wrote:

> Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> most people here know what I'm talking about.

> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.

Purrs for Natasha's journey, I hope it was a peaceful one.

{{Jeanne}}

Joyce

Jeanne Hedge
December 20th 06, 01:51 AM
My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.

I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
and side vent at the passing scenery.

Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.

I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.

I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.

Jeanne Hedge

============
http://www.jhedge.com

Dewi
December 20th 06, 01:59 AM
That was a lovely tribute to Natasha.

(((((Jeanne)))))

Dewi

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
>
> ============
> http://www.jhedge.com

bookie
December 20th 06, 02:04 AM
Jeanne Hedge wrote:
> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.

hard as it may be to accept now you have done the right thing in
letting her go, she is at peace now and free from any pain and
suffering.

my deepest sympathies, B
> Jeanne Hedge
>
> ============
> http://www.jhedge.com

Stormmee
December 20th 06, 02:36 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, Lee
Jeanne Hedge > wrote in message
> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
>
> ============
> http://www.jhedge.com

Enfilade
December 20th 06, 02:47 AM
> > My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> > was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.

Natasha had many wonderful years with you--would that all cats have a
lifespan so long and loving--and yet it somehow is still not enough
time.

Blessings to you and purrs.

--Fil

Karen
December 20th 06, 02:53 AM
On 2006-12-19 19:51:15 -0600, Jeanne Hedge > said:

> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
>
> ============
> http://www.jhedge.com

(((((((((((((Jeanne)))))))))))))) I'm just so sad for you. That's a
long time friend. I had no idea you'd had her since so young. I think
I need to hug you for my sake. I wish I could.

Pat
December 20th 06, 03:12 AM
"Jeanne Hedge" > wrote

> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.

I am so sad for your loss. What a wonderful baby girl she was. I just don't
know what to say. The heartache must be intense right now. I hope you are
able to cope. Please feel free to call - me or anyone - if it would help.

CATherine
December 20th 06, 03:49 AM
On 19 Dec 2006 05:35:03 -0800, "Jeanne" > wrote:

>Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
>she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
>most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
>So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
>3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

>Jeanne Hedge
>posting via Google

I know what you mean. Dear Amber told me when he was ready to go. So
we schmurgled and said our goodbyes. It really did help the grief to
let him go when he wanted. May you find that same peace. Many
heartfelt purrs for you and Natasha and your love.

--
CATherine

Gennie
December 20th 06, 03:49 AM

> So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> 3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
> posting via Google

I just came online and read this!! {{{{{{{{Jeanne}}}}}}}}
Purrs for Natasha to have a gentle journey to the Bridge!

Gennie and Marietta

Mischief
December 20th 06, 03:59 AM
Oh geez, i'm so sorry

Purrs and hugs,

Kristi
Imp, Mischief and Mayhem

Susan M
December 20th 06, 04:32 AM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your old friend. I have also lit a candle for
her trip to the bridge.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

"Jeanne Hedge" > wrote in message
> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
>
> ============
> http://www.jhedge.com

mlbriggs
December 20th 06, 05:42 AM
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:51:15 -0500, Jeanne Hedge wrote:

> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
>
> ============
> http://www.jhedge.com

Sleep well, little darling!

tension_on_the_wire
December 20th 06, 05:48 AM
Jeanne Hedge wrote:
> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.

I am so sorry for your loss Jeanne.

--tension

Shiral
December 20th 06, 08:10 AM
Jeanne Hedge wrote:
> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
>
> ============
> http://www.jhedge.com

Oh Jeanne...

I know that grief.
{{{{Jeanne}}}}
It's the kindest thing we can do for them at the end of their lives,
to give them a gentle release. But it's so hard for us to leave the
vet's office without them. I'm so sorry for Natasha's passing. Good for
you though, to understand it was time to let her go.

I will simply say, the grief will ease, truly. Give yourself time to
mourn.
And then... when you're ready, find a new cat friend to love. No one
can replace a beloved cat, but they can have worthy successors. A new
companion was the best anodyne for the pain I felt at losing Isadora.
And the girls were a huge comfort when I had to send Pan across the
bridge this spring.

Farewell, Natasha. I hope your trip over the bridge was gentle, and
that you and Tribble are reunited on the far side, now.

Melissa

meeee
December 20th 06, 09:33 AM
(((Jeanne)))) What a lady she was. My heart is with you right now. Purrs
that your memories of her remain sweet and fresh always.

"Jeanne Hedge" > wrote in message
> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
>
> ============
> http://www.jhedge.com

wafflycat
December 20th 06, 11:23 AM
A lovely tribute to Natasha. Deep condolences.

{{{{{{{{{{Jeanne}}}}}}}}}}

*hugs* helen s

Adrian A
December 20th 06, 11:49 AM
{{{{{{{{{{{{Jeanne}}}}}}}}}}}} I'm crying now. I've lit a candle for
Natasha. :-(
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Exocat
December 20th 06, 12:02 PM
"Jeanne Hedge" > wrote in message
> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.

A lovely tribute

Renewed condolences, a candle for you both has been lit.

Gordon, Bandit, Snowball, Claudius & Raki

kilikini
December 20th 06, 12:11 PM
Jeanne Hedge wrote:
> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.

What a nice tribute you gave to such a beautiful little soul. I'm sorry for
your loss. On a good note, she's got a buddy to welcome her over.

Purrs go out to you, Jeanne.

kili

Randy
December 20th 06, 12:44 PM
Jeanne Hedge > wrote:
>My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
>was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
>I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
>kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
>the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
>me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
>eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
>the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
>shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
>I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
>Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
>and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
>Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
>years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
>an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
>once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
>I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
>around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
>with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
>hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
>her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
>hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
>I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
>was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
>looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
>then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.
>

>Jeanne Hedge
>
>============
>http://www.jhedge.com

My deepest condolences for the loss of your beloved Natasha.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

CatNipped
December 20th 06, 02:39 PM
"Jeanne Hedge" > wrote in message
> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.

What a lovely cat she was! Please take comfort that people all over the
world are crying with you, hopefully to wash away the sorrow and leave only
the joy you knew from her companionship these many years.

A candle will be lit to help light Natasha's way to the bridge.

{{{{{{{{{{Jeanne}}}}}}}}}}

> Jeanne Hedge
>
> ============
> http://www.jhedge.com

December 20th 06, 07:06 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. It is wonderful that Natasha lived such
a rich, long life. Purrs for her RB crossing and purrs of comfort
for you.

Debbie

Gandalf
December 20th 06, 07:56 PM
On 19 Dec 2006 05:35:03 -0800, "Jeanne" > wrote:

>Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
>she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
>most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
>So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
>3:00 EST this afternoon.
>

>Jeanne Hedge
>posting via Google

It is so very, very unfair that we are destined to out live our little
furry ones who have brought so much love and happiness into our lives.

Many purrs for Natasha, and your broken heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Ann
December 20th 06, 09:32 PM
Purrs on the way it help heal your heart.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos
"Jeanne Hedge" > wrote in message
> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
>
> ============
> http://www.jhedge.com

David
December 20th 06, 10:58 PM
Jeanne,

I am so very sorry.

David

Irulan
December 20th 06, 11:32 PM
our sincerest condolences on Natasha's passing. We are praying
for her safe journey to the RB. She will be happy there.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

"Jeanne Hedge" > wrote in message
> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
>
> ============
> http://www.jhedge.com

Takayuki
December 21st 06, 04:01 AM
Jeanne Hedge > wrote:
>I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
>was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
>looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
>then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.

She was such a good and wonderful little cat. I feel a great sense of
loss, for your loss.

Baha via CatKB.com
December 21st 06, 04:57 PM
Purrs, thoughts, hugs, and the knowledge that we all understand.

The bravest thing a person can do sometimes is to just let go. Natasha won't
be gone; she'll have just retired, she's earned her rest in a place where
it's always warm and there are lots of butterflies to chase. And when the
time comes, you'll be together again and she'll be thanking you.

And we are all thinking of you. Be strong as we offer our prayers, and lots
of purring from the experts. A purr is a prayer, and the cats never forget
where they come from.

Blessed be (and know that we and the Higher Powers are with you)
Baha

Jeanne wrote:
>When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
>for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
>for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
>next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
>eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
>She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
>flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
>bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
>and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
>afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
>happy.
>
>Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
>she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
>most people here know what I'm talking about.
>
>So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
>3:00 EST this afternoon.
>
>Jeanne Hedge
>posting via Google

Jeanne
December 21st 06, 05:51 PM
Thanks to everyone who has offered their thoughts, condolences, wishes,
and support, both in public and in private.

I have been curiously at peace with all of this, since shortly after
her passing. I think Natasha has left me with a final gift. >^.^<

Jeanne Hedge
posting via Google

Baha via CatKB.com
December 21st 06, 11:12 PM
What a wonderful tribute to a venerable little girl. Be assured that when she
crossed over, she did it on four good strong paws and breathing the healthy
air of the Heavens...missing you but thanking you.

Continued purrs for Natasha's crossing and for you, to mend your poor, brave
and broken heart. You gave the most merciful of gifts to your Baby.

Blessed be
Baha

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
>My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
>was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
>I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
>kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
>the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
>me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
>eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
>the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
>shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
>I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
>Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
>and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
>Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
>years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
>an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
>once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
>I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
>around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
>with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
>hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
>her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
>hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
>I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
>was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
>looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
>then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.
>
>Jeanne Hedge

Will in New Haven
December 22nd 06, 01:25 AM
Jeanne Hedge wrote:
> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
>
> ============
> http://www.jhedge.com

I missed your first message and have just read up to this point. You
know you did everything you could and that it was time. Natasha went in
peace and held by love. We should all be so lucky.

All of our kitties purr for you and ol Bear, who loves cats, wishes he
could purr for you too.

Will in New Haven

--

"Amarillo by morning, up from San Antone.
Everything that I've got is just what I've got on.

Fuga :o\)
December 22nd 06, 02:35 AM
Sending Healing purrs your way. It's never easy letting them go even when
the time comes. I am sorry for you loss.

fuga

Christine Burel
December 22nd 06, 03:41 PM
Oh, Jeanne, I'm really sorry to read this but please know we're sending you
our best purrs for your loss and in celebration of Natasha's life.
hugs,
Christine
"Baha via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Purrs, thoughts, hugs, and the knowledge that we all understand.
>
> The bravest thing a person can do sometimes is to just let go. Natasha
won't
> be gone; she'll have just retired, she's earned her rest in a place where
> it's always warm and there are lots of butterflies to chase. And when the
> time comes, you'll be together again and she'll be thanking you.
>
> And we are all thinking of you. Be strong as we offer our prayers, and
lots
> of purring from the experts. A purr is a prayer, and the cats never forget
> where they come from.
>
> Blessed be (and know that we and the Higher Powers are with you)
> Baha
>
> Jeanne wrote:
> >When I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon Natasha and I went outside
> >for a while (the first sunny day we've had in a while) and she wandered
> >for a bit. Later she sat in my lap for a long while, and she was in bed
> >next to me all night. But her problems continue. I don't think she's
> >eaten or drank anything in 2-3 days. She's lost an awful lot of weight.
> >She now sometimes walks into the room where her food and water are, and
> >flops over onto her side with her head resting on the edge of the water
> >bowl but doesn't drink (she does manage to get water all over her chest
> >and the bottom of her jaw though). But other times, like yesterday
> >afternoon and evening, her behavior is perfectly normal and she seems
> >happy.
> >
> >Somewhere along the line last night I realized that she was telling me
> >she wanted to go now. I don't know how I know this, I just do. I think
> >most people here know what I'm talking about.
> >
> >So if you could, please send a few thoughts and purrs our way around
> >3:00 EST this afternoon.
> >
> >Jeanne Hedge
> >posting via Google

polonca12000
December 23rd 06, 05:47 PM
Jeanne Hedge wrote:

> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
>
> ============
> http://www.jhedge.com

I'm so so sorry. It is so very hard. You gave Natasha the best life
possible.
Lots and lots of hugs and purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Ginger-lyn
December 23rd 06, 08:22 PM
Jeanne Hedge wrote:
> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.
>
> I first met her when she was 3 days old. She was a nice, sweet, quiet
> kitty who liked nothing better than to look out the window and watch
> the world. She was a great traveller - so much that she'd really let
> me know if she couldn't see out the car windows from her carrier! I
> eventually worked out a system where I'd put a small suitcase across
> the car seat, put her carrier on top of that, and use the seat belt
> shoulder strap through the carrier's handle to secure the whole thing.
> I wouldn't hear a peep out of her after that - when I'd check on her.
> Tasha would be laying there, quite contentedly looking out the door
> and side vent at the passing scenery.
>
> Natasha shared me with her older "brother" Tribble (RB) for 16 of her
> years. He was rambunctious, and she'd watch him do crazy things with
> an expression on her face as if she was saying "you idiot!" More than
> once I've been on the receiving end of that same look.
>
> I don't think she particularly cared for kids, or at least she wasn't
> around them enough to ever get used to them. But she was very patient
> with my niece, and put up with a toddler's pokings and proddings and
> hesitant attempts to "Be soft when you pet Tasha so you don't hurt
> her". And then she'd neatly take a cat treat from small excited
> hands, sometimes giving them a little lick too.
>
> I held Natasha as she passed, and it was very quiet. One minute she
> was there, the next she was not. She spent her last few moments
> looking out the treatment room's window at some trees and bushes, and
> then turned her head to look right at me as the medicine was given.
>

> Jeanne Hedge
>
> ============
> http://www.jhedge.com

{{{{{{{Jeanne}}}}}}}

It's a painful thing, I know. And you will miss her so much. But you
did the kindest thing you could do, and I truly believe that she is in a
good place now, and smiling down at you.

Be kind to yourself. We're thinking of you.

Blessings,

Ginger-lyn

Helen Wheels
December 24th 06, 03:20 PM
Jeanne Hedge wrote:
> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.

So sorry for your loss Jeanne. That's a wonderful long time she was with
you.

Sam
January 5th 07, 11:29 PM
Jeanne Hedge wrote:

Just saw this since I've been out of town. So sorry to hear about
Natasha's passing. Purrs for your aching heart.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Helen Miles
January 6th 07, 12:47 AM
"Jeanne Hedge" > wrote in message

> My little girl Natasha crossed The Bridge at about 3:30 PM today. She
> was 19 years, 8 months, and 4 days old.///

I'm sitting here shedding tears for a little cat that I never met, but
cared about as if she were one of my own. I am so very sorry that you
had to say goodbye to your baby girl.

Purrs, hugs and a lit candle for a gentle journey.

Helen M