PDA

View Full Version : Seeking recommendations for vet in Lynnwood, WA area w/ holisticleanings

D. K. Kraft
December 19th 06, 07:15 PM
Season's Greetings to the community --

I have two neutered male tabbies, 10 and 13, both rescue and primarily indoor
cats, on a raw food diet supplemented with Serengeti dry food (mainly as a
crunchy treat). I've become disillusioned with my current vet due to his, IMO,
strongly traditional approach to veterinary medicine and disregard for my wishes
to maintain a more holistic care plan for my cats. So I'm looking for a new vet
that could hopefully blend the best of both worlds--take a primarily holistic
approach, yet not eschew traditional vet medicine diagnostics, such as routine
blood tests, and treatments with antibiotics when necessary (which sometimes
occurs, especially with cats).

I would greatly appreciate any recommendations for possible matching vets in
the Lynnwood/North Seattle area. My ideal? The care my two boys received with
Dr. Elise Thomas (who retired a number of years ago). Many thanks in advance to
any suggestions.

Meowy Kissmouse and a Fishy New Year --
--
D. K. Kraft

Lynne
December 19th 06, 11:44 PM
on Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:15:10 GMT, "D. K. Kraft" > wrote:

> I would greatly appreciate any recommendations for possible matching
> vets in the Lynnwood/North Seattle area. My ideal? The care my two
> boys received with Dr. Elise Thomas (who retired a number of years
> ago). Many thanks in advance to any suggestions.

Talk to folks in local rescue organizations that work with cats. They
probably either know of a holistic vet or know someone who could point you
to one.

--
Lynne

Rhonda
December 25th 06, 07:54 AM
Wow, Elise Thomas retired? We used to go to her before we moved farther
south.

We have a good vet that's in northern Tacoma and does believe in
holistic along with traditional practices. I'll send you the info if
that's not too far.

Rhonda

D. K. Kraft wrote:
> Season's Greetings to the community --
>
> I have two neutered male tabbies, 10 and 13, both rescue and
> primarily indoor cats, on a raw food diet supplemented with Serengeti
> dry food (mainly as a crunchy treat). I've become disillusioned with my
> current vet due to his, IMO, strongly traditional approach to veterinary
> medicine and disregard for my wishes to maintain a more holistic care
> plan for my cats. So I'm looking for a new vet that could hopefully
> blend the best of both worlds--take a primarily holistic approach, yet
> not eschew traditional vet medicine diagnostics, such as routine blood
> tests, and treatments with antibiotics when necessary (which sometimes
> occurs, especially with cats).
>
> I would greatly appreciate any recommendations for possible matching
> vets in the Lynnwood/North Seattle area. My ideal? The care my two
> boys received with Dr. Elise Thomas (who retired a number of years
> ago). Many thanks in advance to any suggestions.
>
> Meowy Kissmouse and a Fishy New Year --
> --
> D. K. Kraft

PawsForThought
December 27th 06, 08:25 PM
You might try this website, which lists holistic vets by state:

On the left side, you can click on Find a Vet:

http://ahvma.org/

Lauren