PDA

View Full Version : Bowel Movement Problems

JeremyAndLuLu
December 19th 06, 10:19 PM
My cat has been having bowel movement problems the last couple of days.
He is very uncomfortable and unhappy right after going to the bathroom and
doesn't want to sit on his bum, sit all the way down, after he goes to the
bathroom.
He has also been leaving little tiny stains when he DOES sit, like maybe he
has the cat runs or something. I would love to know if anyone has an idea
before I go and spend a fortune at the vet tonight.
He is not himself for sure.

Buddy's Mom
December 19th 06, 11:55 PM
Well does he or does he not have the runs???? Or is he constipated?
If he has diarrhea, he better go to the vet. Cats can become
dehydrated quickly. Is he an outside cat? If so, he probably has
worms or some sort of parasite causing this and he needs to be treated
asap. And it won't cost a fortune to take a stool sample in and find
out what is wrong.

JeremyAndLuLu wrote:
> My cat has been having bowel movement problems the last couple of days.
> He is very uncomfortable and unhappy right after going to the bathroom and
> doesn't want to sit on his bum, sit all the way down, after he goes to the
> bathroom.
> He has also been leaving little tiny stains when he DOES sit, like maybe he
> has the cat runs or something. I would love to know if anyone has an idea
> before I go and spend a fortune at the vet tonight.
> He is not himself for sure.

December 20th 06, 02:24 AM
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:19:12 GMT, "JeremyAndLuLu" <[email protected]> wrote:

>My cat has been having bowel movement problems the last couple of days.
>He is very uncomfortable and unhappy right after going to the bathroom and
>doesn't want to sit on his bum, sit all the way down, after he goes to the
>bathroom.
>He has also been leaving little tiny stains when he DOES sit, like maybe he
>has the cat runs or something. I would love to know if anyone has an idea
>before I go and spend a fortune at the vet tonight.
>He is not himself for sure.

Jeremy,

Get kitty to a vet ASAP. A severely constipated cat can leave little
spots of diarahea.

Good luck,
Rob