PDA

View Full Version : cat licks air

December 20th 06, 04:06 AM
So, what does the vet say? I am making an appt for my kitty tomorrow,
she is insane. I can pat her back side as HARD as I can and she will
take it, she will lick the air and purr loudly. When I say slap her
backside, I mean HARDER than you can imagine, she loves it! There has
to be a problem, freaky cat.

Maxine G
December 20th 06, 04:25 AM
wrote in news:1166587578.515588.281480
@t46g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> So, what does the vet say? I am making an appt for my kitty tomorrow,
> she is insane. I can pat her back side as HARD as I can and she will
> take it, she will lick the air and purr loudly. When I say slap her
> backside, I mean HARDER than you can imagine, she loves it! There has
> to be a problem, freaky cat.

I've met a lot of cats who lick the air or whatever's in front of them if
you pet or scratch them right in front of their tails. Not as strange as
you think.

--
mgusenet+this year at pcg dot net

Lynne
December 20th 06, 04:29 AM
on Wed, 20 Dec 2006 04:06:18 GMT, wrote:

> So, what does the vet say? I am making an appt for my kitty tomorrow,
> she is insane. I can pat her back side as HARD as I can and she will
> take it, she will lick the air and purr loudly. When I say slap her
> backside, I mean HARDER than you can imagine, she loves it! There has
> to be a problem, freaky cat.

Why are you slapping your cat??

--
Lynne

Lynne
December 20th 06, 04:30 AM
on Wed, 20 Dec 2006 04:25:16 GMT, Maxine G > wrote:

> I've met a lot of cats who lick the air or whatever's in front of them
> if you pet or scratch them right in front of their tails. Not as
> strange as you think.

My little manx, Calvin, would lick his chest if you scratched him right in
front of his tail stump. Late in his life he would do it so obsessively
and with the lightest touch anywhere near that area that we stopped
touching him there. It seemed like some kind of OCD behavior and cruel to
trigger it.

--
Lynne

MoMo via CatKB.com
December 20th 06, 02:27 PM
That is completely normal behavior. Dogs do that as well when you pet them
right above their tails.

wrote:
>So, what does the vet say? I am making an appt for my kitty tomorrow,
>she is insane. I can pat her back side as HARD as I can and she will
>take it, she will lick the air and purr loudly. When I say slap her
>backside, I mean HARDER than you can imagine, she loves it! There has
>to be a problem, freaky cat.

December 20th 06, 02:45 PM
"MoMo via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> That is completely normal behavior. Dogs do that as well when you pet
> them
> right above their tails.

In cats it is called feline hyperesthesia. It is very uncomfortable for
them.
The hallmark is, they will eventually bite their forelegs. Many vocalize.
Our boo is one of them. She "sings." Our vet said not to mess with it.
(But it is hard not to. She is hilarious. She points her nose at the sky
and closes her eyes and wags her head like a blind bluesman. "Mow,"
she says. Dramatic pause. "Mow, mow, MOW ..."

Outsider
December 20th 06, 10:01 PM
wrote in news:1166587578.515588.281480
@t46g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> So, what does the vet say? I am making an appt for my kitty tomorrow,
> she is insane. I can pat her back side as HARD as I can and she will
> take it, she will lick the air and purr loudly. When I say slap her
> backside, I mean HARDER than you can imagine, she loves it! There has
> to be a problem, freaky cat.

It seems I may be the only one sane enough to say

STOP HITTING YOUR CAT HARDER THAN ANYONE CAN IMAGINE!!!

What the hell is wrong with you?! Freaky cat?!!

And no one else thought this should be said?!?

Matthew
December 20th 06, 11:58 PM
"Outsider" > wrote in message
. ..
> wrote in news:1166587578.515588.281480
> @t46g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
>> So, what does the vet say? I am making an appt for my kitty tomorrow,
>> she is insane. I can pat her back side as HARD as I can and she will
>> take it, she will lick the air and purr loudly. When I say slap her
>> backside, I mean HARDER than you can imagine, she loves it! There has
>> to be a problem, freaky cat.
>>

> It seems I may be the only one sane enough to say
>
> STOP HITTING YOUR CAT HARDER THAN ANYONE CAN IMAGINE!!!
>

> What the hell is wrong with you?! Freaky cat?!!
>
> And no one else thought this should be said?!?

I was thinking stupid troll so I did not even bother with it

santa claus
December 21st 06, 12:00 AM
wrote:
> So, what does the vet say?

forgive me heather

why are you slapping the cat?
cause you can't pull her through you?
is that a love tap?
don't do that

see, all the nerves in a cats body gather near the base of the tail (on
the back)

cats actually love being petted there, but you have to graduate to this
area
it also depends on the hair there. if it's flat and course.. and you go
tousing it up
you will probably get some nips from the cat, if the hair is fine
there... just be...
warm handed etc...

licking the air????

i know you won't answer and tell the truth
but did the air licking start before or after the spankings

cause the last time bigbad had his ass spanked... my eyes AND mouth!
went open...
i too! was mouthing the air... gasping...

tell the ****ing truth and save a vet bill

send me the damn money

i oughta bust your ass for hitting the damn cat

you got a terrible displacing of malice going on there

YOU WANNA HURT SOMETHING?

go **** up a tree, but don't hit the cat

*take your damn cat to the vet

DON'T TELL THEM WHAT YOU TOLD HERE!

I wouldn't tell that to nobody

don't do that...

makes me hot

Matthew
December 21st 06, 12:16 AM
"santa claus" > wrote in message

>> So, what does the vet say?
>
> forgive me heather
>
> why are you slapping the cat?
> cause you can't pull her through you?
> is that a love tap?
> don't do that
>
> see, all the nerves in a cats body gather near the base of the tail (on
> the back)
>
> cats actually love being petted there, but you have to graduate to this
> area
> it also depends on the hair there. if it's flat and course.. and you go
> tousing it up
> you will probably get some nips from the cat, if the hair is fine
> there... just be...
> warm handed etc...
>
> licking the air????
>
> i know you won't answer and tell the truth
> but did the air licking start before or after the spankings
>
> cause the last time bigbad had his ass spanked... my eyes AND mouth!
> went open...
> i too! was mouthing the air... gasping...

But you liked it didn't you that was why your mouth was open you were
gasping out do it again ;-)

> tell the ****ing truth and save a vet bill
>
> send me the damn money
>
> i oughta bust your ass for hitting the damn cat
>
> you got a terrible displacing of malice going on there
>
> YOU WANNA HURT SOMETHING?
>
> go **** up a tree, but don't hit the cat
>
> *take your damn cat to the vet
>
> DON'T TELL THEM WHAT YOU TOLD HERE!
>
> I wouldn't tell that to nobody
>
> don't do that...
>
> makes me hot

santa claus
December 21st 06, 12:28 AM
Matthew wrote:

> But you liked it didn't you that was why your mouth was open you were
> gasping out do it again ;-)

stay out of this ass whippin matt this don't concern you

<pulling my belt off>

Outsider
December 21st 06, 12:58 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in news:4589ce31$0$17147
:

> "Outsider" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> wrote in news:1166587578.515588.281480
>> @t46g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>>
>>> So, what does the vet say? I am making an appt for my kitty tomorrow,
>>> she is insane. I can pat her back side as HARD as I can and she will
>>> take it, she will lick the air and purr loudly. When I say slap her
>>> backside, I mean HARDER than you can imagine, she loves it! There has
>>> to be a problem, freaky cat.
>>>

>> It seems I may be the only one sane enough to say
>>
>> STOP HITTING YOUR CAT HARDER THAN ANYONE CAN IMAGINE!!!
>>

>> What the hell is wrong with you?! Freaky cat?!!
>>
>> And no one else thought this should be said?!?
>>

> I was thinking stupid troll so I did not even bother with it

Yeah, that seems possible on second look.

ADeadFishDied
December 21st 06, 01:01 AM
On Dec 20, 7:00 pm, "santa claus" > wrote:
> wrote:
> > So, what does the vet say?forgive me heather
>
> why are you slapping the cat?
> cause you can't pull her through you?
> is that a love tap?
> don't do that
>
> see, all the nerves in a cats body gather near the base of the tail (on
> the back)
>
> cats actually love being petted there, but you have to graduate to this
> area
> it also depends on the hair there. if it's flat and course.. and you go
> tousing it up
> you will probably get some nips from the cat, if the hair is fine
> there... just be...
> warm handed etc...
>
> licking the air????
>
> i know you won't answer and tell the truth
> but did the air licking start before or after the spankings
>
> cause the last time bigbad had his ass spanked... my eyes AND mouth!
> went open...
> i too! was mouthing the air... gasping...
>
> tell the ****ing truth and save a vet bill
>
> send me the damn money
>
> i oughta bust your ass for hitting the damn cat
>
> you got a terrible displacing of malice going on there
>
> YOU WANNA HURT SOMETHING?
>
> go **** up a tree, but don't hit the cat
>
> *take your damn cat to the vet
>
> DON'T TELL THEM WHAT YOU TOLD HERE!
>
> I wouldn't tell that to nobody
>
> don't do that...
>
> makes me hot

**** up a tree? You need to cool it... It's A-OK to be angry but don't
start getting that mad.

santa claus
December 21st 06, 05:10 AM
ADeadFishDied wrote:

> **** up a tree? You need to cool it... It's A-OK to be angry but don't
> start getting that mad.

you know, that's an odd tale, but I am certain we don't know the half

December 22nd 06, 03:02 AM
OMG I am not hurting my cat silly, I have had her for 16 years and
would not dream of hurting her. Jeeeeeze.
Outsider wrote:
> wrote in news:1166587578.515588.281480
> @t46g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> > So, what does the vet say? I am making an appt for my kitty tomorrow,
> > she is insane. I can pat her back side as HARD as I can and she will
> > take it, she will lick the air and purr loudly. When I say slap her
> > backside, I mean HARDER than you can imagine, she loves it! There has
> > to be a problem, freaky cat.
> >

> It seems I may be the only one sane enough to say
>
> STOP HITTING YOUR CAT HARDER THAN ANYONE CAN IMAGINE!!!
>

> What the hell is wrong with you?! Freaky cat?!!
>
> And no one else thought this should be said?!?

December 22nd 06, 03:08 AM
Oh my, I guess my lil note was taken soooooooo the wrong way. Wow, I
think I joined a bit of an angry crew. I do not HIT my kitty out of
anger, we all pat her hind end not to harm her, jeeeeeeeeeze. Lighten
up. We have had her for 16 years and she is our sweetheart. So, I guess
I better join a bit of a lighter souled crew.
santa claus wrote:
> wrote:
> > So, what does the vet say?
>
> forgive me heather
>
> why are you slapping the cat?
> cause you can't pull her through you?
> is that a love tap?
> don't do that
>
> see, all the nerves in a cats body gather near the base of the tail (on
> the back)
>
> cats actually love being petted there, but you have to graduate to this
> area
> it also depends on the hair there. if it's flat and course.. and you go
> tousing it up
> you will probably get some nips from the cat, if the hair is fine
> there... just be...
> warm handed etc...
>
> licking the air????
>
> i know you won't answer and tell the truth
> but did the air licking start before or after the spankings
>
> cause the last time bigbad had his ass spanked... my eyes AND mouth!
> went open...
> i too! was mouthing the air... gasping...
>
> tell the ****ing truth and save a vet bill
>
> send me the damn money
>
> i oughta bust your ass for hitting the damn cat
>
> you got a terrible displacing of malice going on there
>
> YOU WANNA HURT SOMETHING?
>
> go **** up a tree, but don't hit the cat
>
> *take your damn cat to the vet
>
> DON'T TELL THEM WHAT YOU TOLD HERE!
>
> I wouldn't tell that to nobody
>
> don't do that...
>
> makes me hot

December 22nd 06, 03:17 AM
My kat also likes to have her back side slapped, i smack it pretty fast
and a bit hard, she to is crazy she licks the air and purrs if i stop,
she bites me, we have not taken her to the vet but did notice last
weekend a bit of hair loss. Have fun, dont listen to the losers, i to
do it, not mean just funny.
wrote:
> So, what does the vet say? I am making an appt for my kitty tomorrow,
> she is insane. I can pat her back side as HARD as I can and she will
> take it, she will lick the air and purr loudly. When I say slap her
> backside, I mean HARDER than you can imagine, she loves it! There has
> to be a problem, freaky cat.

December 22nd 06, 03:24 AM
holy cow cheryl simmer down, whoa nellie.
Cheryl wrote:
> On Wed 20 Dec 2006 06:58:45p, Matthew wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> >:
>
> > "Outsider" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> >>
> >> It seems I may be the only one sane enough to say
> >>
> >> STOP HITTING YOUR CAT HARDER THAN ANYONE CAN IMAGINE!!!
> >>

> >> What the hell is wrong with you?! Freaky cat?!!
> >>
> >> And no one else thought this should be said?!?
> >>

> > I was thinking stupid troll so I did not even bother with it
>
> I'm just now reading the group postings for today, but my first
> thought was the same. Why bother.
>
> --
> Cheryl

Outsider
December 22nd 06, 04:05 AM
wrote in news:[email protected]
80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

> My kat also likes to have her back side slapped, i smack it pretty fast
> and a bit hard, she to is crazy she licks the air and purrs if i stop,
> she bites me, we have not taken her to the vet but did notice last
> weekend a bit of hair loss. Have fun, dont listen to the losers, i to
> do it, not mean just funny.
> wrote:
>> So, what does the vet say? I am making an appt for my kitty tomorrow,
>> she is insane. I can pat her back side as HARD as I can and she will
>> take it, she will lick the air and purr loudly. When I say slap her
>> backside, I mean HARDER than you can imagine, she loves it! There has
>> to be a problem, freaky cat.

You DO know your ip address appears in your posts don't you, ahole? Why
are you answering your own post using a different name?

Outsider
December 22nd 06, 04:11 AM
wrote in news:[email protected]
80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

> My kat also likes to have her back side slapped, i smack it pretty fast
> and a bit hard, she to is crazy she licks the air and purrs if i stop,
> she bites me, we have not taken her to the vet but did notice last
> weekend a bit of hair loss. Have fun, dont listen to the losers, i to
> do it, not mean just funny.
> wrote:
>> So, what does the vet say? I am making an appt for my kitty tomorrow,
>> she is insane. I can pat her back side as HARD as I can and she will
>> take it, she will lick the air and purr loudly. When I say slap her
>> backside, I mean HARDER than you can imagine, she loves it! There has
>> to be a problem, freaky cat.

How are things up there is what would that be Oregon? Guess they never
found those climbers huh?

December 22nd 06, 05:50 AM
I am Erin, not heather! We have ONE line and two pc's...dont be so
suspicious..
Outsider wrote:
> wrote in news:[email protected]
> 80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:
>
> > My kat also likes to have her back side slapped, i smack it pretty fast
> > and a bit hard, she to is crazy she licks the air and purrs if i stop,
> > she bites me, we have not taken her to the vet but did notice last
> > weekend a bit of hair loss. Have fun, dont listen to the losers, i to
> > do it, not mean just funny.
> > wrote:
> >> So, what does the vet say? I am making an appt for my kitty tomorrow,
> >> she is insane. I can pat her back side as HARD as I can and she will
> >> take it, she will lick the air and purr loudly. When I say slap her
> >> backside, I mean HARDER than you can imagine, she loves it! There has
> >> to be a problem, freaky cat.
> >

> You DO know your ip address appears in your posts don't you, ahole? Why
> are you answering your own post using a different name?

santa claus
December 22nd 06, 10:26 AM
Outsider wrote:

> You DO know your ip address appears in your posts don't you, ahole? Why
> are you answering your own post using a different name?

shhh, it was just getting good, lmao

santa claus
December 22nd 06, 10:57 AM
wrote:

> I better join a bit of a lighter souled crew.

uh, mars AND JUPITER ALL IN THE SAME DAY?
thats you heather, i don't have to read an ip to figure that out

but I like what you wrote, it's very cute

-- i'd like to see a video of you slapping your cat as you say

the cutest thing you did.. you pulled out a puppet and said..
"wow! everybody here has a stick up their asses"

santa claus
December 22nd 06, 11:02 AM
wrote:
> Oh my, I guess my lil note was taken soooooooo the wrong way. Wow, I
> think I joined a bit of an angry crew. I do not HIT my kitty out of
> anger, we all pat her hind end not to harm her, jeeeeeeeeeze. Lighten
> up. We have had her for 16 years and she is our sweetheart. So, I guess
> I better join a bit of a lighter souled crew.
> santa claus wrote:

ok, I take it back then

show us a video techno-girl, whip out that web cam and spank your cat

santa claus
December 22nd 06, 11:25 AM
wrote:
Wow, I
> think I joined a bit of an angry crew.

lmao

WE'RE NOT ANGRY WE'RE INCENSED
THE GRAPES OF OUR WRATH HAS FERMENTED
WE ARE DRUNK WITH FURY, WE MIX RAGE WITH RAGE

OUR PREJUDICE KNOWS NO BOUNDS

just kidding, it's really just a simple few who act like that
there's gobs of good information here

Outsider
December 22nd 06, 01:21 PM
wrote in
ups.com:

> I am Erin, not heather! We have ONE line and two pc's...dont be so
> suspicious..

Back-pedaling already? You're a poor excuse for a troll. BTW: I would
recommend a creative writing class. It might help you write in two voices
that are NOT exactly the same. Hey, don't feel bad; everyone has to start
somewhere.

Thanks for the laugh anyway; come back soon!

Outsider
December 22nd 06, 01:23 PM
"santa claus" > wrote in
ps.com:

> Outsider wrote:
>
>> You DO know your ip address appears in your posts don't you, ahole?
>> Why are you answering your own post using a different name?
>
> shhh, it was just getting good, lmao

yeah, couldn't help myself.