PDA

View Full Version : dangit, Louis: Hip Dysplasia in a Bengal?

Brian Link
December 21st 06, 08:36 PM
This morning my wife noticed our 4 year old Bengal was limping. His
rear right leg seemed lame, though Louis was eating and otherwise
acting normally.

The vet took his first look at the x-rays and tentatively diagnosed
hip dysplasia. The x-rays are being sent to a radiologist, and we'll
know tomorrow whether the diagnosis is correct.

Has anyone seen this in an otherwise small cat breed?

This has me wrecked. So far my googling has produced mostly ads for
pain medication. I could use some advice and/or consolation here.

Thanks

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

santa claus
December 21st 06, 11:06 PM
Brian Link wrote:
> This morning my wife noticed our 4 year old Bengal was limping. His
> rear right leg seemed lame, though Louis was eating and otherwise
> acting normally.
>
> The vet took his first look at the x-rays and tentatively diagnosed
> hip dysplasia. The x-rays are being sent to a radiologist, and we'll
> know tomorrow whether the diagnosis is correct.
>
> Has anyone seen this in an otherwise small cat breed?
>
> This has me wrecked. So far my googling has produced mostly ads for
> pain medication. I could use some advice and/or consolation here.
>
> Thanks
>
> BLink
> --------------------------
> "The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

show me the reciept from the vet first

Lynne
December 21st 06, 11:19 PM
on Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:36:40 GMT, Brian Link > wrote:

> This has me wrecked. So far my googling has produced mostly ads for
> pain medication. I could use some advice and/or consolation here.

All I can offer is consolation. I'm so sorry for your kitty and you and
your family.

Hip dysplasia does occur in cats, it's just not as common as it is in dogs.

Here is an article you may find helpful, Nutritional Influences on Hip
Dysplasia:
http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proceedings.plx?CID=WSAVA2004&PID=8727
&O=Generic

--
Lynne

Lynne
December 21st 06, 11:56 PM
By the way, do a google search on feline hip dysplasia and you should get
plenty of info

--
Lynne