PDA

View Full Version : My Toma girl has passed...

hantayo
December 22nd 06, 08:27 PM
My beloved Toma girl passed away 1 week ago today. She was 15 yrs & 4
months old.
On Dec.15th, 2006, at 3:45 PM, my beloved Toma girl was put to sleep while
I gently held her still. She passed after her long 2 year battle with CRF -
kidney failure. She was very ill for the last week of her life - it was
horrible. As she passed my face was pressed into her furry side as I calmly
said over &
over again that I love her as Mike, our Vet, gave her the shot that ended
her suffering. We had the Vet come out to our home to do it. I felt her life
leave her body & I will never forget how that felt. My heart is so
damaged that I am unable to continue on. I have been through many losses
but - this loss is so much worse - there are no words for this pain. I just
can't cope with it & I do believe that I am at my limits. I simply
can't go on without her. My God - she's been my constant companion since she
was born on Aug. 31st, 1991. She is woven into the tapestry of my world - my
life.:-(
Below is the link to Toma's web page:..............>^.,.^<
http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/toma8k.html
Thanks for listening.... Kathy (Hantayo) & Toma girl (in spirit)

--
"The Raven keeps one eye on the future - yet - one eye on the past so his
journey is always straight..."

sheelagh
December 22nd 06, 08:38 PM
hantayo wrote:

> My beloved Toma girl passed away 1 week ago today. She was 15 yrs & 4
> months old.
> On Dec.15th, 2006, at 3:45 PM, my beloved Toma girl was put to sleep while
> I gently held her still. She passed after her long 2 year battle with CRF -
> kidney failure. She was very ill for the last week of her life - it was
> horrible. As she passed my face was pressed into her furry side as I calmly
> said over &
> over again that I love her as Mike, our Vet, gave her the shot that ended
> her suffering. We had the Vet come out to our home to do it. I felt her life
> leave her body & I will never forget how that felt. My heart is so
> damaged that I am unable to continue on. I have been through many losses
> but - this loss is so much worse - there are no words for this pain. I just
> can't cope with it & I do believe that I am at my limits. I simply
> can't go on without her. My God - she's been my constant companion since she
> was born on Aug. 31st, 1991. She is woven into the tapestry of my world - my
> life.:-(
> Below is the link to Toma's web page:..............>^.,.^<
> http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/toma8k.html
> Thanks for listening.... Kathy (Hantayo) & Toma girl (in spirit)
>
> --
> "The Raven keeps one eye on the future - yet - one eye on the past so his
> journey is always straight..."
> http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/

bookie
December 22nd 06, 08:52 PM
hantayo wrote:
> My beloved Toma girl passed away 1 week ago today. She was 15 yrs & 4
> months old.
> On Dec.15th, 2006, at 3:45 PM, my beloved Toma girl was put to sleep while
> I gently held her still. She passed after her long 2 year battle with CRF -
> kidney failure. She was very ill for the last week of her life - it was
> horrible. As she passed my face was pressed into her furry side as I calmly
> said over &
> over again that I love her as Mike, our Vet, gave her the shot that ended
> her suffering. We had the Vet come out to our home to do it. I felt her life
> leave her body & I will never forget how that felt. My heart is so
> damaged that I am unable to continue on. I have been through many losses
> but - this loss is so much worse - there are no words for this pain. I just
> can't cope with it & I do believe that I am at my limits. I simply
> can't go on without her. My God - she's been my constant companion since she
> was born on Aug. 31st, 1991. She is woven into the tapestry of my world - my
> life.:-(
> Below is the link to Toma's web page:..............>^.,.^<
> http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/toma8k.html
> Thanks for listening.... Kathy (Hantayo) & Toma girl (in spirit)

she is at peace now and free of pain and suffering but it is still a
hard thing to come to terms with when you lose your best friend. she
would not want you to be sad, she would want you to be happy for her
now she has moved on and left the illness and pain behind.
you obviously have a lot of love and care to give still so please
consider giving it to some homeless needy kitty after christmas when so
many are dumped in shelters and are so desperate for someone like you
to come along and take them home. your little girl would not want to
mourn for her long and she would not want to see you so sad or your
love wasted, but i knwo it is hard. have a good cry and remember the
good times with her.

purrs and hugs from me and jessie, bookie

sheelagh
December 22nd 06, 09:23 PM
> On Dec.15th, 2006, at 3:45 PM, my beloved Toma girl was put to sleep while
> I gently held her still. She passed after her long 2 year battle with CRF -
> kidney failure. She was very ill for the last week of her life - it was
> horrible.
I share in your recent grief & offer you my unconditional symathy & our
empathies too.We recently lost a battle with our beloved family member
Jasper, to the same condition,so I know exactly the pattern of loss
that you are going through(so many well meaning people tell you that
they understand,but if you haven't been through it yourself, you really
don't know how utterly devastating it can be...I am sure that you
understand what I say?)Like you, our Jasper was 18years old.Older than
some of our children are...so you could say that he was the tapestry
that our life was woven around.We didn't ask for him,he chose us one
day over 16years ago.

>I just
> can't cope with it & I do believe that I am at my limits. I simply
> can't go on without her.
This is exactly how we feel too.(I would have said felt, but it is
still so fresh that I cant"felt").I even felt so strongly about the
diagnosis, that I considered a second opinion because I couldn't bare
the thought of parting with him-yet @ the last moment,common sense &
the fact that I have known my vet for so long & respect her so much for
her profesionalism,that I realised that it was me that was @ fault,not
her...It didn't lessen the grief, but it did make me feel better about
myself & the choice I made.The last thing that I wanted was to
intensify his pain & suffereing any longer than was nessacery,for my
personal feelings towards him & the pain I knew it would cause us all-I
think that you will understand what I mean?
I can only tell you that now that she has crossed the rainbow bridge,
that she will thank you for your personal sacrifice-she is no longer in
pain anymore & has the comfort of being able to watch over you and
yours without that burden of pain anymore.
It is hard,& I won't tell you false words in comfort that don't truelty
exist...
Nevertheless,It would be true to tell you that time is an excellent
healer,& is only a cliche because it is the truth.You cope by carrying
on as you must because you have to..some days are better than others,
but It does ease as it time passes-You learn to cope with it with
stratergy's(ie:imagine that she has got past her mortal life but you
will join her one day where she will be waiting to be with you to share
that eternal bond of love)
>My God - she's been my constant companion since she
> was born on Aug. 31st, 1991. She is woven into the tapestry of my world - my
> life.:-(
Ours too...It is desperately sad.Some days are easier to cope than
others .I dread xmas this year...how can I think of enjoying it without
him?On the other hand, how can I wreck xmas for all of the kids because
I feel so awful about it?It is a case of having to making a happy
medium because we have to?!!!!I know how difficult it will be for
you.When you find yourself feeling these moments of unbearable
loss-know that there are others out there who share your pain too.I
might never have known your baby-but I do know the grief you bare in
your sole.As I told you,some of my kids are younger than he was- it is
ever so hard!

> "The Raven keeps one eye on the future - yet - one eye on the past so his
> journey is always straight..."
Thankyou for sharing this story & journal with us too.It is a testament
of your love & know that your cat loved at you as well,& also thanks
you for the sacrifice that you made on their behalf.
My heart goes out to you..truely.There is always someone on here that
will talk to you in time of need,& you did do the right thing, however
much pain it causes you right now,ok?
S.

Eva Quesnell
December 22nd 06, 09:44 PM
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, sheelagh wrote:

> hantayo wrote:
>
>> My beloved Toma girl passed away 1 week ago today. She was 15 yrs & 4
>> months old.
>> On Dec.15th, 2006, at 3:45 PM, my beloved Toma girl was put to sleep while
>> I gently held her still. She passed after her long 2 year battle with CRF -
>> kidney failure. She was very ill for the last week of her life - it was
>> horrible. As she passed my face was pressed into her furry side as I calmly
>> said over &
>> over again that I love her as Mike, our Vet, gave her the shot that ended
>> her suffering. We had the Vet come out to our home to do it. I felt her life
>> leave her body & I will never forget how that felt. My heart is so
>> damaged that I am unable to continue on. I have been through many losses
>> but - this loss is so much worse - there are no words for this pain. I just
>> can't cope with it & I do believe that I am at my limits. I simply
>> can't go on without her. My God - she's been my constant companion since she
>> was born on Aug. 31st, 1991. She is woven into the tapestry of my world - my
>> life.:-(
>> Below is the link to Toma's web page:..............>^.,.^<
>> http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/toma8k.html
>> Thanks for listening.... Kathy (Hantayo) & Toma girl (in spirit)
>>
>> --
>> "The Raven keeps one eye on the future - yet - one eye on the past so his
>> journey is always straight..."
>> http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. I looked at her pictures. She was a
beautiful little girl. But you must go on. Toma would want you to be
brave and to take another little cat into your heart. I am sorry. I can
feel your grief jump out at me from this message. Kathy, Toma doesn't
want you to be this sad. Grieve for her as you must, but then also for
her, you must go on. :( Bless your heart. You gave her much love for so
many years. That's all we can ever do for our fur babies. Hang on.

Eva

mlbriggs
December 22nd 06, 10:07 PM
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:27:41 -0600, hantayo wrote:

> My beloved Toma girl passed away 1 week ago today. She was 15 yrs & 4
> months old.
> On Dec.15th, 2006, at 3:45 PM, my beloved Toma girl was put to sleep while
> I gently held her still. She passed after her long 2 year battle with CRF -
> kidney failure. She was very ill for the last week of her life - it was
> horrible. As she passed my face was pressed into her furry side as I calmly
> said over &
> over again that I love her as Mike, our Vet, gave her the shot that ended
> her suffering. We had the Vet come out to our home to do it. I felt her life
> leave her body & I will never forget how that felt. My heart is so
> damaged that I am unable to continue on. I have been through many losses
> but - this loss is so much worse - there are no words for this pain. I just
> can't cope with it & I do believe that I am at my limits. I simply
> can't go on without her. My God - she's been my constant companion since she
> was born on Aug. 31st, 1991. She is woven into the tapestry of my world - my
> life.:-(
> Below is the link to Toma's web page:..............>^.,.^<
> http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/toma8k.html
> Thanks for listening.... Kathy (Hantayo) & Toma girl (in spirit)

AFTERWARDS

After the worst has happened,
With nothing left to fear
The sun continues shining
With undiminished cheer,
And winds continue blowing,
And skies continue fair,
And hearts continue bearing
The thing they could not bear.
Author: J.H.Marchant

Deepest sympathy. MLB

Matthew
December 22nd 06, 10:40 PM
Some words I always hold in my heart

Always remember We will be there even if you can't see us.
We are always Watching and Waiting. That cool puff of air you
feel across your cheek, that fleeting touch, the feeling you have
that I was walking across your bed, that moment you swear you can
hear us, that flicker of movement out of the corner of your eye.
Is just our way of saying I love you and I am with you always even
in the darkest time We Will Always Be There. Till our paws touch again
always know we love you and cherished our special time together

Author Matthew

IF TEARS COULD BUILD A STAIRWAY

If tears could build a stairway.
and memories a lane.
I would walk right up to Heaven
and bring you back again.

No farewell words were spoken
No time to say "Goodbye."
You were gone before I knew it.
and only Gods knows why.

My heart still aches with sadness.
and secret tears still flow.
What it meant to love you-
No one can ever know.

But now I know you want me
to mourn for you no more:
To remember all the happy times.
life still has much in store

Since you'll never be forgotten.
I pledge to you today-
A hollowed place within my heart.
is where you will always stay.

Author unknown

"hantayo" > wrote in message
> My beloved Toma girl passed away 1 week ago today. She was 15 yrs & 4
> months old.
> On Dec.15th, 2006, at 3:45 PM, my beloved Toma girl was put to sleep while
> I gently held her still. She passed after her long 2 year battle with
> CRF -
> kidney failure. She was very ill for the last week of her life - it was
> horrible. As she passed my face was pressed into her furry side as I
> calmly
> said over &
> over again that I love her as Mike, our Vet, gave her the shot that ended
> her suffering. We had the Vet come out to our home to do it. I felt her
> life
> leave her body & I will never forget how that felt. My heart is so
> damaged that I am unable to continue on. I have been through many losses
> but - this loss is so much worse - there are no words for this pain. I
> just
> can't cope with it & I do believe that I am at my limits. I simply
> can't go on without her. My God - she's been my constant companion since
> she
> was born on Aug. 31st, 1991. She is woven into the tapestry of my world -
> my
> life.:-(
> Below is the link to Toma's web page:..............>^.,.^<
> http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/toma8k.html
> Thanks for listening.... Kathy (Hantayo) & Toma girl (in spirit)
>
> --
> "The Raven keeps one eye on the future - yet - one eye on the past so his
> journey is always straight..."
> http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/

Michael Lane
December 22nd 06, 11:42 PM
hantayo wrote:

My beloved Toma girl passed away 1 week ago today. She was 15 yrs & 4
months old.
On Dec.15th, 2006, at 3:45 PM, my beloved Toma girl was put to sleep
while I gently held

Rest quietly sweet Toma girl, all you suffering is over.

I believe only losing a child is harder.

My sincere condolences to you.

Michael Lane

sheelagh
December 23rd 06, 12:55 AM
> [...]

> life.:-(

Ours too...It is desperately sad.Some days are easier to cope than
others .I dread xmas this year...how can I think of enjoying it without

him?On the other hand, how can I wreck xmas for all of the kids because

I feel so awful about it?It is a case of having to making a happy
medium because we have to?!!!!I know how difficult it will be for
you.When you find yourself feeling these moments of unbearable
loss-know that there are others out there who share your pain too.I
might never have known your baby-but I do know the grief you bare in
your sole.As I told you,some of my kids are younger than he was- it is
ever so hard!

> "The Raven keeps one eye on the future - yet - one eye on the past so his
> journey is always straight..."

Thankyou for sharing this story & journal with us too.It is a testament

of your love & know that your cat loved you as well,& also thanks
you for the sacrifice that you made on their behalf.
My heart goes out to you..truely.There is always someone on here that
will talk to you in time of need,& you did do the right thing, however
much pain it causes you right now.
You gave the gift of sacrifce of them all, which is the greatest
selfless gift
Be proud rather than sad when you think of her If you can?
S.

Cheryl
December 23rd 06, 01:30 AM
On Fri 22 Dec 2006 03:27:41p, hantayo wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav >:

> My beloved Toma girl passed away 1 week ago today. She was 15
> yrs & 4 months old.
> On Dec.15th, 2006, at 3:45 PM, my beloved Toma girl was put to
> sleep while I gently held her still. She passed after her long 2
> year battle with CRF - kidney failure. She was very ill for the
> last week of her life - it was horrible.

Kathy, I'm so sorry for your loss. I have read your stories of Toma
for a few years, and I know how much you love her. She lives in you,
and you'll be ok. She wants you to be. Hang in there and tell us
some more stories about her, please?

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
December 23rd 06, 01:32 AM
On Fri 22 Dec 2006 06:42:54p, Michael Lane wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav <news:[email protected]
3131.bay.webtv.net>:

> I believe only losing a child is harder.

Having lost both, the initial pain of both is equal. Seriously. At
least for some. The pain of losing a pet lessens sooner because they
aren't supposed to outlive us; our children are.

--
Cheryl

bookie
December 23rd 06, 01:39 AM
Michael Lane wrote:
> hantayo wrote:
>

> My beloved Toma girl passed away 1 week ago today. She was 15 yrs & 4
> months old.
> On Dec.15th, 2006, at 3:45 PM, my beloved Toma girl was put to sleep
> while I gently held
>
> Rest quietly sweet Toma girl, all you suffering is over.
>
> I believe only losing a child is harder.
>
> My sincere condolences to you.
>
> Michael Lane
have just been reading the website and I can't stop myself crying, she
was beautiful, poor little soul, so soft and velvety, only consolation
is that she is free from pain now

Buddy's Mom
December 23rd 06, 01:40 AM
I think that those of us who have loved and lost our special kitties
are all crying like babies over your loss. I am so sorry! Having had
to put two of our kitties to sleep around Christmas over a period of
about 4 years - I know how awful it is. There is really nothing new to
say - only that we understand and feel your loss and pain as if it it
is our own.
Sharon
hantayo wrote:
> My beloved Toma girl passed away 1 week ago today. She was 15 yrs & 4
> months old.
> On Dec.15th, 2006, at 3:45 PM, my beloved Toma girl was put to sleep while
> I gently held her still. She passed after her long 2 year battle with CRF -
> kidney failure. She was very ill for the last week of her life - it was
> horrible. As she passed my face was pressed into her furry side as I calmly
> said over &
> over again that I love her as Mike, our Vet, gave her the shot that ended
> her suffering. We had the Vet come out to our home to do it. I felt her life
> leave her body & I will never forget how that felt. My heart is so
> damaged that I am unable to continue on. I have been through many losses
> but - this loss is so much worse - there are no words for this pain. I just
> can't cope with it & I do believe that I am at my limits. I simply
> can't go on without her. My God - she's been my constant companion since she
> was born on Aug. 31st, 1991. She is woven into the tapestry of my world - my
> life.:-(
> Below is the link to Toma's web page:..............>^.,.^<
> http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/toma8k.html
> Thanks for listening.... Kathy (Hantayo) & Toma girl (in spirit)
>
> --
> "The Raven keeps one eye on the future - yet - one eye on the past so his
> journey is always straight..."
> http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/

Outsider
December 23rd 06, 01:44 AM
"hantayo" > wrote in
:

> My beloved Toma girl passed away 1 week ago today. She was 15 yrs & 4
> months old.
> On Dec.15th, 2006, at 3:45 PM, my beloved Toma girl was put to sleep
> while I gently held her still. She passed after her long 2 year battle
> with CRF - kidney failure. She was very ill for the last week of her
> life - it was horrible. As she passed my face was pressed into her
> furry side as I calmly said over &
> over again that I love her as Mike, our Vet, gave her the shot that
> ended her suffering. We had the Vet come out to our home to do it. I
> felt her life leave her body & I will never forget how that felt. My
> heart is so damaged that I am unable to continue on. I have been
> through many losses but - this loss is so much worse - there are no
> words for this pain. I just can't cope with it & I do believe that I
> am at my limits. I simply can't go on without her. My God - she's been
> my constant companion since she was born on Aug. 31st, 1991. She is
> woven into the tapestry of my world - my life.:-(
> Below is the link to Toma's web page:..............>^.,.^<
> http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/toma8k.html
> Thanks for listening.... Kathy (Hantayo) & Toma girl (in spirit)

If I could offer you a big fat-guy hug I would but over the Internet I can
only say how truly sorry I am at your loss. They are here for such a short
visit in the scheme of things but they leave such a large mark. I hope you
find the path though your grief as short as possible.

Andy

blkcatgal
December 23rd 06, 05:15 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. My heartfelt condolences.

Sue

"hantayo" > wrote in message
> My beloved Toma girl passed away 1 week ago today. She was 15 yrs & 4
> months old.
> On Dec.15th, 2006, at 3:45 PM, my beloved Toma girl was put to sleep while
> I gently held her still. She passed after her long 2 year battle with
> CRF -
> kidney failure. She was very ill for the last week of her life - it was
> horrible. As she passed my face was pressed into her furry side as I
> calmly
> said over &
> over again that I love her as Mike, our Vet, gave her the shot that ended
> her suffering. We had the Vet come out to our home to do it. I felt her
> life
> leave her body & I will never forget how that felt. My heart is so
> damaged that I am unable to continue on. I have been through many losses
> but - this loss is so much worse - there are no words for this pain. I
> just
> can't cope with it & I do believe that I am at my limits. I simply
> can't go on without her. My God - she's been my constant companion since
> she
> was born on Aug. 31st, 1991. She is woven into the tapestry of my world -
> my
> life.:-(
> Below is the link to Toma's web page:..............>^.,.^<
> http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/toma8k.html
> Thanks for listening.... Kathy (Hantayo) & Toma girl (in spirit)
>
> --
> "The Raven keeps one eye on the future - yet - one eye on the past so his
> journey is always straight..."
> http://showcase.netins.net/web/motherearthfathersky/

Marissa
December 23rd 06, 08:24 PM
I have tears in my eyes. I'm so sorry about Toma. She is such a beautiful
girl. Remember, her spirit is still with you.

Condolences,
Maria
Sasha 17
Liz 17
Benson 4
My recently adopted stray Tiki Cat (age??)Who is an angel sent down to be
with our family.