PDA

View Full Version : Meerkat Manor--I'm WRECKED

cybercat
December 23rd 06, 02:09 AM
The Goshawk snatched up baby Blossom and carried her off ... presumably to
rip her to pieces.

(@) (@)

^^^^^

addicted
December 23rd 06, 02:49 AM
cybercat wrote:
> The Goshawk snatched up baby Blossom and carried her off ... presumably to
> rip her to pieces.
>
> (@) (@)
>
> ^^^^^

There's a calm surrender
To the rush of day
When the heat of the rolling world
Can be turned away

-L.
December 23rd 06, 07:40 AM
cybercat wrote:
> The Goshawk snatched up baby Blossom and carried her off ... presumably to
> rip her to pieces.
>
> (@) (@)
>
> ^^^^^

Yep. It happens. Nature is brutal sometimes.
Are you still gonna watch?

-L.

Wendy
December 23rd 06, 11:28 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> The Goshawk snatched up baby Blossom and carried her off ... presumably to
> rip her to pieces.
>
> (@) (@)
>
> ^^^^^

Just wait until you see what happens to Mozart's litter. :o(

December 23rd 06, 05:07 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>> The Goshawk snatched up baby Blossom and carried her off ... presumably
>> rip her to pieces.
>>
>> (@) (@)
>>
>> ^^^^^
>
> Yep. It happens. Nature is brutal sometimes.
> Are you still gonna watch?

You bet! They are actually pretty good at what they
show--enough near escapes to balance out the brutal
parts. I love the desert scenes, aside from the cute little
animals.

cybercat
December 23rd 06, 05:07 PM
"Wendy" > wrote in message
. ..

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>> The Goshawk snatched up baby Blossom and carried her off ... presumably
>> to rip her to pieces.
>>
>> (@) (@)
>>
>> ^^^^^
>>

> Just wait until you see what happens to Mozart's litter. :o(

Ohhhh noooooooo. The whole LITTER?

Wendy
December 23rd 06, 08:28 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Wendy" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>> The Goshawk snatched up baby Blossom and carried her off ... presumably
>>> to rip her to pieces.
>>>
>>> (@) (@)
>>>
>>> ^^^^^
>>>

>> Just wait until you see what happens to Mozart's litter. :o(
>>

> Ohhhh noooooooo. The whole LITTER?

I'd be a terrible person to do that kind of research. I don't think I'd
learn much - be too busy running in there trying to save them.

Eva Quesnell
December 23rd 06, 10:24 PM
On Sat, 23 Dec 2006, cybercat wrote:

> "Wendy" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>> The Goshawk snatched up baby Blossom and carried her off ... presumably
>>> to rip her to pieces.
>>>
>>> (@) (@)
>>>
>>> ^^^^^
>>>

>> Just wait until you see what happens to Mozart's litter. :o(
>>

> Ohhhh noooooooo. The whole LITTER?

I don't think I understand why you guys watch this show. I think I'm glad
I don't have cable. Gulp.

Eva

MaryL
December 24th 06, 12:16 AM
"Eva Quesnell" > wrote in message
du...
> On Sat, 23 Dec 2006, cybercat wrote:
>

>> "Wendy" > wrote in message
>> . ..

>>> Just wait until you see what happens to Mozart's litter. :o(
>>>

>> Ohhhh noooooooo. The whole LITTER?
>
> I don't think I understand why you guys watch this show. I think I'm glad
> I don't have cable. Gulp.
>
> Eva

The two incidents described here are harsh (just as nature is harsh), and
I'm rather glad I didn't see them. However, I am a big fan of Meerkat
Manor. In general, it is a delightful show that evokes far more laughter
than sadness.

MaryL

Lynne
December 24th 06, 01:10 AM
on Sun, 24 Dec 2006 00:16:10 GMT, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:

> The two incidents described here are harsh (just as nature is harsh),
> and I'm rather glad I didn't see them. However, I am a big fan of
> Meerkat Manor. In general, it is a delightful show that evokes far
> more laughter than sadness.

Makes me almost wish I had cable tv. When does it air and what channel is
it on? Maybe I'll watch it at my mom's house sometime.

--
Lynne

MaryL
December 24th 06, 06:05 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
m...
> on Sun, 24 Dec 2006 00:16:10 GMT, "MaryL"
> -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:
>
>> The two incidents described here are harsh (just as nature is harsh),
>> and I'm rather glad I didn't see them. However, I am a big fan of
>> Meerkat Manor. In general, it is a delightful show that evokes far
>> more laughter than sadness.
>
> Makes me almost wish I had cable tv. When does it air and what channel is
> it on? Maybe I'll watch it at my mom's house sometime.
>
> --
> Lynne
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it/

It is on Animal Planet at 8:00 ET (plus repeats at some other times). Here
is the Animal Planet schedule:
http://animal.discovery.com/tvlistings/weekly.jsp?channel=APL

MaryL

Eva Quesnell
December 24th 06, 05:59 PM
On Sat, 23 Dec 2006, MaryL wrote:

> "Eva Quesnell" > wrote in message
> du...
>> On Sat, 23 Dec 2006, cybercat wrote:
>>

>>> "Wendy" > wrote in message
>>> . ..

>>> Ohhhh noooooooo. The whole LITTER?
>>
>> I don't think I understand why you guys watch this show. I think I'm glad
>> I don't have cable. Gulp.
>>
>> Eva
>
> The two incidents described here are harsh (just as nature is harsh), and
> I'm rather glad I didn't see them. However, I am a big fan of Meerkat
> Manor. In general, it is a delightful show that evokes far more laughter
> than sadness.
>
> MaryL

That's good. I do think meerkats are precious little creatures. :)

Eva

addicted
December 25th 06, 01:14 AM
cybercat wrote:
> The Goshawk snatched up baby Blossom and carried her off ... presumably to
> rip her to pieces.
>
> (@) (@)
>
> ^^^^^

babe, that is sooo ****ing cute of you to post this

im sorry you had to see that, lol

I was thinking about your post here.
I figure it is good for children to watch. If they are old enough to
understand what you saw, then they are ready to learn about the circle
of life.

your little mouth was too cute telling it.

yngver
January 3rd 07, 08:03 PM
On Dec 23 2006, 11:07 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Wendy" > wrote in messagenews:[email protected] st.com...
>

> > "cybercat" > wrote in message
> >> The Goshawk snatched up baby Blossom and carried her off ... presumably
> >> to rip her to pieces.
>
> >> (@) (@)
>
> >> ^^^^^
>
> > Just wait until you see what happens to Mozart's litter. :o

>(Ohhhh noooooooo. The whole LITTER?

Unlike with Blossom, they don't actually show what happens to Mozart's
litter. And if you've been watching the show for a while and have
learned a bit about meerkat colonies, it isn't unexpected. Sad, but not
a surprise.
-yngver

cybercat
January 3rd 07, 08:51 PM
"yngver" > wrote

> Unlike with Blossom, they don't actually show what happens to Mozart's
> litter. And if you've been watching the show for a while and have
> learned a bit about meerkat colonies, it isn't unexpected. Sad, but not
> a surprise.
> -yngver

I saw it coming and stopped watching. I will never forget that
&%$#in hawk flying away with Blossom in its talons a moment
after they showed her all dewy-eyed, chomping on bugs.

dgk
January 3rd 07, 09:00 PM
On 3 Jan 2007 12:03:55 -0800, "yngver" > wrote:

>On Dec 23 2006, 11:07 am, "cybercat" > wrote:

>> > Just wait until you see what happens to Mozart's litter. :o
>
>>(Ohhhh noooooooo. The whole LITTER?
>
>Unlike with Blossom, they don't actually show what happens to Mozart's
>litter. And if you've been watching the show for a while and have
>learned a bit about meerkat colonies, it isn't unexpected. Sad, but not
>a surprise.
>-yngver

When does season 3 start?

yngver
January 5th 07, 08:14 PM

\
>When does season 3 start?

This summer. I understand it is being filmed in HD. It looks better
than many shows in standard definition, so I'm eager to see it in HD.
-yngver

dgk
January 5th 07, 08:35 PM
On 5 Jan 2007 12:14:58 -0800, "yngver" > wrote:

>On Jan 3, 3:00 pm, dgk > wrote:

>> >Unlike with Blossom, they don't actually show what happens to Mozart's
>> >litter. And if you've been watching the show for a while and have
>> >learned a bit about meerkat colonies, it isn't unexpected. Sad, but not
>> >a surprise.
>> >-yngver
>\
>>When does season 3 start?
>
>This summer. I understand it is being filmed in HD. It looks better
>than many shows in standard definition, so I'm eager to see it in HD.
>-yngver

And I was going to order season 1 on DVD but I want the British
version that was narrated by Bill Nighy. I liked the US version but
the folks in the UK seem to love Bill Nighy (see
http://www.billnighy.info/2006/08/02/meerkat-manor-on-dvd-finally/)

But it isn't region free. I have to see about hacking my dvd player to
ignore the region codes. I never bothered before but i don't want to
screw it up so I can't watch American DVDs.

Matthew
January 5th 07, 08:43 PM
You can get something to watch it on your computer that removes the region
block on it

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

"dgk" > wrote in message
> On 5 Jan 2007 12:14:58 -0800, "yngver" > wrote:

>>\
>>>When does season 3 start?
>>
>>This summer. I understand it is being filmed in HD. It looks better
>>than many shows in standard definition, so I'm eager to see it in HD.
>>-yngver
>
> And I was going to order season 1 on DVD but I want the British
> version that was narrated by Bill Nighy. I liked the US version but
> the folks in the UK seem to love Bill Nighy (see
> http://www.billnighy.info/2006/08/02/meerkat-manor-on-dvd-finally/)
>
> But it isn't region free. I have to see about hacking my dvd player to
> ignore the region codes. I never bothered before but i don't want to
> screw it up so I can't watch American DVDs.

dgk
January 8th 07, 01:24 PM
On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:43:06 -0500, "Matthew"
> wrote:

>You can get something to watch it on your computer that removes the region
>block on it
>
>http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

Yes, thanks, but I want it on the TV. I'll look around.

kraut
January 8th 07, 03:01 PM

>>You can get something to watch it on your computer that removes the region
>>block on it
>>
>>http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html
>>

>Yes, thanks, but I want it on the TV. I'll look around.

I could never understand why someone would want to watch movies on a
computer when you can pop it in the VCR or DVD player and watch it on
the tele.

Matthew
January 8th 07, 05:29 PM
"kraut" > wrote in message

>>>You can get something to watch it on your computer that removes the
>>>region
>>>block on it
>>>
>>>http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html
>>>

>>Yes, thanks, but I want it on the TV. I'll look around.
>
> I could never understand why someone would want to watch movies on a
> computer when you can pop it in the VCR or DVD player and watch it on
> the tele.

For me my computer screen is just about as big as my TV

dgk
January 8th 07, 05:58 PM
On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 12:29:07 -0500, "Matthew"
> wrote:

>>>Yes, thanks, but I want it on the TV. I'll look around.
>>
>> I could never understand why someone would want to watch movies on a
>> computer when you can pop it in the VCR or DVD player and watch it on
>> the tele.
>>
>For me my computer screen is just about as big as my TV

Ah, not the case here. A plain old 17" monitor. The TV is 31", old
style LowDef. I do have a hi def one but it's 26 inches and is in the
computer room. It is really sharp but I still like the 31. It's also
more cozy to watch in the living room.

My house really isn't big enough for a giant TV. When prices come down
some more I might get a bigger one than I have. But then what do I do
with this one?

Matthew
January 8th 07, 06:09 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 12:29:07 -0500, "Matthew"
> > wrote:

>>> I could never understand why someone would want to watch movies on a
>>> computer when you can pop it in the VCR or DVD player and watch it on
>>> the tele.
>>>
>>For me my computer screen is just about as big as my TV
>>

> Ah, not the case here. A plain old 17" monitor. The TV is 31", old
> style LowDef. I do have a hi def one but it's 26 inches and is in the
> computer room. It is really sharp but I still like the 31. It's also
> more cozy to watch in the living room.
>
> My house really isn't big enough for a giant TV. When prices come down
> some more I might get a bigger one than I have. But then what do I do
> with this one?

I don't want a giant TV the masters find any place that have an warm spot
to relax all day. I went to a flat screen monitor to keep them off of it
since the fur burned the other one up. I am constantly cleaning the cable
box out so we won't have a meltdown

Cat Psychologist
January 9th 07, 03:01 AM
Matthew wrote:

> I don't want a giant TV the masters find any place that have an warm spot
> to relax all day. I went to a flat screen monitor to keep them off of it
> since the fur burned the other one up. I am constantly cleaning the cable
> box out so we won't have a meltdown

hell, if I had the money, I'd get a brush that attatches to a vaccum

one with a long hose.. that way the motor is in the other room

do you have central vac? you just need to duct tape a good brush to
your hose

Matthew
January 9th 07, 08:04 AM
I can see what you would do with something that had a good suck to it that
stretched from one room to another ;-)

"Cat Psychologist" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>
>> I don't want a giant TV the masters find any place that have an warm
>> spot
>> to relax all day. I went to a flat screen monitor to keep them off of it
>> since the fur burned the other one up. I am constantly cleaning the
>> cable
>> box out so we won't have a meltdown
>
> hell, if I had the money, I'd get a brush that attatches to a vaccum
>
> one with a long hose.. that way the motor is in the other room
>
> do you have central vac? you just need to duct tape a good brush to
> your hose

jmc
January 9th 07, 09:00 AM
Suddenly, without warning, kraut exclaimed (09-Jan-07 12:31 AM):
>>> You can get something to watch it on your computer that removes the region
>>> block on it
>>>
>>> http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html
>>>

>> Yes, thanks, but I want it on the TV. I'll look around.
>
> I could never understand why someone would want to watch movies on a
> computer when you can pop it in the VCR or DVD player and watch it on
> the tele.

Because my monitor is a brand-new 21" LCD and my TV is a crappy 19" CRT?

:)

jmc

dgk
January 9th 07, 01:45 PM
On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:30:15 +0930, jmc
> wrote:

>Suddenly, without warning, kraut exclaimed (09-Jan-07 12:31 AM):

>>> Yes, thanks, but I want it on the TV. I'll look around.
>>
>> I could never understand why someone would want to watch movies on a
>> computer when you can pop it in the VCR or DVD player and watch it on
>> the tele.
>>

>Because my monitor is a brand-new 21" LCD and my TV is a crappy 19" CRT?
>
>:)
>
>jmc

Yes, that would do it.

honeybunch
January 10th 07, 02:25 AM
this is just a test. I tried to post a message but it hasnt appeared.
I wanted to see if I could answer a message. any ideas why my post
hasnt shown up?

addicted wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
> > The Goshawk snatched up baby Blossom and carried her off ... presumably to
> > rip her to pieces.
> >
> > (@) (@)
> >
> > ^^^^^
>
> babe, that is sooo ****ing cute of you to post this
>
> im sorry you had to see that, lol
>
> I was thinking about your post here.
> I figure it is good for children to watch. If they are old enough to
> understand what you saw, then they are ready to learn about the circle
> of life.
>
> your little mouth was too cute telling it.

honeybunch
January 10th 07, 02:41 AM

addicted wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
> > The Goshawk snatched up baby Blossom and carried her off ... presumably to
> > rip her to pieces.
> >
> > (@) (@)
> >
> > ^^^^^
>
> babe, that is sooo ****ing cute of you to post this
>
> im sorry you had to see that, lol
>
> I was thinking about your post here.
> I figure it is good for children to watch. If they are old enough to
> understand what you saw, then they are ready to learn about the circle
> of life.
>
> your little mouth was too cute telling it.

Cat Psychologist
January 10th 07, 05:47 AM
Matthew wrote:
> I can see what you would do with something that had a good suck to it that
> stretched from one room to another ;-)

go ahead and try it Matt, LOOK YA'LL NO HANDS! R O O M T O R O O M!

call us from the e.r. when they are surgicaly removing the hose

A friend of mine is an e.r. doctor, he said a dude came in with a door
knob stuck in his mouth

another, with a light bulb stuck

Cat Psychologist
January 10th 07, 05:57 AM
Matthew wrote:
> I can see what you would do with something that had a good suck to it that
> stretched from one room to another ;-)

oh hell! this old box, I forgot

it's pretty cold out tonight, I wanted to bring the kittens into the
living room where my new wood stove is...

I went loooking for them, couldn't find them no where...
I said to myself, "I bet they are in that little box I cut a kitten
hole in"...
sho nuff! they were all huddled up in that little box... that's when I
transferred the kittens into the living room

hoff topic, here's what bookie does.. DINKNDINK dont laugh!

she sets down and starts typing, and just types one long ass line...
or.. it's like a crow eating corn, cha chinnnnnnnnnnng

thank heavens most news readers will word wrap by force majore

Matthew
January 10th 07, 04:13 PM
"Cat Psychologist" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>> I can see what you would do with something that had a good suck to it
>> that
>> stretched from one room to another ;-)
>
> go ahead and try it Matt, LOOK YA'LL NO HANDS! R O O M T O R O O M!
>
> call us from the e.r. when they are surgicaly removing the hose
>
> A friend of mine is an e.r. doctor, he said a dude came in with a door
> knob stuck in his mouth
>
> another, with a light bulb stuck

ROFLMAO