PDA

View Full Version : Humans, places, cats + other pets - General

David Stevenson
December 23rd 06, 09:00 PM
Humans, places, cats + other pets - General

I started providing services to rec.pets.cats many years ago before it
split, and have continued to do so ever since. However, sadly, I am not
going to continue.

My time on the internet needs to be cut down somewhat, but in fact has
increased because I look after a Bridge Laws forum as well as all the
newsgroups I read.

Furthermore, it seems less suitable nowadays: my lists of animals and
their humans seem of less interest. Sadly, my Welcome! emails will also
cease. For anyone who has not read one, I shall also post one here now.

I shall be posting my general articles for the last time now. The
list of people and pets will be updated one more time, so any
adjustments must reach me before the end of January: after that, no more
changes! It will remain on my Catpage as a memory to several years of
people and pets.

At the same time, at the end of this month, I shall stop reading all
the Cat newsgroups except my favourite: you will still see me on
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes!

Finally, my Catpage and Storypage will remain: sometime I must update
the latter: I have at least 600 stories to add! Please note that if you
want to access my Catpage or write emails to me you must read and act on
the last line of the sig: I am fighting 6000 emails a day, and will
reduce that number considerably sometime next year when blakjak.com
switches off.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK > Emails welcome

Outsider
December 23rd 06, 11:40 PM
David Stevenson > wrote in
:

> Humans, places, cats + other pets - General
>

> I started providing services to rec.pets.cats many years ago before
> it
> split, and have continued to do so ever since. However, sadly, I am
> not going to continue.
>
> My time on the internet needs to be cut down somewhat, but in fact
> has
> increased because I look after a Bridge Laws forum as well as all the
> newsgroups I read.
>
> Furthermore, it seems less suitable nowadays: my lists of animals
> and
> their humans seem of less interest. Sadly, my Welcome! emails will
> also cease. For anyone who has not read one, I shall also post one
> here now.
>
> I shall be posting my general articles for the last time now. The
> list of people and pets will be updated one more time, so any
> adjustments must reach me before the end of January: after that, no
> more changes! It will remain on my Catpage as a memory to several
> years of people and pets.
>
> At the same time, at the end of this month, I shall stop reading
> all
> the Cat newsgroups except my favourite: you will still see me on
> rec.pets.cats.anecdotes!
>
> Finally, my Catpage and Storypage will remain: sometime I must
> update
> the latter: I have at least 600 stories to add! Please note that if
> you want to access my Catpage or write emails to me you must read and
> act on the last line of the sig: I am fighting 6000 emails a day, and
> will reduce that number considerably sometime next year when
> blakjak.com switches off.

For me things were never really the same after the split but I kept my
ear in here and on rare occasion my voice. Your presence goes back to my
early memories of r.p.c.*. I hope everything is ok for you; I can't even
guess how many people you helped along the years.

best to you,

Andy

David Stevenson
December 24th 06, 01:31 AM
Outsider wrote
>For me things were never really the same after the split but I kept my
>ear in here and on rare occasion my voice. Your presence goes back to my
>early memories of r.p.c.*. I hope everything is ok for you; I can't even
>guess how many people you helped along the years.

Thanks!

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK > Emails welcome
Nanki Poo: SI O+W B 12 Y L+ W++ C+ I T+ A- E H++ V- F Q P+ B+ PA+ PL SC
Minke: SI W+Cp B 3 Y L W+ C++ I T A- E H++ V++ F- Q- P B PA+ PL+ SC-
Substitute .org for .com else URLs/eddresses will fail after 2007

CatNipped
December 25th 06, 04:34 PM
"David Stevenson" > wrote in message

> Humans, places, cats + other pets - General
>

> I started providing services to rec.pets.cats many years ago before it
> split, and have continued to do so ever since. However, sadly, I am not
> going to continue.
>
> My time on the internet needs to be cut down somewhat, but in fact has
> increased because I look after a Bridge Laws forum as well as all the
> newsgroups I read.
>
> Furthermore, it seems less suitable nowadays: my lists of animals and
> their humans seem of less interest. Sadly, my Welcome! emails will also
> cease. For anyone who has not read one, I shall also post one here now.
>
> I shall be posting my general articles for the last time now. The list
> of people and pets will be updated one more time, so any adjustments must
> reach me before the end of January: after that, no more changes! It will
> remain on my Catpage as a memory to several years of people and pets.
>
> At the same time, at the end of this month, I shall stop reading all the
> Cat newsgroups except my favourite: you will still see me on
> rec.pets.cats.anecdotes!
>
> Finally, my Catpage and Storypage will remain: sometime I must update
> the latter: I have at least 600 stories to add! Please note that if you
> want to access my Catpage or write emails to me you must read and act on
> the last line of the sig: I am fighting 6000 emails a day, and will reduce
> that number considerably sometime next year when blakjak.com switches off.
>
> --
> David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
> Liverpool, England, UK > Emails welcome
> Nanki Poo: SI O+W B 12 Y L+ W++ C+ I T+ A- E H++ V- F Q P+ B+ PA+ PL SC
> Minke: SI W+Cp B 3 Y L W+ C++ I T A- E H++ V++ F- Q- P B PA+ PL+ SC-
> Substitute .org for .com else URLs/eddresses will fail after 2007

David - you are and always were one of the constants of rec.pets.cats - I
remember you since before the split! I'm glad you'll still be on
anecdotes - I don't blame you for discontinuing the other cat groups, they
can be a bit hard to take sometimes.

Hugs,

CatNipped

addicted
December 25th 06, 09:15 PM
CatNipped wrote:

> David - you are and always were one of the constants of rec.pets.cats - I
> remember you since before the split! I'm glad you'll still be on
> anecdotes - I don't blame you for discontinuing the other cat groups, they
> can be a bit hard to take sometimes.
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

how does this work? just add your cats name to his list?

when the cat dies, does he remove it from the list?

It sure is a long list

what is the list used for?

CatNipped
December 25th 06, 09:57 PM
"addicted" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> CatNipped wrote:
>
>> David - you are and always were one of the constants of rec.pets.cats - I
>> remember you since before the split! I'm glad you'll still be on
>> anecdotes - I don't blame you for discontinuing the other cat groups,
>> they
>> can be a bit hard to take sometimes.
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>
> how does this work? just add your cats name to his list?
>
> when the cat dies, does he remove it from the list?
>
> It sure is a long list
>
> what is the list used for?

When your cat passes away there will be an "RB" placed next to his/her name
(for Rainbow Bridge - a poem that's been around a long time, David has a
copy of it on his site). The list is just a chronicle of all the cats who
own/have owned various and sundry posters on the cats newsgroups - and a
remembrance of the ones who have crossed the Bridge.

Hugs,

CatNipped

David Stevenson
December 25th 06, 11:34 PM
addicted wrote
>CatNipped wrote:
>
>> David - you are and always were one of the constants of rec.pets.cats - I
>> remember you since before the split! I'm glad you'll still be on
>> anecdotes - I don't blame you for discontinuing the other cat groups, they
>> can be a bit hard to take sometimes.

>how does this work? just add your cats name to his list?
>
>when the cat dies, does he remove it from the list?
>
>It sure is a long list
>
>what is the list used for?

People just give me information: when they do I add them to the list
or correct the list. However, the list at the end of January will be
final.

It is used for anything people wish ot use it for. People like ot
know where other people post from and their pets' names.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK > Emails welcome
Nanki Poo: SI O+W B 12 Y L+ W++ C+ I T+ A- E H++ V- F Q P+ B+ PA+ PL SC
Minke: SI W+Cp B 3 Y L W+ C++ I T A- E H++ V++ F- Q- P B PA+ PL+ SC-
Substitute .org for .com else URLs/eddresses will fail after 2007

addicted
December 26th 06, 01:43 AM
David Stevenson wrote:

> At the same time, at the end of this month, I shall stop reading all
> the Cat newsgroups except my favourite: you will still see me on
> rec.pets.cats.anecdotes!

yeah, Im sure you will pal!

you just stopped by to tell us you won't be stopping by no more

SOMEBODY HOLD ME BACK

it's ok, maybe you don't own any cats David, or you somehow feel the
cumalitve cat experience here no longer suits your needs?

but I still want on the list

bigbadbarry - has 3 cats

Ruprecht - Male, super large tabby
Lucy - Female, large tabby, recovered from a broken shin
Jupiter - Bl female, just gave birth to 7 more planets HALLELUJAH! IM A
DADDY

I have noted your fondness of pussy

it sounds like you would be hard to replace; maybe someone wants the
mantle?
sometimes things just come to an end

> Finally, my Catpage and Storypage will remain: sometime I must update
> the latter: I have at least 600 stories to add! Please note that if you
> want to access my Catpage or write emails to me you must read and act on
> the last line of the sig: I am fighting 6000 emails a day, and will
> reduce that number considerably sometime next year when blakjak.com
> switches off.
>
> --
> David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
> Liverpool, England, UK > Emails welcome
> Nanki Poo: SI O+W B 12 Y L+ W++ C+ I T+ A- E H++ V- F Q P+ B+ PA+ PL SC
> Minke: SI W+Cp B 3 Y L W+ C++ I T A- E H++ V++ F- Q- P B PA+ PL+ SC-
> Substitute .org for .com else URLs/eddresses will fail after 2007

addicted
December 26th 06, 01:47 AM
addicted wrote:

ooops I forget their ages

bigbadbarry / owner

> Ruprecht - 10 yrs Male, super large tabby
> Lucy - 7 yrs Female, large tabby, recovered from a broken shin
> Jupiter - 1 yr Black female,

cool deal, thanks

FurrsomeThreesome
December 29th 06, 03:39 PM
David,

Your efforts over the years have been noted and appreciated. I'm
sorry we didn't say so more often - it's a harsh task. Kinda like
working in IT - nobody knows you're there until they perceive
something's going wrong, then of course it's YOUR problem, right?

I think with Usenet coming to be eclipsed by all kinds of boards,
blogs, web chats, etc, and a generation of readership that now doesn't
even know the difference, our community has declined. Such is the way.
I really only get into rpcc once a week or so, sometimes less, and
..anecdotes very occasionally.

We'll see ya round - all the best, and again thanks for all the efforts
over the years.

Johanna ("meowmie" to Sprout!, Maui, Blue, Lenny (RB), Lucy(RB), and
of course her Ladyship of Toes, Panda (RB) )

David Stevenson wrote:
> Humans, places, cats + other pets - General
>

> I started providing services to rec.pets.cats many years ago before it
> split, and have continued to do so ever since. However, sadly, I am not
> going to continue.
>
> My time on the internet needs to be cut down somewhat, but in fact has
> increased because I look after a Bridge Laws forum as well as all the
> newsgroups I read.
>
> Furthermore, it seems less suitable nowadays: my lists of animals and
> their humans seem of less interest. Sadly, my Welcome! emails will also
> cease. For anyone who has not read one, I shall also post one here now.
>
> I shall be posting my general articles for the last time now. The
> list of people and pets will be updated one more time, so any
> adjustments must reach me before the end of January: after that, no more
> changes! It will remain on my Catpage as a memory to several years of
> people and pets.
>
> At the same time, at the end of this month, I shall stop reading all
> the Cat newsgroups except my favourite: you will still see me on
> rec.pets.cats.anecdotes!
>
> Finally, my Catpage and Storypage will remain: sometime I must update
> the latter: I have at least 600 stories to add! Please note that if you
> want to access my Catpage or write emails to me you must read and act on
> the last line of the sig: I am fighting 6000 emails a day, and will
> reduce that number considerably sometime next year when blakjak.com
> switches off.
>
> --
> David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
> Liverpool, England, UK > Emails welcome
> Nanki Poo: SI O+W B 12 Y L+ W++ C+ I T+ A- E H++ V- F Q P+ B+ PA+ PL SC
> Minke: SI W+Cp B 3 Y L W+ C++ I T A- E H++ V++ F- Q- P B PA+ PL+ SC-
> Substitute .org for .com else URLs/eddresses will fail after 2007

David Stevenson
January 1st 07, 12:58 AM
FurrsomeThreesome wrote
>David,
>
>Your efforts over the years have been noted and appreciated. I'm
>sorry we didn't say so more often - it's a harsh task. Kinda like
>working in IT - nobody knows you're there until they perceive
>something's going wrong, then of course it's YOUR problem, right?
>
>I think with Usenet coming to be eclipsed by all kinds of boards,
>blogs, web chats, etc, and a generation of readership that now doesn't
>even know the difference, our community has declined. Such is the way.
> I really only get into rpcc once a week or so, sometimes less, and
>.anecdotes very occasionally.
>
>We'll see ya round - all the best, and again thanks for all the efforts
>over the years.

Thanks very much.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK > Emails welcome
Nanki Poo: SI O+W B 12 Y L+ W++ C+ I T+ A- E H++ V- F Q P+ B+ PA+ PL SC
Minke: SI W+Cp B 3 Y L W+ C++ I T A- E H++ V++ F- Q- P B PA+ PL+ SC-
Substitute .org for .com else URLs/eddresses will fail after 2007

David Stevenson
February 10th 07, 11:56 PM
[...]

Substitute .org for .com else URLs/eddresses will fail this year