PDA

View Full Version : Did you get your cat something for Christmas?

stonej
December 28th 06, 02:50 PM
We got our three cats some kittie toys and feathers on a stick (we call
them stick birdies). :)

Matthew
December 28th 06, 04:15 PM
Heck mine had their own tree ;-)
"stonej" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> We got our three cats some kittie toys and feathers on a stick (we call
> them stick birdies). :)

December 28th 06, 04:44 PM
barb wrote:
> The feather on a stick was the big winner at my house. A new burlap bag
> with catnip which is always appreciated and Santa was very jovial this year
> and came up with a decent bag full of goodies. There is already a box full
> of cat toys unused by cats who had aged out of the toy stage. My 4 year old
> can always pull toys out of there but she rarely does. Mainly I get
> constantly bugged to play with "Mousie" on a stick or now "Birdie" on a
> stick. These are interactive and can't be left with an unsupervised cat
> because of the strings.
>
> Have fun!
> Barb
> Of course I don't look busy,
> I did it right the first time.

Our cats love "Da Bird". It's about the only toy they really get
excited about. That, and their turbo scratcher. They just don't go for
toys anymore much. I got them a "Zoom Groom" brush for Christmas. I
figured anything else was just a waste. I gathered up a box of toys and
took to the shelter that hadn't even been LOOKED at.

Sherry

---MIKE---
December 28th 06, 05:29 PM
Tiger enjoys "da bird" but he is too rough with it. Once he catches it
he starts to tear it apart. One bird only lasts for about three
sessions. Amber has very little interest in it.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

barb
December 28th 06, 05:32 PM
The feather on a stick was the big winner at my house. A new burlap bag
with catnip which is always appreciated and Santa was very jovial this year
and came up with a decent bag full of goodies. There is already a box full
of cat toys unused by cats who had aged out of the toy stage. My 4 year old
can always pull toys out of there but she rarely does. Mainly I get
constantly bugged to play with "Mousie" on a stick or now "Birdie" on a
stick. These are interactive and can't be left with an unsupervised cat
because of the strings.

Have fun!
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

cybercat
December 28th 06, 05:53 PM
"stonej" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> We got our three cats some kittie toys and feathers on a stick (we call
> them stick birdies). :)

Fatcat christmas mousies! Temptations dairy and chicken flavor!

Sparks
December 29th 06, 01:34 AM
"stonej" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> We got our three cats some kittie toys and feathers on a stick (we call
> them stick birdies). :)

My two got one of these!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180064883801

They weren't too sure about it at first, but seem to like it now!

Outsider
December 29th 06, 02:49 AM
"barb" > wrote in
:

> The feather on a stick was the big winner at my house. A new burlap
> bag with catnip which is always appreciated and Santa was very jovial
> this year and came up with a decent bag full of goodies. There is
> already a box full of cat toys unused by cats who had aged out of the
> toy stage. My 4 year old can always pull toys out of there but she
> rarely does. Mainly I get constantly bugged to play with "Mousie" on
> a stick or now "Birdie" on a stick. These are interactive and can't
> be left with an unsupervised cat because of the strings.
>
> Have fun!
> Barb
> Of course I don't look busy,
> I did it right the first time.

I have the week off each year so Zak gets ME for a week! What more could
he want? :)

Also, my niece would buy him a package of beef jerkey each year but she was
not sure she should him being CRF.

Andy

bookie
December 30th 06, 02:16 AM
stonej wrote:
> We got our three cats some kittie toys and feathers on a stick (we call
> them stick birdies). :)

bought it yesterday with some money my mum sent me for xmas; a
scratching post/activity thing with toys attached, jessie loves rolling
around on the base and rubbing herself against one of the attached
dangly toys, she is really affected by catnip so there must be some in
it.

if i had more money (or if i get a decent job inthe new year) I would
get her a taller one with platform and the like, but then she is not an
indoor cat and she has the run of the garden and the trees and tables
out there to clamber on whenever she wants so not sure how much she
woudl appreciate it. I just want to 'enrich' her environment indoors a
bit more, starting to feel like a guilty mum or something, lieke one of
those sad parents who buys their kids educational toys rather than
talking to them and interacting with them properly.

are cat gyms just for indoor cats? would it be worth getting one for a
cat who goes outside?

and she got a whole half turkey of cold roast turkey meat cos noone
else who went to lunch at my aunts on christmas day wanted to take it
home and my aunt certainly didn't want to be eating cold turkey
sandwiches until january, so me and jessie had it. Since I am
vegetarian that means jessie had it all to herself, finished it already
greedy lttle madam

Bookie