PDA

View Full Version : kitty pregnant???

shermyandmolly
January 3rd 07, 01:33 AM
Ok, I have been trying to figure out if my cat is pregnant. I have been
researching and seen that the first sign is pink nipples but her nipples
don't appear to be any pinker. My cat has had puking incidents, for about a
week or so.. nothing major though and i'm pretty sure her belly is getting
bigger. It is also tight too. So what do you guys think, pregnant or not? And
if yes what do i do? I've never had a pregnant cat before, lets just say this
is a surprise lol.

Lynne
January 3rd 07, 02:17 AM
on Wed, 03 Jan 2007 00:33:56 GMT, "shermyandmolly" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ok, I have been trying to figure out if my cat is pregnant. I have
> been researching and seen that the first sign is pink nipples but her
> nipples don't appear to be any pinker. My cat has had puking
> incidents, for about a week or so.. nothing major though and i'm
> pretty sure her belly is getting bigger. It is also tight too. So what
> do you guys think, pregnant or not? And if yes what do i do? I've
> never had a pregnant cat before, lets just say this is a surprise lol.

how long have you had this cat? Do you know for a fact that she was
outside when in heat, or otherwise in contact with a male? I ask because
what you describe could also be symptoms of a blockage or other intestinal
problem, and could be quite serious.

What does her vomit look like? Undigested or partially undigested food?
Bile? What color? These are important.

In any case, you should get her to the vet post haste.

--
Lynne

clb1265
January 3rd 07, 02:24 AM
And if she isn't pregnant, do the responsible thing and get her fixed.

Lynne
January 3rd 07, 02:30 AM
on Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:24:01 GMT, "clb1265" > wrote:

> And if she isn't pregnant, do the responsible thing and get her fixed.

Hell, do it if she is. Kitty abortions are very controversial, but when I
think of all the hundreds (thousands?) of unwanted kittens that will come
from her and/or her offspring, I'm willing to put aside any and all moral
objections to the idea.

--
Lynne

shermyandmolly
January 3rd 07, 02:32 AM
Lynne wrote:
>> Ok, I have been trying to figure out if my cat is pregnant. I have
>> been researching and seen that the first sign is pink nipples but her
>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>> do you guys think, pregnant or not? And if yes what do i do? I've
>> never had a pregnant cat before, lets just say this is a surprise lol.
>
>how long have you had this cat? Do you know for a fact that she was
>outside when in heat, or otherwise in contact with a male? I ask because
>what you describe could also be symptoms of a blockage or other intestinal
>problem, and could be quite serious.
>
>What does her vomit look like? Undigested or partially undigested food?
>Bile? What color? These are important.
>
>In any case, you should get her to the vet post haste.
--------------------------------------

I have had her since she was 6-8 weeks and she is now about 9-10 months
Ummm i do not know for sure if she was in heat but she i also have a male cat
who is not fixed.
The vomit was just food and it was partially digested, there was no bile just
food. The color was orange but her food was meow mix which is orange/brown. I
have switched her food to one that the first ingredient is meat.

cybercat
January 3rd 07, 02:37 AM
> Ummm i do not know for sure if she was in heat but she i also have a male
> cat
> who is not fixed.

Idiot.

Lynne
January 3rd 07, 02:38 AM
on Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:32:38 GMT, "shermyandmolly" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have had her since she was 6-8 weeks and she is now about 9-10
> months Ummm i do not know for sure if she was in heat but she i also
> have a male cat who is not fixed.
> The vomit was just food and it was partially digested, there was no
> bile just food. The color was orange but her food was meow mix which
> is orange/brown. I have switched her food to one that the first
> ingredient is meat.

You need to get both cats fixed. ASAP. Even if the female is pregnant,
she can have a hysterectomy. If you are morally opposed to this idea,
consider it anyway. And if you still can't do it, please be prepared to
take responsibility for the kittens for their entire lives. IOW, if you
give them or sell them to someone, make sure they are spayed/neutered first
and tell the people you will take them back if they have to give them up
for any reason, at anytime, for their entire lives in order to ensure they
don't end up in shelters or abandoned and left to fend for themselves. If
that thought terrifies you, consider the first option I listed above.

There are way too many kittens in this world. You have a choice right now
not to bring anymore into it, or to at least make sure it stops with this
litter.

The vomiting needs to be checked out if she's been doing it for a week,
especially since her belly is hard. She's probably knocked up, but it
could be something dangerous.

Oh, and please don't let your intact cats outside. Good luck!!

--
Lynne

January 3rd 07, 02:46 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
. 97.142...
> on Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:32:38 GMT, "shermyandmolly" <[email protected]> wrote:

It's another one of those @uwe things, are these people all
idiots and/or trolls?

Lynne
January 3rd 07, 02:52 AM
on Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:46:05 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> It's another one of those @uwe things, are these people all
> idiots and/or trolls?

yikes. Trolled again??

--
gullible Lynne

January 3rd 07, 02:56 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
. 97.142...
> on Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:46:05 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> It's another one of those @uwe things, are these people all
>> idiots and/or trolls?
>
> yikes. Trolled again??

What is weird is, every time one of these @uwe morons posts, it is
their only post to usenet. The numbers in the prefix are always different.
And--the prefix is always numbers.

But, yeah, there are no cats.

cybercat
January 3rd 07, 02:58 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
. 97.142...
> on Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:46:05 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> It's another one of those @uwe things, are these people all
>> idiots and/or trolls?
>
> yikes. Trolled again??

hahahaha!

http://uwe.com/

It's University of Wisconsin.

cybercat
January 3rd 07, 03:09 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> . 97.142...
>> on Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:46:05 GMT, "cybercat" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It's another one of those @uwe things, are these people all
>>> idiots and/or trolls?
>>
>> yikes. Trolled again??
>>
> hahahaha!
>
> http://uwe.com/
>
> It's University of Wisconsin.

No it isn't, as second glance. I can't tell what the hell it is.

Lynne
January 3rd 07, 03:17 AM
on Wed, 03 Jan 2007 02:09:32 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Lynne" > wrote in message
>> . 97.142...
>>> on Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:46:05 GMT, "cybercat" >

>>> yikes. Trolled again??
>>>
>> hahahaha!
>>
>> http://uwe.com/
>>
>> It's University of Wisconsin.
>
> No it isn't, as second glance. I can't tell what the hell it is.

It's through a website of some kind I think, CatKB.com?

--
Lynne

Cheryl
January 3rd 07, 03:22 AM
On Tue 02 Jan 2007 08:30:58p, Lynne wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
. 97.142>:

> Hell, do it if she is. Kitty abortions are very controversial,
> but when I think of all the hundreds (thousands?) of unwanted
> kittens that will come from her and/or her offspring, I'm
> willing to put aside any and all moral objections to the idea.

Hello, thank you! So many people here are squeamish or get all moral
about this topic, but I agree with you. Cats will not care if they
lose a litter to abortion. If they do realize they are suddenly not
pregnant, they will not likely go into a depression like humans will.
People keep posting that they will, and that they know. No, people,
they don't.

Do the right thing, Shermy and Molly. If you think your cat might be
pregnant, she either isn't spayed and could have had contact with a
tom, or you don't know the answer to either. Vet visit for spaying is
in order.

--
Cheryl

Cheryl
January 3rd 07, 03:28 AM
On Tue 02 Jan 2007 09:17:34p, Lynne wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
. 97.142>:

>> No it isn't, as second glance. I can't tell what the hell it is.
>
> It's through a website of some kind I think, CatKB.com?

Yes, they are all from-addresses from catKB.com. They used to all
use a NNTP-Posting-Host header from the same IP address, and they
fixed that. But now the from email headers are all @uwe addresses.

--
Cheryl

Matthew
January 3rd 07, 03:32 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> . 97.142...
>> on Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:32:38 GMT, "shermyandmolly" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

> It's another one of those @uwe things, are these people all
> idiots and/or trolls?

You notice that the big problems one always come from www.CatKB.com
Not saying there is not a problem but any one else see the pattern I am
talking about

Matthew
January 3rd 07, 03:45 AM
Actually it is http://www.catkb.com/
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> . 97.142...
>> on Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:46:05 GMT, "cybercat" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It's another one of those @uwe things, are these people all
>>> idiots and/or trolls?
>>
>> yikes. Trolled again??
>>
> hahahaha!
>
> http://uwe.com/
>
> It's University of Wisconsin.

Rhonda
January 3rd 07, 05:32 AM
shermyandmolly wrote:

> I have had her since she was 6-8 weeks and she is now about 9-10 months
> Ummm i do not know for sure if she was in heat but she i also have a male cat
> who is not fixed.

You have got to be kidding. Of COURSE she is pregnant.

Take her in immediately to be fixed. The vet can estimate how far long
she is. If she's not far along, I'd have her fixed right away. If she's
close to delivery -- you have to make a choice. You have to decide if
you can keep up to 6-7 kittens or at least pay to have all of their
shots, Felv tests, wormings, and have them fixed. It will be very
expensive, but all has to be done.

By the way, after she has the litter, she will go into heat again (while
the kittens are still pretty small) and she will get pregnant again
right away. Have the boy fixed too, but I believe they are still potent
for a month or so afterwards. Ask the vet.

You may have to separate them for quite some time.

Rhonda

Wendy
January 3rd 07, 01:01 PM
Real simple. Take the cat to the vet. Tell them about the vomiting and have
them check the cat out. Take a fecal sample so the vet can check that. The
vomiting could be as a result of worms. Even if you've previously wormed
this girl she could have gotten them again if she's inside/outside (which I
assume she is or you wouldn't be worried about her being pregnant). While
you are in the office make arrangements to get the cat spayed ASAP.

"shermyandmolly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Ok, I have been trying to figure out if my cat is pregnant. I have been
> researching and seen that the first sign is pink nipples but her nipples
> don't appear to be any pinker. My cat has had puking incidents, for about
> week or so.. nothing major though and i'm pretty sure her belly is getting
> bigger. It is also tight too. So what do you guys think, pregnant or not?
> And
> if yes what do i do? I've never had a pregnant cat before, lets just say
> this
> is a surprise lol.

Wendy
January 3rd 07, 01:10 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
. 97.142...
> on Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:46:05 GMT, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
>> It's another one of those @uwe things, are these people all
>> idiots and/or trolls?
>
> yikes. Trolled again??
>
> --
> gullible Lynne
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/what.the.hell.is.it/

Rather be trolled than have one more ... two more in this case un-speutered
cats out there reproducing.

dgk
January 3rd 07, 02:14 PM
On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 00:33:56 GMT, "shermyandmolly" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Ok, I have been trying to figure out if my cat is pregnant. I have been
>researching and seen that the first sign is pink nipples but her nipples
>don't appear to be any pinker. My cat has had puking incidents, for about a
>week or so.. nothing major though and i'm pretty sure her belly is getting
>bigger. It is also tight too. So what do you guys think, pregnant or not? And
>if yes what do i do? I've never had a pregnant cat before, lets just say this
>is a surprise lol.

Well, I'm sorry to have to do this but all the serious answers have
already been posted.

Is she asking for pickles?

mlbriggs
January 4th 07, 02:18 AM
On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 00:33:56 +0000, shermyandmolly wrote:

> Ok, I have been trying to figure out if my cat is pregnant. I have been
> researching and seen that the first sign is pink nipples but her nipples
> don't appear to be any pinker. My cat has had puking incidents, for about a
> week or so.. nothing major though and i'm pretty sure her belly is getting
> bigger. It is also tight too. So what do you guys think, pregnant or not? And
> if yes what do i do? I've never had a pregnant cat before, lets just say this
> is a surprise lol.

Consider this: If she is an unspayed female who meets an intact tom she
sI pregnant.

mariib via CatKB.com
January 4th 07, 07:16 AM
Matthew wrote:
>> It's another one of those @uwe things, are these people all
>> idiots and/or trolls?
>
>You notice that the big problems one always come from www.CatKB.com
>Not saying there is not a problem but any one else see the pattern I am
>talking about

?? Matthew - give me a break! I'm legit, love my cats, not a troll, usually
lurk & don't post very often. And when I do post I post through CatKB because
I don't know any other way to post without my email standing out there & I
want to preserve my privacy. There's a lots of trollers, sure, but most are
genuine. Take a look at my cats on www.webshots.com - search under mariib
M.

Matthew
January 4th 07, 10:16 AM
"mariib via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Matthew wrote:
>>> It's another one of those @uwe things, are these people all
>>> idiots and/or trolls?
>>
>>You notice that the big problems one always come from Not saying there is
>>not a problem
>>Not saying there is not a problem but any one else see the pattern I am
>>talking about
>
> ?? Matthew - give me a break! I'm legit, love my cats, not a troll,
> usually
> lurk & don't post very often. And when I do post I post through CatKB
> because
> I don't know any other way to post without my email standing out there & I
> want to preserve my privacy. There's a lots of trollers, sure, but most
> are
> genuine. Take a look at my cats on www.webshots.com - search under mariib
> M.

Actually it was not anything against you if you read what I wrote. That is
why I said "Not saying there is not a problem "
I will apologize if it was miss read but when we get these OMG problems
they usually come from CatKB and almost always turn out to be trolls