PDA

View Full Version : Another Kitten Update

Lady J USA
January 7th 07, 02:50 AM
Well the kitten is no longer bleeding in his stool however he still has
potty issues.
I did notice that his butt was deformed, and his butt bleeds. Talked
with the local humane society and they suggested it may be Manx
Sydrome, which is a birth deformority caused by the fact he has such a
stubby tail. I did a bit of research and I belive that if this is the
case I think it may of caused spina bifida which would explain his
potty issues. I do plan on taking him in monday to the vet.

I also have to take one of my other cats in becuase today I noticed
that he may have a nasty tick on his left hip which is eating a hole in
him. *sigh* I just hope my cats get better I hate seeing them suffer.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/browse_thread/thread/160ee7bbb3765a40/9f47c251aed20f3c#9f47c251aed20f3c

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/browse_thread/thread/71ef5646b2f3e393/387f941ec1b1bfd6#387f941ec1b1bfd6

Rhonda
January 7th 07, 03:01 AM
I'm glad he's still around.

He really does need a good vet check. I can't believe your vet wouldn't
do anything. Do he/she even suggest checking for worms? He could also
take an x-ray to see what's going on.

Sounds like you found another vet, I'm glad you're taking him in.

Good luck with Christmas kitty,

Rhonda

Lady J USA wrote:
> Well the kitten is no longer bleeding in his stool however he still has
> potty issues.
> I did notice that his butt was deformed, and his butt bleeds. Talked
> with the local humane society and they suggested it may be Manx
> Sydrome, which is a birth deformority caused by the fact he has such a
> stubby tail. I did a bit of research and I belive that if this is the
> case I think it may of caused spina bifida which would explain his
> potty issues. I do plan on taking him in monday to the vet.
>
> I also have to take one of my other cats in becuase today I noticed
> that he may have a nasty tick on his left hip which is eating a hole in
> him. *sigh* I just hope my cats get better I hate seeing them suffer.

> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/browse_thread/thread/160ee7bbb3765a40/9f47c251aed20f3c#9f47c251aed20f3c
>

> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/browse_thread/thread/71ef5646b2f3e393/387f941ec1b1bfd6#387f941ec1b1bfd6

Lady J USA
January 7th 07, 03:17 AM
Rhonda wrote:
> I'm glad he's still around.
>
> He really does need a good vet check. I can't believe your vet wouldn't
> do anything. Do he/she even suggest checking for worms? He could also
> take an x-ray to see what's going on.
>
> Sounds like you found another vet, I'm glad you're taking him in.
>
> Good luck with Christmas kitty,
>
> Rhonda
>
> Lady J USA wrote:
> > Well the kitten is no longer bleeding in his stool however he still has
> > potty issues.
> > I did notice that his butt was deformed, and his butt bleeds. Talked
> > with the local humane society and they suggested it may be Manx
> > Sydrome, which is a birth deformority caused by the fact he has such a
> > stubby tail. I did a bit of research and I belive that if this is the
> > case I think it may of caused spina bifida which would explain his
> > potty issues. I do plan on taking him in monday to the vet.
> >
> > I also have to take one of my other cats in becuase today I noticed
> > that he may have a nasty tick on his left hip which is eating a hole in
> > him. *sigh* I just hope my cats get better I hate seeing them suffer.

> > http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/browse_thread/thread/160ee7bbb3765a40/9f47c251aed20f3c#9f47c251aed20f3c
> >

> > http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/browse_thread/thread/71ef5646b2f3e393/387f941ec1b1bfd6#387f941ec1b1bfd6

Yes, this is soposed to be a very good vet a good friend of mine used
to take their dog there and suggested them. Even the humane society
says the vet is good.

Lynne
January 7th 07, 03:39 AM
on Sun, 07 Jan 2007 02:50:06 GMT, "Lady J USA" >
wrote:

> Well the kitten is no longer bleeding in his stool however he still has
> potty issues.
> I did notice that his butt was deformed, and his butt bleeds. Talked
> with the local humane society and they suggested it may be Manx
> Sydrome, which is a birth deformority caused by the fact he has such a
> stubby tail. I did a bit of research and I belive that if this is the
> case I think it may of caused spina bifida which would explain his
> potty issues. I do plan on taking him in monday to the vet.

Oh, poor thing. I had a Manx who had just a little tuft of fur and no
tail at all. He struggled to defacate cleanly, especially late in his
life, so I used to just wipe his butt with a baby wipe. Sounds like what
your boy has is extremely serious. I hope you and your vet can help him.

> I also have to take one of my other cats in becuase today I noticed
> that he may have a nasty tick on his left hip which is eating a hole in
> him. *sigh* I just hope my cats get better I hate seeing them suffer.

Please remove the tick. Do a google search on how to do this properly if
you don't know how. If it's been feeding for a while, you need to be
extra careful in how you remove it, but you need to remove it yourself
right now. (Flush it down the toilet after you remove it.) For future
reference, ticks need to be removed right away. They can transmit nasty
diseases. YOU can't catch them just by removing the tick, though, so
please get it off your cat NOW.

--
Lynne

"Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave
to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself." ~ Kahlil Gibran