PDA

View Full Version : Trouble: late night shopper

Bryan S.
January 8th 07, 04:56 AM
We have a large three-floor flat above a shop. At one time or another,
the shop was part of the house. The staircase, which previously
continued all the way down to the ground floor, has been sealed off
(sheet rock, etc).

Apparently, however... the ductwork is still connected in at least one
place, as somehow Trouble has made her way into the shop. As near as we
can tell, she opened one of the cabinets and made her way behind the
plywood to the ductwork for the pipes and whatnot.

There is one very confused kitty roaming around the shop right now.
When we finally found her (after I'd walked all over town for about an
hour looking for her, which was after an hour's worth of searching the
house), she came running to the door, expecting us to open it and take
her upstairs I suppose. Cats don't understand keys.

It's 3:51am.

Damned cat.

--
Bryan, Stacy, Alyssandra & James...

....under the watchful eyes of Her Majesty, Trouble (grey American
Shorthair)

sheelagh
January 8th 07, 06:02 AM
Bryan S. wrote:
> We have a large three-floor flat above a shop. At one time or another,
> the shop was part of the house. The staircase, which previously
> continued all the way down to the ground floor, has been sealed off
> (sheet rock, etc).
>
> Apparently, however... the ductwork is still connected in at least one
> place, as somehow Trouble has made her way into the shop. As near as we
> can tell, she opened one of the cabinets and made her way behind the
> plywood to the ductwork for the pipes and whatnot.
>
> There is one very confused kitty roaming around the shop right now.
> When we finally found her (after I'd walked all over town for about an
> hour looking for her, which was after an hour's worth of searching the
> house), she came running to the door, expecting us to open it and take
> her upstairs I suppose. Cats don't understand keys.
>
> It's 3:51am.
>
> Damned cat.
>
> --
> Bryan, Stacy, Alyssandra & James...
>
> ...under the watchful eyes of Her Majesty, Trouble (grey American
> Shorthair)

ROFLOL:o)

Of course they don't.... that is what her Majesty keeps you for.

Good exercise for you though ...& she was only thinking of you of
course.what a clever girl..
<beaming with amusment>
S.

marilyn
January 10th 07, 06:27 AM
Bryan S. wrote:
> We have a large three-floor flat above a shop. At one time or another,
> the shop was part of the house. The staircase, which previously
> continued all the way down to the ground floor, has been sealed off
> (sheet rock, etc).
>
> Apparently, however... the ductwork is still connected in at least one
> place, as somehow Trouble has made her way into the shop. As near as we
> can tell, she opened one of the cabinets and made her way behind the
> plywood to the ductwork for the pipes and whatnot.
>
> There is one very confused kitty roaming around the shop right now.
> When we finally found her (after I'd walked all over town for about an
> hour looking for her, which was after an hour's worth of searching the
> house), she came running to the door, expecting us to open it and take
> her upstairs I suppose. Cats don't understand keys.
>
> It's 3:51am.
>
> Damned cat.
>
> --
> Bryan, Stacy, Alyssandra & James...
>
> ...under the watchful eyes of Her Majesty, Trouble (grey American
> Shorthair)

Darth Breather
January 10th 07, 09:10 AM
Bryan S. wrote:

> There is one very confused kitty roaming around the shop right now.
> When we finally found her (after I'd walked all over town for about an
> hour looking for her, which was after an hour's worth of searching the
> house), she came running to the door, expecting us to open it and take
> her upstairs I suppose. Cats don't understand keys.
>
> It's 3:51am.
>
> Damned cat.
>
> --

So did you get her back? did she hv anything to say fr herself?

Bryan S.
January 10th 07, 03:19 PM
[Darth Breather )]
[10 Jan 2007 00:10:59 -0800]

> Bryan S. wrote:
> > There is one very confused kitty roaming around the shop right now.
> > When we finally found her (after I'd walked all over town for about an
> > hour looking for her, which was after an hour's worth of searching the
> > house), she came running to the door, expecting us to open it and take
> > her upstairs I suppose. Cats don't understand keys.
> >
> > It's 3:51am.
> >
> > Damned cat.

> So did you get her back? did she hv anything to say fr herself?

Yes, we got her home, and the first thing she did was go straight for
the kitchen to check out that terribly interesting cabinet once again.

The magna-locks are on their way. Meanwhile, she's sleeping in the
window upstairs on the nice warm kitty bed I bought online (one with the
heated stone in the middle).

--
Bryan, Stacy, Alyssandra & James...

....under the watchful eyes of Her Majesty, Trouble (grey American
Shorthair)

Darth Breather
January 11th 07, 12:19 AM
Bryan S. wrote:
> [Darth Breather )]
> [10 Jan 2007 00:10:59 -0800]
>
> > Bryan S. wrote:
> > > There is one very confused kitty roaming around the shop right now.
> > > When we finally found her (after I'd walked all over town for about an
> > > hour looking for her, which was after an hour's worth of searching the
> > > house), she came running to the door, expecting us to open it and take
> > > her upstairs I suppose. Cats don't understand keys.
> > >
> > > It's 3:51am.
> > >
> > > Damned cat.
>
> > So did you get her back? did she hv anything to say fr herself?
>
> Yes, we got her home, and the first thing she did was go straight for
> the kitchen to check out that terribly interesting cabinet once again.

you named her rigt

Bryan S.
January 12th 07, 03:20 AM
[Darth Breather )]
[10 Jan 2007 15:19:56 -0800]

> Bryan S. wrote:
> > [Darth Breather )]
> > [10 Jan 2007 00:10:59 -0800]

> > > So did you get her back? did she hv anything to say fr herself?
> >
> > Yes, we got her home, and the first thing she did was go straight for
> > the kitchen to check out that terribly interesting cabinet once again.
> >
> you named her rigt

She named herself, actually. When we first got her, we decided to let
her figure out her name. (our choice would have been Tuesday)

When she was a young kitten, she had a habit of crawling under the
couch, then convincing herself that she was stuck and mewing until one
of us would lift it up and rescue her. She did this often, with various
other places in the house, as well. On one occasion, as I was rescuing
her, it was remarked, "Well this little one certainly is good at getting
herself into trouble."

...and there you go. ;)

--
Bryan, Stacy, Alyssandra & James...

....under the watchful eyes of Her Majesty, Trouble (grey American
Shorthair)

Lynne
January 12th 07, 03:30 AM
on Fri, 12 Jan 2007 02:20:06 GMT, Bryan S. > wrote:

> She named herself, actually. When we first got her, we decided to let
> her figure out her name. (our choice would have been Tuesday)
>
> When she was a young kitten, she had a habit of crawling under the
> couch, then convincing herself that she was stuck and mewing until one
> of us would lift it up and rescue her. She did this often, with various
> other places in the house, as well. On one occasion, as I was rescuing
> her, it was remarked, "Well this little one certainly is good at getting
> herself into trouble."
>
> ..and there you go. ;)

She sounds like a great cat!

--
Lynne

Bryan S.
January 12th 07, 03:36 AM
[Lynne )]
[Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:30:00 -0600]

> on Fri, 12 Jan 2007 02:20:06 GMT, Bryan S. > wrote:
>
> > She named herself, actually. When we first got her, we decided to let
> > her figure out her name. (our choice would have been Tuesday)
> >
> > When she was a young kitten, she had a habit of crawling under the
> > couch, then convincing herself that she was stuck and mewing until one
> > of us would lift it up and rescue her. She did this often, with various
> > other places in the house, as well. On one occasion, as I was rescuing
> > her, it was remarked, "Well this little one certainly is good at getting
> > herself into trouble."
> >
> > ..and there you go. ;)
>
> She sounds like a great cat!

2nd-best I have ever had, and that is saying quite a lot.

--
Bryan, Stacy, Alyssandra & James...

....under the watchful eyes of Her Majesty, Trouble (grey American
Shorthair)

Lynne
January 12th 07, 05:34 AM
on Fri, 12 Jan 2007 02:36:22 GMT, Bryan S. > wrote:

> 2nd-best I have ever had, and that is saying quite a lot.

I know exactly what you mean by that. If you have any photos to share, I'd
love to see Trouble!

--
Lynne